Suggestion: Remove universal ammo for Mindforce chip

Cobra84

Old
Society
Liberty
Cobra Cob Guru
I'm using a Regeneration Chip 3

As everyone knows, the problem is that when using the chip with synthetic ME in inventory, if you are using universal ammo for your weapons instead of Blp pack or Weapon cells, then the chip will automatically uses the universal ammo

I found it boring. I don't have a storage box, a suitcase or whatever to place the uni ammo in it in order to use the ME each time I want to use the chip. (some may say to place the ammo in the storage of the vehicle but too boring )

Please MA either remove the use of uni ammo on ME chip, or set up a "switch", an option to select manually if we want to use uni ammo or ME on the Mindforce chips

Having a setting you can set your chip to would be kinda cool. Gives MA more ped too

I'm using a Regeneration Chip 3

As everyone knows, the problem is that when using the chip with synthetic ME in inventory, if you are using universal ammo for your weapons instead of Blp pack or Weapon cells, then the chip will automatically uses the universal ammo

I found it boring. I don't have a storage box, a suitcase or whatever to place the uni ammo in it in order to use the ME each time I want to use the chip. (some may say to place the ammo in the storage of the vehicle but too boring )

Please MA either remove the use of uni ammo on ME chip, or set up a "switch", an option to select manually if we want to use uni ammo or ME on the Mindforce chips
Perfect example for the entitlement of some people in these modern days...
Just because YOU find it boring, is it a good thing to place a suggestion against a feature that hundreds of other players may find useful?
Did you even consider placing a poll or something like this to find what other people may think about it?? Or is it too boring?...
For me it`s useless to carry SME in my inventory (AND it takes unnecessary space) specially when shrapnell converts to 101% UA.

Also. what others said:
And the winner for most useless fix goes to....

@Ludvig|MindArk From all the suggestions in past few months posted in forum about far more serious stuff, this is the one you run to the devs with?? Cmon dude, up your game!
exactly...

UA is untradable and only costs you 99.5% of TT if you buy in shrapnel, I'm not sure there is a situation where somebody wouldn't want to use it vs another application. The savings are getting recouped regardless, whether its used for a chip, gun, mining or whatever.

I guess the point can be made that options are always good, but this really seems like a weak case.

And if it bugs you so much, just use your vehicle to store it. you said you didn't have any storage boxes, but I am sure you at least have a sleipnir.. or a Valkyrie, I'm sure you have one of them from Thule

@Ludvig|MindArk From all the suggestions in past few months posted in forum about far more serious stuff, this is the one you run to the devs with?? Cmon dude, up your game!

I do try to read all the suggestions posted on this forum, and I pass along quite a few of the suggestions and bug reports to the dev team, even if I don't always mention it.

However, I'll make sure to mention it more often in the future, so that this is more clear. Just be aware that I will still pass things on without mentioning it at times, and that even if I pass a suggestion on there's of course no guarantee that it will lead to any changes... just that the dev team is aware of it, and may take it under consideration.

If you have any further feedback, please PM it to me instead, to avoid derailing this thread any further with too many off topic posts.

Probes work already like that...
if there are probes in inventory use probes otherwise use uniammo
just give priority on native ammo and fallback to uni...
engine does it already

The word sheesh kinda applies to pretty much everything about this thread, both on and off topic elements.

In short, the idea I assume would be favoured is to
just give priority on native ammo and fallback to uni...
if no native ammo synth ME is available.

It's more of a pain to have to go get sme each time....

There are many hunters who use purely mindforce as weapons and heals, some who use a mix with arsos, restos etc. By forcing them to buy sme they loses the % on the uni ammo conversion.

It would be the equivalent of me saying can we please stop guns using uni ammo, as every time I use my tagger it uses up my uni ammo that's supposed to be for my mindforce chips...

If you want a decent suggestion. how about we combine Probes, SME, Weapon Cells and BLP rounds all into one ammunition called "Terminal Ammunition". Then everything can draw from it and you don't have to have lots of different stacks of different things. And then the normal people that use converted shrapnel can still just use UA as always.
Ludvig, cancel that previous memo and send this one instead. :)

It's more of a pain to have to go get sme each time....

There are many hunters who use purely mindforce as weapons and heals, some who use a mix with arsos, restos etc. By forcing them to buy sme they loses the % on the uni ammo conversion.

It would be the equivalent of me saying can we please stop guns using uni ammo, as every time I use my tagger it uses up my uni ammo that's supposed to be for my mindforce chips...

You're right, but that doesn't stop it being a personal choice to prioritize or even exclude certain ammo... if there's an added feature.

I see it as a legitimate suggestion it can be consider, not necessarily a threat...

PPRPS..
I just remembered that you have a choice of what residues to use when crafting. Even choose to use them or not. Isn't it the same.

Last edited:
If you want a decent suggestion. how about we combine Probes, SME, Weapon Cells and BLP rounds all into one ammunition called "Terminal Ammunition". Then everything can draw from it and you don't have to have lots of different stacks of different things. And then the normal people that use converted shrapnel can still just use UA as always.
Ludvig, cancel that previous memo and send this one instead. :)

Nah, i find it too boring that imk2 uses the same ammo as the barbarella.
I want different ammo for all the weapons, LP-40 should use LP-40 ammo while LR-40 should use a different LR-40 ammo, and obviously you should not be able to use LR-40 ammo with for example a totally different gun like LR-45.
Also we need separate ammo for guns if amped, its so boring the unamped LP-40 can use the same ammo as an amped LP-40.
Same for enhancers. We need different ammos to use for LP-40 amped T3 than LP-40 amped T4.

Nah, i find it too boring that imk2 uses the same ammo as the barbarella.
I want different ammo for all the weapons, LP-40 should use LP-40 ammo while LR-40 should use a different LR-40 ammo, and obviously you should not be able to use LR-40 ammo with for example a totally different gun like LR-45.
Also we need separate ammo for guns if amped, its so boring the unamped LP-40 can use the same ammo as an amped LP-40.
Same for enhancers. We need different ammos to use for LP-40 amped T3 than LP-40 amped T4.
You are to tell me that the same LR-40 ammo can kill animal, mutants AND robots? I think we need to split each weapons ammo up to 3 more types for each of the major 3 mob categories.

You are to tell me that the same LR-40 ammo can kill animal, mutants AND robots? I think we need to split each weapons ammo up to 3 more types for each of the major 3 mob categories.
Dont forget the bigger calibre for higher maturities

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Universal ammo for MF is the only way to TT profit!

Having a ranked choice system would solve all these issues , which resource to use first.

Back