Retiring from the TP run and Map Making business...

Stave

Deactivated Account
eta_group_photoversion_1_355804.jpg

Just over three years ago, as a 2 year old player I had the idea of doing some tp runs, as something to break up my grinding. Was organized in a simple way, that I take some noobs and dodge the mobs. Figured I had got most of the tp's that way myself, I could help others too. I noticed most tp runs prior to this were unscheduled and spontaneous. So I also threw up a schedule.

On my third tour, a player known as Ion appeared and offered to help, told me how years ago he had done something similar, so from there on, we began recruiting more hunters who were looking for something to break the grinding up, who were interested in helping new players out.

To start with we would just ask the newbie's what tp's they had and then travelled until I had to go, or no one was left. And from there on we began to identify problems with tp runs, and worked on fixing them.

After our first few months, a nice sized base team was formed and we began to think about branding and developing a system. I got in touch with people like Alice In Wonderland to see if they was willing to contribute their expertise into getting a smooth system running.

Before we knew it, we was able to operate a smooth tp run with very few issues. The open ended tour length was one of the last things to go, once we ended up on a 14 hour tp run and some guards went to bed woke up and joined us again in the process. Really was crazy.

Beyond that we started doing set routes and tour lengths, one of my favourite was one not on the maps CRT had developed, from pa, right up north to Hades. Was a fun route as it passed an umbranoid camp. Simon the guide even joined us on that route once too and used his uber official gun to go crazy on anything moving.

From there on we added things such as resurrections and wormholes to add to the overall experience, and throughout it all was more and more deliberately going through tough mobs we knew we could handle, put on a show, and keep all newbie's alive.

When cry engine 2 came, everything changed, all of a sudden we had no revive maps, so out of need I ended up creating a number of maps for our use. Accidentally these ended up replacing the crt maps. From there on I ended up maintaining the most accurate maps for calypso.

Some of the challenges presented to us after ce2 were population booms, when cp sold, calypso couldn't handle the amount of incoming players and they were stuck at ti, so then we did shuttle runs to neas through the whole weekend, sometimes 30 newbie's at a time and helped get them to a more useful destination, ended up shifting over 200 new players. When cnd was sold we did a flight shuttle service to spread the population out a bit down to neas to prevent pa from being full.

We also helped the sga guides with tp run events and had unique tp running slacks handed out at the end of the tours.

When vehicles were introduced we rose to the challenge and adapted as you must, provided tours for all kinds of methods of transport, as well as running. The problem was it lost the soul of tp running, was just get from point a to be and not a adventure where we show them the game.

To address that I managed to find the perfect balance of all modes of tour where it retains the life and soul of group tp running. And this was tried and perfected this may when eta helped arkadia studios and the arkadia advisers with celebrating one year as a planet.

As the time went by many things changed, in the world, in eu and myself. As you must. During all of this, I ended up discovering the community, and the social aspect of eu, I helped launch atlas haven radio and jamhot radio, I also got into video production and many other developments.

I have now reached a point where I feel that these tasks I had taken up, and never imagined would become so big, are getting in the way of other productive and creative things that I want to work on which contribute to my future irl.

I also feel it's time to move on. Something I've tried to avoid but failed, is the fact it has begun to feel like work, that I'm expected to keep maps going and so on, the tours and maps have ended up taking over 99% of all my time in eu, and for many reasons, I can no longer justify such time spent this way.

So I have come to the conclusion it is time that I retire from the tp run and mapping business. This has been an amazing chapter in my life and I wouldn't want it any other way. This isn't goodbye tho, many of my plans involve eu, and I've taken up mining, and intend to continue to rescue people with my soc CRT.

In the comming weeks i will shuffle around my websites, and the maps will be archived at stavepetty.com, Entropiatouragency.com and entropiamaps.com will redirect to stavepetty.com. Untill that happens, the old links are avalible from entropiamaps.com.

If you are intrested in picking up the map work where you left off, please pm me and we can arrange something, i was going to upload and link here but it ended up being a 2 GB file.

Throughout the years many people have helped make this all possible, I will try to mention as many as I am able to, to say thank you and give credit where it is due. I apologize if I've missed anyone out.

Thank you everyone for being such a wonderful community, and most of all thank you to every single person who has ever helped eta on any level, joined our tours and recommended the service to anyone.

It really has been an amazing ride.

Over and out,

Stave Petty

Thank you to everyone who has helped ETA, list in no particular order (sorry if I'm missing someone): Atlan Ion Leticron, Patrick Irish O'Hara, Benjamin Ben Coyote, Tengu Yama Mono, Tomas T79x Hope, Juniper Jaywalker Jones, Adam Wantsome Beer, Alice In Wonderland, Boblong Tacoman Johnson, Brainslav Bumbar Zivkovic, Brian Sledge Hammer, Chris Aandar Shank, Claire Lee Delioncourt, Dai Bonescrolls Bodatta, DTF The Prophet, Ea Aia Nou, Emerald Emma Abaddon, Exodus Ex Oehm, Faye Ranpha Natsumi, Alex Fishface Walton, Fille Ghostman Home, Gallyon Luckycharm Sundstrand, Jane Huelda Daggerthuggert, John Hawk Connor, Judy JD Dorchester, Kilya Kilyabel Maroucha, Kira Red Star-Rigger, Lady Nadie Hawke, Mark Rufen Power, Mark WeatherWitch Roberts, Max Erdes Jino, Mikkel Cowfoot Esteves, Nokira Kira Mitsuhito, Nysser Xentric Hithsage, Omega Dan Prime, Parlog Parlog Gothakaur, Pauhe Cybertrash Gunor, Pirx Dan Danford, Simon The Guide, SashaSD Sash Lomas, Samuel Sam Panda, SHIVA SHAN SHANTI, Spike Sp1k3 Mangoid, Sue Suzy Timbrell, Tiny Dancer Cheryl, Robin RAZER Deurloo, Naiomi Concubine Scott, Peter Observer Candu, Rebekah Beki Viera, Baalat LaDiosa Phoenician, Daniel Switch Booth, Dreka Spitfire Blanche, Drufje Blackavatar Random, III- Madich -III, Jeracolkos Heral Leighkori, Joshua Jot Avarius, Kawika Joker Aaron, Mrusha Mr Hump Humpeldink, Pyrus DL Bindo, Stacy Burnz Burns, Summer Yulia Summers, Zelgais Zel Greyworth, Magic PSD Touch, Raymond Silo Hitchcock, Marcus Kaine Kaine

