Remove vehicles from oil rig (yesterday) !

Should MA remove vehicles from the oil rig asap ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Driving a vehicle into somebody intentionally to break their targeting and force them to take damage and die is exploitive, and stealing somebodies mobs is griefing. Both these things are said to lead to an enforceable action by Mindark.
But oh yes, lets concentrate the discussion on the naughty PvPers...

Honestly what the hack is unfair about killing people who got less skill than you

Its a pvp zone not a benefit zone for people who will never depo,
if you go in to a pvp zone prepare for it, if you get killed go get some better gear and skills and come back like all of the pvp players used to do

the people who are @ the rig nowdays belong to a sweat camp

The sad reality is MA could not care less about pvp, it is why nothing remotely good has been done for pvp since i began to take it seriously. I would like to see vehicles removed from the rig solely because I want to see if people actually fought over the rig, cause lets be honest, its not as if the people that we all know are out there 24hr a day atm are skilling or doing anything beneficial in game outside of sitting at the rig and badmouthing people if they die.

That brings me to my next point, why is it that if I repeat a message someone has said in local or in pm in game onto a pcf thread, or support, nothing gets done other than my post gets removed..? The rig is easily one of the most unpleasant places in this game solely because of the foulmouthed little man children that spend their days out there for a quarter to fall on the ground every 30 minutes. If the things being said are so wrong that they cannot be put on PCF, why is it that if I report these people, nothing is done other than my ticket gets closed with no real response other than "we will investigate"

The simplest solution to make the rig better, is to remove vehicles, or reduce the drop rate of oil to what old orthos mound used to be, and put a bigger oil rig in lootable pvp to make it fun.

But, I have zero faith that MA will do anything beneficial for the small community of players that actually care to pvp. Only way to get their attention is if entire player base stopped depositing, MA would probably get off their asses and maybe decide to update this game with more than a "UI update" lol....

That brings me to my next point, why is it that if I repeat a message someone has said
Mindark has ability to remove radar from a zone in game. Why not go a step farther and remove chat from a zone in game. If you are there you'd only hear global chatter or better yet, turn that off too. Make it so you only see in chat skill messages, globals, etc. No ability to actually say anything there.... or to hear anyone there. A true radioactive dead zone.

On rocktropia that prioson mission limits you severely since there's only certain terminals you can access in game if you go there. Take that idea a few steps further. on Calypso. You have the shot to enter pvp zone in your avatar and you cannot get access to any terminal til you die and lose the shot's ability. Remove the pvp zone from Calypso proper and put it in to an instance. If your avatar had the shot you gain entry similar to a key for an instance, or reset it so that it is a key type thing instead. Move the darn rig and entire pvp zone in to the instance. That way you can add new rules and things without haveing to add a heck of a lot of coding, etc. No vehicles, no problem, set the instance for the pvp zone instance to not allow em. No radar, no problem, turn it off. No chat, no proglem, just do away with a chat zone there, etc. When people complain about things like bug/features that allow this or that orthe other, like seeing a radar where it's not suppossed to be, etc. it all has to do with coding speghetti strings that Mindark has all over the place. If it's all nice and neat in int's own little instance/continent/whatever it seems like it's easier for them to control similar to how they can fix problems with Mayhem instances, etc.

Last edited:
The old rig used to be protected with a Ring of Monsters around it

I remember back in the old days it was very hard to get there when you had no skills to take out Mobs , you actualy had to buy a teleport chip to skip the atrox
And then you had to fight with players for the oil

It was a perfect design but after every Patch they did there it got worse and worse

Back in times Hunters culd hunt pvpers culd pvp
No vehicles , no crazy trains, no rookies without skills

Also the Distance was longer so when u got killed it made no sence walking back the whole way trying to avoid Mobs only to get killed again

So actualy you did put some efford into skilling and gear to fight for it

I remember back in the old days it was very hard to get there when you had no skills to take out Mobs , you actualy had to buy a teleport chip to skip the atrox
Good point, in the new instance/pvp zone remove ability to use tp chips too! :)

Mindark wants PVP in this game but they cant do anything good for the oil rig... just imagine what will happen to space.... LOL ...

The old rig used to be protected with a Ring of Monsters around it

And then you had to fight with players for the oil

It was a perfect design but after every Patch they did there it got worse and worse

Back in times Hunters culd hunt pvpers culd pvp
No vehicles , no crazy trains, no rookies without skills

Also the Distance was longer so when u got killed it made no sence walking back the whole way trying to avoid Mobs only to get killed again

So actualy you did put some efford into skilling and gear to fight for it
it was far from perfect. i used to run there as a noob and could make it there almost always without using my TP chip. The ring of mobs was far enough away from the rig that once past them they would not argo on you so skills and gear were only for those trying to close the rig for themselves to fight others trying to do the same thing.

Sometimes i would TP to the middle of the rig for laughs knowing i would get killed instantly. once i chatted that i was going to TP in but am not going to pick up oil and they let me which was pretty cool. i hung out at the edge of the rig area so they knew i could not get to the oil.

