Returning player not sure what to do

AlexMoor

Old
Alex BlueDragon Moor
Hi everyone! I'm looking for a general advice on how to get my game loop "up to date" since I haven't been playing Entropia for like 6 years. I guess the "meta" moved somewhere else and also I don't remember much about weapons, mobs etc.

My goal​

I want to keep hunting. I have given up on any prospect of making money or having good TT returns years ago, so what I want is just have fun and get skills for my money.

My gear​

Armor:
  • Full Vigi set
  • Full Adj. Pixie set
Weapon:
  • Isis LLC10 + A102
Tools:
  • Regen. Chip 1 for healing
  • Teleportation Chip 1 for transportation
  • Sleipnir Mk.1 for transportation
  • Aeglic ring, Adjusted for health boost

What I'm doing now​

For the past couple of days since I got back to EU I was hunting L8 - L10 Drones on New Treasure Island.

The questions​

• Can you recommend a mob/area to add to my "routine"? I don't want to be grinding just drones all day every day
  • My weapon is already maxed out. Should I continue buying L weapons that I haven't maxed out yet for optimal skill gain?
  • Should I stick to the Regen. Chip or should I be using FAPs? (are FAPs still a thing?)
  • Should I pick up any other gear?
  • Should I be using any 3rd party software tools? I've just discovered Entropia Tally and it looks pretty neat.
  • Any other advice that comes to mind?

My skills:​

prof.png

A lot depends on how much money you have to spend.

ALWAYS use maxed weapons!
Look into getting adj Resto (4-4.5k)
Upgrade rings to Ares & Athenic or better

Unless you wanna get another armor set for imp/cut/stab mobs try different robots like legionnaire/defenders/troopers etc, may have better MU than the drones.

Find a nice Society with helpful people, read a lot but try out for yourself and don't blindly listen to everything you hear.

Other than that go with the flow and have fun!

Argus E, with 105 you can mine pyrite, thorio shaman drops t3, resto 6,7L and igni1000e UL, maffoid, longu t4, longtooth atm drops boxes and last year dropped many camo bgh, so if your lucky you can pull good gun from there 75 dps, 120 range 77 eff, and 3.2 dpp with blp delta, i would focus on longtooth if i had money

Neomex/marcimex/atrax t6, daudaormur enslaved on events upgrade items that sells for ok for later, korwil t4

Stalker on cyrene t3 and those pristines that sells for few hundred atm?

You can use cryo,combu,kinetic chips with over 100 dmg with delta amps -20% implant and extender, cheaper than armatrix and delta amp will make em 3.2 dpp instead of arma 3 dpp, so its 7%~ more dmg / pec, big dmg so needs finisher, sword is nice for that for melee skills

Martial is cheap, if you get alot of peds zorra hk is cheap 100 range 3.2 dpp gun with delta is around 5kp, you can mix with shagadi/corrosive with 8% leech and 20% evade amp when mobs get closer for melee skills and so you become harder to kill

Mayhem amps lasts for 50k hits and they have life leech so need a bit less healing too

Dont do taxes, dont try to hit big, try to go after best selling stuff, more you focus on it, better chances to get some and peds will last longer, like if you lose 5% tt on avg, 2.5% MU on avg, you can on avg shoot double amount of peds and pull something nice/more skills/can play longer with peds

You could do trooper instead of drone, they drop weapon grips, bit of MU and on entropedia it says they can drop m81 predator UL and some nice UL melee blade, 400 hp smallest, you could get regen 6 L or UL

Mayhem boxes/tokens for best guns ingame, maybe you dont even need to try other mobs than these, lots of mobs dont have tier comps or any best items to get. Eomon = mod shadow, mayhem = best gun imp/mod(maybe imp is enough for everything with t10 blade with 8% leech) resto and not sure where best fap is from, with thunderbird you can do texlapod wave event for tezla ped, with 8% leech and resto chip it increases healing for hardest mobs

Maybe mine only off season, and bang all moneys on mayhem/eomon? :-
I just heard uber say, with mayhem boxes it was breakeven and tokens are profit, and took 2 years to pull best weapon, and those are over 200k?

