FYI: Repair any VU without Full Re-installation

stop whining

mindark / first planet company DOES NOT give a shit about your problems with patches! can you understand this for once and all ???

keep patch file

Yes, especially for those who are on slow connection (still 3:44:36 to go, ffs...).
MA could easily add option to Save Patch File to tick before downloading update.
Gotta try copying the patch while it is being run - or will it be locked?

Hi;

Normally patches will stay in the same folder as version.txt if you run the ClientLoader under a normal user and don't run patch when it gives warning about you are not an Admin user.

Some people have problem with downloading the latest patch from the ClientLoader (vu 10.8.0) but can down directly from:

http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com/Update_10.7.2.40969-10.8.0.42477.exe

and I have updated the first post so you can download the latest patch.

cheer

dandy

Last edited:
get this msg when i try to download the latest update(10.8.1)

<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>Update_10.8.0.42477-10.8.1.42850.exe</Key>
<RequestId>264FED5F28098896</RequestId>

<HostId>
te097cVtXkpu7sviQuJtwvuWUouSFXUzMuCOoK5nHEfx16mqKOKOCpnt6Nnu/9/N
</HostId>
</Error>

hey hey

get this msg when i try to download the latest update(10.8.1)

<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>Update_10.8.0.42477-10.8.1.42850.exe</Key>
<RequestId>264FED5F28098896</RequestId>

<HostId>
te097cVtXkpu7sviQuJtwvuWUouSFXUzMuCOoK5nHEfx16mqKOKOCpnt6Nnu/9/N
</HostId>
</Error>

You are too fast; file isn't available yet. Will have to wait till MA puts it there:)

Should be available shortly.

cheer;

dandy

i see you have the latest patch link in bold but its not going at all, why ?

Some can download, some can't at all, either through the mirror or the client loader. So cut the poor guy some slack, it's MA who fked up here.

I know, i know... i'm soooo harsh on MA, actually expecting to be able to download a file they claim is there... I'm sorry but these updates are starting to feel really done by amateurs now. Sure, the content and upgrades are nice, and i give em credit for it, but the actual updating is HELL.

On a more ontopic note... DO NOT click anything while the updater runs, even a mouse click can lock it up and corrupt files, that's the reason most updates fail. Even a single mouse click on NOTHING has locked mine up. Just accidentally clicking the mouse button, NOT double clicking and not clicking on some confirmation either for u smartasses out there (pre-emptive defence).

please if anyone downloaded it already just use a free uploader center and put it there, share with us the link, and its all done, MA is incapable but a small patch you can put without having any FTP at all.

http://www.rapidshare.com/ or any other really, if the patch is too big, use winace/winrar/tcmd to split it and give us the link.
Thanks

self repair from ClientLoader

Hi;

I added an instruction for repairing from ClientLoader.

Entropiauniverse has a self healing installation since VU 10.8.1.

Cheer;

dandy

I tried the repair tool and it works great...

I was missing mob textures for about half of the mobs. Now I can see them in all their glory.:yay::yay:

Thanks for the wget help. I have it running at the moment. What happens should the connection stall if I use this? Will it resume automatically when it reconnects? Can I pause it or will it automatically cut its bandwidth allocation should I want to use bandwidth for another purpose?
I wish I had a clue what it was all about, it took me a while to understand the instructions. Glad we have some one who knows all the ins and outs.
If I wanted to use this application for something else I take it all I have to do is copy and paste the address into the place where the address is on that .bat file (which you click on to execute the download).

Thanks for the wget help. I have it running at the moment. What happens should the connection stall if I use this? Will it resume automatically when it reconnects? Can I pause it or will it automatically cut its bandwidth allocation should I want to use bandwidth for another purpose?
I wish I had a clue what it was all about, it took me a while to understand the instructions. Glad we have some one who knows all the ins and outs.
If I wanted to use this application for something else I take it all I have to do is copy and paste the address into the place where the address is on that .bat file (which you click on to execute the download).

Hi Jane Doe

Good to see some one is using it.

Good question and I will answer here the option for wget.

wget.exe --tries=88 --waitretry=180 --continue --read-timeout=44 http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com/entropia_universe_10.8.0/entropia_universe_10.8.0.42477_setup.exe

--read-timeout =if your installation is stall, it will break the connection, this is useful when when some how you lose a connection/reconnection so it does hang there forever.

--tries=88 =it will try connect/reconnect 88 times

--waitretry=180 =it will wait 180 seconds before next try

--continue =it will resume download from the previous section of the file.

Every options work together.

So every thing has been thought carefully for you.

You can cancel and rerun any time.

Ooh Yes; you can reuse the batch just change the address.

cheer;

dandy

just bump to vu 10.8.3/.4

Update for a double confused vu day.

Two vu in one day.

cheer;

dandy

found mismatch!

[...]-------------------->

Last edited:
hello please i need manual instalation of vu,anybody can link me VU 10,9,2 download link? thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone know about a torrent seed for the update_11.0.2.46046-11.0.3.47275.exe?
I'm at a hotell with realy slow Internet and only allowed to use it 6h/day. The download of that file will take about 8h. So whenever I try it's cut and I only got a part of the file. If there was a torrent for this file I could resume the download, and maybe hopefully also get it down faster.

BTW, is there still a "repair" button in the client loader, I couldn't find any. I had to delete the bad/broken "update_11.0.2.46046-11.0.3.47275.exe" and then just start over again.

