really important problem (i cant play :* )

Greece

Hatchling
i need someone to help me with that :

i downloaded the game , registered and started playing ,
in the first 2 minutes it was all ok but then ... a message apeared saying that i the connection with the entropia server was lost :mad: that thing hapens every time i log in within the first 2 minutes ingame
please someone help me with that because i wanna play this game . i find it rather interesting .

p.s
if needed those are my pc and connection specs:
PC:
intel P4 3,4 ghz
nvidia GeForce 6600 (256mb)
512mb ram
Connection:
simple Dsl connection at 384kbps

Mirand said:
Hi,

Make sure the bandwith settings are correct and if you use a firewall u need to open up these ports:

-20, 21 (TCP Outbound)
-30584 (UDP inbound/outbound)

Or read the following FAQ http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5326.html

Greetings
thanx for your help my friend i saw those settings that i have to make but i dont know how :( so please can you tell me how to open the ports

If you're using a wireless router, don't. lol

Plug in directly to the modem with an ethernet cable.

For help with ports, if you're gonna use a router, google it or ask the router manufacturer tech support.

Click the options button in the bottom left frame of the client loader, and try setting the speed to 128 Kbps. I have a T-1 speed DSL connection, and if I try for anything faster with PE, the connection craps out.

It's not net congestion, I can get fast test speeds to other sites in Sweden.

AG

Ok

I had this problem for a long time do you notice that when you run into a tp nothing happens ?

well follow these steps 1) create a new account 2) walk the avater into a tp 3)log out and log back in with your 1st account 4) pay me 1 million ped for helping you solve your problem :)

Greece said:
in the first 2 minutes it was all ok but then ... a message apeared saying that i the connection with the entropia server was lost

If you were able to connect to the server and play at all, then you don't need to monkey around with your port settings. If the port settings were wrong, you never would have gotten into the game in the first place.

Most little routers/firewalls use NAT for outbound connections, and PE/EU works fine through NAT with no special settings required.

Download and install this tool:
http://www.pingplotter.com/
(I prefer version 2)

Go into options and turn everything on.
Change the interval to one second.
Set it to show one sample.

Tell it to ping ftp.entropiauniverse.com or www.entropiauniverse.com

Stare at it a while.

Are you getting packet losses?
Where are the losses happening? If they are happning quite a few hops down the backbone, you can't do anything about it - those routers automatically decide backbone routes depending on circumstances.

What are your ping times like? For a DSL, your pings on the hop to your provider should be in the 30ms or less range. Expect ping times to get higher as the packets move further down the backbone.

Is there some router down the backbone where you see suddenly increased ping times? Again, nothing you can do about that but hope it gets noticed and cleared up by whoever is responsible for that router.

And they almost certainly already know about it - most serious routers are monitored 24/7 by automated software which sends out alerts when there is a problem.

I have a 3G cellular modem in my laptop. With 4 bars of signal, my ping times are about 250ms - on a par with a dialup. With 3 bars, pings rise to 500ms (half a second). With 2 bars, pings are at 750ms, yet the game is still playable. There is definately very noticable lag (my last shot usually goes into a dead animal) but it is playable.

So ping times shouldn't really be a problem, but extended periods of excessive packet loss (over 20%) on any hop between you and MA can be a game-breaker.

Back