Red Ped: The Chosen One

News-Updates.png

6th August 2020

MAJOR CHANGES TO EVENT

Even though this event was set up less than 3 weeks ago I have been receiving a huge amount of feedback from many people in the community. The core messages however all tended to have the same theme:

- "I'm not joining this event. The event takes too long. I won't win it."
- "I don't want to run a Land Area. If I won it, I'd just sell it."
- "Please don't give away the Land Area, we like you running it!"
- "Why are you leaving? Have you had enough? Don't leave us!"

I was never intending to 'leave' the game (in fact I want to get more involved!), I just wanted to offer a big exciting prize that would help capture the imagination. However, given the feedback it looks like I've gone a bit too far. It looks like I'd actually be giving away a prize that not many people want (as running a Land Area is like a part time job), and I would be giving away the main tool that I use for creating events (which, if you haven't noticed, is what me true passion is).

Therefore, as the event is still very new I have decided to completely overhaul the event in order to make it more appealing to the average player. The key changes that have been made are:
  1. The "Land Area" top (and only) prize has been replaced by a ped-based 1st, 2nd, 3rd ranked system with the top prize being 20,000 ped.
  2. There is now no cap on shards
  3. All shards and Tokens can now be traded via The Shard Merchant
  4. You now only need 100 shards to create a Token
  5. Tokens are now worth more than shards, so you get more 'bank for your buck' if you save up your shards to buy Tokens
  6. There are now only 5 people in a Gold Token HSL knock-out
  7. Being 2nd place in a knock-out tournament now has a prize (you get your Token back)
  8. All 'locked' shards have now been converted to tradable shards (converted to Tokens where appropriate)

No doubt the decision to change the event like this will cause some controversy with some people, but I think most people will be happy with the change and would indeed prefer better odds and a ped prize over a Land Area. In addition, the conversion of 'locked' shards to tradable shards was an expensive decision to make, but I think it's the right move in order to simplify the event and to give back a nice sweetener as an opening to this new and (hopefully) improved event.

Thank you all for your support, and I look forward to a fun ride ahead! :wtg:

20th July 2020

Change to Knock-Out Rounds

- Knock-Out Rounds can now start when at least 10 avatars hold a Token rather than when all the shards have been found. This change will spread out the Knock-Out Rounds and make it easier to manage and more interesting to follow.

- A Knock-Out Round will now last for 24 hours rather than 2 hours, and will be tracked via EntropiaLife rather than the in-game HSL system. This change was made as it may be difficult to get 10 people from different parts of the globe to all meet at the same time of the day. This way everyone involved can have a decent shot at winning the event - no matter where in the world they live.

19th July 2020

Event Launched!!

The event 'Red Ped: The Chosen One' has now been launched! :woot:

All retained rewards from the Red Ped Redemption event have now been converted and credited to the relevant accounts.

I've tried very hard to make this event as interesting and as fun as possible, so here's hoping that it brings a little extra buzz into our community of swirlie awesomeness! :LOL:

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reserved for good luck. :woot:

Last edited:
Wow! Another fantastically designed & promoted event! OLA#40 up for grabs, eh??? Now that's a BIG prize!

Love the graphic work and shard idea :love: Looks awesome!

Wow! Another fantastically designed & promoted event! OLA#40 up for grabs, eh??? Now that's a BIG prize!

Love the graphic work and shard idea :love: Looks awesome!

Thank you! :D

As someone who knows what goes into making compelling events, I very much appreciate your comments! :cool:(y)

Dude, you totally changed the entire event after it already started. What's to stop you from changing it again when it suits you? Hard to have faith in an event when it can change at anytime.

Dude, you totally changed the entire event after it already started. What's to stop you from changing it again when it suits you? Hard to have faith in an event when it can change at anytime.

Hi Bruce,

I understand and accept the criticism.

My last event ran for almost a year whilst remaining largely the same (although even that had updates and tweaks to make it better along the way).

As explained above, I had a huge amount of feedback about the event. So I had two options:
  1. Keep the event as is and let it fail
  2. Change the event to try and improve it and make it more what most people wanted
Although changes are big, they have been made very early on in the event (within 3 weeks of the start), and the changes have been overwhelmingly more beneficial to the participants.

Any shards that you have accumulated so far are still worth the same, and so you have lost no value in what you have found so far. You are not out of pocket in any way.

People that know me know I do the best for the participants where I can (hence why I migrated all the loyalty points over from the previous event), and In my quest to try and make compelling events I don't always get it right first time, and so sometimes changes are necessary - especially at the beginning.

Again, I apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Larry

I appreciate your candor and can understand having to change aspects of the event due to overwhelming feedback.

People that know me know I do the best for the participants where I can (hence why I migrated all the loyalty points over from the previous event), and In my quest to try and make compelling events I don't always get it right first time, and so sometimes changes are necessary - especially at the beginning.

This is a very valid point and you're right, much better to make any changes early rather than months down the road.

Best of luck to you and all participants :beerchug:

Back