Respect is EVERYTHING!!! - Don't lose it! - Kunrad Solo Reez

Status

SunnyS

Old Alpha
Society
Sanctuary
Sunny 'SunG' Day
I hate to do this here but I am quite disappointed and angry for someone I thought I could trust.

'Kunrad Solo Reez' started chatting me up when I was hitting some nice HoFs 3-4 weeks back. I had known him for a while and honestly thought he was an upstanding genuine guy from our conversations. He was doing a bit hard Crafting (Gambling) that day, which I do as well and he asked me for some PEDS without any collateral. I know that I have been in situations where I would really like to play and have taken loans from people (which I have ALWAYS paid back ON the date promised) ... so I felt sorry for the guy and had a little bit of extra peds to help out. So I agreed - screenshot below.

I must qualify it is not a huge amount and I am not writing this because of the money but the whole principle of it. I have a bunch of emails back and forth from him that I don't want to post here and expose his privacy ... but after being back and forth for a few weeks, he asked me to put something on Auction so he can come and buy it to transfer the funds just in case I am not online. I have even done that and it is almost time for that to expire as well.

The thing that really pissed me off is he had money ON THE DAY he promised to pay me back as I was watching him craft all day long while I was at work (on mobile - Entropialife) ... and yet he logged off as soon as I logged in.

Even then I gave him the benefit of the doubt and numerous other options just so he can keep his word. Now he has even stopped replying to my email after he asked me to put the item on Auction.

PAY YOUR DEBTS PEOPLE. DON'T BE DODGY!

<pic removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Gambling is a drug, and drugs make people do stupid things..

Don't do drugs guys

Well yes rep is important, however so is getting collateral for anything you lend. Why not ask the person for a gun or armor or something they have and then they can get that back once you get you peds...otherwise you sell it. Its unlikely they had nothing at all in storage, most likely has a ton of things, even CLD or AUD or an estate, just something.

Also to note, anyone could do this, then disappear for a few years (logging in every so often to keep account active) and then do it again to someone else. By that time their rep may have been forgotten about, etc.

Moral of the story, just like you should consider any deposit into this game as lost (until you manage a withdraw), you should consider anything you give to someone else gone. If you don't get collateral, its your own fault.

You're not the only one he is borrowing ped from, or trying. Seems like he has a gambling addiction problem.

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry."

- Polonius
Hamlet Act 1, scene 3, 75–77

My first 3 rules when it comes to gambling:

1. Don't lend or borrow
2. Don't lend or borrow
3. Don't lend or borrow

The above three rules includes friends, btw.

Well yes rep is important, however so is getting collateral for anything you lend. Why not ask the person for a gun or armor or something they have and then they can get that back once you get you peds...otherwise you sell it. Its unlikely they had nothing at all in storage, most likely has a ton of things, even CLD or AUD or an estate, just something.

Also to note, anyone could do this, then disappear for a few years (logging in every so often to keep account active) and then do it again to someone else. By that time their rep may have been forgotten about, etc.

Moral of the story, just like you should consider any deposit into this game as lost (until you manage a withdraw), you should consider anything you give to someone else gone. If you don't get collateral, its your own fault.

Did you see the screenshot and read the post? I did ask for collateral and I am also not concerned about the money ... just the principle of it .. so why is it my own fault ? ... geez.

dont borrow :)) sure, ppls gave me imp faps , mod fap , imk2 and shit. Sometimes i didnt even ask for them.

Why would u give peds to someone who is crafting and getting 90-95% return lets say long term ...wont ever profit...its just dumb.

Don't do drugs guys

From Another thread 08-16-2016, 07:24 (almost a year ago):

Hello.

Well. It's me. I admit it. Things got a little crazy in my life, and we'll the quest for a ep4 ath kinda ruined a lot of things.

I have failed investments in EU. My account is now banned and I have just lost 9 years of investment and a lot of nice skills and some items in the bank.
(...)
Just to confirm. Everyone who invested did it with a 30 to 40 percent return on investment. So the please save the tears, and admit it, we are all gamblers and risk takers here. And we are all greedy.

I will get all your ped to you. I promise. K.

When a random player (often appears to be a beginner) asks to borrow Money "for ammo" I ask how he's goign to return it. Then I make clear that hunting isn't guaranteed profit, and it's a bad idea to borrow Money if he doesn't have a good plan to pay it back, and I advice him to use a bank instead.

Last edited:
Did you see the screenshot and read the post? I did ask for collateral and I am also not concerned about the money ... just the principle of it .. so why is it my own fault ? ... geez.

Asking for and getting collateral are two different things. I see a screen shot of you giving someone a free 1000ped. You might as well put it on the ground for someone to pick up and hope they return the favor some day. There is a reason why MA say all trades are final.

In the end, you didn't make sure that you got collateral, that's why it is your fault. All you needed to do was a quick check on this forum for the many many many stories of people not getting collateral and then complaining about it. Ive given ped and items to people myself on loan, with no collateral, however i consider those gone as soon as the trade completes. If i get them back great, if i don't then i know not to trust that person again.

