Repairable OA105

BlueFire

Guardian
Society
Shoot To Kill
James BlueFire Sunderland
I own the OA105 currently in use by joe jeff xXSqUaLLXx.

Im looking into the thought of selling it so i was wondering what it is worth. Please tell me what you think and i am open to offers for it also should someone be interested in buying it.

it's not worth much of anything, so I'll give you 150,000 peds just for a pity bid.:yay:

Following Dekel's reasoning, with OA-105 (L) at 133% and 1k drops a day, a miner would save 4.00 * 0.33 * 1000 = 1320 PEDs a day. With a one year savings of 481,800, i would guess that 500k would be a start bid kinda ballpark.

On a completely unrelated note, :eek: :eyecrazy: :censored:

PS Is the decay really the same on the UL version of the mining amps? That's certainly unheard of for weapons.

Following Dekel's reasoning, with OA-105 (L) at 133% and 1k drops a day, a miner would save 4.00 * 0.33 * 1000 = 1320 PEDs a day. With a one year savings of 481,800, i would guess that 500k would be a start bid kinda ballpark.

PS Is the decay really the same on the UL version of the mining amps? That's certainly unheard of for weapons.

Yes UL amps have same decay as limited

The savings are obviously huge, but is anyone realy willing to put up that kind of PED for this amp?

If the decay was higher on the UL version of minings amps, they would be even better. So I strongly doubt it :)

If the decay was higher on the UL version of minings amps, they would be even better. So I strongly doubt it :)

That kinda supposes that the efficiency isn't the important part of an amp, doesn't it? My assumption would be that efficiency is what makes an amp good or bad, so same efficiency (20) with higher decay == less good. :)

The savings are obviously huge, but is anyone realy willing to put up that kind of PED for this amp?

I have no idea about that. The number of people with 50k in liquid assets is probably about the same as the number of UL OA-105s, though. :laugh:

Well with today's price an imp fap + mod merc will already cover that.
I guess a lot of players in the top 10 socs could gather it.

Well with today's price an imp fap + mod merc will already cover that.
I guess a lot of players in the top 10 socs could gather it.

Yeah, but they'd have to sell the imp FAP and MM...

Not exactly liquid assets. :D

It would be a landmark event if someone did swoop in and pay 500k for it. MA might pick that for their next media :spam:.

Id have to go with doer since its obviously an amazing peice of gear.. gl to you and any prospective buyers

lol!

Show me a hunter with imp fap and mod merc willing to be a miner instead. :)

Even if in theory it can save up to 1k ped a day, that is not completely true in real life. because if you hit a claim, you have to dig it up. And what if you hit belcar or lyst? How much time it will kill a hof on lyst? And I bet you will get on the long run some of those to.

On the other hand, you need to spend lot of time selling your resources and managing assets.

Mining is not as fun as hunting for many players.
It is the best amp in game at this time and it can be a tool for profit. Or for huge loses. So your target is an experienced miner that can usually profit. He could make the most of it.
The price... I would say more than 200k... How much more is just about how much is willing to pay a potential buyer. The market is not full with people willing to buy and use such a toy. A reseller may go for more, because if you can w8 long enough, is expected to go up in value because is only one. But if one more amp will drop... :laugh:

As with some price checks recently made on rare items (x5; sentinel harness) there is a big difference in what something is valued at, and what people are willing to pay to get it, and it usually ends up being overestimated by a factor of two. The current value of "it will save you 1k ped a day" is assuming it would be used on every drop...which is not the tactic experienced miners generally employ. It is more an item that is used 33% of the time mining. SB 160 BO 320

I wonder why sell it?:scratch2::laugh:

I wonder why sell it?:scratch2::laugh:

So one can buy an imp FAP and MM? :D

Point well taken, Immortal. I was just doing a one-year cost recoup estimate, but there does some to be an increasing gap between bid and sell on some gear these days.