Most of the time the people there were assholes - and yes i would go back over and over TP in just to make them waste ammo for being assholes.

Old rig was 9000% better than this new garbage rig. Get rid of vehicles. The people have spoken 75% in favor!! Let's go!!

Last edited:
I don't visit the rig, I have not the time or the money or sheer bloodthirstyness to invest in trying to exist there. It is a nasty place and I also think that most of the people who hang about there really are arseholes. The benefit of that is the more time they are there, the less time they are somewhere else spreading their arseholdom in other places.
I reckon the rig is just another landgrab area and the oil is the perk of holding the place. All the tears and anger here is because one group has introduced a new tactic which causes much angst to their competitors.
I realise now It is not Pkers V noobs. The place is a death trap to real noobs and was always a garbage rig. The "others" are not bots but I will bet they are alts. They are displaying too much knowledge & have excess to too many peds.
The rig will never be a fair place - so MA don't be swayed by the so called logic here - it is more fun to watch things as they are

Looks like the levers of the vote are being switched back all at once! Nice! ???????

Looks like the levers of the vote are being switched back all at once! Nice! ???????
They are united unlike rest of us :D I guess that's why we don't deserve good stuff haha

Keep oil rig a no vehicle zone within 200 meters of the oil rig itself. Make the oil rig itself have an oil rig wave system (non pvp during waves). Instead of pumping out free peds make people shoot in the waves. Based on your contribution you'll get compensated with a buff and some oil.
Mobs will target the players shooting them and the oil rig itself and it will all go boom skyhigh killing all people within 200 meters of the oil rig if they fail to protect it by either repairing it or defending it from mobs. At the final wave (boss) it will spawn a new massive Atrox KING (that will make atrox queen look puny) bigger hp than SANDKING.
After the wave is completed (once every X hours) you'll have the oil rig pumping oil as usual and the zone will be pvp zone again until the wave is automatically started when enough oil has been picked up by the players.

This would be fun, interactive boost the economy and it would not be simply free peds all the time to whoever is fastest.

Keep oil rig a no vehicle zone within 200 meters of the oil rig itself. Make the oil rig itself have an oil rig wave system (non pvp during waves). Instead of pumping out free peds make people shoot in the waves. Based on your contribution you'll get compensated with a buff and some oil.
Mobs will target the players shooting them and the oil rig itself and it will all go boom skyhigh killing all people within 200 meters of the oil rig if they fail to protect it by either repairing it or defending it from mobs. At the final wave (boss) it will spawn a new massive Atrox KING (that will make atrox queen look puny) bigger hp than SANDKING.
After the wave is completed (once every X hours) you'll have the oil rig pumping oil as usual and the zone will be pvp zone again until the wave is automatically started when enough oil has been picked up by the players.

This would be fun, interactive boost the economy and it would not be simply free peds all the time to whoever is fastest.
That is actually a very good idea, +1

Now this would be badass ???

Another benefit of removing vehicles is going to be attracting stronger players to show up here, and fight each other, which would be fun to have something "new" happening in the game

a benefit for who? for you? i cant see any benefit for MA to remove the vehicles. they gonna only loose on it.
so according to you stronger players cant come to the rig because of the vehicles? really?? there are already a lot of spots in the zone without mobs or vehicles but i cant see any attracted stronger players there :( or do you mean stronger players will only be attracted by 3 peds oil drops and no vehicles? indeed :ROFLMAO:

The problem comes up when they constantly on purpose, drive vehicles trough me, to disable me from shooting the mobs, at some point multiple armax stalkers or atrox stalkers crit me, and I die.

What happens after, is that they take those mobs I was shooting, and hide them somewhere, so I lose money in that process.
WOW, now you are trying to say that you come to the rig to hunt mobs! really? i would recommend you some different non pvp locations that fits better hunting. Pls contact me in the game for more info. If you dont like pvp or its rules you should not come to pvp i think, its just not for you.

what i see here is that you are saying one thing but trying to say something different. And what i see when i read through your posts you just dont want to loose any ammo in pvp. so you should rehash your post with other words: "please make me no loose any peds in pvp ?"

Who knows...
The fact that Disabled asked his whole society to vote "NO" en masse, will perhaps alert MA.
And they may end up understanding what is really going on there... :rolleyes:

80% udssr pve boys "no" votes 20% casual pve boys "no" vote :D

fact is the people who votet "yes" are ready to spend
and those who voted "no" are afraid of going back to sweat camp

80% udssr pve boys "no" votes 20% casual pve boys "no" vote :D

fact is the people who votet "yes" are ready to spend
and those who voted "no" are afraid of going back to sweat camp
I like you, you said what I was thinking almost word for word.

Sweat camp :D :D :D

should just remove the rig entirely.

and sweating

I would make it Lootable PVP :p

Polls in this forum make no sense. Theres just too many stupid people :)

Status
Back