Do you agree with such a change?

• Total voters

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
index.php

Remove this bar and default the results to quantity. It has no real use ingame...
It's a big enemy to the player retention.

What are your thoughts?

Why I think it would be win-win: lower volatility would result in more clicks for those that want to gamble. More clicks => more fun for the individual, same buck would last a lot longer, frustration levels could decrease significantly and also more revenue to MA from the fact that the fee is applied on each click, versus the loss going to a pool that is not direct revenue, if what we know about this is true...

Last edited:
Keep it as it is. its a source Devs getting paid :D

change it so it is a volume of input materials. E.g. condition returns full to item but uses more mats, no more residue. So for say 1k ped mats you could click 1k times on quantity. but on quality 100 times. Hope that makes sense. It’s Xmas and I’m f%$king tired.

Remove this bar and default the results to quantity. It has no real use ingame...

It has a purpose... condition is for gamblers... quantity for non-gamblers...
if it gets removed then the gamblers gonna cry for more volatility so they can global/hof more often and then the game would suck even more for non-gamblers...

so it's a big fat nope.

if it gets removed then the gamblers gonna cry for more volatility so they can global/hof more often and then the game would suck even more for non-gamblers...

so it's a big fat nope.
Since gambling isn't allowed in this game it should be removed

It for sure have purposes, already mentioned reason but also when you figure out how to do the math you can at least
get close to where it really should be. Increased my (annoying) return to something decent, still loss though by doing so.
I don't mind if they remove it and put a number input box instead with possibility to 1/100 se we *finally* can get a more
exact value. ;)

Voted no. It most definitely does have a use in game, multiple uses even. Though I personally don't make much use of these, others do, which is what choice is all about.
Yes, it could be made 'friendlier' to use, but given the 'factors' we are used to, this is better left untouched!

Negative it keeps MA from Bankrupt
I actually disagree with this.
Why I think it would be win-win: lower volatility would result in more clicks for those that want to gamble. More clicks => more fun for the individual, same buck would last a lot longer, frustration levels could decrease significantly and also more revenue to MA from the fact that the fee is applied on each click, versus the loss going to a pool that is not direct revenue, if what we know about this is true, isn't this this right?

In my newbie crafting experience, I figured the condition bar was for those that are making tools and weapons. With the bar set all the way to quantity, I've found that I only get a full TT value weapon or tool if I global. For those that craft and sell tools, weapons, armor, etc. on the AH, the condition setting is probably crucial. I don't crunch the numbers, but I would have to say keep the bar.

Why I think it would be win-win: lower volatility would result in more clicks for those that want to gamble.

No... people cry about not getting globals/hofs every day anymore and that very small stuff won't give ATH or 5-Digits... and then they cry for an increase in volatility, so that even EP1 can give 4-digit hofs...

We had that BS happen already before loot 2.0 and it got us loot 2.0 with it's drastically increased volatility....

Last edited:
Yes it has purpose.
On certain BPs, if I don't really want the items, but want my loot to more residue, I slide up toward condition.

That bar simply can't be removed as it represents one of the core mechanics of the game and it can be applied to every other profession in EU. For comparison, the vast majority of new players hunt with the bar pushed to the far right and plenty of the rest hunt to the right of the centre. Everybody plays as they think is right for them.

The bar has nothing to do with gambling as it's just another variable in a formula that calculates the loot.

In my newbie crafting experience, I figured the condition bar was for those that are making tools and weapons. With the bar set all the way to quantity, I've found that I only get a full TT value weapon or tool if I global. For those that craft and sell tools, weapons, armor, etc. on the AH, the condition setting is probably crucial. I don't crunch the numbers, but I would have to say keep the bar.

That's what residue is for, it is used to fill up the TT value for those crafts that would otherwise produce an item under full TT. The condition slider is not needed for this in any way.

NO
It's very important bar. Allows you to optimize input MU by adjusting the proportion of returned materials (with different TT and MU values).
More on that - it allows you to optimize the proportion of product TT vs input TT for components crafting.

