Release is Taking Longer than Expected

Still down :) (Just for info)

Looks like they broke the game...

MindArk! Can u please give us something to read while we wait!?!?!

Today's release of Entropia Universe 17.3.0 is taking longer than expected

I`ts right there in the title: 17.30 CET

Why don't they post the releasenotes during the downtime so we read up on what to expect?

Because if they can't fix it, they will have to cancel/postpone the VU.
If we already know what is going to happen, many here will manipulate the market to their advantage.
What if they would have to revert and postpone the VU entirely, while already have revealed some beneficial future info?

fair enough =)

if it helps imagine stuff being thorougly tested and not some delivery guy missed the address where to deliver the hamsters

I hope everything will work out soon on the forum there are no places where you can have a good fun

wow - 58 people waiting and viewing this - maybe a new statistic for number of active players? ;)

wow - 58 people waiting and viewing this - maybe a new statistic for number of active players? ;)

Let's hope so! Although, I read somewhere lately that we had about 58k players in the universe. Not sure if that's more or less what it was a year ago?

maybe theyre addressing issues moving the caly planet entry from pvp1(pa mall) to pvp4 by mistake =p

Come on MindArk, communicate at least a time for when you can state a time for when the servers are up again.

if it helps imagine stuff being thorougly tested and not some delivery guy missed the address where to deliver the hamsters

Do you really think they test the VU after installation? Even MA can't be that bad.

But they will work like hell until they have removed the iron missions today. It is the most important Date for MA, this VU they do not want to postpone it has to be today!

Other bugs can wait for years to not be corrected and subsequently be changed into feature, like lag or mobs that can hit you while you are unable to do anything etc.

Few thoughts since I (and I suspect many others here) have some experience in these kinds of production upgrades.

Typically, these types of upgrades involve a rehearsal of the entire process in a pre-production environment. This is to validate the steps and testing required (upgrade, regression tests, functional tests, performance tests, rollback (if needed)) and also the expected duration for each of steps when running the change in the production environment. If something is failing in production - as seems to be the case now - then there will an allotted period of time to try and solve the issue and stay on the new release. If this fix period expires, then typically a rollback to the old version will be needed (and all the testing to make sure the rollback was successful). In my experience doing this kind of activity, failures in production upgrades often come down to a mis-match between pre-production and production environments which results in failure conditions in the production upgrade which either weren't or couldn't be tested in pre-prod.

My 2 pecs

why u gottabe so complicated omg.. they fckd up.. simple =p

Back