Question: Reload increase for harvesting trees? Worth it?

Venture Bros

Elite
Banned
Society
Death Lords
Thaddeus Rusty Venture
Is it worth getting reload boost stuff like the ring and thorifoid hat for harvesting trees? Will I get more per tree?

I notice that level 1 trees have a set timer, or at least so much material you can't pull it all out. I've even had 3 people harvesting 1 tree and it still lasted about the 20 seconds or so.

But with level 3 trees, sometimes you get just 1 or 2 pulls, so I am not sure...

Is it beneficial to have it? Will I get the same amount of materials from level 2 and 3 trees with or without? Or does it just save me time and let me go through all the trees faster?

Don't know if it is worth it, but an acceleration ring for 20% would be better.
Running between trees is quicker = more time for cutting.

L1 to L3 trees have a time for harvesting, its about 20 seconds - somewhat less I think.
I only harvest L2 & L3 trees - I have a PH3 & its not worth the decay to harvest L1s.

Because of this limited time, it pays to get into position & only then start harvesting.
While its true that L3s only last a short time & you can only get one or two planks, sometimes you can get more - a lot more even.

I don't know if this is just like random loot mobs can drop - you get lucky, or, the longer a tree has not been harvested the more timber it gives,

It would be interesting to find out if reload increase works foe harvesting

I seem to recall that reload buffs did not work for mining, and I would also assume for harvesting too. This was awhile ago now. I'm not sure if that has changed, but I'd double check that someone has tested that it does before investing in anything.

There is a max quantity of pulls , you can get less but not more than the max which I believe is set at 8. The 20 second timer can also cut into the pulls if you don't start soon enough.

After getting 13% speed boost, I can confirm I have pulled 9 times on some trees and that it makes the process faster even though the info on the weapon still says 22/22 uses per minute.

Harvest speed went from about 2.8 to 2.5 seconds. This not only increases the amount of resources you get per tree, but decreases the amount of time it takes to get them out of each tree (level 2 or 3 that have a limited amount of TT of wood AND a timer, whereas most level 1 trees have an unlimited amount of wood and a timer).

Thus you save time on level 2 and 3 trees (unless you're lucky and they have a TT amount of wood that is impossible high and you get to use the whole timer) and get more out of level 1's.

Last edited:
Back