Suggestion: Repair UL items

ProActive Mango

Stalker
How about instead of a repair terminal we need to craft repair tools that repairs UL items, this way materials will go up in demand and resourses gaining value. This will benefit the entire eco system of the game.
Im not saying making it hard to craft these but use common resources that is easily obtained trough a regular hunting session.

@ Mango... yeah , a Modmerc consumes 0.26 ped per shot, 86 a minute, so it is 0.22 ped (no reload buff) per minute
in the same time killing kerberos it produces 10 ped oils... what are we talking about?

maybe it is not clear HOW MUCH resources are produced in game...
a simple mid level shooter that cycle 1k ped per hour produce (on caly) 300 ped items, in arkadia 700 (rough numbers)
5000 active shotoers (entropia life) is like 2.000.000 PED per hour in loot
we need a Massive sinking system that absorbs that

Last edited:
This has the potential to seize the system and cause a collapse.

What if the loot slows down or Ubers stock up so the loot pool goes dry and no one can repair. No one can repair. No one can hunt. No one can hunt then no one can repair. Game over.

This has the potential to seize the system and cause a collapse.

What if the loot slows down or Ubers stock up so the loot pool goes dry and no one can repair. No one can repair. No one can hunt. No one can hunt then no one can repair. Game over.
Good luck in hogging up all the lysterium, blasarium, eye oil, animal oil... etc.. even add shrapnel into the craft would help....

Using very common hunting loots in crafting portable repair kits for your gear. We could have diffrent sizes of repair kits. 100ped repairkit, 200,300,500,1000....and so on.
The game must evolve, and i would like to see it flurish.

:scratch:
Are you talking about this? It's rather new to the game, approx 10 years.

Portable Repair Unit (L): http://planettoulan.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=MiscTool&id=133
Portable Repair Unit (L) Blueprint (L): http://planettoulan.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Blueprint&id=2872
Yes, kinda. but to add total tt value to the repairkit you use materials say... in order to get a 1000ped repairkit you have to use 500ped of hunter oil, lyst,blausarium or whatever cheap and easy materials there is + shrapnel 500ped to create the tt value of the repair kit, and when you repair the items total tt repaired is removed from the kit.

Not a kit to let you use a repair tool and repair for tt, but rather you repair with cheap materials so to say.

We have extenders and Neopsion implants.

What you propose would break the two things from above.

Neopsion implants and extenders are for limited gears? Im talking about unlimited gears.
They can be used on anything.
You would have another item that will imply MU spent on it which again it would be more economical to use on limited gear rather than on unlimited gear.

Good luck in hogging up all the lysterium, blasarium, eye oil, animal oil... etc.. even add shrapnel into the craft would help....

Using very common hunting loots in crafting portable repair kits for your gear. We could have diffrent sizes of repair kits. 100ped repairkit, 200,300,500,1000....and so on.
The game must evolve, and i would like to see it flurish.
Agreed must evolve. However this adds a lot of complexity for newer players. It’s already complex enough with all the missions, and ingredients needed for missions.

I do agree something needs to be done. Just not sure this is the right way to go about it.

Long time ago they talked about boosted ammo that was crafted, lets implement that in someway. ;)

Ok, brain out of sync with this thread - what must I do to regain cognition?
Step one - reread op. Ah, it says repairing UNL stuff with a crafted tool, not the repair of (L) stuff.
Note to brain: do NOT try and think about whether that tool itself should be (L) or UNL ...

Ok, neural network output says: oh - would change the balance of everything in one swoop depending on decay ratio: damage done.
If diff weap lvls used different lvl tools, would additionally change cost balances, but may favour repping lower lvls.
Would potentially lower the diff between (L) mu and mu of UNL... eek - (L) could end up being CHEAPER??!!

Well, sounds like something MA would spends months and months of whiteboard time on. Do they really need to distract themselves more?

Other than that - I find it interesting. Give it to Sally to chew over...

We have extenders and Neopsion implants.

What you propose would break the two things from above.
I fail to understand where extenders and neopsion implants would be broken by something unrelated as a TT repair terminal?

As the name says extenders... extend the use of an item. Does not repair it.

Those existing bps of repair terminals are no good for this idea. They are far to expensive to craft for what we want to achieve.

Ii is clear that the economy needs contribution from unL gear users. Or is it just me that feels the game is stalled outside of mayhem events?

Every unL gear user will find all reasons plus one to say this is a bad idea, but thats mostly cause it hurts their bottomline, not realizing they stand to win much more :p

Every unL gear user
You do at least some of us a disservice. I use UNL gear, but I want the overall game design to continue working and not flounder due to economics, markets, costs, boredom, unfairness, access, etc, etc.
There are areas of the game economics where I don't even understand the continued demand for (L), let alone UNL. Quads and other vehicles are still selling, but mine have mostly lasted for something like 10 years now, even the 'free' lol-tt ones.

Would there be mu inflation if all ammo and/or all weaps required mats to either produce or keep operational? Would rebalancing be healthy and help lower players get closer to or above break-even if they really wanted to do more boring stuff rather than enjoyable things? Would that favour the rise of bots even more, not caring about boredom, as there would be no active player at the keyboard to bore anyway?
Given the moves that keep increasing bottability instead of lowering it, can we expect MA to sure fire introduce more profitable auto-play functionality such as this might do, over real active players?

Quick fix fast track
remove nanocubes from TT,
change on ALL BP that use Nanocube the material to Muscle oil
change on Enhancers card the FRAME from tt to Lysterium

easy.... no more "ready to use TT items that serve just MA and kill hunters, more market and more ammo cycled that benefit MA

after this revamp or destroy all BP that are useless (materials removed from game)
and in the update remove compel deed to avoid scams

@jetsina

Well everyone is a unL user to some degree, including myself. So everyone would be affected by this.

If we think about what and why it worked pre-2014 in the mining sub-economy we can find some parallel to what this achieves:

- Metal residue hovered at the entropia magic number of 107%. This provided a sink to most "fillers" in crafting at near breakeven.
- Miners always relied on L finders to be at top. No real unL finder other than the ol´f-105. This meant all finders came from crafting, thus resources were needed. 2020 we are still here and miners still need L finders to be at top.

But most important point!!

-Amp usage and MU on input. META at the time was vrx2k + lvl7 at 114%. I will leave the ludicrious 300% MU of the finder that we paied happily out of this for simplicity.

1ped @100% + 3 ped @114% = MU on input per drop of 110.5% And this was profitable!

But the real takeaway I want you to notice is that 3/4 of the drop input comes from recycling resources in the form of amps usage. Not from TT as in hunting.

marco was kind enough to breakdown the cost of armatrix guns on final input. So:

- If an armatrix gun at 120% breaksdown to 102%ish input.
- if a lvl5 amp can be sold regulary as low as 103%

This makes me think that the bps OP talks about could be crafted for nearly the same price as the lvl5s or even lower. Consider paying 102% instead of 120% for an armatrix.

At least ties the tt spent on decay of weapons/items to the hunting economy and recycling loot. To do the part of the work amps do for the mining economy. The mining solution does not work in hunting so this would be an alternative.

Back