So one can buy an imp FAP and MM? :D

Point well taken, Immortal. I was just doing a one-year cost recoup estimate, but there does some to be an increasing gap between bid and sell on some gear these days.

cant u buy those when u used this tool for a wile u think?;)

As with some price checks recently made on rare items (x5; sentinel harness) there is a big difference in what something is valued at, and what people are willing to pay to get it, and it usually ends up being overestimated by a factor of two. The current value of "it will save you 1k ped a day" is assuming it would be used on every drop...which is not the tactic experienced miners generally employ. It is more an item that is used 33% of the time mining. SB 160 BO 320

With no markup on the amp, you damn well should use this amp every drop. It's like mining unamped at 5x the speed. And when I use (L) amps, I use them every drop. Thinking you can get more efficiency and know when to use the amp and when to not use it, is pure fallacy imo. No one has ever proven a mining theory that will tell you when you are going to get a hit, or are near a potential claim, ever.

And running through 1000 ped of this amp a day would be very easy. Even 2000 would be very doable even for someone with a full time job.

However, I agree that finding someone willing to hand over 500k is another story...

Thinking you can get more efficiency and know when to use the amp and when to not use it, is pure fallacy imo. No one has ever proven a mining theory that will tell you when you are going to get a hit, or are near a potential claim, ever.

Yeah different mining strategies for different people - my bombing runs would rarely be only 39 bombs unless CND...hence why i suggest 33%. Like crafting there are those who like consistent high risk and those happy just to break even in the long run. Each can be successful.

as unL guns have not as good eco as the same gun but (L)imited, Im sure its the same with unL OAs and (L) OAs.

And what if you hit belcar or lyst? How much time it will kill a hof on lyst? And I bet you will get on the long run some of those to.

You really are a hardcore hunter and not a miner :silly2: There's plenty of places where the low tt ores can't be found, and the addition of an imp excavator cuts down mining time a lot.

You really are a hardcore hunter and not a miner :silly2: There's plenty of places where the low tt ores can't be found, and the addition of an imp excavator cuts down mining time a lot.

And these places are also usually not so close to TPs so one will end in neverending cycle of repairs & tping. don't get me wrong, it's still great tool for CND but not really for calypso with so limited number of drops. (unless one will also buy unL 104,103 :drool:)

Ah anyway it was sold for ~200k AFAIK so it's still worth it. unless it got better or ores got higher markup.

lol!

Show me a hunter with imp fap and mod merc willing to be a miner instead. :)

Even if in theory it can save up to 1k ped a day, that is not completely true in real life. because if you hit a claim, you have to dig it up. And what if you hit belcar or lyst? How much time it will kill a hof on lyst? And I bet you will get on the long run some of those to.

On the other hand, you need to spend lot of time selling your resources and managing assets.

Mining is not as fun as hunting for many players.
It is the best amp in game at this time and it can be a tool for profit. Or for huge loses. So your target is an experienced miner that can usually profit. He could make the most of it.
The price... I would say more than 200k... How much more is just about how much is willing to pay a potential buyer. The market is not full with people willing to buy and use such a toy. A reseller may go for more, because if you can w8 long enough, is expected to go up in value because is only one. But if one more amp will drop... :laugh:

A full time miner can easily drop 1k bombs per day AND pull the claims found (Most full time miners have Imp Excavator)

And the buyer of the ul OA105 wont just be using it for 50-100 bombs per day...

A full time miner can easily do 1000 bombs per day and tp'ing back after the amp is broken is a slight inconvenience at worst.

Squall is also a potential bidder/buyer but maybe someone has a better offer then he will make.

So far my highest offer has been 320k.

Ill be deciding what to do with it soon so please keep the discussion going :)

Interesting to see how ppl see savings as profit, this amp alow u to mine 5X faster, that's all, if u can break even without amp u will probably do ok with this amp too, if u lose without amp u'll lose 5X more with this amp.
In the end of the year u have big chances to end up even, u had great fun, scored a alot of globals but that's all, u can end up with as much u have in the start of the year.

Yes UL amps have same decay as limited

Dude, they are willing to sell a house for a modfap

Ceise the opportunity while its still there :laugh:

I.

Interesting to see how ppl see savings as profit, this amp alow u to mine 5X faster, that's all, if u can break even without amp u will probably do ok with this amp too

That's a valid argument, but you don't want to run around unamped with a big markup finder like tk320 or higher.

Its a great tool, and in the right hands its possible to make insane profits with it.

If you have a med/moderate tp chip u can reach everything in about 1 jump so thats easy and u can repair/tp in a 2 min.

