Recent and serious overheating!

olivia888

Guardian
Society
Time Travelers
Olivia Liv Forever
Hi everybody,

I have a problem staying on Entropia for longer than 5 minutes! My laptop shuts down due to overheating!!! I had just turned it on, but as soon as I am in EU, my processor starts over-heating and once it gets over 90 degrees, it shuts down! Have any of you had similar problems? It is only since the last update that it has been doing this… :scratch2:

Liv Forever :girl:

Do you have an onboard graphics card? With the shared memory it could be the memory - I've had 2 graphics cards (Nvidea 550 ti) burn down since June and it is this game causing it (and no I don't overclock).

I have had strange pc shut downs after a few mins in eu 2 or 3 times in the last week . dunno if thats coincidence and i need to clean my fans again or if eu is trying to burn my pc to death :| ( desktop not lappy )

Well I had no trouble on EU for months, and this really is only since last update. M laptop is a Toshiba and is just under a year old. I have an Intel Core i7, and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M. I never had this problem but do recall many having their graphics card ruined after CryEngineII was implemented. I guess I will have to stay off EU until their next update; hopefully it will fix this problem I am having.

If the windows maintenance event log tells you it was shut down by an overheating CPU you will most likely need to repaste it. As it's less than 1 year old you've probably warranty on it.

I had such a problem but then with my GPU overheating in my lappy some years ago. Think it shut down at 110-120 degrees celsius. Support (Asus, not mindark lol) accepted the RMA request with the copy/paste of the event log where it stated overheating and it was fixed free of charge. Running in safe mode I could play a bit at the time, but if someone were to use a vtol or such it was all over lol. Still managed to participate in the EUWBC that year in those conditions.

Best is check the log and RMA it I think. Overheating is not normal, or perhaps the vents are blocked by the surface the lappy is on or dust in the fan cover(s). May be worth looking into. One fan is usually for the gfx card and the other for the cpu.

I used to have similar situation on my laptop with it over heating and shutting down while running EU. I would recommend getting a laptop cooling pad. I have one with two fans and I can run EU for hours now. I got mine for about $30. Hope this helps!

Only time it happened to me on a lappy was when fans were clogged with dust-My recommend get em cleaned out:wise:

my pc looked clean at a glance , but i removed the cpu heatsink and it was totaly blocked inside with thick black fluff :p game is running ok again.:ahh:

Back