Return of the GOLDEN AGE

Status
maybe you extend the event for 2months to raise more income??

Or stick by their word and pay out prizes regardless what the total value of the income is during the event period, that would be the honourable thing to do.

Medusa was bought for peanuts anyway which included DNA's. I'm sure the LA's have done exceptionally well since the first purchase.

Agreeing to any possible extension just prolongs the event indefinitely (there will be one extension followed by another, then another).

Neas, must have paid for itself over and over and over. I do not accept the LA's owners are having a bad time at all.

Personally I think putting a gentle "feeler" out that they might be struggling, to see how the community might respond and gauge their next move, is a somewhat below the belt.

Many people tell me prizes have been pulled in the past on such events. The LA's can do what they want, memories however remain.

Lets see what happens, not going to lose sleep over it that's for sure.

Rick

New globals

Chiisan Chii Myamoto (Ambulimax Young) worth 103 PED at Nea's Place
Chiisan Chii Myamoto (Ambulimax Young) worth 101 PED at Nea's Place
Archie Atlantis Sims (Lysterium Stone) worth 93 PED at New Switzerland
Gallyon Luckycharm Sundstrand (Sumima Young) worth 62 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island
Haceldema Hac Virii (Scipulor Young) worth 52 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island

Note: new globals are only posted once every 12 hours.
If you don't see your global check the entrylist before contacting me. This is the list that matters.

New globals

Steve Mischief Sunderland (Argonaut Young) worth 91 PED at New Switzerland
Christoffer Ferial Ahlgren (Ambulimax Young) worth 86 PED at Nea's Place
Jabez JAG Groove (Scipulor Young) worth 206 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island
Daniel Danimal Diep (Sumima Young) worth 144 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island
Daniel Danimal Diep (Sumima Young) worth 68 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island
Jabez JAG Groove (Scipulor Young) worth 60 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island
Daniel Danimal Diep (Sumima Young) worth 58 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island
Archie Atlantis Sims (Zinc Stone) worth 194 PED at New Switzerland
Jabez JAG Groove (Scipulor Young) worth 58 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island
Daniel Danimal Diep (Sumima Young) worth 62 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island
Daniel Danimal Diep (Sumima Young) worth 149 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island

If you don't see your global check the entrylist before contacting me. This is the list that matters.

New globals

Christoffer Ferial Ahlgren (Ambulimax Young) worth 92 PED at Nea's Place
Jabez JAG Groove (Scipulor Young) worth 53 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island
living it large (Sumima Young) worth 69 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island
Archie Atlantis Sims (Ares Head) worth 397 PED at New Switzerland
Jabez JAG Groove (Scipulor Young) worth 50 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island
Steffen Stelgim Josefsen (Ambulimax Mature) worth 162 PED at Nea's Place
Archie Atlantis Sims (Garcen Grease) worth 113 PED at New Switzerland
Jabez JAG Groove (Scipulor Young) worth 146 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island
Jabez JAG Groove (Scipulor Young) worth 68 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island
Archie Atlantis Sims (Melchi Water) worth 82 PED at New Switzerland
Daniel Danimal Diep (Sumima Young) worth 58 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island
Daniel Danimal Diep (Sumima Young) worth 50 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island
Chiisan Chii Myamoto (Ambulimax Young) worth 79 PED at Nea's Place
Chiisan Chii Myamoto (Ambulimax Young) worth 57 PED at Nea's Place
Jabez JAG Groove (Scipulor Young) worth 59 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island
Jabez JAG Groove (Scipulor Young) worth 52 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island
Jabez JAG Groove (Scipulor Young) worth 82 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island
Daniel Danimal Diep (Sumima Young) worth 154 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island

!register Denis Deniss Sustak

New globals

The Shadow Knight (Ambulimax Young) worth 64 PED at Nea's Place
Steffen Stelgim Josefsen (Ambulimax Young) worth 93 PED at Nea's Place
Steffen Stelgim Josefsen (Ambulimax Young) worth 91 PED at Nea's Place
Jabez JAG Groove (Scipulor Young) worth 50 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island
Jabez JAG Groove (Scipulor Young) worth 51 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island
Dai BoneScrolls Bodatta (Ambulimax Young) worth 73 PED at Nea's Place

Understandably there seem to be a great deal of discussions going on after my previous post.

Regarding tax numbers and global speculations: event income is the income brought by the event. This does not include the base income from regular activity. If there is a general suspicion to the numbers perhaps we could simply do a screen-share to clear that up. (Numbers are now readily available in the new income management system ingame).

As I am but one of 12 shareholders in Medusa I do not make these events, nor decisions myself. I have discussed the case with great care with my team and we see two paths ahead.

Alternative 1:
End the event on schedule as announced with the estimated ~70k PED generated by the event in the prize pool. This basically means pulling back the prizes and handing out pure peds instead.

