Ready, Steady, Go!

They use oil as fuel. They are Limited. Each vehicle is unique.

Whooosh! There goes the oil price soaring up.

Thanks for the info Marco. Save a pink car for Kimmi :D

They've not said for sure that it runs on oil. I kinda hope it doesn't with the fact that mind force coming back didn't increase the demand for Mind essence by much and if cars now reduce the need for it even further by providing a fun alternative to tp chips we are possibly going to see the value of sweat crash even further. Not sure that's a good thing really.

Cars wont replace tp chips...its always gonna be faster to tp back to that half dead mob or hunting team and theres still a lot of terrain we cant even walk over so I cant see driving being much different.

They will be a fun distraction but not a replacement for tp chips.

Yeah I read the few pages I'd missed right after posting and realised Marco had said that, whoops. :rolleyes:

We'll see what happens I guess. Maybe mining will be more profitable again now.

All nice and fun maybe, but got some questions. ;)

What will the ticket price for drunk driving and/or speeding ?
Who will clean all the roads of those poor road kills ?
How to travel from Eudoria to Amethera by vehicle ? :laugh:

Some possible chat quotes from the near future.
Player 1: “Darn I got looted in PvP 4 !”
Player 2: “WTH ? How ?”
Player 1: “He ran me over with his vehicle !”

Or.
Player 1: “Aaarg another drive by mob train !”
Player 2: “Oh maaan I hate those ! Wish MA did something about them,
can’t even hunt normal these days.”

And then we get ?
Mindark traffic update,
5 mile traffic jam between Twin Peaks and The Oil Rig.
We advise you to use the teleporter.

When I ran from an Atrox, we both were surprised to find these.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

:D

Last edited:
Marco just a suggestion. Oil has hardly any mu on it so why not refine both oil and sweat to make the fuel? I'm sure the decay from the process wud make u also very happy im sure :D.

All cars in the event will be of the same type and model. All cars can be customized using the coloring and texture systems.

So, tell me, in ur first post u say each car will be unique, then you say all cars will be of the same type... Hmmm, i dont understand *sry im stupid*

It's getting to the point where I don't even care about the vehicle system anymore. It's soul crushing that they're limited. Another MA cash cow.

Sure, I'll try to get one, but I'm not spending any money on the damn thing. I'll stick with my TP chip.

It's getting to the point where I don't even care about the vehicle system anymore. It's soul crushing that they're limited. Another MA cash cow.

Sure, I'll try to get one, but I'm not spending any money on the damn thing. I'll stick with my TP chip.

It sounds to me like the ones which are handed out will be (L) but that wont necessarily apply to all vehicles.
As mentioned, Vehicles will be customisable, that is a hint that many Vehicles will be UL. They cant expect people to want to customise something which is (L), I know I wouldn't.

Well, it have been the policy a long time that all items by default is limitied, so not a big suprise. They have two opionions, cheap limtied cars, or expensive unlimited cars. They chose the cheap L cars to give all players a chance to have and test one.

Cool with the possibilty to color and use textures on them, as i had hope for :)

It sounds to me like the ones which are handed out will be (L) but that wont necessarily apply to all vehicles.
As mentioned, Vehicles will be customisable, that is a hint that many Vehicles will be UL. They cant expect people to want to customise something which is (L), I know I wouldn't.

well hard to tell when we don't know exactly how and how fast the vehicles are decayed.

Well, it have been the policy a long time that all items by default is limitied, so not a big suprise. They have two opionions, cheap limtied cars, or expensive unlimited cars. They chose the cheap L cars to give all players a chance to have and test one.

Cool with the possibilty to color and use textures on them, as i had hope for :)

I hope you're both right. I'd be really disappointed if they were all (L). There's no point to having all (L) vehicles anyways except to support crafters. meh

damn i won't be back home until the 23rd so can't log on to try and get one :(

Or at least something sustainable/renewable, like Sweat?

By the time humans manage to colonise another planet, they should've weened themselves off oil. I'll be honest, I won't be driving until there is a green option available! :wise:

Disclaimer: I love the addition of vehicles, I'm just too much of a treehugging hippie to drive even a virtual gasguzzler :D

This is one of the stupidest things I have read here. You use electricity (likely from fossil-fuel power plant) to play a game and yet won't use a vehicle in that game because it uses virtual oil. Beats me.

This is one of the stupidest things I have read here. You use electricity (likely from fossil-fuel power plant) to play a game and yet won't use a vehicle in that game because it uses virtual oil. Beats me.

I guess you're missing the fact that he's making a joke?

Even if he's serious about the tree hugging thing, that will probably not be the reason he won't drive an EU car. ;) (PEDs are)

I hope you're both right. I'd be really disappointed if they were all (L). There's no point to having all (L) vehicles anyways except to support crafters. meh

I guess it will be like weapons, we can find some that are UL. We need the L itmes to have a "production economy" in the game.

So, tell me, in ur first post u say each car will be unique, then you say all cars will be of the same type... Hmmm, i dont understand *sry im stupid*

Non-stackable.

I guess you're missing the fact that he's making a joke?

Even if he's serious about the tree hugging thing, that will probably not be the reason he won't drive an EU car. ;) (PEDs are)

Calypso is a green planet anyway. Everything there is composed of 100% post-consumer recycled electrons.

damn i won't be back home until the 23rd so can't log on to try and get one :(

poor dude , but your not alone .

my pc broke and i still wait for it to come back from the repair :(

Yay!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
(my photo!)

This is awesome!!

But can you tier them?

Yeah, chip tuning so they can go even faster :D

FREE? :scratch2:
Will they be tradable? :confused:

Must be if FPC officials will be handing them out :D

I hope that Weapons like Minisweepers and plasma guns we can add to the vehicle roof and truck so we can hunt in REAL team and shoot at mobs while riding the jeep! :D

Not likely as it seems vehicles are faster than the mobs, so no armor decay.... or well can you actually drive and shoot at once?

Hmm limited... that sucks!

Nevermind...

awsome!

That would be an AWSOME birthday present! thanks MA

Back