Does anyone know about a torrent seed for the update_11.0.2.46046-11.0.3.47275.exe?
I'm at a hotell with realy slow Internet and only allowed to use it 6h/day. The download of that file will take about 8h. So whenever I try it's cut and I only got a part of the file. If there was a torrent for this file I could resume the download, and maybe hopefully also get it down faster.

BTW, is there still a "repair" button in the client loader, I couldn't find any. I had to delete the bad/broken "update_11.0.2.46046-11.0.3.47275.exe" and then just start over again.

Torrent program isn't the replacement for a normal downloading program.

You should get a good resumable downloader.

I suggest the WGET program at the bottom of the page of the first thread and how to use it. It has the resumable feature.

It should take a few minutes to do after you get WGET.

cheer;

dandy

Torrent program isn't the replacement for a normal downloading program.

You should get a good resumable downloader.

I suggest the WGET program at the bottom of the page of the first thread and how to use it. It has the resumable feature.

It should take a few minutes to do after you get WGET.

cheer;

dandy

Ah, didn't see that part. Big thx!

Need some help!

I've tried twice to download latest full instalation file of 3.9gb and on 3.1 stops...it won't finish download...plz some1 help...

I've tried twice to download latest full instalation file of 3.9gb and on 3.1 stops...it won't finish download...plz some1 help...

Very common problem, the solution is the same as the above user.

Get a download program, don't use your browser.

check the bottom of the first thread and get WGET and how to use it.

cheer;

dandy

lol...litle stupid today or something

Can't figure it out.... :confused: i get some folder's when i extract:bin,contrib,etc,man, manifest,and share... when i go to

contrib---> wget--> 1.11.4--> i see wget 1.11.4 folder (empty) and wget 1.11.4-scr with changelog and things...and there is wget-1.11.4-1 redme file...lol...

bin--> there is wget icon, and dll files...

manifest--> there is wget 1.11.4-1-bin.mft and ver file,same with the wget 1.11.4-1-dep...

what to do now....which file to copy???? plz help me dandy...and don't mind about my retardness... xD

Can't figure it out.... :confused: i get some folder's when i extract:bin,contrib,etc,man, manifest,and share... when i go to

contrib---> wget--> 1.11.4--> i see wget 1.11.4 folder (empty) and wget 1.11.4-scr with changelog and things...and there is wget-1.11.4-1 redme file...lol...

bin--> there is wget icon, and dll files...

manifest--> there is wget 1.11.4-1-bin.mft and ver file,same with the wget 1.11.4-1-dep...

what to do now....which file to copy???? plz help me dandy...and don't mind about my retardness... xD

Really; basically just combine files together in bin foder.

You should end up with 5 files;

wget.exe
libssl32.dll
libintl3.dll
libiconv2.dll
libeay32.dll

Ohh; and don't forget to change file url if you download patches.

cheer;

dandy

lol

I don't need to change anything then...cuz it's there already when i extract it...but problem is there when i start it...it just pops up and closes...nothing else happens... download wont start... ???

I don't need to change anything then...cuz it's there already when i extract it...but problem is there when i start it...it just pops up and closes...nothing else happens... download wont start... ???

need to put the *.bat file with the folder where wget.exe is.

Or using cmd.exe; change directory to the folder with wget.exe then run.

Or use example; (you can use it too)

PE_full_11_and_Patches.zip

PE_Full_11.bat will download full 3.9gb
PE_11_Patches.bat will download all patches after the full.

cheer;

dandy

Last edited:
eagerly awaiting alternate 11.2 dl ;)

would rather not wait 4hrs at 15kB/s :rolleyes:

i understand what to do somewhat however i'm getting confused.

its tells me alter file version.txt, so i do, i save.
then it says backup this altered file ok.
then do the trick reupdate and cancel at install. ok
now copy my backup version txt to the entropia folder.... huh? why do this? this needs a bit more depth of explaining. the txt did not not change inside, so why exactly am i copying the copy to the entropia folder? do i delete the old one? when messing with system files i expect a bit more precise explanation.

and your stuff on the wget. it utterly baffles me. I feel like i'm reading someones half note short hand.

1: get wget. download two zip files below and unzip them.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnu...11.4-1-bin.zip
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnu...11.4-1-dep.zip

why is this in 2 files? shouldn't this be all one file?

2: copy files in wget-1.11.4-1-dep\bin TO wget-1.11.4-1-bin\bin
huh?

3: copy the command line below to a Notepad and save it as a batch file to get-1.11.4-1-bin\bin

wget.exe -N --tries=88 --waitretry=180 --continue --read-timeout=44 http://download.entropiauniverse.com/install/entropia_universe_setup_11.0.7.48670.exe

for download from a proxy:
Add the proxy setting and change proxy.testing.com.au:80 to your proxy name and port like this

set http_proxy=proxy.testing.com.au:80
wget.exe -N --tries=88 --waitretry=180 --continue --read-timeout=44 http://download.entropiauniverse.com/install/entropia_universe_setup_11.0.7.48670.exe
i'm uterly lost here.

ou can download a full working wget with working examples:

PE_full_11_and_Patches.zip ... 26 June 2010

PE_Full_11.bat will download full 3.9GB installation file.
PE_11_Patches.bat will download all patches after the full.
and this, i have no clue, but june 26th 2010? and today is june 22nd?

i'm not trying to poke holes in your stuff i'm just trying to say i don't understand what to do after this point and the wget stuff. well i feel like someone just tried to tell me who something in binary.

Back