Removal of Iron Challenges

Since I know people are passionate about this subject, I have tried to be a bit more forgiving with the moderation, but I still feel that I need to point out that insults/flaming is not acceptable on this forum, and personal disputes have no place here.

Please keep the discussion civil and on topic, or I will have to start removing more posts and potentially hand out temp bans, which I really do not want to if it can be avoided.
Thanks Ludvig, and for my part i apologize.
I Felt like I was on an island yesterday for trying to speak up, and was being personally attacked over and over by some pretty recognizable players.
So yeah at some point I had to defend myself from personal attacks which were inaccurate (mostly about my game knowledge to which I have plenty as do many others that have been here a long long time and also read the forum constantly)

That said, you took out the hitchikers quote! Lol

Nighthawk, go tell MA they are still planning to blow up Earth for a super highway :)

Gritsn, Evey, I appreciate your more candid comments about your own situations with the missions. And I do respect everyone's opinion.

No hard feelings on my part.
(Except MA's decision to remove missions again of course :p still meant everything i said about that)

MA, this is a bad move...

Taking out some of the little create in the game that makes the game more interesting and fun... The codex is just a grind, no story line no plot just pure grind for profit or belief of profit in skills.

The rex, treask, lav' mission chains have a story line to them! it's not just a grind... some of us have been trying to get to the end of the story line now you remove them??? Even if there was no end, it at least had the feel or dream of getting farther and farther, not just a grind.

Removing these missions is just dumbing down the game and removing some of the little create in the game that makes it more fun.

Why not add more mission chains with more fun? Would be awesome to have a Spider mission chain similar, hunting for yet more spider venom for use in some end of the chain where it can be used to make something, or anything creative!

We need MORE story and interesting things in the game NOT less...

When will we get another instance based area like Calypso Depths???? MORE CREATE NOT LESS PLEASE!!!!!

**** Rant over ****

here's the only missions that i have some progress on them but i have no time to finish

index.php

1) 2881/10k Bronze Kreltin
2) 950/10k Bronze Merp
3) 715/5k Daspletor
4) 6182/30k Ossecollum
5) 12133/30k Prancer

i have also these two missions i'm gonna complete soon:
1) 9165/10k Warriors
2) 4549/10k Droka

Last edited:
:eyecrazy: Holy crap.

Mindark allowed everyone to double dip on skill bonuses for an entire year, warned us at the beginning that it was temporary...

and still some folks complain about it being unfair and point at technicalities.

Yeah yeah, we've all got tons of missions that we won't finish before the time limit is up. Get over it.

Hey Mindark: Thanks for allowing us a long time to do these dual skill building bonuses for so long. I appreciated it, even if I couldn't benefit from it as much as I wanted to.

Yeah yeah, we've all got tons of missions that we won't finish before the time limit is up. Get over it.
This is the only part of what you said thats important.

JC im kind of surprised to hear that coming from you, as a moderator on this forum for so long, i would have thought you would see the integrity issues here.
There are large of issues of they should never have even thought to implement a new feature in this way that we all stand to lose thousands upon thousands of accredited mission kills.
There are problems with the timeline and communication as well, as we are actually not getting a full year and it turns out some people had a hard date before others.
But we are all supposed to be ok with this.
And we are getting attacked by fellow community members for actually caring.
None of us objecting care about the double skills, i never asked for that.
I really like the new codex, got no problems with that.
Do have problems with EVERYONE losing work and time as well as the fact that thisnt over yet, were set to get dragged across this double skilling mess for another year or more.

the fact that thisnt over yet, were set to get dragged across this double skilling mess for another year or more.
hmm, what do you mean by another year or more?
the double skills ends as of the release tomorrow if I understand correctly (besides the 3 mentioned chains)

Since I know people are passionate about this subject, I have tried to be a bit more forgiving with the moderation, but I still feel that I need to point out that insults/flaming is not acceptable on this forum, and personal disputes have no place here.

Please keep the discussion civil and on topic, or I will have to start removing more posts and potentially hand out temp bans, which I really do not want to if it can be avoided.

How about taking part in the discussions you started yourselve? Or do MindArk have to first get a new Communication Manager who is capable of posting more than once a month here in your forum?

