Status

Akbar

Stalker
Banned
Society
ViaDolorosa
Rextelum

Description :

The Rextelum was until recently though to be extinct however a healthy population was located on a small island northeast of Amethera by Governor Jamesons expedition.

This massive creature is currently the largest arthropod known to science and it is speculated that its sheer size is what keeps it safe from many aerial predators known to frequent the island.

It feeds mostly on smaller creatures such as the Sabakuma which it kills by dissolving its thick husk with acid from its stinger.

Creature Type :
Ak_Ico_Animal.jpg
Insect

Damage Type : Cut, Acid, Impact, Penetration, Stab - % are not defined yet

Maturities

Weak
Watcher
Soldier
Strong
Ravager
Devastator
Hunter
Chaser
Majestic
Queen

Curiosities

Marauder
Slayer
L2028 The Sand King (October 2011)

L2322 The Sand King (VU 14.x Feb 2013) (http://lt.twitch.tv/zverys/c/1939346)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Idea what Land area is going to have Rextelum? :)

Bump for my favorite mob. Looking for a new land area to hunt them. :-D

They're on LA 49 Neconu Nation

------- ---------- ------------ ------- ------

Last edited:
I noticed that Entropedia had some damage percentages added for this mob of Impact 20%, Cut 60%, Stab 20%. Does this mob still to the two different attacks with two different damage types or has this changed? It used to do either Impact/Cut or Pen/Stab/Acid depending on the attack type so I'm just wondering where these percentages come from.

So if i have this correct the 2 different attacks are Imp/Cut/stab with the claws and penetration/acid with the tail?
Anyone have any idea how much of the tail attack is penetration and how much is acid? Any help is greatly appreciated!

According to 2012.6 release notes the damages have changed since I did my initial tests linked above:

Rextelum:
  • Hit chance increased slightly on Weak-Ravager.
  • Stamina reduced a bit on Weak-Ravager.
  • Damage increased a bit on Weak-Strong. The new damage is added as Stab, and the higher maturities have had some of their Cut damage transferred to Stab. Damage split is now roughly 60% Cut, 20% Impact and 20% Stab, but varies a bit between maturities. The secondary attack (stinger attack) has had some of the Acid damage transferred to Impact damage (total damage remains the same).

Thanks for the info Oleg, but do you know about how much of the Stinger dmg is Acid, and is there penetration damage in there? Thanks

Thanks for the info Oleg, but do you know about how much of the Stinger dmg is Acid, and is there penetration damage in there? Thanks

All I know is what I posted in the test thread, and the info from the VU notes. I haven't done any further testing since then. Since the recent change to the way plate protection works, I get noticeably more damage from Strong/Ravager/Devastator than I used to, using PoE+5b. I don't have any data on that though, those are just my observations from doing a couple of events at OLA49 recently.

EDIT: Short answer, no :)

I use PoE also and have 67.97 evader and have noticed more damage on Rex Strong and upwards. (I notice more damage on some other mobs too namely Leviathan)

All I know is what I posted in the test thread, and the info from the VU notes. I haven't done any further testing since then. Since the recent change to the way plate protection works, I get noticeably more damage from Strong/Ravager/Devastator than I used to, using PoE+5b. I don't have any data on that though, those are just my observations from doing a couple of events at OLA49 recently.

EDIT: Short answer, no :)

Status
Back