Suggestion: Remove the Quality - Condition bar from the crafting machine

Do you agree with such a change?

• Total voters
You mean you would be happier not seeing that many HoFs and ATHs from crafting? ;)
I've seen your reason to do this change, but that looks just like an excuse... whats the reason?
Reason is to increase retention and slow down the losses on big clicks. The bar decreasess success rate while increasing the tt on success and on near success. This on the long run greatly decreasing the 'loot events'. More loot events should better normalize one's return, giving more clicks for same ped.
The multiplier algorithm can also be changed to keep the same or close frequency of hofs and aths.

Quite interesting ideas and debate so far for sure.

Reason is to increase retention and slow down the losses on big clicks. The bar decreasess success rate while increasing the tt on success and on near success. This on the long run greatly decreasing the 'loot events'. More loot events should better normalize one's return, giving more clicks for same ped.
The multiplier algorithm can also be changed to keep the same or close frequency of hofs and aths.

Quite interesting ideas and debate so far for sure.
That part should be better explained from MA imo, so those who can afford "full throttle" do so, but for those who are interested in
how to best use it should learn or at least get better hints on how to figure it out. Less losses that way and longer gameplay for
the depo will keep interst up as you mentioned.

After reading all answers from the AMA it's obvious MA have quite low interest in increasing amount things we can do per category
of gameplay e.g space, estates and so on. As a sandbox game it must have a rich featured gameplay per category, it can't be
a box of concrete looking like sand.... with this mindset, that it need to be rich featured per category, interest to keep playing and
get new players would increase. Reasons why they don't develop things more can be many though anything from low intererst
to do so to their license keep them back (I guess they have a quite limited license otherwise they had probably been forced to pay
a lot more if they had access and right to modify engine as they want).

Reason is to increase retention and slow down the losses on big clicks.

the losses on big clicks come from failes and the high amount of 25% & 50% tt-return near success as well as lacks of globals/hofs... denying some ATH-Chaser to go full condition won't change that...

I log in, do my crafting, see 66-80% TT-return on full quantity, then i log out and go to play something else :dunno:

If you want higher play retention, tell MA to drastically reduce the amount of 25% & 50% TT-return near successes and drastically increase the amount of 90% ones...

Last edited:
There are non-gambling purposes for which this feature is useful.
Then I stand corrected, not entirely useless.
Maybe then replace it with some steps, as someone suggested but max make it 20% of what it is?

(... if they had access and right to modify engine as they want).
Hi Joat, as far as I know there are various 'engines'. The AMA answer about it being so hard to enable avatars to lie down must surely have been part of a bet to see whether the guy could give his answer with a straight face and not laugh, surely. That would be a graphics engine thing, and perfectly possible, c'mon! Loot mechanics of any kind all seem to be linked to the same black box of amount calculation and then composition withdrawal from the loot server 'database'. To be fair, they have come up with a number of variants that they have regularly refined over time. The gameplay lies between these, with more complicated missions, rewards and buffs now integrated. They've been working on teamplay and phases of missions recently, which is an increase in complexity, but often badly balanced on the return side and with bugs crawling over the buffs for unfair behaviour in events.
The slider is really a pretty simple concept compared to what has been changing, although MA has been tweaking success rates etc to try and better please weapon crafters, for example. As far as I know, this is completely under their control to modify as they wish. It is this engine which is the most powerful and valuable element for MA.

What I liked most in your post, however, is linking the words sandbox and cement "it can't be a box of concrete looking like sand" - MA often comes across as trying to be a sandbox universe with activities that more resemble lumps of concrete. At least the slider allows for players to fine-tune the risk:reward probability ratios. There - managed to get back on topic - phew! :)

Then I stand corrected, not entirely useless.
Maybe then replace it with some steps, as someone suggested but max make it 20% of what it is?

Honestly they could just slap a HoF cap on the condition slider and that would solve the problem without undoing the non-gambling benefits of condition crafting.

It does actually have a role in game.. If you don't understand it... don't start flipping over it... perhaps ask better questions..

Secondly the price of goods would sky rocket without that bar...

YA... so no change love how the Crafting system is.. Ask Questions bro don't just start throwing the hands in the air.. and guess what it is up to the user to use QTY or Cond. So please Don't take that freedom away.

Back