Release Delayed

So... this is going to be a bugless release....:ahh:

As much as I wish this is true, I don't think it will be. But we can always hope.... right?

"I regret to inform you that the upcoming release has been delayed once more."

also means

"I regret to inform you that the upcoming bugs to be released have been delayed once more."

We want melee amps!!!!!!!!!!!!

We want to be able to play ????

The unsuspected bug was that there were no bugs in the update...

I think MA and the PPs need to get out of the habit of these epic releases and simply release updates and fixes one thing at a time, as its completed. Lots of small patches instead of these big ones. That way all the other completed things in the update aren't waiting on the one or two things that have bugs.

I think MA and the PPs need to get out of the habit of these epic releases and simply release updates and fixes one thing at a time, as its completed. Lots of small patches instead of these big ones. That way all the other completed things in the update aren't waiting on the one or two things that have bugs.

The problem is that before each release, all the materials has to be gone through, double-checked, and tons of other stuff... More releases (even if smaller) means more work, meaning they either would have to hire more people or cut down on other time demanding things :dunno:

i know that we are not allowed to talk about other games, but there are a game based on the star wars universe b4 the movies. They send out updates close to every tuesday, mostly are bug fixes. i have to say it works great.

for the record, i'm not surprised about info kim :(

P.S. the game is not mentioned.

It will not be bug free, never is never will be. The structural upgrade was meant to make updating the game easier. So why cant they release small bug fixes on a weekly basis? That would make a lot of sense to me. MA cannot handle big releases

Rgds

Ace

It will not be bug free, never is never will be. The structural upgrade was meant to make updating the game easier. So why cant they release small bug fixes on a weekly basis? That would make a lot of sense to me. MA cannot handle big releases

Rgds

Ace

That could waste a lot of time and manpower. For example say a small update was made. Now to release it they probably have to do various checks, tests, maybe even lots of paperwork. Doing all that kabodle for a very small update would slow down progress even more than it is.

There is probably an optimal point where size of update and various small bits can be batched and tested all together. Therefore saving time and effort.

If someone who has worked in software testing, they could probably provide more input for us "laymen"...

The structural upgrade was meant to make updating the game easier

If I understood correctly, it will be the distribution method which was / will be improved - aka maybe no shutdowns, or less shutdown time, making them to dish out a release easier.

They will still struggle creating the update itself though. But yeah, smaller and more frequent updates targeting existing bugs or even small content updates will be desirable. I do not think it will increase their work load, just the accuracy.

Better working on 1-2 things at once and finish them than starting 20 things, abandon 15, and do a sloppy job on 5.

@ Kim can you please give us (me) a little technical detail please? I'm playing with all settings on safe mode for 1 year now and definitely saw an improvement in texture quality of mobs and terrain since last update. Did the safe mode settings were upped a bit, or it was a texture optimization? Thanks.

I regret to inform you that the upcoming release has been delayed once more. This is due to some additional bugs being discovered late in the test phase.

The release is now scheduled for November 5.

I am glad you caught these delays BEFORE the release.

Release Decayed

Back