So maybe deposit small offseason, and big for mayhems and play alot, maybe other games and do other stuff when not mayhem

When you look at ppl's hunting logs you can see their usually down 5%~ tt, so if mob can hof for 4k on avg it will cost 4k + 5% tt to get, ofc there is luck factor and you can pull one from first mobs, but its unlikely

Pyrite from argus E is for damage enhancers, always needed, sells fast, SW corner has also redulite on mountain with 900~ depth finder, sand king island is ok for enmatter, devils, lumis, garcen, i even found dunkel, north shinook jungle LA, putty, garcen, devils? and belkar and ruga/redu with high finder, making those 130% guns/amps maybe good if you got tens of thousands of peds to have 2 of each in auction, antimag, ignisium, redu can be found from argus E pvp

Last edited:
Argus E, with 105 you can mine pyrite, thorio shaman drops t3, maffoid, longu t4, longtooth atm drops boxes and last year dropped many camo bgh, so if your lucky you can pull good gun from there 75 dps, 120 range 77 eff, and 3.2 dpp with blp delta, i would focus on longtooth if i had money

Tons of great info packed into this one runoff sentence @AlexMoor

• Can you recommend a mob/area to add to my "routine"? I don't want to be grinding just drones all day every day
  • My weapon is already maxed out. Should I continue buying L weapons that I haven't maxed out yet for optimal skill gain?
  • Should I stick to the Regen. Chip or should I be using FAPs? (are FAPs still a thing?)
  • Should I pick up any other gear?
  • Should I be using any 3rd party software tools? I've just discovered Entropia Tally and it looks pretty neat.
  • Any other advice that comes to mind?

Several good mobs mentioned alrdy. Always maxed wep, avoid paying high mu on L weps.. read some threads about efficiency, dpp, etc. Regen chips are very uneco, the adj resto as mentioned is just an s tier upgrade when possible. try your best to max crit/crit dmg, reload speed w/ your rings. Lootnanny or similar apps great for tracking returns.

Hi everyone! I'm looking for a general advice on how to get my game loop "up to date" since I haven't been playing Entropia for like 6 years. I guess the "meta" moved somewhere else and also I don't remember much about weapons, mobs etc.

My goal​

I want to keep hunting. I have given up on any prospect of making money or having good TT returns years ago, so what I want is just have fun and get skills for my money.

My gear​

Armor:
  • Full Vigi Set. The vigi set can now be upgraded, you might want to check out, it has Adjusted, Modified and Augmented versions ingame.
  • Full Adj. Pixie Set. You can replace this Pixie set for an Atlas Set, it's got the best stats from any of the planet partner discipleship armours.
Weapon:
  • Isis LLC10 + A102. Use items that are maxed out, for max efficiency, never use SIB, it's a trap to make you lose peds for faster skill gains.
Tools:

The questions​

• Can you recommend a mob/area to add to my "routine"? I don't want to be grinding just drones all day every day. Grinding the same mob every day for months on end is how you get higher than avg loot returns, so don't despise it!!
  • My weapon is already maxed out. Should I continue buying L weapons that I haven't maxed out yet for optimal skill gain? Again, only use items that are maxed out fully, for max efficiency, and never use SIB, it's a trap to make you lose peds for faster skill gains is super redundant with codex rewards.
  • Should I stick to the Regen. Chip or should I be using FAPs? (are FAPs still a thing?) Again, replace it with the fap from Cyrene > Refurbished H.E.A.R.T. Rank VI, it is much more economical and I'd suggest healing once you've tagged/hit the mob from max range for the decay to be recorded, and not doing it whilst idly healing.
  • Should I pick up any other gear? I can't answer this as I would need to better understand your budget, strategy and at what level you wish to play at, but I would definitley look at getting an Athenic Ring, Perfected (Left Hand), if you are a close quarters hunter or better still a Hermetic Ring, Perfected (Left Hand), for a ranged style i.e., Kiting to keep decay costs down.
  • Should I be using any 3rd party software tools? I've just discovered Entropia Tally and it looks pretty neat. I normally use Google sheet for all my tracking needs, I never rely on these 3rd party softwares for me to understand where I fair on returns, sometimes it can be a bad indicator to make you stop.
  • Any other advice that comes to mind? Max out your DPP with Crit Hit and Crit Dmg buffs as much as possible. trust me DPP is still KING, so focus on maintaining it or increasing it. Then when it comes to codex rewards, ensure you are selecting the rewards that helps your Looter Professions as an urgent 2nd priority. Selecting these in order of important, starting from Perception, Alertness, Analysis, and Dexterity or taking into account which skills are the least in terms of points. LOOK FOR MARKUP, because there are many ways to make money in Entropia, if you know where.
See red text.
Look into getting Adjusted Restoration Chip (4-4.5k). The best healing tool for low to mid level hunters.

Unless you wanna get another armor set for imp/cut/stab mobs, try different robots like legionnaire/defenders/troopers etc, may have better MU than the drones. These are all other bots that have better markup possibilities than standard Drones.

Find a nice Society with helpful people, read a lot but try out for yourself and don't blindly listen to everything you hear. This is very true, myself included. Don't follow the Efficiency Hype, just focus on DPP, Looter and killing at least 4000 of the same mob to around 16000 times.