2 amps per hour with diggin up on average and tping storing ores. So 8-10 hours a day If you dont have a RL fulltime job is doable.

But I still think you will have a hard time making enough money to sustain urself irl with it unless u already got enough money and are a serious addict :)

guys, those unlimited amps worth alot for few reasons,

first is, the saving money reason, which is the most important, use it right and use it alot, and all u need to do is how to mine for breakeven with a limited amp, if u know that, with unlimited amp u make insane profit.

second is, rarity, ppl like rarity and rare add price.

but to be honset the reason i bought myself the oa104 (for damn alot....)
is..... its valiue isnt determaned by how many of it are out there, its only determended by the (L) version price, so even when counting on the L version to be really cheap, like 110% (which is impossible even if ppl buy resources for it at TT price) it still saves u some 150-200 peds a day, the oa105, even more, so techincally valiue can just increase, (while ores are gaining markup, and the oa(L) chaning its valiues),

this is one of the very few items in PE that gain its price from effectivness mostly and not rarity.
if i had the cash i would give his 350k in a heartbeat, i dont even think i would sell my oa104 for that, so oa105? selling for less than 500k is a mistake i think

as unL guns have not as good eco as the same gun but (L)imited, Im sure its the same with unL OAs and (L) OAs.

LOL you didn't even make it through page one, kudos for laziness :D (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...rum/113612-i-have-not-read-past-page-1-a.html).

Interesting to see how ppl see savings as profit, this amp alow u to mine 5X faster,

Mod FAP, IMk2, and A10x are all about savings (and speed), too...

Besides the amp markup saved, UL mining amps save on finder markup, which can be quite significant in the case of big finders.

its valiue isnt determaned by how many of it are out there, its only determended by the (L) version price

this is one of the very few items in PE that gain its price from effectivness mostly and not rarity.

I'm sorry but mining amps are no different than any other uber item in these points.

1. While perhaps true semantically, the price is definitely determined by the number of them and the number of players (the exact point that was made earlier in the thread when Bluefire said he doubted he could find anyone to put up the estimate i made)
  2. UL mining amps save due to efficiency over the baseline. Mod FAP, IMk2, A10x, and UL HL8 save due to efficiency over the baseline. I'm not sure how you came up with that idea...

You said "mostly" at the end, so i can see that the fact that the time to recoup is less for the mining amps than some of these other items, agreed, but it's all the same spectrum.

Mod FAP, IMk2, and A10x are all about savings (and speed), too...

Besides the amp markup saved, UL mining amps save on finder markup, which can be quite significant in the case of big finders.

Is hard to compare a Mod fap with a OA105 ;), mining over and over again is not something fun in my book, this tool is for ppl that dont have a RL job(at this price), but then it is comes the question: how the heck would they pay 50k for it if they dont have a job ?
I dont find it a nice job to be professional miner in EU, and u can loose big time with this amp too, u must have very good mining knowledge to be able to make profits all the time.
Try urself to mine for a while with some 105 and dont count markup of them(just for the experiment), I'm very interested to see if u can "break even".
Is a great tool, allow u to mine with low risks, but I dont think is a money printer.

Is hard to compare a Mod fap with a OA105 ;), mining over and over again is not something fun in my book, this tool is for ppl that dont have a RL job(at this price), but then it is comes the question: how the heck would they pay 50k for it if they dont have a job ?

Well that's the real trick, for sure. i guess that's why the point keeps coming up.

I dont find it a nice job to be professional miner in EU, and u can loose big time with this amp too, u must have very good mining knowledge to be able to make profits all the time.
Try urself to mine for a while with some 105 and dont count markup of them(just for the experiment), I'm very interested to see if u can "break even".
Is a great tool, allow u to mine with low risks, but I dont think is a money printer.

I'm not saying i could make money with it, just that saving PEDs is always what amounts to profit. (And i also don't find mining to be a "nice job". ;)) Once you pass the magical "break even" threshold, you're in profit land.

I have several soc mates who profit from mining, all of the time. Not that they don't have bad runs, but their return after markup over a week or two is always positive. Give one of them this amp and they could profit several times as much in the same time.

You think Squalx (never remember how that's spelled, sorry) isn't profiting? :rofl:

Back