Repair?

dj.

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Dejay dj Jaguar
Client loader->Tools->Repair->Start Repair->Delete Unexpected Files-> I clicked 'OK'

This was a mistake was it? :confused:

I am now missing 'ground' in-game. I have everything else, but 'everything else' is now floating rather amazingly, on sky and sea :tapfinger:

I probably should not be pushing buttons, I honestly thought a 'Repair' button repaired stuff, not remove things :silly2:

What do I do now then, any advice would be appreciated thanks, and yes Im pretty much a computer NooB.

:dunno:

have you tested to repair the game?
Im pretty sure it will catch the misstake and a quick dl later it will be alright again :).

if not you might wanna reinstall the game :(.

Best regards
-Zweshi

Ok I hit repair again, and got the message 'Your installation is valid'

Logged back into game, and find myself on top of a tree, in 7 years of playing I have never been to the top of a tree, I jumped down to nothingness.

I still have no ground.

What a contradiction, that repair button should be called "Press this button to fuck your game up" :lam:

In tools/ dynamic content, try ticking some of the other planets (if you have deselected some) to see if that triggers your installation to fix itself.

Ironically the situation you describe is what prompted me to repair my install last month - it should work and not cause the ground to disappear.

Have you tried using a teleport chip or pressing T to go to nearest revive ?

Reactions: dj.
I had the same issue just after release in some places and support told me to repair and delete the unknown files.

AFAIK it´s supposed to download the missing files again.

This fixed my issues but i get the same questions everytime i try to repair again.

I know some places on Arkadia are bugged (if you are there). The only way to get away from that area (revive 300 meters up in the air, only water below) was to use a tp chip.

In tools/ dynamic content, try ticking some of the other planets (if you have deselected some) to see if that triggers your installation to fix itself.

Ok, done this, will test in a sec..

Ironically the situation you describe is what prompted me to repair my install last month - it should work and not cause the ground to disappear..

lol typical, it 'gave' me a problem I didnt even have :laugh:

Have you tried using a teleport chip or pressing T to go to nearest revive ?

No why?

Ok thanks, that probably answeres my question to Mega :)
On Calypso, lym/allo

I know some places on Arkadia are bugged (if you are there). The only way to get away from that area (revive 300 meters up in the air, only water below) was to use a tp chip.

Right thanx Mega, my game is fixed! :thumbup:

Cheers! Im a happy bunny now :beerchug:

Back