Alternative 2:
Postpone the events for 2 more months and guarantee the first prize free choice of all items. With this choice we will guarantee 100% the first prize, but probably pull or reduce the second prize accordingly.

The investor in me prefers option 1, but the event organizer in me prefers option 2. What do you guys think? We really want to step on as few toes as needed here..

Regarding tax numbers and global speculations: event income is the income brought by the event. This does not include the base income from regular activity. If there is a general suspicion to the numbers perhaps we could simply do a screen-share to clear that up. (Numbers are now readily available in the new income management system ingame).

Do you mean loot from an unregistered hunter is not included in the prize pool?

Return of the golden joke...lol

Thx to all participants...lolz will post the pic of my new BMW soon!
Thx again my fans, quetesh says thx also!

Robo:monkey:

I guess my vote is for extending the event.

I knew it was too good to be true. :(

Good thing I stayed away from this event :yup:

Understandably there seem to be a great deal of discussions going on after my previous post.

And now I won't hold back....you are full of $#!^. I very clearly asked you in the beginning of the event before it started how you would decide income. When you Stated you would give away up to 95% of income I asked if that would be after normal income and fertilizer cost was removed as well as any costs for advertizing. You very very clearly replied that it would be 95% of total income. OFC my inbox was full and I have since deleted all messages but I am going to be contacting everyone I can to see if this letter can be recovered and expose your lies.

Nate

OK, let me lay this out very clearly for all of you. In my post back on 4/30/2012 @ 8:32 I asked Akoz this question about the prizes on this thread.

Hello, I would like to qualify a few things about the prize payout. When you claim that you will be giving away no less then 95% of the profits from all LA's...does that mean: )Total tax income - Fertilizer cost - Event Costs) x 95%= ? ... Or, (Total tax income - Fert- event costs - "normal daily income without event") x 95% = ?

thanks

Nate

This was Akoz's reply a few posts later at 10:30 of the same day!

Let me try to clarify. If prizes needs to be reduced they will be no less than 95% of the income (not profit) from the land areas and other income brought by the event (for instance single point-events using the ingame event system if any is held). Expenses like fertilizer, advertisement etc will be covered by the remaining 5%.

And now that we get to the end of the event, he changes his mind to this...

Please explain!!!

Last edited:
OK, let me lay this out very clearly for all of you. In my post back on 4/30/2012 @ 8:32 I asked Akoz this question about the prizes on this thread.

This was Akoz's reply a few posts later at 10:30 of the same day!

And now that we get to the end of the event, he changes his mind to this...

Please explain!!!

Any and all income brought by the event goes directly to the event pool (95% stated, but we'll go to 100% on this one.). Income not related to the event does not go to the event pool.

Any and all income brought by the event goes directly to the event pool (95% stated, but we'll go to 100% on this one.). Income not related to the event does not go to the event pool.

What is income not related to the event?

Playing with the idea that I actually hunt...

The base income (average) for said areas before the event started.

So if I hunted there, before the event, all day long. And I now participate in the event, by hunting there all day long. Tax generated from my loot will not count towards the prize pool.

Gotcha.

The base income (average) for said areas before the event started.

I guess what he mean is if the LA's average tax was 100 ped before the event started. Then the tax goes to prize pool would be every day tax-100=prize pool.

Edit: Already explained.

I guess what he mean is if the LA's average tax was 100 ped before the event started. Then the tax goes to prize pool would be every day tax-100=prize pool.

That is absolutely correct.

Here is the bottom line. This is for all intents and purposes a non-profit event seen from my and the investors points of view. We have put down a lot of effort and resources into making something different than the standard win XXX peds a week/month-event. We want to be able to give out real prizes worth real money!

When that is said I am not wealthy IRL (the only money I have there I made from EU), and I am not able to pay out more than what I get in, nor have I been able to convince my coinvestors that that would be a good idea. This is why we put up the disclaimer up front as seen in the first post in this thread.

We really want to be able to give out at least one decent prize, and we have therefor chosen to go for alternative 2 which is to postpone this event with 2 months, and guarantee the 1st prize from this moment on.
If any of the participants disagree with this option please contact me directly as soon as possible, and at the latest by the end of this month meaning tomorrow 23:59.

Edit: Seems the people replying wants option 1. We're fine with that too. Please PM me and tell me which option you prefer.

Last edited:

As I am but one of 12 shareholders in Medusa I do not make these events, nor decisions myself. I have discussed the case with great care with my team and we see two paths ahead.

Alternative 1:
End the event on schedule as announced with the estimated ~70k PED generated by the event in the prize pool. This basically means pulling back the prizes and handing out pure peds instead.

Alternative 2:
Postpone the events for 2 more months and guarantee the first prize free choice of all items. With this choice we will guarantee 100% the first prize, but probably pull or reduce the second prize accordingly.

The investor in me prefers option 1, but the event organizer in me prefers option 2. What do you guys think? We really want to step on as few toes as needed here..

