Question: Reasonable Armor

BigBertha

Stalker
Society
SDW
BigBertha Lucky Freedom
Hi there community!
Its been a while since i was hunting at calypso, okey some few hundreds peds hunts but since my economy isnt that good at the moment i am skilling VSE.

BUT i would like to know what reasonable armor (price and my lvl on hunts) i should buy when i can afford hunting again.

Atm i am not using any armor at all, because i use to hunt low lvl mob with my Bukin´s Blade just to keep up my hunting a bit (sweating and kill the mob) but when i can afford starting hunts again it would be nice knowing what kind of armor i should use nowadays!

Earlier i used to have Ghost with or without 5b´s but tbh I guess that kind of setup were a bit pricey for me atm atleast.

If i remember i have lvl 15ish evade and lvl37 laser pistoleer so i can kill quite big mobs but i need to heal a lots if i meet an ambu old etc.

I know, i started playing a long time ago but i have had a few breaks and keep it calm and steady ^^

What kind of Armor should I use, so i could know what to buy when I am a more active hunter than now?

Just to know how much peds i will have to save up for and what kind of armor i need to save up for.. :p

Sorry for my quite bad english, rgds BB

Depends entirely on what you want to hunt.

Gremlin is a nice all-around set if you are set on UL armor, but you can get better results by buying up cheap boar/bear/etc. parts and putting together a "christmas tree" set.

If you haven't completed your discipleship, do so. You get adj pixie, which is a really nice mid-low armor. I'll mentor you if you want. :p

Hi there community!
Its been a while since i was hunting at calypso, okey some few hundreds peds hunts but since my economy isnt that good at the moment i am skilling VSE.

BUT i would like to know what reasonable armor (price and my lvl on hunts) i should buy when i can afford hunting again.

Atm i am not using any armor at all, because i use to hunt low lvl mob with my Bukin´s Blade just to keep up my hunting a bit (sweating and kill the mob) but when i can afford starting hunts again it would be nice knowing what kind of armor i should use nowadays!

Earlier i used to have Ghost with or without 5b´s but tbh I guess that kind of setup were a bit pricey for me atm atleast.

If i remember i have lvl 15ish evade and lvl37 laser pistoleer so i can kill quite big mobs but i need to heal a lots if i meet an ambu old etc.

I know, i started playing a long time ago but i have had a few breaks and keep it calm and steady ^^

What kind of Armor should I use, so i could know what to buy when I am a more active hunter than now?

Just to know how much peds i will have to save up for and what kind of armor i need to save up for.. :p

Sorry for my quite bad english, rgds BB

do you still have your adjusted pixie? it can be useful.
otherwise i would suggest to embrace the inner christmas tree that is inside all of use, go to the auction, sort L armor by lowest markup and be happy. :)

Use L armor - bear,boar,aurora is cheap as hell.

I was disciple -08 so I dont have that chance of getting adj pixie :( But i guess i could buy one or buy L armor
but since i cant afford the midlvl hunts yet then i wont need too much protection :)

I was disciple -08 so I dont have that chance of getting adj pixie :( But i guess i could buy one or buy L armor
but since i cant afford the midlvl hunts yet then i wont need too much protection :)

You might check other L opportunities. I think there are quite a few arkadian low level armors available close to tt value.

Get a mentor, graduate and receive your free Adj pixie set.
After that you can think about buying plates before you do any upgrades. I'd suggest .2A first, and go to .5B later. Or if you prefer to be more eco go for .8A (L) or the pulsar 8 (L) plates. They will protect you full even at lower tt but you have to buy new plates once in a while.
Of course you can also put on a set of .6A plates for drones.

I am using actually paladin armor which is really nice with 5b/6a plates set :) You can go either for drone and trox like hunt :)

You might check other L opportunities. I think there are quite a few arkadian low level armors available close to tt value.

yeah might be an ok idea thx mate :) later on when i can depo more i guess i´ll save up for a Boar or something ^^

About the disciple part - i am already graduated ^^ lvl37 laser pistoleer atm :)

About the disciple part - i am already graduated ^^ lvl37 laser pistoleer atm :)

I'm not 100% on this but I think you can do it again if your mentor exceeds your levels.
I haven't tried but I have mentored some that were older than me but have lower skill lvl's.

I'm not 100% on this but I think you can do it again if your mentor exceeds your levels.
I haven't tried but I have mentored some that were older than me but have lower skill lvl's.

o_O Oh?? New kind of ventures?

You can go through the discipleship a second time if you graduated back in '09 (the mentor has to be higher level than you). Adjusted Pixie is probably the best lowish UL armor for mob hunting. You can go hunt Argos outside Twin Peaks all day in it. Find a good (L) Laser Pistol (Chikara Laser Pistol (not sure which one), Korss H400 or Korss H380). Good times :) welcome to the new EU.