However I also don't loan or give out items/ped to people that start chatting me up as soon as i start hitting it big and I definitely don't give it to people that only started talking to me a month ago. I also don't start threads saying such and such never returned my item/ped, etc. I just know it's my own fault and I accept that.

Really this whole thing was shady from the start, but again you didn't do your homework so you only have yourself to blame.

Also i think you need to read the forum rules regarding naming and shaming:

2.13 - Scamming Accusation

Accusations of scamming that name specific real-world persons, Entropia Universe avatars or PlanetCalypsoForum.com members are NOT permitted. Providing other identifying information about accused persons or avatars is also not permitted, such as but not limited to: society names, nicknames, owned gear, equipment, estates, etc. Such threads or posts will be edited, deleted or locked without notice. For more info on the purpose of this rule, please see this thread: Rationale for the "no naming and shaming" forum rule.

Asking for and getting collateral are two different things. I see a screen shot of you giving someone a free 1000ped. You might as well put it on the ground for someone to pick up and hope they return the favor some day. There is a reason why MA say all trades are final.

In the end, you didn't make sure that you got collateral, that's why it is your fault. All you needed to do was a quick check on this forum for the many many many stories of people not getting collateral and then complaining about it. Ive given ped and items to people myself on loan, with no collateral, however i consider those gone as soon as the trade completes. If i get them back great, if i don't then i know not to trust that person again.

However I also don't loan or give out items/ped to people that start chatting me up as soon as i start hitting it big and I definitely don't give it to people that only started talking to me a month ago. I also don't start threads saying such and such never returned my item/ped, etc. I just know it's my own fault and I accept that.

Really this whole thing was shady from the start, but again you didn't do your homework so you only have yourself to blame.

Firstly, if you want to stress on the point of blaming me thats fine. You sound like one of those amazing people that blame women wearing short skirts of being molested because its their fault.

Yes, my fault is that I trust people, which I will keep on doing not just because you seem to see the world from a bad angle.

Also i think you need to read the forum rules regarding naming and shaming:

2.13 - Scamming Accusation

Accusations of scamming that name specific real-world persons, Entropia Universe avatars or PlanetCalypsoForum.com members are NOT permitted. Providing other identifying information about accused persons or avatars is also not permitted, such as but not limited to: society names, nicknames, owned gear, equipment, estates, etc. Such threads or posts will be edited, deleted or locked without notice. For more info on the purpose of this rule, please see this thread: Rationale for the "no naming and shaming" forum rule.

If you can read the terms, you can clearly see I didn't 'accuse' him of 'scamming' anywhere in the post and I clearly show that I gave him the money on his words and wanted him to keep his word and respect. So again if you want to take out your anger and self righteousness do it somewhere else. I dont care about the money neither do I care if this is blocked because I cant get in touch with the guy who clearly admitted about his mistakes in another post which I wasn't aware of.

It's a two-way problem:
- Lending out PEDs without collateral
- Borrow Money from someone and staying away when it's time to repay it

The fact that it's not a good idea to lend out something without collateral isn't "higher" than it is to borrow thousands of PEDs from someone and then not appear to intend to return it.

It's like parking an unlocked bike outside a store to get a newspaper and someone runs away with the bike: It was careless to park bike outside the shop unlocked. But the fault is still with the bicycle thief who took the bike without asking (and most likely not doing any efford to get it back to the owner).

And, well, if the bike was stolen because the thief owed the local mafia tons of Money for a poker debt, it means that the thief have gambling problems. (Well and now a mafia problem.) If you need to borrow money (more money than you have a plan to repay) for gambling you *should* realize you have a problem and realize that gambling isn't a money-Printing industry, and stop doing it. And repay all debts Before doing one more act of gambling.

Oh man, this Kunrad guy again. Why do people keep falling for this stuff?... As far as I'm concerned he is in my no-no list of shitty people to never deal with, ever.

Maybe it's a cultural thing but none of the people I really consider friends have ever asked for anything other than very small things like borrowing the portable repair for a sec or something like that.

Sorry this happened to you but on the bright side if could have been a lot more and maybe he pays you back (soon I hope).

uhhh, how naive can you be?

Lending money to gambler?!? :scratch2:

Same problem here... he is top crafter and i am help him when he ask me... but...

here is his email reply:

От кого: Richard Rees
Кому: Сергей Жиряков
Дата: Вторник, 16 августа 2016, 7:31 +06:00
Тема: Re: Re[6]: Koteg

Well. My account got banned. So I am fighting it but, it's bad. So, do you know anyone with PayPal?
On 18 Jul 2016 1:26 AM, "Сергей Жиряков" wrote:

Hi, friend.

Any news for me?

I got married and now I need the money for a honeymoon. It would be great if you return in the near future.

Четверг, 19 мая 2016, 16:01 +06:00 от Richard Rees:

Hello Sir.

My wife informed me that you were worried about payment. I am sorry for the delay, I get paid next month for 3 months of hard labour.