Other than that go with the flow and have fun! Definitely go with the flow and work off your own goals ingame, no need to rush for nothing, keep grinding.
See red text.
Mine Pyrite (markup) with an F-105 @ Argus PVP area when it's off season (no hunting events).
Hunt Thorio Shaman Maturity which drops Tier 3 Components, Restoration Chip 6 (L) & Restoration Chip 7 (L), and Omegaton Igni L1100E (UL) (markup)
Maffoid's, and Longu's drop Tier 4 Components (markup).
Longtooth's of any maturity are at the moment dropping Summer Boxes (markup), and last year they were dropping many Camo Arms BGH (UL).
So if your lucky you can pull a good gun from them @ around 75 dps, 120 range, 77 eff, and 3.2 dpp with a Mayhem B-Amplifier Delta (L), I would focus on
Longtooth's if I had the correct sized BANKROLL.
Neomex & Marcimex drop Tier 6 Components (markup).
Enslaved Daudaormur on events drop upgrade items that sells for ok for later.
Korwil's can drop Tier 4 Components (markup).

Stalker on cyrene drop Tier 3 Components and those Stalkerbot Pristine Element (markup) that sells for a few hundred peds atm?
Hunt Troopers, they drop Weapon Grips, and Restoration Chip 6 (L) (markup), and potentially Omegaton M83 Predator UL?
See red text.
Several good mobs mentioned alrdy. Always maxed wep, avoid paying high mu on L weps.. read some threads about efficiency, dpp, etc. Regen chips are very uneco, the adj resto as mentioned is just an s tier upgrade when possible. try your best to max crit/crit dmg, reload speed w/ your rings. Lootnanny or similar apps great for tracking returns.
Yeah, only use maxed weapons, avoid paying markup on anything (if you can help it). Regen chips are uneco, please see above recommendations. Max out crit hit and crit dmg buffs, reload speed etc with the recommended loadouts.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the good info! A plan is starting to form in my head.
What's your opinion on armor plates?

I've tried to go hunt some troopers. I found a place with Gen 1 and Gen 2. I could barely survive killing the Gen 1 and Gen 2 just obliterated me.
I think that if I switch to Adj. Vigi and add some 6A plates I might be golden. What's your opinion on this approach?

Also, what's the general opinion around Sights and Scopes? I remember using a laser sight and a scope but I don't even remember what they did back in the day :D

Last edited:
Yeah, 6A plates would be good with vigi. If you do the mission for the troopers, http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mission&id=1552 Atwell’s request at Fort Ithaca, kill 500 troopers. If you do that, you can later upgrade your vigi to adjusted vigi, +20% dodge. Don’t use sights or scopes unless they give +crit chance, crit dmg, reload speed, or life steal. They’re probably more expensive than adj resto.

Last edited:
Read nonstop until you have a clear goal in mind qnd you should never stop until you reach it, until then trust no one and nobody.

Read nonstop until you "have a clear goal in mind" and "never stop until you reach it".
"Trust noone to save you" but yourself for "heaven helps those who help themselves".
We can agree on reaching your goals, and for once, I now have a goal in mind.

I know I am going to get a lot of flak from this, but I would suggest investing in my rental service. You are worried about buying something due to price fluctuations. Well your investment is guaranteed refundable. You will earn dividends on it each month and receive discount on rentals. So it could end up costing you nothing or even profit depending on how often you play. You only pay for the time you actually play. If you take off for a week or two, you are still earning dividends but not paying anything. You can also switch it up, you are not stuck to just 1 weapon, you can use anything available in the fund that you have the collateral req for.

I have swords, daggers, rifles, pistols, BLP/Laser, Maces, Mindforce, Armor M/F Sets, Rings n' Things. As well as some mining and fap gear."

As you buy shares you earn more dividends and build up your wealth, while covering some of your costs. You dont have to worry about buying and reselling items you just move on to the next item. I had a customer renting maces this week, and they started with a mk1, and worked their way to a mk4. I try to make my prices cheaper than limited items of similar caliber. Owning your own gear will always be cheaper, but you lose a lot of flexibility. So if you are just looking to have fun, this could be the option for you, especially given your low stats you will level through things like crazy and would spend more time in trade than hunting.

Yeah, 6A plates would be good with vigi. If you do the mission for the troopers, http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mission&id=1552 Atwell’s request at Fort Ithaca, kill 500 troopers. If you do that, you can later upgrade your vigi to adjusted vigi, +20% dodge. Don’t use sights or scopes unless they give +crit chance, crit dmg, reload speed, or life steal. They’re probably more expensive than adj resto.
The sights and scope increase how quickly/how much skills you ge. So they are worth using if you have a decent pair like ignaritz. They also add a little more decay to your loot so if you are killing smaller mobs or even mid level mobs, it could be just enough so that multipliers hit that 50p mark or enough to drop an item instead of shrapnel. It also reduces the misses if you are using a weapon you dont have maxxed SIB in.

Back