The House - Of The Dark Legion
Cassandra Red Savage
Looks like they broke the game...

Legends

Stalker
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
MindArk! Can u please give us something to read while we wait!?!?!

pechunter

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Lamia Majora Pechunter
Today's release of Entropia Universe 17.3.0 is taking longer than expected

I`ts right there in the title: 17.30 CET

Happydust

Young
Society
Just For Fun
Ulf Happydust Knotter
Why don't they post the releasenotes during the downtime so we read up on what to expect?

Happydust

Young
Society
Just For Fun
Ulf Happydust Knotter
Because if they can't fix it, they will have to cancel/postpone the VU.
If we already know what is going to happen, many here will manipulate the market to their advantage.
What if they would have to revert and postpone the VU entirely, while already have revealed some beneficial future info?
fair enough =)

Evey

Stalker
Society
ROUA
Evey Eve Everglades
if it helps imagine stuff being thorougly tested and not some delivery guy missed the address where to deliver the hamsters

NIckki

Provider
I hope everything will work out soon on the forum there are no places where you can have a good fun

jetsina

Stalker
wow - 58 people waiting and viewing this - maybe a new statistic for number of active players? ;)

Mitchymoo

Provider
Society
Dark Knights - Apprentices
Mitchy Sir Moo
wow - 58 people waiting and viewing this - maybe a new statistic for number of active players? ;)
Let's hope so! Although, I read somewhere lately that we had about 58k players in the universe. Not sure if that's more or less what it was a year ago?

mspatterson

Old Alpha
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Count Sinner Gism
maybe theyre addressing issues moving the caly planet entry from pvp1(pa mall) to pvp4 by mistake =p

slupor

Stalker
Society
Project -X-
slupor slupor slupor
Come on MindArk, communicate at least a time for when you can state a time for when the servers are up again.

Raffaele Meiers

Stalker
Society
Trigger Happy
Rafaele Meiersos Rocko
if it helps imagine stuff being thorougly tested and not some delivery guy missed the address where to deliver the hamsters
Do you really think they test the VU after installation? Even MA can't be that bad.

But they will work like hell until they have removed the iron missions today. It is the most important Date for MA, this VU they do not want to postpone it has to be today!

Other bugs can wait for years to not be corrected and subsequently be changed into feature, like lag or mobs that can hit you while you are unable to do anything etc.

Jas

Alpha
Society
Shaolin
Jar Jasis Sismondi
Few thoughts since I (and I suspect many others here) have some experience in these kinds of production upgrades.

Typically, these types of upgrades involve a rehearsal of the entire process in a pre-production environment. This is to validate the steps and testing required (upgrade, regression tests, functional tests, performance tests, rollback (if needed)) and also the expected duration for each of steps when running the change in the production environment. If something is failing in production - as seems to be the case now - then there will an allotted period of time to try and solve the issue and stay on the new release. If this fix period expires, then typically a rollback to the old version will be needed (and all the testing to make sure the rollback was successful). In my experience doing this kind of activity, failures in production upgrades often come down to a mis-match between pre-production and production environments which results in failure conditions in the production upgrade which either weren't or couldn't be tested in pre-prod.

My 2 pecs

mspatterson

Old Alpha
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Count Sinner Gism
why u gottabe so complicated omg.. they fckd up.. simple =p