FYI: Repair any VU without Full Re-installation

Hi dargonstar

I will answer you section by sections, seem you have lots of them.

==============
its tells me alter file version.txt, so i do, i save.
then it says backup this altered file ok.
then do the trick reupdate and cancel at install. ok
now copy my backup version txt to the entropia folder.... huh? why do this? this needs a bit more depth of explaining. the txt did not not change inside, so why exactly am i copying the copy to the entropia folder? do i delete the old one? when messing with system files i expect a bit more precise explanation.

:: Last few VU, when I did cancel VU installation, it deleted version.txt.

version.txt is very important, so that's why I wrote to backup.

I highlighted it bold under part 2;

There is a changed the way MA is patching since VU 11.
ClientLoader has to run as Administrator before it can download patches.
And version.txt is deleted when patch is canceled.

==============
1: get wget. download two zip files below and unzip them.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnu...11.4-1-bin.zip
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnu...11.4-1-dep.zip

why is this in 2 files? shouldn't this be all one file?

2: copy files in wget-1.11.4-1-dep\bin TO wget-1.11.4-1-bin\bin
huh?

:: WGET needs those two zip file combined to work, there is an installation file which you use.

I prefer zip method because I; my self don't like the installation method.

==============
3: copy the command line below to a Notepad and save it as a batch file to get-1.11.4-1-bin\bin

wget.exe -N --tries=88 --waitretry=180 --continue --read-timeout=44 http://download.entropiauniverse.com....0.7.48670.exe

for download from a proxy:
Add the proxy setting and change proxy.testing.com.au:80 to your proxy name and port like this

set http_proxy=proxy.testing.com.au:80
wget.exe -N --tries=88 --waitretry=180 --continue --read-timeout=44 http://download.entropiauniverse.com....0.7.48670.exe
i'm uterly lost here.

:: a batch or cmd( or call dos prompt) is a command line you can type to run things.

a batch file is better because you can reuse or re-run when you cancel the download. It's hard if you know nothing about it; just skip this and do the next.

==============
ou can download a full working wget with working examples:

PE_full_11_and_Patches.zip ... 26 June 2010

PE_Full_11.bat will download full 3.9GB installation file.
PE_11_Patches.bat will download all patches after the full.
and this, i have no clue, but june 26th 2010? and today is june 22nd?

:: I combined two wget files as the instruction above with two batch files ready to run. The date is the date I updated it.

==============

dandy

ok. i think, i tried the repair method the best i could. it didn't work several times. probably more corrupted downloads.

I did start the preset up wget. but its taking for ever to download, the download rate jumps from 1kbs to 200kbs. and this is just the core install.
the update install is up to the new patch or to the previous patch? i'm just wondering.

ok. i think, i tried the repair method the best i could. it didn't work several times. probably more corrupted downloads.

I did start the preset up wget. but its taking for ever to download, the download rate jumps from 1kbs to 200kbs. and this is just the core install.
the update install is up to the new patch or to the previous patch? i'm just wondering.

the update batch is up to date. the date will give you the clue.

For example, there was a small patch while you posted the question yesterday.

Since this thread is created; the batch and the patch list were never older than one day.

dandy

Wget

Dandy I was confused about your instructions on getting wget to start downloading. So, I am going to explain how I got it to execute.
From Start menu, select run ( command prompt loads) Type "cmd" (without the "") At this point you will see a black screen that says "C:/Documents and Settings" Type cd desktop (hit enter)
Ok so now you can verify your wget progam has been installed correctly by simply typeing wget If you were lost on the explanation for creating the bat file as I was you will see failed to locate url. ( this is the file you wish to download) Type this in or copy paste

set http_proxy=proxy.testing.com.au:80
wget.exe -N --tries=88 --waitretry=180 --continue --read-timeout=44 http://download.entropiauniverse.com/install/entropia_universe_setup_11.0.7.48670.exe

Your download will start :) This is for a fresh download I believe ..at the moment mine is downloading (15% so far) Hopefully this will work for me since I've spent the last 3 days redownloading this game only to get the same decompression error over and over (#1024)...so I'm headed to post my disaster experience.

