remove self from mothership? Owners should be concerned.

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
Ive had enough of paying fees to get back to planet because the summon window pops up in the middle of the game.

Only problem, is that I cannot find a way to remove myself.

I do know about the onboard method, but that kicks you off I believe?

And I would not rather be kicked out with not enough ped and loot on me, because when I do actually plan on traveling, I am prepared to do so, without stackables!

....and not in the middle of crafting or hunting!

Its ridiculous.

So how do I remove myself from these lists, without waiting for the owner to log in ect?

Id rather spend the hours flying in my quad to all the planets than pay 70 ped a month in accident fees + warp fees.

Sucks for the owners IMO, I would be glad to continue to fly with many owners, but wont now since I cannot stand how completely ridiculous that window is and the lack of options to control it, especially when it costs ped.

thanks in advance for the question,

rant off.

Does it have to be on MS owner that removes you from list or can any MS crew member do it?
The last/only time I flew on a MS/Privateer it was one of the crew members and not the pilot or owner that put me on the list and summoned me.

Ask the person summoning you to remove you from the list.

Does it have to be on MS owner that removes you from list or can any MS crew member do it?
The last/only time I flew on a MS/Privateer it was one of the crew members and not the pilot or owner that put me on the list and summoned me.

Ask the person summoning you to remove you from the list.

Only owner can add and remove persons from guest list. (Besides the onboard option. I heard though that removing yourself now will not kick you from the ship straight away. You need to leave manually).

Removing people sucks for the owner too since finding a person in a 500 person list can take a while. So yes MA... PLEASE fix it so that people do not click 'yes' to summon in error!

/Sbi

I posted the following in the other thread about public access rights and the risk of public revives already but in my opinion this would be a great general solution as well (see point number 3):
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1. If dying in space and a mobile public revive is closest revive people should be offered a choice if they want to revive on the mothership or on the closest spacestation/spacestation they last were on (however its decided to be balanced).
2. There should be an ms owner manageable list of people who will not be allowed onboard even with public access enabled.
3. There should be a restriction list for each avatar to disable specific public mobile revives or all of them at once, this should also be checked if such an avatar would be added to one ships guestlist. The personal restriction list should always come first in check. Standard setting for new avatars should be all public mobile revives disabled until one manually enables such a revive or enters the respective mothership first time and is prompted with a checkbox if he wants to enable this public mobile revive for his avatar.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If each avatar had such a restriction list and could turn off revives & summons when he doesnt want them, there would be no issues even if he was on some ship guestlists.

You can be removed from a mothership or privateer guest list in 2 ways:

1) In the mothership there is a guest list terminal. You can remove yourself from there. Be warned when you do you'll be in space outside the ship. After few seconds you'll die and revive in nearest revive terminal.

The guest list terminal in ms can be found directly behind the mech on the wall. Next to the guest list is also a trade terminal which is also on the wall.

2) Add owner to friends list. Send them a pm to have you removed from ship.

You are quite right though the pop up window is a big nuisance. In fact such a big nuisance MA I think should disable all ms and privateers until it's fixed imho.

So how do I remove myself from these lists, without waiting for the owner to log in ect?

Just remove yourself from the guest list on board whilst its docked at a space station and you will be in safe zone.

Ant

Thanks for the replies. I am aware of the in-ship option, my concern there was:

Where do you go once removed from the list? Kicked to another MS, the SS, space?

When on the MS in question, with stackables and not enough PED, I do not want to find out that answer.

Lets say kick myself, I re-spawn at another MS who leaves station at that time, probably wont happen, but on so many lists, it could? What if the closest one is in training grounds? Is it a risk of going there?

Once I actually am in space without loot I will go right to the ship and do so.

Of course I could always just ask the owners directly, but I can only imagine how much of a pain that is for them, and honestly, I forget who owns what (there are more than just MS to warp at specific times).

It is silly how there is no option other than those two options it sounds like:

1. Bother a MS owner to take more time to add/remove people as a result of this, IF they are online.

2. Either take the risk by unintentionally entering a ship with unwanted stackables,
or take the time to go to the ship itself, if its docked where you happen to be when traveling.

