Return of the GOLDEN AGE

Status
one of the better ideas

This was a good one, smart, and available to most - for free. Sweet. Hope you made some PED of it, and hope you make another!!

Clearly every avatar (or team) registered for the event was contributing to the event loot. Only loot from non-registered avatars (or teams) should be subtracted.

Should be easy enough to get a feel for the % or participants/non-participants from the info on EL.

That is absolutely correct.

Here is the bottom line. This is for all intents and purposes a non-profit event seen from my and the investors points of view. We have put down a lot of effort and resources into making something different than the standard win XXX peds a week/month-event. We want to be able to give out real prizes worth real money!

When that is said I am not wealthy IRL (the only money I have there I made from EU), and I am not able to pay out more than what I get in, nor have I been able to convince my coinvestors that that would be a good idea. This is why we put up the disclaimer up front as seen in the first post in this thread.

I understand this, it is not the same as a MA run event, and i can only imagine the effort you have put into making this event a success. but with the even now over and the participants waiting for the draw we have no idea what the prizes will be, no idea if there is a second prize or not.
although there are only a few people that have reacted angrily you must know this is being talked about, and i think you can also understand why there are question marks hanging over it because however kindly one looks upon the effort the numbers posted so far look very strange.
i really hope that you have taken into account 3 facts when calculating event income.

1. activity drops in the summer, base income would of dropped in the summer.
2. people that normally hunt on your land would participate in the migration and base income would drop.
3. people that normally hunt on your land already would be the first to register in a event, base income would drop.

the numbers posted earlier in the thread seem to imply that the event participants "paid" for these drops in activity and so far you have said nothing that contradicts this.
i think it would be good for the reputation of these LA's and the investors if these points were addressed before the draw.

I understand this, it is not the same as a MA run event, and i can only imagine the effort you have put into making this event a success. but with the even now over and the participants waiting for the draw we have no idea what the prizes will be, no idea if there is a second prize or not.
although there are only a few people that have reacted angrily you must know this is being talked about, and i think you can also understand why there are question marks hanging over it because however kindly one looks upon the effort the numbers posted so far look very strange.
i really hope that you have taken into account 3 facts when calculating event income.

1. activity drops in the summer, base income would of dropped in the summer.
2. people that normally hunt on your land would participate in the migration and base income would drop.
3. people that normally hunt on your land already would be the first to register in a event, base income would drop.

1. We have adjusted our numbers for season by using the CLD income figures showing overall calypso activity. This also automatically adjusts for non-calypso activities (everyone running to cyrene for instance.)

2 + 3:
In this event we had a total of 6636 globals from registered players. In total in this period there were 11625 globals on the land areas with global tracking (and probably even more on those without global tracking as well). It should therefor be sound to say that a maximum of 57% of the income is likely to be event-related. This is not the way we calculated, but these numbers does correspond well with the results we have. Perhaps this could be a good way to calculate if we do another similar event.

I understand very well the questions arrising, and I agree I could have communicated much better. I take all critique seriously. For now we will focus on the drawing and the prizes. Later we will evaluate the pro's and con's of the event and see what we could do different in our next one.

The prizes will be made public by the end of the day. There will be 1st, 2nd and third prizes.

I think MA's events are far to long and it affects all the land owners and other planets.
Everytime another planet release a big update Caly all of the sudden have shared loots allover the place.
I think u did your best and u have put alot of effort in this event. Next time it might be a good idea to run the event when its not summer/vacation times.

Good luck to the winners, who will probably not be me :D
.001% chance of winning, with 1 global of 6636 total :p

Here's a head's up of the current status with ~2 weeks to go.

Although the event started great in May and June we really took a hit with the migration in July.
The preliminary event income for the last 4 months are like this:
May : 28 157,24 PED
June: 21 849,67 PED
July: 3 508,57 PED
August: 6850,79 PED (To and including 13th of August)
A total of 60 366,27 PED

Although 18 tax days remain to be added to the end result we are below what we expected. The first two weeks of August are looking much stronger than July, but it seems unlikely we will recover completely from July.

I will need to discuss more with the other parties in the event how to proceed, but the good news is that 60k is absolutely 100% guaranteed as prize pool.

More info coming soon

Can you please address the point about migration and what was used for base level income for July and August? If it was the same number as was used in May and June then that seems completely unfair as pointed out by Xen and others. We deserve a direct answer on this point. How much was used for base level income for all months? Migration should have taken base income numbers lower for July and August and not have the ped made up for from Event taxes. It should be roughly an equal ratio of Base level income versus Event level income each month.

Good luck to the winners, who will probably not be me :D
.001% chance of winning, with 1 global of 6636 total :p

you have more chance than that! :)
with 6 globals/hofs i have 0.0904% chance of winning, how can it not be me! :p

We have now gone over the tax numbers a couple of times.