If removal of Iron Missions not cures the lags and stuttering, mobs can attack you while you cant even change to fap etc., as you said it will and reasoned that this is the real reason why you remove Iron Missions, will you reintroduce them as it was not the source of the lag we have?

How about correct all the other bugs we have in game and could be easy corrected by a programmer?
  1. F.X. Auction sell window allways is placed at default location and not where you left it.
  2. Health bar of your Vehicle which allways is placed at a default location even though you have another icon or window there.
  3. If you click on "Create item set: Armor" after you give the set a name it switches to Default Action Set(the * page) and you can only place the Icon there, When they introduced these it would not switch to Default Action Set, as it should be. So now you have to open the the "Edit Panel" interface, as it goes to default you have to change to the Action set you want to place the Icon and then click on "Create item set: Armor" so that you can place it on the page you want it.
  4. Correct the new all can be done with one key while hunting to correctly go trough mobs on radar and not letting it switch randomly between certain mobs and forget others to suddenly also switch to them. A function which was flawless befor MA decided to "improve" it and even had the feature to go back through the list when you once clicked to much on select next mob.
Etc.
ETC.
etc.

You can see, Ludwig, there is a lot you could do to please the users of your service, beside more communication than one post a month, or never ever finish one of your started changes. The first time you do this and even on the timeframe you posted is this time, the removal of iron missions. What a achievement. Not! I as a longime user of your service hoped that you would stick to your usual work ethic and abadone the rest of a project half way trough implementation.

Ok, let me try and understand/compare your example. My calculation is that the linear progression reward is 0.5% of turnover for group 1, or 25 peds for 5000 peds turnover.
Linearly, to get 2750 ped tt bonus skill group 1 I'd expect a turnover of 550k peds and a tt loss of maybe hopefully 'only' 27.5k peds going towards MA. If you get that in 20 days, you are cycling 27kpeds a day, which is pretty hard core, although not up with afk-ing EP4 ...

I would assume MA can still easily afford that level of extra skills tt payout if they wish. They don't need to successively lower it more and more on an obviously pretty high turnover.

If you are already down to an average of below a quarter of that bonus for repeatables, and even less for each new repeat you do, then that bonus really has become minute for you by now. Like I said, for me it's a massive disincentive to attempt to get into repeatable territory on a mob I like, as I'd then feel 'depressed' by the worsening factors. If MA were to come out and say that the bonus from now on will be a straight half of the progression up to the renewables point, then I might massively increase my cycling and be a super-cycler too. As things stand, I'm not.

If you are cycling on a mob to go after repeatables, I would argue you are not hunting for success. Focusing on the 10% step up on the repeatable, is appropriate. Personally, I think 10% is generous. Arkadia had repeatables that didn't scale but they were a lot of kills with a time lockout.

How about taking part in the discussions you started yourselve? Or do MindArk have to first get a new Communication Manager who is capable of posting more than once a month here in your forum?

If removal of Iron Missions not cures the lags and stuttering, mobs can attack you while you cant even change to fap etc., as you said it will and reasoned that this is the real reason why you remove Iron Missions, will you reintroduce them as it was not the source of the lag we have?

[Not on topic stuff]

[Passive aggressive stuff]

This is not on topic. I will point out that you already have the iron missions rearchitected. THE ******* CODEX. :hammer:

JC im kind of surprised to hear that coming from you, as a moderator on this forum for so long, i would have thought you would see the integrity issues here.
Being a forum mod has nothing to do with this.
They told us the old missions were going away and gave us lots of time to finish as much as possible. We all knew not all missions would be completed in time. It's just too bad. I have TONS of missions I haven't finished and frankly, couldn't even if I had 5 more years.
Now the time has come for those to end and folks are mad.

I don't get it.

I read this on the front page and I was encouraged that they are planning on expanding the role of the Codex!
They will retroactively give us attribute rewards.

The Codex will now be the main hub for all hunting challenges and rewards. Future expansions of the Codex are planned to include (retroactive) attribute rewards similar to what was available in the deprecated Iron Challenges.

What would be cool is adding trophys to a repeat level.
I love getting heads from Mobs!!!

