Suggestion: Reduce Weight of Crafting Components

Should Crafting Components Weight Be Reduced?

• Total voters

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
Problem: With the wide variety of various crafting materials and components, it can be very difficult to keep your storage organized. One method I like to employ is organizing my storage through Pitbulls (a workaround for the current storage problem - but that is a different topic for a different thread). I try to chuck as many crafting components into a pitbull as possible to keep the "prime real estate" of my main storage available for more essential purposes. I run into the problem of weight limitations requiring me to have far more numerous pitbulls than I feel should be necessary.

Solution: Substantially reduce the weight of all crafted components. Divide by 10, divide by 100, or eliminate the weight altogether.

Supporting argument: The ArMatrix blueprint production chain has zero weight on all widgets and gizmos. The same should be applied across the board for all crafting components.

contra argument: anti-grav boxes may become obsolete and vehicle demand get drastically reduced which would devalue or even turn some hunted/mined materials into TT-food.

Last edited:
contra argument: anti-grav boxes may become obsolete and vehicle demand get drastically reduced which would devalue or even turn some hunted/mined materials into TT-food.
Rebuttal: Anti grav boxes do not have the capability to perform the kind of weight reduction I am referring to. I am not talking about reducing a few hundred KG's but rather thousands of KGs. Anti grav boxes are simply impractical for that purpose.
Furthermore, anti grav boxes will always have value for players (myself included) who like to carry every set of armor they own and a wide range of weapons and tools on them at all times.

Solution for now: We need more McCormick Safes on the market... ;)

I disagree, in part. I do not think the weight should be reduced, as it is used as a mechanism to encourage space transport in avoiding large auction transport fees. When items are being transported, they should be heavy. I do however see no reason for them to have weight whilst static in storage. It could simply be that when something is place in storage, its weight becomes irrelevant, and only when you try to move it that it matters.

While i agree the weight of componments is a PITA, it would also affect the transport in space and also the auction house fee for transportation to other planets...which could then be used to bypass space more.

I would suggest allowing modifications to the storage system, it is far outdated and they could make it more useful by having more options such as the ability to make additional tabs and rename those tabs, etc. The overall alloted size of what you can hold doesn't need to change, just the UI of it. Also allow to increase/decrease the storage UI dimensions as we see fit so i don't have to scroll all the way through my storage to find where i put something.

Hell even a filter button where you could type in the name and it only shows that item in your storage would be a start.

So many possibilities, but its a QOL improvement so not sure if they have the resources to allocate to that.

I think the problem is the item count in the storage.
My proposal is to improve standard storage from 500 to 1000 and let us further develop our storage by paid for upgrades of sorts.
we had 500 item limit since the beginning of time (at least as long as I have played. However total different items in the game have multiplied many many times. Even the carried items that we all carry has grown exponentially.

We used to need just 11 items back in 2005 ( main gun, tagger, fap, 6 armor parts), lesser tp chip (add medium for those who could afford one), refiner.

Now we need - main gun, resto chip, fap, tagger, 7 armor parts (and who only has one set of armor now?), 2-3 different tp chips, 1-2 different vehicles, portable repair terminal, portable tt, 2 rings (maybe more so you can switch out for say run-speed vs health or defense), refiner, scanner, vehicle repair tool + welding wire, and then ofc all the pills. which is an enormous amount of different types for different needs. And pets ofc, for those who has useful ones or just like to have company.

In short, I would say - double our storage or just quadruple it please!

index.php

/Soko
(owner of 30 pitbuls and numerous other vehicls, vases, luggage boxes, handbags, pails, jars and so on...)

Last edited:
Now we need - main gun, resto chip, fap, tagger, 7 armor parts (and who only has one set of armor now?), 2-3 different tp chips, 1-2 different vehicles, portable repair terminal, portable tt, 2 rings (maybe more so you can switch out for say run-speed vs health or defense), refiner, scanner, vehicle repair tool + welding wire, and then ofc all the pills. which is an enormous amount of different types for different needs.

that's 20-40 items... the inventory has 200 capacity...

"
In short, I would say - double our inventory and offer further upgrades or just quadruple it please!
"
There are already upgrades... the lux armor luggage i.e. turns up to 14 items (up to 150kg) into a single inventory slot. Lux armor plate case turns 25 items (up to 37kg) into a single slot...

Last edited:
that's 20-40 items... the inventory has 200 capacity...

"
"
There are already upgrades... the lux armor luggage i.e. turns up to 14 items (up to 150kg) into a single inventory slot. Lux armor plate case turns 25 items (up to 37kg) into a single slot...

Sorry my bad, I meant storage not inventory.
Lux armor luggage is not exactly an upgrade, its just a storage compartment. I do use them thou, like them a lot, and wouldnt stop using them if storage would be quadrupled!

Sorry my bad, I meant storage not inventory.

I see... yeah, i feel ya... got so many storage containers myself to store all the items... but that's the issue, if the storage got quadrupled, then i would no longer have any need for those storage containers...

Cyrene got the maze hammers reduced in weight for me... so it's not impossible for this request to be filled.... however, I think aiming it at Mindark instead of each and every Planet Partner first may be what keeps you from getting results. Geat all PPs filing tickets to Mindark and it'll increase your voice since support and Mindark listens to the number of people with an issue not using a lot of other real logic.

Back