*update* WGET can continue where it left off..a good thing since I closed it on accident >.< ..i just put the same copied command in and BAM! redownloading.... hope to be killin argo's soon! 79% complete.

*update* File is done...Same decompression errors... this blows.

Last edited:
Thanks alot Dandy this guide helped ;) Somehow my vu txt file was empty after the last update and caused my game to become corrupt. I just manually entered the current vu and it started updating again:yay:

Hopefully I will see all my SR m8's ingame soon;)

And how do you repair the game when the repair tool itself is broken & the game files get seperated in two locations? :laugh:

Temporary fix for VU 11.4.4 for downloading problem

Temporary fix for VU 11.4.4 for downloading problem

This vu brings sorrow for players who can't manage to download public_users_data\dynamic_content\*.pak

If you have an error that it can't download a file from MA site, then the solution is here.

Problem:

The client loader doesn't do resume download of public_users_data\dynamic_content\*.pak may cause by Download thread count when it is more than 1.

Solution: (This is on Windows XP)

1: Goto public_users_data\dynamic_content folder
2: Find the newest file that is created
3: Delete it
4: Launch the client loader, then it should download the deleted file again.
5: While it is downloading, click on Tools
6: Change Download thread count to 1

End Temporary fix for VU 11.4.4.

This information is also in the first post temporary.

dandy

Hello is it possible to just download these 7 files as they are run the .exe and it will install as normal offline?

Hello is it possible to just download these 7 files as they are run the .exe and it will install as normal offline?

Full installation download files currently isn't available.

It has been removed I think since the dynamic downloads were introduced.

I don't know any other alternated method to download and install at the moment.
I will give an update if can I find out how.

Best I can suggest now is getting a copy from a trust friend from his PC.

dandy

edit: from what I have tested, current client loader can't do resume download.
This can cause problems for who have download disruption often either cause by their ISP or PC.

Last edited:
HELP!!HELP!!SOS ,Since the VU 12.0.4 I am trying to download the patches, but it fail, and i decided to re download the whole things, and i uninstalled the entire entropia universe, when i'm trying to get back in it take 3 days and it haven;t finish download, the client loader is running as uusual, but it seem it take forever to complete the download, and amazingly the size of total keep on increasing as the download time goes by, can someone please guide me how to overcome such craziness? thank you

HELP!!HELP!!SOS ,Since the VU 12.0.4 I am trying to download the patches, but it fail, and i decided to re download the whole things, and i uninstalled the entire entropia universe, when i'm trying to get back in it take 3 days and it haven;t finish download, the client loader is running as uusual, but it seem it take forever to complete the download, and amazingly the size of total keep on increasing as the download time goes by, can someone please guide me how to overcome such craziness? thank you

Always back up the entire folder before uninstalling to reinstall.

Amazingly i got hit by the same problem: the client loader kept trying to download something but it said 0B/xxx where xxx was increasing forever.

Waiting for MA to feed their server hamster...

It would appear that the repair feature on my client loader is not doing anything. I cannot login (after entering a security code my login screen remains "loading..."
Any attempt to repair does nothing.
Support sent, status "unread"
Isn't that special.

Last edited:
Help me pl.

I did stupid thing today. I was repairing the game through client loader and also busy with friend and I clicked on Yes button. All my game file deleted and I even not kept backup for the game on DVD. Can anyone guide how to get them back or the files where can i download it coz. it will take me 6 days to download by client loader. Also tell from which version I should try to download. It will be better if MA send me some disc for game ;) but that is fat chance. At least sugest the solution ASAP.

TY in advance

can someone upload the game in torrent...client loader is finding error and always downloading a wrong file ..:mad:

The repair tool doesn't seem to do anything. does it actually patch the installation?

Back