Returning player setup

kingjehu

Prowler
Society
Skillin Villans
Jehu Da King
Hey all,

I have been considering a low key return to playing that would probably amount to 4-6 hours a week of laid back hunting.

I am working on selecting a mob to hunt... im thinking in the 600-1000HP range. It was always best to pick one and grind away, sounds like it still is... Welcome to suggestions.

Back when I played it was BLP for dps and laser for dpp. Is that still the case? I am around lvl 45 BLP sniper, and highest is 50+ Laser pistol. Is there a way to determine which path is best? With limited playing time is it still best to grab an AR (L) weapon of choice? Do ppl still use unlimited amps or should you use (L) there too? I also have some longblade skills and that was mostly unlimited weapon choices...

That mob level seems like an old school unlimited armor with 5A or 5B... or these new scale plates... agreed?

Hit me up with some current state of game advice!

Thanks

imho, depends a lot on your budget..
to play 4-6 hours a week, would probably go L , maybe buy some armatrix rifle and kill some troopers, buy some makheta or ghost/gremlin and 5a/6a plates

My favourite mob atm is Calamusoids in Lahar swamp. Thyroid doesn’t have the markup that it did but I still make plenty of markup on making inoculations from the drops. You can also loot blank chips, which when filled (based on ped burn) sell for 4 ped each about. You need the dead zone mission for that. The npc is at fort Medusa.
Additionally Lahar NPC gives a daily mission to kill these mobs in a variety of scenarios and the rewards are often blazer fragments, which have good markup.
Finishing the boss wave in Lahar swamp awards all participants with entrails, which are worth about 2-3 ped.
Accounting for all this, I think these are currently the best markup mob on caly within your hp range.

In terms of damage, being a casual player L weapons are probably the way to go. If you have tokens I would go a BLP token rifle with an UL Fi/Ra/Co beast.
Armatrix blp would also be ok just try and buy them cheap.
Avoid armatrix laser it’s a bit more pricey.
Careful of the damage interval, the outcasts only have 200hp, but you need decent dps for the 2nd and 3rd waves.

Calamusoid are cut/stab only so you can avoid the higher markup impact armors. Personally I use Polaris L but the TT on that is quite high. You are going to need decent protection of soloing the second wave however, your weapon range will not be outside their Agro range and you will need quite a bit of deflection. You can also just avoid these waves and stick with the outcast/bandits on the perimeter and let someone else finish. You’ll still be awarded the entrails.

Last edited:
@Katie - Is the cut / stab only attacks from Calamusoids confirmed, I have been switching through armours to find a suitable one ?

@Katie - Is the cut / stab only attacks from Calamusoids confirmed, I have been switching through armours to find a suitable one ?
The wiki doesn't have accurate data on this. But via testing with various AP plates I only took decay on Cut and stab ones. I never worked out any proportions.
Perhaps somebody that is better at maths can do some more in depth damage tests, but I found a good enough fit with Polaris so I'm content.

Small calamusoids should be 75 imp 25 cut. on 20 damage they should be then 5 cut 15 imp. a pixie with 5b is perfect
a 10 evader is more thanenough to heal very rarely tho deflacting all.
the components for pills drop in large amount and the bad part is that the scintist does not let you craft moret than 1 pill at a time
entrails allol the craft of Medusa pills for higher level calamus zone.
Thyroid drops very oftn and socket 2 too
if putting all together with scourging and mutant loower levelling (lowest monster to drop Thyroid and being mutant) it is not a bad choice
keep in mind that location of Henrietta (to get the quest for filling chips is south of the medusa swamp (http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=MissionBroker&id=567)

due to the fact that Markup is very thin... the HP of smaller is 200 and the request was a bit higher...

next intersting ones are Allo and Esto at zephirus probabaly

Last edited:
Caperon, calamusoid, neomex, warrior/trooper, tideclaw young, daudaormur, not sure if any other mobs have anything worth shooting em for, unless you want to try odds of rare L items 1/10000k ped anyways, so not worth it.

adj resto must have
2350/2600 mod also are good

Small calamusoids should be 75 imp 25 cut. on 20 damage they should be then 5 cut 15 imp. a pixie with 5b is perfect
a 10 evader is more thanenough to heal very rarely tho deflacting all.
the components for pills drop in large amount and the bad part is that the scintist does not let you craft moret than 1 pill at a time
entrails allol the craft of Medusa pills for higher level calamus zone.
Thyroid drops very oftn and socket 2 too
if putting all together with scourging and mutant loower levelling (lowest monster to drop Thyroid and being mutant) it is not a bad choice
keep in mind that location of Henrietta (to get the quest for filling chips is south of the medusa swamp (http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=MissionBroker&id=567)

due to the fact that Markup is very thin... the HP of smaller is 200 and the request was a bit higher...

next intersting ones are Allo and Esto at zephirus probabaly
Its interesting you say they are 75% impact damage, I can fully deflect attacks in Polaris and that has no impact protection at all. Could it be certain maturities only or a secondary attack? I don't wear armor against outcast/bandits anymore so my memory may be failing me but I'm pretty sure I noted zero impact plate decay when I tried it out. I definitely can deflect attacks from higher maturites with a cut/stab only arrangement.

FYI you don't need the scientist to make the pill, just chuck the ingredients in the refiner and make as many as you like :)

i took the info off wiki assuming are the same stat as the istance ones. will try to test in site as i fly back to caly
for the refiner. THANK YOU i have more than 100 pills to make got bored to load window and click.... will craft all

Back