Reinvention of Planet Calypso - March through Eudoria

Shadowmage

Stalker
Society
Rising Potentials
Tiger
As First Planet Company finally announced the reinvention of Calypso, that everything will be new and we'll have the chance to discover a complete new world, I thought about something what I would consider as very nice community event.

As we're here together, some longer, some shorter, we hadn't the chance yet to do something like this together as we joined at partly completely different times don't knowing anyone except maybe some friends that told us about Calypso. Many of our comrades left us on our way until here, many joined us.

However, as MA/FPC finally announced the long awaited CryEngine 2 Update, also known as VU 10.0, already giving us so called miniteasers day by day, I think it's also already time to organize this event thus everyone (not just the forum active members, also that it spreads word over those not reading the board here all the time) has the chance to read it and think about it if he/she wants to compete.

The event is about a „community walk“ through „new Eudoria“, means that on the day, one or two hours after implementation of VU 10.0 we'll gather together as community, whereever we get spawned (maybe Port Atlantis, likely), whatever society we are, and explore a part of the continent together walking through the „first real“ sunshine of Calypso, enjoying the new places and celebrating each teleporter and/or city we find out there.

Through I don't know what day and / or time VU 10.0 will be released and servers will be up, ofc, I can't give a date about the „event“ yet, as already said, this should be just a pre-announcement that everyone knows that it exists and can think about it if he/she wants do discover all of new-Calypso at his own hand or just in circle of his friends and/or society, or if he/she wants to discover a little part of the world as united group of players from all over Calypso :)

(P.S.: Because I got a bit of critism message about it, planning such an event I assume MindArk/FPC that they got new servers for VU 10.0 and that server stability will be able to handle such an „event“)

If you're interested in participating (planning reasons), please sign up here :)

this would be a small stress test for VU10 ofc, but shouldn't the child learn to walk before it can ride the bicyle :scratch2:

Nice idea for a event I am in unless I forget about this. (hope not but I never know)

Back