Rebalance, Reward Depositors and Penalize Leechers

Lol, I think you have to start worry about your own intelligence, not mine, as I didn't say they are not playing, but not paying. But you are very nice that you worry about the playerbase...

Misred, mainly because there was an earlier post by OP that actually does say if you don't deposit you aren't playing... that was what was in my head, apologies.

Because i've never seen the Rocky mountains does that mean they don't excist ??

You stated that there was no deposit fee when there is one.....just because you don't use bank transfer method doesn't mean it is not there for others.

Since you stated there is no deposit fee because you don't use that specific method to deposit then I guess that means that I have to say that those mountains don't exist since I have not seen them. :D

Although it's impossible to prove for certain. I think after five years of playing (extensively hunting) there are two types of player who leech from genuine customers.

High Level Leecher - Deposit/trade for uber gear, profit, sell uber gear and never provide to MindArk.

Low Level Leecher - Due to currency exchange, can play 12-16 hours a day, seem to find the majority of big loots in comparison to genuine customers and never provide to MindArk.

Now as a genuine customer who deposits to lose ped to MindArk, works daily and plays in the evening, I have slowly become enraged by the unfairness of MindArk's system.

There seems to be no reward whatsoever given to the genuine customers who pays MindArk's bills, and in fact the opposite, they get punished because the system seems setup to reward the two types of leechers.

I say a rebalance is in order, do you agree?, if so, what are your suggestion

There´s been a lot of reply´s on his pos.
But most about "his experience and thoughts" about the game.
It´s obvious that many people doesn´t agree with him.
But that´s his experience of the game, you don´t have to agree.
What about his question, any thoughts on that? :confused:

I say a rebalance is in order, do you agree?, if so, what are your suggestion?

Many of you who replied asked about his purpose of this post. Did you read the whole post? :scratch2:

/Belgarion

You stated that there was no deposit fee when there is one.....just because you don't use bank transfer method doesn't mean it is not there for others.

Since you stated there is no deposit fee because you don't use that specific method to deposit then I guess that means that I have to say that those mountains don't exist since I have not seen them. :D

Yep there is a fee if you do not do a direct bank transfere, but those fees are incurred from your bank/credit card etc, not by MA

Rgds

Ace

I see where the OP is coming from and i also see how non depositors also contribute to the game but the game can only survive if depositors are involved i think that is pretty obvious.

Many businesses reward customers and it is usually the customers who invest a lot of money either buy purchasing products or using services.

Some reward schemes listed below

• Spend X amount in our store to recieve X amount $$ voucher
  • Buy your groceries with us recieve 4 cents off your fuel per litre
  • frequent flyer rewards, business lounge, upgrades
  • frequent shopper rewards
  • credit card user rewards

I think that is what the op is trying to say and i agree whole heartedly, why not reward people who deposit, it may actually keep them around a bit longer so you non depositors still have a game to play for free.

Amazing that some people still think MA pay bills and staff by decay and fairytales.
It is people that deposit that makes this game run and stay alive, just no way around that.
And if you still don’t get it, then please open head and insert brain:loco:

Co-sign.
Anyone who doesn't understand this, is in denial.

Problem solved, didn't you get an extra christmas gift for you're depo's :D

Just FYI

All deposits go on your PED card, and can be withdrawn at any time. Therefor MA do not make money from deposits.
Rgds

Ace

If MA dont make money from depositors, why do they give them free Gold Card at 5k ped deposited? And why extra presents from MA on holidays?

Uber players that never deposited but have 100m PED worth of crap dont get shit, THAT means something.

And isn´t PED a virtual currency?

If I deposit, MA keeps the $ and give me PED (which really isn´t money?), until I decide to withdraw, then they exchange my virtual cash to $ again with a fee? And the thing about MA giving almost all of that fee to my bank is probably bullshit, in that case it would have been a fixed fee, not %, right? Can´t be any difference to transfer 100$ or 1000.000$? I know that some, like something that rhymes with Gaypal charge % though, maybe that has to be taken into mind.

If that´s the case that means that MA then owns my money, with the odd chance I might withdraw it, they can make money with money maybe? Investing? Bank it for interest? I dont have a business degree so I dont claim to know what I´m talking about :D

And I´m thinking that 1 second to deposit, 2 months to withdraw will prevent many people from withdrawing their money, and that should mean some extra %´s chance of further making $ from that avatar?

They profit from deposits, decay and ALL estates etc etc.

Is the decay-revenue based on when it actually decays? I.E when the mob is hitting me, changing clothes etc.?

I´m no genius but that´s what I think, please, correct me if I´m horribly wrong :D

Regards,

Nestor

Ps. IF, infact deposit gives MA profit, then something like this could be done, I deposit, and it would be kinda cool to have a pyramid-thing set up for depositors, like deposit 5k - get a gold card. 10k - get a Hogglo statue or whatever. 20k - u get the picture. Ds.