Last edited:
Big thanks from the community for all that you have done. We appreciate it. Hopefully this retirement will lead to a much more long term real world job for you.

its a sad day for EU, but i feel similar in several things, as you know

you pulled quite something off out of basically nothing in an amazingly low time frame
it was pretty impressive

the tours were even overprotected and hilariously save for newbies :D
it were fun times

good to still have you around tho
but at the point it becomes work it may indeed be time to move on :)

good luck on your other projects

You did an amazing thing with fun times that will be missed. Just wish I'd helped out more often :yup:

You'll be back on a tour again soon :)

Does'nt have to be work, if it can be fun.
Summertimes always been a lul on tp runs, but i'll join again, if and when one goes ahead :)

Always prefered the calypso ones though, as I knew the mobs and what direction to run :)

You did so much for the game and the community with ETA, there aren't really enough thanks to say, and to all who ever helped out. Life does change of course, so best of luck with whatever projects you spend more time on now, ingame and in life.

Thanks for all you did in partnership with me and the AAs doing the Arkadia Anniversary event series, it was work sure, but it was well worth it, and brought back good memories of all the exploration, friendship, fun, and great ways for newcomers to learn about the game the tp runs offer, with and without vehicles.

Good luck my friend :)

Well hopefully with all your free grinding time we'll see your name in bright purple lights regularly!

Thanks for your contributions to the community.

Menace

Greetings to you, Stave. I think we met one or two times in the past. Thank you for all that work you put in! You are the kind of folks we need here in game.

... enjoy the retirement - lol

Thanks for everything Stave...

Queen kind of said it best..

Empty spaces - what are we living for?
Abandoned places - I guess we know the score..
On and on!
Does anybody know what we are looking for?

Another hero - another mindless crime.
Behind the curtain, in the pantomime.
Hold the line!
Does anybody want to take it anymore?
The Show must go on!
The Show must go on!Yeah!
Inside my heart is breaking,
My make-up may be flaking,
But my smile, still, stays on!

you did a great job, thanks for the memories.

You have contributed so much , EU is a better place because of your work and you

Its the work of people like you helping others selflessly that define community, thanks for all the good work and gl in future :)

Sucks that the game has shuffled another fun activity out the door. That 14 hour to run was REALLY fun (I think you and I were the only two to stick out the whole run). I still think about those trips. Would be nice for MA to make ETA into a mission chain with no vehicles allowed, and base it off the ETA spider web. What do you think? Petition!

Thanks for all your responses,

Intrest has been shown in continuing the maps, so i will work on archiving the photoshop files on my upcoming website, along with details to my techniques.

Once it is done ill make a new thread linking to it, would definately be nice to see someone pick up the baton and continue to provide accurate high quality maps for all.

Sad to hear you are quitting this great service, but I can understand.
It was fun while it lasted I guess

All good things must come to an end. :(

Thanks for all you did, mate.

A sad time

I am sorry to see you retire, you have contributed so much to the community and I am proud to have been a little bit of help (I should have been more). You had an undisputed driving force in getting things done and your work will be missed.

I wish you luck in whatever you pursue in place of what you have done.

I understand to well why you have decided to retire and wish that the game had developed in such a way that the activity of the TP running had not bee destroyed, the game has a huge hole where team building and player support were paramount.

Good luck and thank you.

Sasha

Thank you for all your hard work Stave. :thumbup:

May you have a happy retirement.

Thanks for all the time and hard work. :)

thanks for all the hard work man it's always been appreciated and i totally understand your reasons so dont feel bad or that you let us down. I just got one of those inactivity emails and i was like "screw off i'd love to be playing but i dont have time" .You have done amazing work. Please keep us up to date on what new things you are working on though.

Sad to see you go. You have made your mark in PE/EU history.

All the best , brother. Many of us will still be noob today without your maps :lolup:

Time changes, the game has changed, some activities are destroyed but new things are coming. I hope that EU will have your contribution in the future,.

Thank you Sir for your great work for EU community. Your maps are still a must link for any newbie.
Good luck with future plans.

Many thanks for the excellent contribution you have given to EU!! :yay: I wish you some great luck for your mining and any future endeavours you will partake in!! Ty again!! :beerchug:

I guess all good things must come to an end was a real blast taking part in the runs always very social.

Enjoy your retirement :D

Good luck with your next projects, will cya in game
Hawk.

ahh the tp runs ... the adventure!
ahh the umbranoid camp
ahh Simon the guide and his uber go crazy on anything moving gun
ahh the resurrections and wormholes
ahh the ppl i met, the fun we had (w/o peds!) it's what made EU great, do the ppl running it today even know?

ahh EU getting in the way of rl

ahh the memories
ahh what can i say
ahh Stave
ahh

gl out there irl, hope you have minimum as much fun as on those adventures in EU

Back