Still will not replace the loss of interactive NPCs and Missions.
I am hoping that this is maybe a precursor to adding voice to the game for some intelligent NPCs with toungs and Vocal Chords to Appear!
I used to love some of the Voices in EQII "NO WE DON'T SELL LIQUIDIZED MEAT!!" Rofl..
When you got to high level they cowered or looked away.

Prove us wrong and make something kick ass for us!

I will never understand that people really believe they are getting the Codex rewards for free.
Mission rewards for Irons were also not free, one did just not notice them that much because getting 150PED Skill distributed on 10k mobs is not very noticable. Did enough Iron/Bronze/Silver/Gold to notice how expenses went up.
One has no option to not participate in the codex and in my opinion it costs almost exactly the same as chipping in from AH.
Only benefit is, MA takes more decay from people skilling a bit faster.
But after a certain level those 30 PED rewards are not comparable to what you get when you cycle 15k a day.
They would give me around get me from roughly level 85.1 to 85.15 ? maybe 5 skill points?

Please fix the web shop.
If you still got some time remember to turn off the leviathan mission
unknown.png

Please fix the web shop.
If you still got some time remember to turn off the leviathan mission
unknown.png

Why? It is not a Iron Misssion like MA stated and BTW also Rextelum and Treaeskeron Missions are still open.

I'm not sure we wanted the total removal of all traces also from the completed missions log, as if they never were.

• The Apprentice Leviathan Fighter
  • The Apprentice Rextelum Fighter
  • The Apprentice Traeskeron Fighter

During the one-year grace period, scoring kills on those creatures will provide progress for those missions as well as for the Codex. Mission stages already in progress will be able to be completed during the grace period, but subsequent mission stages will not be able to be started (as was done for Iron Challenges).

Why? It is not a Iron Misssion like MA stated and BTW also Rextelum and Treaeskeron Missions are still open.

Just going to point out that the apprentice rextelum fighter is a step in the chain that unlocks access to Hepaestus. I doubt it will go away until the powers that be remake that chain - I just don't see removing the Hussk from this game.

My primary gripe about the removal of iron missions was, I went out of my way to push forward selectively on the specific iron mission chains that ended in rewards of interest to me. That was play. Now, that progress I achieved in those chains is simply discarded before I could get anywhere near the stages I chose those chains for. This way of handling them punishes strategic play.
I'm glad to hear that some attributes of some sort will be worked into Codex, but in the future I'll not be so eager to work at a mission for the sake of unlocking its sequel.

I specifically postponed Cyclops Depths until I could devote my entire playtime to it and experience its story uninterrupted...

gonna warp up last part of Levis today and head "to the stars".
Codex becomes more and more pointless, no real feeling of an archievement there and the return rates are getting worse the higher I get.
Rather have a few more Irons on some other planet as long as possible...
Some may say pointless, but at least one knows how much to kill for it and it gets listed as archievement.

Just going to point out that the apprentice rextelum fighter is a step in the chain that unlocks access to Hepaestus. I doubt it will go away until the powers that be remake that chain - I just don't see removing the Hussk from this game.

The Apprentice Rextelum Fighter isn't a required mission to unlock Hephaistos.

You have to kill Sabakuma, Aetherex and Rextelum - mission chain info here:

gonna warp up last part of Levis today and head "to the stars".
Codex becomes more and more pointless, no real feeling of an archievement there and the return rates are getting worse the higher I get.
Rather have a few more Irons on some other planet as long as possible...
Some may say pointless, but at least one knows how much to kill for it and it gets listed as archievement.

Awwe man come on bud. We got this so roll with it :) 10K puny, 10k daikiba yea been there done that. Once they add attributed all will balance out. I have viewed your post for a while, I know you love the game, just relax friend... change is change and we can all end up connecting on the same vibe. It will all be ok once everything is in place :)

Soo, I found an old Leviathan hunter mission that was hidden in my mission log, decided I would complete it, it still worked, and got given the next mission, cool! I thought these missions were meant to be removed? Am I misinterpreting the statement? Did Mindark forget?

Soo, I found an old Leviathan hunter mission that was hidden in my mission log, decided I would complete it, it still worked, and got given the next mission, cool! I thought these missions were meant to be removed? Am I misinterpreting the statement? Did Mindark forget?
Levi , rex and one more mission was not from mission terminal and didn't had "Iron" in the mission name so these missions slipped from removal.

Back