Last edited:
i think you need to define a lot more all your diferent concep.
Depositor , leecher , profit , freeloader , resseler , land owner , investor ....

You will see that , investor who own land , who did deposit a lot , and who leech the game while they buy and sell item are not so rare...

I withdrawed only 12% of what I deposited since 5 years.
It mean that 88% of what I deposited was re-injected in the universe because I dont only love to play the Land, Hangar, Estates & Shop "investor" but I also love to play Entropia in my way.
And believe me, I could have withdraw more than my deposits if I wanted.

I'm curious to know what is the Deposit vs Withdraw ratio of the Top 10 investors that most of you and MindArk venerate and licks ass since several years.

Deep inside of me I hope not too many peoples think that I am one of those you talk about because I'm not. I'm probably one of the rare specimen but it's the truth. ;)

See Brooklyn while I agree with some of your posts your style of play depends on depositers and if they go away then who will pay MA salaries, server upgrades, power bills, and new software/hardware? So don't be so quick to boohoo those who don't play your style we all depend on each other and no style of play is more righteous than another (unless you are a pond scum scammer lol)

I don't really care how other people play it's their choice. What I reject totally is someone asking "me" to reward or fund their play. Even worse expecting me to put a stamp of approval on bad playing or losing PEDS/points.

The reward and the money to pay for it doesn't come from MA it comes from you and me. This kind of bizarre richman's piss down economic theory of life... that they support us all and we should be grateful for their self-serving benevolence… alternate life or not… is pure bullshit.

We should if anything give a parting gift to anyone who leaves without withdrawing their, small deposits. They in the hundreds of thousands are the ones who built this economy and really paid, pay and will continue pay for it's growth and expansion and MA's expenses and profit. That's what the business model is really built on... the fact that no matter how good the retention rate... which will realistically and probably never be over 25% for one year... no matter how good the game is... as the other lives and games demonstrate.

Self-righteously bragging about your losses and expecting a reward for it, is bad for all of us. We all come here equally as colonist and to suggest that some are more equal than others simply because they deposit/lose heavily undermines the integrity of both MA and the honesty of the game.

I don't have deep pockets, should anyone or I be penalized by not getting a reward, simply because we can only reasonably deposit 5 or 20 dollars a month? Should one be penalized, demonized or not recognized because they strive to play well and seek to lower their playing costs?

MA itself has indicated that they want to get more players in the 10 -20 dollar per month deposit range and have asked for suggestions on how to play for that amount? That’s where the true market and real money is. So how does rewarding big time depositors / “I don’t mind losing” losers pissing away 100 – 1000+ dollars a month serve anyone?

Especially when they come out in public and whine about it and falsely demand a T-shirt or other symbolic gift…. because what they really want is more loot or some in game item…and we are not talking about an extra pair of angel wings or an in game I’m a depositor/loser tee-shirt.

The word investment, which, like you, is sometimes what I will do, implies working and searching for a return that is greater than the amount invested or Playing for Free/Profit. Players who invested the least and gained the most, If we are going to reward anything, in terms of achievement, that should be rewarded, It shows and demonstrates there’s hope for all in hopeless world if they work the RCE enviroment as it’s intended. That is what will draw on keep "good" long term customers.

That is not to be confused with depositing/”I don’t mind loosing” as the op suggests he wants a reward for. I suggest the op and others like him to petition Jon Jacobs directly with his story and case for a comp TP trip to CND or Deathifiler for a comp non-taxed week or month of hunting on TI… or Buzz for a comp ammunition package on CP. But don’t come begging, the collective community of players, for a undeserved counter productive "freebie" or trying to get MA to do your dirtywork for you, learn to buy and hold your own tin cup with some pride and diginity.

Last edited:
I don't really care how other people play it's their choice. What I reject totally is someone asking "me" to reward or fund their play.

Dellusions of grandeur?
Nowhere in this thread did anyone ask for you to reward or fund anything.
Nor was your stamp of approval asked for, or required.

Dellusions of grandeur?
Nowhere in this thread did anyone ask for you to reward or fund anything.
Nor was your stamp of approval asked for, or required.

Nonsense where do you think the money to pay for this is coming from?

NO! From from the loot pool which is now collectively part mine and yours.

Correct.

But the money got into the loot pool from depositors.

NO! From from the loot pool which is now collectively part mine and yours.

If only MA made this game totally free to play and refused any more deposits and gave all our deposits back to us, we would all have such a great game and we would all profit.

in your bizzaro world that is.

Correct.

But the money got into the loot pool from depositors.

Most of whom are long gone and didn't get a reward..it is our sacred duty to protect and use wisely what they have left behind.

If only MA made this game totally free to play and refused any more deposits and gave all our deposits back to us, we would all have such a great game and we would all profit.

in your bizzaro world that is.

It is free to play and if you don't want to do that I see no purpose or benefit in rewading you for that. In fact as i explained above it's actually counter productive.