You can go through the discipleship a second time if you graduated back in '09 (the mentor has to be higher level than you). Adjusted Pixie is probably the best lowish UL armor for mob hunting. You can go hunt Argos outside Twin Peaks all day in it. Find a good (L) Laser Pistol (Chikara Laser Pistol (not sure which one), Korss H400 or Korss H380). Good times :) welcome to the new EU.

Oh damn fun! ^^

Yep, what this guy said. I graduated back in 06' but did it again last year. :p Adj Pixie ftw!

:girl:

I was a disciple in 2007, and when the system was re-implemented... I think you can still graduate in the new system if that hasn't changed :)

Edit:

Beat me to it :)

In that case i´d consider a mentor :p

Yup i never had a mentor as a new noob, but after the re-implementation i signed up with Skippie and graduated. Nice little grad present, the adj pixie.

And as i said, i'd be happy to mentor. Look me up on registry. :)

In spite of having one disciple graduate years ago, it's still the one profession i haven't unlocked...

Well I´ll look you up mate :)

rough pricing

General prices as follows (M)

adj pixie 80 - 100 ped a set
shogun approx 200 ped a set
ghost without foots approx 400 ped (foots are 400 ped alone - try gremlin instead)

or as suggested go for the Christmas Tree

Good Luck:yay::yay::yay::yay:

General prices as follows (M)

adj pixie 80 - 100 ped a set
shogun approx 200 ped a set
ghost without foots approx 400 ped (foots are 400 ped alone - try gremlin instead)

or as suggested go for the Christmas Tree

Good Luck:yay::yay::yay::yay:
Tbh Ghost isnt reasonable for my gameplay - way too expensive in decay
Shogun is reasonable but i´ve already owned that one.
Adj Pixie seems to be the choice atm, quite good protection while hunting low maturity argonauts :D
Might even be a good choice when i hunt other mobs later on, with some good plates i guess i could even go for troxies :D
Better having good plates on Pixie than having ghost while hunting trox :p
I happened to lie earler, i have lvl 14.7 evade :ahh:
Well then i´ll go on with the argonauts close to twins for a while, and when i have unlocked coolness i guess i willl go for more shortblade with my bukin´s :D

doer's christmas tree suggestion is the best advice. simply get the low tt parts of the nicer armours:

bear, boar, gremlin, nemesis (ghost/phantom/jarhead)

doer's christmas tree suggestion is the best advice. simply get the low tt parts of the nicer armours:

bear, boar, gremlin, nemesis (ghost/phantom/jarhead)

Yeah depending on what mob you hunt also :)
But as my skills says, i am quite a noob yet :ahh:

if yu want to hunt argo go for settler + 5b it's really eco

Yeah depending on what mob you hunt also :)
But as my skills says, i am quite a noob yet :ahh:

shogun, knight, paladin, kobold, koroma, rascal, mah'ketta x-mas tree also possible...

:eyecrazy:

Could be worse but even adj pixie by itself is better for a small argo spawn (young-scout). The settler+5b has too many 1 dmg hits that are overprotected.

armor_advisor--argos.gif

I used guardian + 1a or 5a for the iron mission, i think. Probably used chromatophore arms (L) and a random renegade shin (L) because i had them and (L) armor typically has better durability. This mix beats the settler+5b by my criteria, but not by a lot. With such low total damage the exponential decay of additional protection isn't a big factor.

On small mobs i try to target an armor eco of ~13-15. Any higher and it's wasted time, any lower and it's wasted FAP economy and wasted regen (H.E.A.R.T. being ~15 heal/pec).

Last edited:
To be honest, I get a lot of 1.0 hits against Argos (Young to Adult) in Adj Pixie. It is pretty cheap to repair though.

Sorry but i wouldn´t even look at settler mate :) adj pixie is a gooood choice :D

Warrior +2c and Goblin +4c are even better than the ones listed by Doer for 8 points average from adults, just using my inventory. What I actually used for my iron mission chain was Explorer + 2a. But my target was 10 point average hit from Adult.

Warrior is an armor you should definitely look at, it is more or less 1/2 of Shogun, which makes it just about perfect for small mob missions with plates. Warrior + 2c covers small argo, small molisk, cornundacauda, foul, atrax etc just fine, and 3b plates will get you drone mission as well.

Of course, if you have, or are going to get 5a plates, get explorer (which is sort of 1/2 hunter) instead of warrior, and you are covered on those too. Both warrior and explorer are also cheap armors.

Back