Are you serious? :scratch2:

It was stated at day 1 that the final prize could be reduced if the income didnt reach 95%. Everybody knew it and accepted it.
If you extend the event duration, you change the rule of your event just one day before its end and its very very bad behaviour. Even MA don't do this!

The event was planned to end tomorrow, end it tomorrow. There are concurrent (and quite similar) other events running this month and next as you know.

OK, with 70K you can't give the 1st prize and people are not happy. What about proposing to the winner to "complete" the price, he gives you 20K for the original 1st prize? So the guy will have his ImpFAP or whatever for 20K and you don't loose a PEC.

i understand this.
but i have one question, this is your previous statement:

Here's a head's up of the current status with ~2 weeks to go.

Although the event started great in May and June we really took a hit with the migration in July.
The preliminary event income for the last 4 months are like this:
May : 28 157,24 PED
June: 21 849,67 PED
July: 3 508,57 PED
August: 6850,79 PED (To and including 13th of August)
A total of 60 366,27 PED

Although 18 tax days remain to be added to the end result we are below what we expected. The first two weeks of August are looking much stronger than July, but it seems unlikely we will recover completely from July.

I will need to discuss more with the other parties in the event how to proceed, but the good news is that 60k is absolutely 100% guaranteed as prize pool.

More info coming soon

i imagine base income varies from month to month, and i presume that due to the migration the base income would have dropped considerably event or no event, was this taken into account when calculating income generated by the event or was the "migration drop in activity" taken from the event income?

Maybe two months later, We really want to give those hard-core event participants some really nice prize and not only for the lucky one but two. So we decide to postpone the end date to another 2 months to generate enough fund to given second prize to those hard-core participants :lolup::lolup::lolup:
Couldn't resist sorry.:ahh:

Any and all income over this event was as a rusult of the event!!!! And therfor 95% of total income should be the prize as you clearly stated.

Nate

I totally agree...could not have said it better myself.

Are you serious? :scratch2:

It was stated at day 1 that the final prize could be reduced if the income didnt reach 95%. Everybody knew it and accepted it.
If you extend the event duration, you change the rule of your event just one day before its end and its very very bad behaviour. Even MA don't do this!

The event was planned to end tomorrow, end it tomorrow. There are concurrent (and quite similar) other events running this month and next as you know.

OK, with 70K you can't give the 1st prize and people are not happy. What about proposing to the winner to "complete" the price, he gives you 20K for the original 1st prize? So the guy will have his ImpFAP or whatever for 20K and you don't loose a PEC.

Let the event end when it is supposed to. I like the buyout option.

Let the event end when it is supposed to. I like the buyout option.

I second this. Granted I'm just a lowly miner, don't have nearly as many globals as the hunters... I'd like to move on to another event, or in general another area for a few days, need a change of scenery. I couldn't afford the buyout even if I wanted, but having that option would make it fair enough I believe.

New globals

Mirandax Yanda Zez (Sumima Young) worth 76 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island
Archie Atlantis Sims (Magerian Mist) worth 78 PED at New Switzerland
Chiisan Chii Myamoto (Ambulimax Young) worth 59 PED at Nea's Place
Chiisan Chii Myamoto (Ambulimax Young) worth 117 PED at Nea's Place
Mirandax Yanda Zez (Sumima Young) worth 50 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island
Chiisan Chii Myamoto (Ambulimax Young) worth 57 PED at Nea's Place
Chiisan Chii Myamoto (Ambulimax Young) worth 102 PED at Nea's Place
Syrinx Syri Pureheart (Sumima Young) worth 174 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island
Nika Nikolina Belic (Ambulimax Young) worth 109 PED at Nea's Place
Ben Benster Sterone (Ambulimax Young) worth 52 PED at Nea's Place
Mirandax Yanda Zez (Sumima Young) worth 60 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island
Laban Laban Mann (Scipulor Old Alpha) worth 141 PED at Medusa's Head - Apophis Island
Mirandax Yanda Zez (Sumima Young) worth 53 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island
Seventy 70 Was (Scipulor Young) worth 79 PED at Medusa's Head - Deino Island
Joan Xperia Dárc (Ambulimax Young) worth 93 PED at Nea's Place
Laban Laban Mann (Scipulor Dominant) worth 227 PED at Medusa's Head - Apophis Island
Daniel Danimal Diep (Sumima Young) worth 89 PED at Medusa's Head - Naga Island

i understand this.
but i have one question, this is your previous statement:

i imagine base income varies from month to month, and i presume that due to the migration the base income would have dropped considerably event or no event, was this taken into account when calculating income generated by the event or was the "migration drop in activity" taken from the event income?

There you go. Income was going to drop because it was summer time, and bot and upcoming eomon events, but part of the income from this event is apparently being used to make up for that drop, up to the average income for the year.

I don't care what happens, if I win something I'll pick it up, otherwise I'm out.

Status
Back