Info: Ricks 2019 FEN hunting Thread.

giphy.gif

Where did you come up with this theory?:scratch2:

Is it not obvious?

ok....why it is that on Sundays RT was very popular to hunt the Kong shared.

I actually remember some ubers moaning about that in some thread sometime ago, how it seemed a weekly planned event with big hofs. So it's somewhat shared thinking.

Why is it that somedays Ark can be looting much better than Caly. Could be coincidence, might not.
Why is it a group of ubers just happen all at once to be on one planet? What's a person to think?

Point is, what players think regardless if true or not impacts confidence.

Whats to say MA loads a planet or place with a loot pool to tap into at certain times.

I also remember another uber stating at some point, that the Ark moon could have its own pool for example. I read stuff too, and think...interesting.

Nice pic....funny :p

Rick

Thats an easy one.... Sunday is when there are enough people online at the same time on Rocktropia that we can kill them :p

I actually remember some ubers moaning about that in some thread sometime ago, how it seemed a weekly planned event with big hofs. So it's somewhat shared thinking.
Also easy, 500ped hof is probably a loss for most of the participants except for the 1 person who loots a giant banana bunch(100tt).
Chances are it wasn't actual Ubers moaning, but self proclaimed 'ubers' who were actually self inflated mid level players that haven't really played with the Kongs before.

I often kill all the waves required to spawn the Kong spamming rock chat the entire time with a count down till kong is spawned and not enough people show up to kill it.
When there are enough people (usually weekends) then people will dig out the items required to spawn more without doing the waves and you will see a string of hofs. No conspiracy really, its just the natural flow of people having fun together when possible and enough are present to participate in that aspect of the game.

Is it not obvious?

Why is it that somedays Ark can be looting much better than Caly. Could be coincidence, might not.
Why is it a group of ubers just happen all at once to be on one planet? What's a person to think?

Point is, what players think regardless if true or not impacts confidence.

Nice pic....funny :p

Rick

They used have events on Saturday on RT for kong, when mission to get vamp pet was new and many ubers came to get map pieces that dropped from kong. Then they changed it instead of ND having to spawn them Manually for event, now you summon them with ruxnext code. If you ask anyone who have done the big shared mobs there, they will tell you that they would lost more ped than they gained. If group of ubers are on one planet it could be SOC hunt or just a bunch of friends.

Occam's razor theory the simplest answer is often the correct one.

Fair points made bigdaddy trim and narfi,

Although it raises another question. Do players create a pool of ped by activity?

That's a valid point to raise becasue I always find it much easier to global in events such as Merry Mayhem. So that suggests that if 'more' participants are contributing then the easier it is to tap into that pool of ped.

plus many player have suggested that when events are on, its better to do the event than planet side activity. There's a good reason players think along those lines.

The point is we all think about how the system works, and wondering why our returns might be at the values we receive. It's normal behaviour to question the system. Often we may create far out thinking simply becasue the obvious is still not answering those questions. MA in a sense promote thinking that you might think is strange, simply becasue returns at times can be brutal.

BTW: i might write..I'm "smiling" and words like that. I do that to come across as relaxed and reduce the tension in debates, becasue tone is not easy expressed in posts. It's a friendly way to communicate. Plus every post I write I'm having to look at it from every angle anticipating negative responses, and who is waiting in the wings to jump on me. There are those that reply simply as an opportunity to vent aggression. Sometimes I put that down to stressed out playerbase, always on edge. Some say I deserve it, I always think I'm just being open and honest.

A lot 'more' people would contribute to discussions, if it wasn't a bear pit here. I'm honestly really close to wondering why I'm bothering. But the chats have allowed me some recovery time, for good or bad...thats been helpful.

To be honest when the occasional noobie comes into the forum and posts with something like "I can't do this anymore". Really advice is not what they're looking for. Becasue they've been down that road already multiple times, and coming to the forum was a last scream of frustration. Forum repliers need to think about that....how many players do they kill off with brutal responses. I can take it, I'm used to it (I have limits though).

