Suggestion: Remove the map

ProActive Mango

Stalker
Remove the map.
Add new item that will draw a map of places your avatar has explored, rest should be black.
This device should decay everytime you use it. (press m)

This makes exploring a thing and perhaps you can sell maps on auctionhouse.
Add lookout towers that reveals a big part of the map for some peds.

Many years ago you started with a blank map and had to explore the world all the way. It was an improvement to see the whole thing from the start.

I mean e.g, you won't be able to put waypoints into a blank area.

Is the game not blank for new comers?
Half the fun was doing tp runs and discovering the land areas

Reactions: Mac
Map is still blank as new, he's talking about BLACK though..

Bro this ain't Age Of Empires, this is Entropia! :p
New players already have to explore whole map to gather teleporters. Back in the old days there was no vehicles so you had to run or use tp chip to gather the teleporters. To this day I remember how fun it was to do organized tp runs!
A newbie mission where you have to unlock a certain amount of teleporters or walk a certain amount of distance in order to be able to use flying vehicles. But, this would only be fun for newbies tho maybe not even fun for some, these days people are lazy and want quick fast instant access to content.

Remove the map.
Add new item that will draw a map of places your avatar has explored, rest should be black.
This device should decay everytime you use it. (press m)

This makes exploring a thing and perhaps you can sell maps on auctionhouse.
Add lookout towers that reveals a big part of the map for some peds.
what the fuck :D :D :D

Yeah I love random decay for no reason.

Also I think it’s unfair that our Items remain in pristine condition when stuck in storage, this isn’t realistic, all items should decay 10% of their max TT per month.

Serious post:
Blank maps? Cool idea.
Tradeable maps? Sounds good.
Decay? No thanks.

Last edited:
We should be able to move exclusively with teleport chips, that way all movement has decay and is properly tracked on the blockchain

We should be able to move exclusively with teleport chips, that way all movement has decay and is properly tracked on the blockchain
Really though, the game would run as is. The only relation to blockchain would be the currency as well as sale of NFTs depositable ingame. Read/write directly to the blockchain isn't viable. Too slow, too hard to scale.

I do like OPs suggestion. The game needs to give us back the frontier feeling. Some Fog of War on the map would be cool. But then we'd need a whole new map interface in which we could customize the map layout by adding markers where certain spawns are etc. (In practice: be able to make our own map layers). Map layers could be sellable. Who wouldn't buy a map layer with all the mob spawns, say, or where all cuttable trees were, or MINING maps. MA could be smart about this: blueprint: empty map layer. (or lootable). We'd need map making tools. Custom maps would need to display info by maker. The best map makers would flourish.

Last edited:
Honestly, the idea of fog of war is cool, that part i like, but you lost me at decay ngl

eksdee

I think we should be able to draw up map layers with POIs and written notes attachable. Make them tradeable, sure, and have slots for them.
Heck, we don't even know if we'll be keeping the coordinate system in the new game... for a game stating exploration will be important I sure hope MA pay attention to this.

No.

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
I promise you... exploring is very much "a thing". It's basically all I do.

index.php

Back