Last edited:
NO
It's very important bar. Allows you to optimize input MU by adjusting the proportion of returned materials (with different TT and MU values).
More on that - it allows you to optimize the proportion of product TT vs input TT for components crafting.

Could you please elaborate on this, maybe give an actual example. It just doesn't make much sence to me.

Could you please elaborate on this, maybe give an actual example. It just doesn't make much sence to me.

Example (neglecting the overshooting per success to keep it simple):
An item costs 0,56 PED per click. The produced component is 0,30 PED TT, per success you would get 0,30 PED component + 0,26 PED residue.
Move the slider a bit towards condition and the 0,30 of item + 0,26 of res changes into 0,6 component (2 units instead of 1 per success).

example for ingredients:
0,9TT craft.
Mat1 0,4TT 103%
Mat2 0,5TT 160%
on the 50% near successes you can't get the mat2 back when being on full quantity, because 50% of 0,9 is 0,45.
move the slider a bit towards condition, so the 50% near success produces 0,5 near successes, et voila, now you can get mat2 back on the near success.

Another reason why the slider has to stay.

this ?

[Galaxy S3 Ion Conductors Blueprint] on full quantity gives you 1x [Galaxy S3 Ion Conductors] ( 0.5TT value ) + 0.2TT res ( on average ) on success.
By adjusting the condition bar you can get 2x [Galaxy S3 Ion Conductors] ( 1.0TT value ) + 0.01TT res ( on average ) on success.

[High Grade Plugs Blueprint] on full quantity gives you almost 0 igni back, but by adjusting the condition bar you start getting back this high MU resourse on near success.

Last edited:
Example (neglecting the overshooting per success to keep it simple):
An item costs 0,56 PED per click. The produced component is 0,30 PED TT, per success you would get 0,30 PED component + 0,26 PED residue.
Move the slider a bit towards condition and the 0,30 of item + 0,26 of res changes into 0,6 component (2 units instead of 1 per success).

example for ingredients:
0,9TT craft.
Mat1 0,4TT 103%
Mat2 0,5TT 160%
on the 50% near successes you can't get the mat2 back when being on full quantity, because 50% of 0,9 is 0,45.
move the slider a bit towards condition, so the 50% near success produces 0,5 near successes, et voila, now you can get mat2 back on the near success.

Another reason why the slider has to stay.

Thanks, I really didn't know that. First part looks like it could be useful to those who craft enhancers. Maybe I should try some using this :)

so it's a big fat nope.
But they will be happier because they get to play a lot longer for the same ped, cycling more, consuming more BPs, more resources... isn't this much better? What's the max HOF u can get on recy4 on full quantity?

But they will be happier because they get to play a lot longer for the same ped, cycling more, consuming more BPs, more resources

When you start loosing the 160% or even 250% MU material on every near sucess then it's gonna be a lot more expensive to craft and the ped won't last as long anymore...

I think that MA should remove the quantity-condition slider 2 weeks before an event (Mayhem) is scheduled to begin and not add it back again until the event is over.

Add permanent buttons that make it possible to select 1, 10 or 100, i.e. each click is actually 10 clicks at once or 100 clicks at once instead of 1 so that things can be crafted faster. I hate sitting there for half an hour or more waiting to make 100 enhacers... If I could select 100 clicks/click then it would take 13 seconds instead.

Last edited:
What about going the other way, turn it into three types of bars, I have no idea what to call them, but it would be fun to hear all the theories about how they work and affect crafting when in reality they would probably do nothing.....like the pedestrian button at a crosswalk, would be amazing to watch if people had multiple buttons to press....they wouldn't be marked but sign would say one speeds up light, one slows it down, and one gives more time to cress, but we all know the buttons would not be connected to anything, yet people would press them anyway....

But they will be happier because they get to play a lot longer for the same ped, cycling more, consuming more BPs, more resources... isn't this much better? What's the max HOF u can get on recy4 on full quantity?
You mean you would be happier not seeing that many HoFs and ATHs from crafting? ;)
I've seen your reason to do this change, but that looks just like an excuse... whats the reason?

Back