Please be assured that I will pay you the money.

Richard.
On 16 May 2016 12:29 pm, "Сергей Жиряков" wrote:

Hi Richard. your wife return me 7000 ped.

But what about another 10 000 ped, will you return it in ped too or bank transfer? i can accept any

Пятница, 13 мая 2016, 20:34 +06:00 от Richard Rees:

I am sorry. I have been a bad friend to you. Scared to reply. I will send some next week. Small amount. Then more. Please check.
On 13 May 2016 9:26 pm, "Сергей Жиряков" wrote:

Hi friend,

i still not received any payment.

When can you send? i need this money.

Пятница, 29 января 2016, 23:55 +06:00 от Richard Rees :

P. S
Send me account info and I will send small amount next week to make sure it works. If fail I will western union in Feb.
On 30 Jan 2016 00:51, "Richard Rees" wrote:

Hello.

My wife just call me and say you messaged her in game, she will not reply to you on game. She is angry with me. We are not together at the moment. I am in India working. She said money was refused by bank transfer due to anti money laundering and no thinks I am mixed up in bad things.

Wife and I not talking at the moment very much. I will send you 500 at end of Feb from my UK account. And same in March and April. So 1500 all up.

I won't play eu until June, no pc here on site.

Sorry I had a rough time in rl.

K.
On 29 Jan 2016 23:10, "Сергей Жиряков" wrote:

Hi, mate.

I stil don't receive any transfer from you and i am worry about my money, here is crysis in Russia now and i am really need this money now, please answer me.

С уважением,
Сергей Жиряков

Last edited:

Don't do drugs guys

Drugs are fine, stop beeing silly :laugh:

Lending money to gambler is not a really smart. You should consider it as a donation, not a loan.

When u ask someone u dont know very well for a loan its obvious u have to give some item worth the sum u are asking for as as loan guarantee. Anything can happen to u and u wont be able to give back the money, so the other side should feel secure. So if someone asks u for any amount of money without giving anything back u are making a gift. It might return, but the chance is not too high.

With gambling its really easy!

Expect every PEC used for gambling as a loss.
Do only gamble with money you can afford to lose.

Gambling with borrowed money you can´t afford to lose, so you should not do that.

Thats the gamblers side.

So if I know that, I never would give money to a gambler in EU, and there it doesn´t matte if it is a crafter/miner or hunter.

I invested some PED (give it to other player without colateral) , but this guy is doing a business not gambling.
Additionally he is paying interest on the money I gave to him, and he can do that because his business plan is good and works.

Just my thoughts about borrowing/lending money in EU.

I never give away anything without colateral, that exceeds a recent amount of PED value (included MU).
If I do and get scammed I can take that loss easy and learned one more person I should not trust.
Beside that even if I borrowed some money to someone several times and he always paid back in time, I would still be very suspicious if this person starts asking for higher amounts of PED, as this could lead to a very expencive trust scam on the long run (happened to often in EU).

I guess he went...

SOLO on this one.

giphy.gif

Awwww yeaaaaaahhhhhhhh:cool:

I'm glad it's only 1k you lost and not more

sry but i don't understand ...

...it's a "Game of Thrones" reference...I reckon u don't watch it mate? You're in for a treat if u do.. .good stuff.. .unlike op's concerns...sry to hear, but seems u dealing with an addict indeed... :(

If you can read the terms, you can clearly see I didn't 'accuse' him of 'scamming' anywhere in the post and I clearly show that I gave him the money on his words and wanted him to keep his word and respect. So again if you want to take out your anger and self righteousness do it somewhere else. I dont care about the money neither do I care if this is blocked because I cant get in touch with the guy who clearly admitted about his mistakes in another post which I wasn't aware of.

/mod note/

Perhaps not explicitly a 'scamming' accusation, however there is also this to consider:
Forum Rules said:
2.3 - Personal Disputes
Personal issues between individuals or societies should NOT be debated in the public forum areas and are not permitted. Such threads will be removed without notice, since they often promote an escalation of rudeness, insults, and flaming. If you feel that another member has attacked you unfairly, send a private message to a forum moderator or administrator. If you feel that an Entropia Universe participant has wronged, defrauded or harassed you, file a support case at PlanetCalypso.com.

In addition, the screenshot in the OP contains an ingame PM, so has been removed from the post, and the PCF Gallery:
Forum Rules said:
2.6 - Private Communication
Posting the content from a private communication in a publicly viewable area of PlanetCalypsoForum is NOT permitted. Private communications include any medium where the involved parties have a reasonable expectation of privacy, such as: emails, chat logs, instant messenger logs, private messages, private society forum posts, private social group posts, reputation comments, etc. Such private communications are to remain private, not shared with third parties. Any such private communication content posted on PlanetCalypsoForum will be deleted without notice.

While I understand the anger and frustration when agreements don't work out as hoped, personal disputes like this shouldn't be dragged onto the forum to try to put pressure on the other person. Keep it in the game please.

:locked:

Status
Back