Both are a heavy burden each party. For the sole purpose of removing a popup window.

Thanks for the replies, I will go up and try to remove myself as I see ships in space(my luck some other planet), when I don't have to worry about some bug or revival error or unintentionally being put far too close to a lootable PVP environment.

Then I will go back to the owners every time I need to warp and ask them to re-add me, because we all know they have nothing to do, so I may as well ask them to remove me after too.

I am sure that cannot be part of the thrill of owning a MS.

Ive been on some lists over a year now, done great business, helped with piloting and repairing, really enjoy the ships and their owners.

Its silly that I need to go through so much to remove myself because of excessive unwanted fees via popup window.

Last edited:
You can be removed from a mothership or privateer guest list in 2 ways:

1) In the mothership there is a guest list terminal. You can remove yourself from there. Be warned when you do you'll be in space outside the ship. After few seconds you'll die and revive in nearest revive terminal.

This is no longer strictly true. After the recent VU, if the ship you are on has Public Access and you remove yourself from the GL you will stay on the ship. The removal will happen though.

While there is no better solutation in place, let me say this: Just dont bother traveling with spacecraft owners who are to lazy to manage their guestlists properly.
On my own ships i very much look after each single customer and make sure they have a good flight experience before, at and after the flight - there is options to either stay on the list or only join in for specific flights.
It just takes a pm to let me know to add or remove someone and as long as someone is used to manage his guestlist this can be done relatively quick.
If summons annoy you then just tell the owner to remove you.
Some owners just keep as many passengers as possible on their lists to hopefully catch some paying ones inbetween while not considering that they annoy probably hundreds of others.

FYI.
When I first took possenssion of the Bismarck I learnt very quicly that if someone came on the ship and decided not top pay there was little I could do about it. Even if someone was kicked from the guest list, if they logged out they were not removed from the ship until they were fully logged back in. ie: Their safe "Untouchable" bubble disappeared. This bubble allowed people time to check where they were and log back out again if they were not where they wanted to be. I tested this at the time as I had one person scam me doing this.

It seemed a lot easier and simpler to expect 5000+ people trust me and the EFA Service and Reputation than have me trust 5000+ people and force a huge amount of micro-management upon myself and others. This is why Payment is usually taken before summonning with EFA.

Since the latest update:
If you remove someone from the guest list or they remove themself, they are not kicked from the ship until they leave or they log out and log back in.. This requires further testing as yet tu understand it fully.

When someone kickes themself from the guest list the screen fades and then restes but they are still standing on the ship. When they relog they are standing in space. Prior to relogging they are able to wander around the ship do anything they want, spawn their quad and leave of their own free will. Once they have left the ship, by free will or relogging, they are denied access back to the ship.

A simple sollution to the surrent problem and it is a big problem, is to have a secondary check box appear when accepting a summons "Are you sure you wish to accept this summons by "Tommy Gobbler" ?"

My suggestion is to swamp support with complaints and requests to have this problem corrected. Every time you addicently accept a summons because of the positioning of the summons window. Request a refund for the cost of once again have to go back to the planet.

Perhaps this suggestion will get me reprimanded, but it is one that I fully suppost and believe the problem needs seious attention.

Someday we might have transporters irl?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/19/us-science-nobel-predictions-idUSBRE88I06F20120919

Those "beam me ups" can be dangerous...
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Transporter_accident#Transporter_accidents

MA out to implement better protocols. Perhaps the 'beam me up' command could be made to only be requested by those wanting to hitch a ride in space, and the transmission to 'beam me up' could only be received by the ship if the ship is in orbit around the planet that the request is being made from.. so the ship will be receiving the calls and then responding instead of making the requests?... Captains of the ships still could use normal fl to make chat requests to anyone as normal if they want to inform people that they are in orbit and want to pick up more people before continuing the journey.

Maybe for each ship you are on a guest list to you can get some icon that you can enable or disable, sort of similar to friend list/team name bars, and the ship will only light up if it's in orbit, and from that you can make request to 'beam me up'?... that way it's all stuff the participant controls in the gui and can turn on or off.

Back