In total in the event period there were 11625 globals on the autotracking-areas.
In this event we had a total of 6636 globals from registered players from all areas.
That mean's over 50% of the activity on these areas came from event participants. These are great numbers!

Alas the numbers were not enough to cover announced prizes. In total we have calculated the income from the event participants to be 65'548 PED. As per the disclaimer in post 1 we therefor have to reduce the prize to this amount. To compensate a little we will add a superior Medusa apartment to first and second prize winners.

The prizes will therefor be:

1st prize: 60'548 PED + Medusa apartment
2nd prize: 5'000 PED + Medusa apartment
3rd prize: Quad-Wing Interceptor (L)

The winners will be drawn using the EuroMillions numbers from Tuesday 4th when the numbers become available here.

Best of luck everybody!

Thanks Akoz.

Good luck everyone!

Hopefully I get one of the lucky numbers :)

We have now gone over the tax numbers a couple of times.

In total in the event period there were 11625 globals on the autotracking-areas.
In this event we had a total of 6636 globals from registered players from all areas.
That mean's over 50% of the activity on these areas came from event participants. These are great numbers!

Alas the numbers were not enough to cover announced prizes. In total we have calculated the income from the event participants to be 65'548 PED. As per the disclaimer in post 1 we therefor have to reduce the prize to this amount. To compensate a little we will add a superior Medusa apartment to first and second prize winners.

1st prize: 60'548 PED + Medusa apartment
2nd prize: 5'000 PED + Medusa apartment
3rd prize: Quad-Wing Interceptor (L)

The winners will be drawn using the EuroMillions numbers from Tuesday 4th when the numbers become available here.

Best of luck everybody!

So 60548 ped or 65548 ped....can u make your mind finally ?

we have now gone over the tax numbers a couple of times.

Alas the numbers were not enough to cover announced prizes. In total we have calculated the income from the event participants to be 65'548 ped. As per the disclaimer in post 1 we therefor have to reduce the prize to this amount. To compensate a little we will add a superior medusa apartment to first and second prize winners.

1st prize: 60'548 ped + medusa apartment
2nd prize: 5'000 ped + medusa apartment
3rd prize: Quad-wing interceptor (l)

the winners will be drawn using the euromillions numbers from tuesday 4th when the numbers become available here.

Best of luck everybody!

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

65548 = 60548 + 5000

I think you'll find it adds up to 1st and 2nd prizes...

Well thats not 100 % clear as one acapit higher word "prize" were used and later "prizes". In first case lok like only 1st place prize reduction not 2nd or 3rd, both 2nd and 3rd or all 3 of them.

I have not received any complaints about the list on the previous page. This list is now considered final and will not be changed even if mistakes should be found later.

The euromillions numbers should be available in a few hours. The winning ticket number should be revealed by taking the concatenated numbers MODULO 6777. (For more formula details see first page).

Best of luck once again!

Well thats not 100 % clear as one acapit higher word "prize" were used and later "prizes". In first case lok like only 1st place prize reduction not 2nd or 3rd, both 2nd and 3rd or all 3 of them.

Yes that. Or else you were just too quick to dream up another reason to whine and complain about the competition. :rolleyes:

In first look it took me about 0.5 seconds to realise the prize pool was split into first and second place, as 5000 PED is nowhere near enough to equal the value of the initially announced 2nd prizes.

I have not received any complaints about the list on the previous page. This list is now considered final and will not be changed even if mistakes should be found later.

The euromillions numbers should be available in a few hours. The winning ticket number should be revealed by taking the concatenated numbers MODULO 6777. (For more formula details see first page).

Best of luck once again!

exciting!!!

Best of luck once again!

And just to clarify 2nd place drawing. Assuming "Joe Blow" wins and he has 50 entries. His entries get pulled out, everyone else gets shuffled up the list to fill in the gaps, now we have 6727 entries (6777 - 50), so same Euro number but now modulo 6727 to determine 2nd place?

Last edited:
Well the Euromillions numbers are out for 4th September, and i believe 11171839440511 MODULO 6777 is the equation. That being said, I am not sure if the "5" number in the euromillions should be listed as 05 or just 5, cause that changes the result significantly.

Entry 1215 marks the spot? :)

Armin or Lizzy gets it?

Used a diffrent calculator and looks like terminator got it :)

Last edited:
Well the Euromillions numbers are out for 4th September, and i believe 11171839440511 MODULO 6777 is the equation. That being said, I am not sure if the "5" number in the euromillions should be listed as 05 or just 5, cause that changes the result significantly.

No leading zeros per Akoz example in the 3rd post, and you have a mistake in your posting, last digit should be "0", not "1"....1117183944510 modulo 6777 = 1215 by my calculation...waiting for official results.

Gz Terminator...I think. Damn, my soc mate is gonna be pissed, missed him by one, lol.

Status
Back