See Below
You lack any form of common sense Brooklyn, sorry, but it's impossible to have a civil conversation about anything, with someone who has no common sense.

It is you who are using some broad nonsensical argument that you and the OP are the "saviours of the game" and demand compensation from me and others... for that misguided overblown bizarro world concept that illogically reduces the monetary value of your claiming you are doing.

Last edited:
You lack any form of common sense Brooklyn, sorry, but it's impossible to have a civil conversation about anything, with someone who has no common sense.

Self-righteously bragging about your losses and expecting a reward for it, is bad for all of us.

That is not what he wrote, ever.

Especially when they come out in public and whine about it and falsely demand a T-shirt or other symbolic gift…. because what they really want is more loot or some in game item…and we are not talking about an extra pair of angel wings or an in game I’m a depositor/loser tee-shirt.

That is not what he wrote, ever.

The word investment, which, like you, is sometimes what I will do, implies working and searching for a return that is greater than the amount invested or Playing for Free/Profit. Players who invested the least and gained the most, If we are going to reward anything, in terms of achievement, that should be rewarded, It shows and demonstrates there’s hope for all in hopeless world if they work the RCE enviroment as it’s intended. That is what will draw on keep "good" long term customers.

If you invested the least and gained the most, why would you deserve a reward? Just sounds odd.

At a workplace, you have one employee that can choose not to contribute to the company and not get any pay, or choose to contribute and get payed.

The investment part is what many people strive for, and it´s all good.
Reselling as an investment?, like buying land is for example?
Buying land is a risky business, you may never profit from it, reselling is without exception a greedy business you will make profit out of buying from the poorest and selling to the less poor.
Well, maybe this is just about moral, but I dont like the reselling one bit, even though they can be useful from time to time, like on CND a few months ago.

That is not to be confused with depositing/”I don’t mind loosing” as the op suggests he wants a reward for.

He didn´t want a reward for losing.

In the end, you both are right, because you believe so.
Make Love, not War ;)

It is you who are using some broad nonsensical argument that you and the OP are the "saviours of the game" and demand compensation from me and others...

Hmm, whatever pills you are on, share em :)

If you really beleive that certain depositers/I don't mind losing"
deserve such recognition and reward for their efforts in saving EU.
:scratch2:
You should form a
Depositers/losers Reward and Recognition Society
and all chip in 10-100 peds a month
and give out yearly or monthly prizes.
:cool:

Last edited:
Hey, you are not investing shit, since you never had any own money.

INVESTMENTS = REAL CASH ?

Hey, you are not investing shit, since you never had any own money.

INVESTMENTS = REAL CASH ?

Nonsense I've invested in my equipment... I re-invested when I brought 20,000 nexus to match 20,000 sweat... to make a killing when they reintroduced the TP chips before sweating and will be able to play quite nicely on that money for the next three months everything I own in game I earned and it is mine not yours... and now you want to take some of what is mine and give it away to give away to whom? and a counter productive whom at that.

Sorry, my bad.

May i buy them for more than you payed for them? :D

on both counts.

I have no opinion on the rewards thing you lot seem to be talking about in this thread, but..

Most of whom are long gone and didn't get a reward..it is our sacred duty to protect and use wisely what they have left behind.

Well they better get them back again then :)

Without continued player deposits the company will cease to operate. It is their only revenue stream.

Nonsense I've invested in my equipment... I invested when I brought 20,000 nexus to match 20,000 sweat... to make a killing when they reintroduced the TP chips before sweating and will be able to play quite nicely on that money for the next three months everything I own in game I earned and it is mine not yours... and now you want to take some of what is mine and give it away to give away to whom? and a counter productive whom at that.

Noone wants to take anything from you!

Someone wants MA to appriciate the money they put in.
It is your choice to deposit, as is it your choice to buy stocks for example, and when you buy stocks you have certain privilegies as a customer.

Another comparison is you being an importer of products, you buy cheap from China, which has low market value on their products, and sell to Norwegian customers which generally can pay more markup.

The depositor is the manufacturer of the items, items that would not be there if it wasn´t for their interaction in the first place.

Who should get the fucking t-shirt? :D

Maybe noone, maybe both.

I have no opinion on the rewards thing you lot seem to be talking about in this thread, but..

Well they better get them back again then :)

Without continued player deposits the company will cease to operate. It is their only revenue stream.

that's rubbish, Brooklyn is here she will save the company.

Noone wants to take anything from you!

Someone wants MA to appriciate the money they put in.
It is your choice to deposit, as is it your choice to buy stocks for example, and when you buy stocks you have certain privilegies as a customer.

Another comparison is you being an importer of products, you buy cheap from China, which has low market value on their products, and sell to Norwegian customers which generally can pay more markup.

The depositor is the manufacturer of the items, items that would not be there if it wasn´t for their interaction in the first place.

Who should get the fucking t-shirt? :D

Maybe noone, maybe both.

Obv the norweigens get the t-shirt, coz they pay more markup.

Back