Revive map?

Interficiam

Mature
Society
NBK Legion
Taci Taci Interficiam
I just started playing last week. I'm looking for some kind of revive-map. Does anyone know if there is a good one available? So far I only found this one: http://v2.euforces.com/maps/eudoria/

Now its obvious that a voronoi diagram is being used to determinate where you respawn. So I have been drawing it on a map. (http://tman.be/images/map_with_grid.jpg) I only did the port atlantis area and the one north of it so far. Does a map like this already exist? Or should I make it for all areas?

edit: added those to the east of what I already had ^^

Last edited:
I know there are some folks that have been working on VU10 revival maps. At 10.0, there were major changes in the continents, rendering VU9 maps obsolete.

MA kept adding new TPs to the continents up through... 10.4? So many mappers were biding their time till things settled down.

If you search a little on here, you'll likely find some of the other cartography efforts.

Nice work, +rep!

Nice work. I never heard of a Voronoi diagram before, is there a simple way to automatically calculate these when the revival points are known? If so please share, so I can add them to Entropedia ;).

Yea, there are lots of algorithms for making voronoi diagrams. But since I didn't have coordinates, I couldn't use an algorythm. I just did it in photoshop :p
1. make a cross and copy it, you will have to paste it a lot of times :p Make sure the center of the cross is in the center of the image. Otherwise you will make a weighted vonoroi diagram. We just need 50/50 or unweighted diagram.

2. connect the 2 red lines to 2 respawn points

3. do that for all the points around that one point

4. repeat that for every point and you get something like the blue lines (it gets really messy, so I only added those from the previos picture)

The example I used was for the Port Atlantis area.

A nice app can be found here: http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/chew/Delaunay.html
It works with clicks, but I'm sure it isn't hard to modify the code to make it work by parsing an xml file...

Last edited:
Good work.. this is usefull

Thanks for the explanation. I already found a asp.net function where I put in the revival areas and the area lines come out, so I don't need to do any math myself ;). Only problem is the server borders. It means I have to make a separate Voronoi for each server, which makes the code a bit more complicated. But I am working on it, should be done soon.

...and a big thanks to everyone working on useful data products for Calypso!

I added the Voronoi diagrams to the maps on Entropedia, but for now there are just not enough revival points entered. On Amethera it is ok, but on Eudoria it is terrible. If anyone has the location of them you are welcome to add them ;).

I added those of the Port Atlantis area on the wiki and it looks the same as what I had :) But the wiki is easyer to edit when there are new ones :)

I added those of the Port Atlantis area on the wiki and it looks the same as what I had :) But the wiki is easyer to edit when there are new ones :)

Thanks a lot! I made a thread to encourage people to add the other revival points here.

I guess you found that every server is a 8092 x 8092 square in game and a 512 x 512 square on map.

Limit of servers are 56K, 64K, 72K, 80K, etc...

For once, they used computer numbers. :)

8092 is no "computer number" - 8192 would be an even multiple of 512.

Have you brought this to Entropia Tour Agency yet? Stave may also have a useable map by now, it wouldn't surprise me

Back