I'm just saying when a noobie comes in screaming, the forum community shouldn't drown them "with you're doing it wrong", all they wanted was an arm around their shoulder for a day or so, and they would've clamed down and be ready for another go. The game is brutal already, the forum doesn't have to magnify that.

Just saying, I think it would be a miracle though to ever get to that position...heehee.

Rick

Fair points made bigdaddy trim and narfi,

Although it raises another question. Do players create a pool of ped by activity?

That's a valid point to raise becasue I always find it much easier to global in events such as Merry Mayhem. So that suggests that if 'more' participants are contributing then the easier it is to tap into that pool of ped.

plus many player have suggested that when events are on, its better to do the event than planet side activity. There's a good reason players think along those lines.

The point is we all think about how the system works, and wondering why our returns might be at the values we receive. It's normal behaviour to question the system. Often we may create far out thinking simply becasue the obvious is still not answering those questions. MA in a sense promote thinking that you might think is strange, simply becasue returns at times can be brutal.

BTW: i might write..I'm "smiling" and words like that. I do that to come across as relaxed and reduce the tension in debates, becasue tone is not easy expressed in posts. It's a friendly way to communicate. Plus every post I write I'm having to look at it from every angle anticipating negative responses, and who is waiting in the wings to jump on me. There are those that reply simply as an opportunity to vent aggression. Sometimes I put that down to stressed out playerbase, always on edge. Some say I deserve it, I always think I'm just being open and honest.

A lot 'more' people would contribute to discussions, if it wasn't a bear pit here. I'm honestly really close to wondering why I'm bothering. But the chats have allowed me some recovery time, for good or bad...thats been helpful.

To be honest when the occasional noobie comes into the forum and posts with something like "I can't do this anymore". Really advice is not what they're looking for. Becasue they've been down that road already multiple times, and coming to the forum was a last scream of frustration. Forum repliers need to think about that....how many players do they kill off with brutal responses. I can take it, I'm used to it (I have limits though).

I'm just saying when a noobie comes in screaming, the forum community shouldn't drown them "with you're doing it wrong", all they wanted was an arm around their shoulder for a day or so, and they would've clamed down and be ready for another go. The game is brutal already, the forum doesn't have to magnify that.

Just saying, I think it would be a miracle though to ever get to that position...heehee.

Rick

I apologize fist of all for long post, i am not fan of long post as i often say to my self i cant be arsed to read all that.

You so much remind of player on RT who is young girl who only been playing for over a year and highest level is 20 is hunting. No she is like many young people and even older people who so desperate for attention that dont care what type of attention they get any type will do. Now she is mentor i think she has passed at least 4 disciples. Now she often come on chat, talking rubbish about things she knows. Then community has to correct her. Now after a while players got more annoyed with here as their advice fell on death ears. For example KKK (yes that her actual initials of her avatar) went out of way to get set of Nemius armour. That is taken her ages to repair as she non-depositor, so sweat, collect kegs etc. Now we have explained to her number of times that armour is to far above her level for mobs she can hunt and for her budget. By the time she can get to level to justify using that armour on bigger mobs, there probably better alterative out there to use. She don't listen and carry on doing stupid stuff. This winds up people as they feel they just wasting their time. The problem is that if she teaches her disciples this rubbish too, they will make same mistakes.

Now when you come on forum and spout rubbish its far worse. As you been playing for years and have skills to show it too. So new players will look up to you a lot more, but if you giving them bad info like in https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?308705-Questions-questions this really annoys other players as you giving out false info. You keep crying your the victim on here, but you have brought it on your self, another trend of modern society that i blame on social media. You quickly point fingers at others, come up with conspiracy theory's that have no evidence and quickly dismiss other advice.

Let have look at some of theory's.

You have said so many times you need massive amount of money to play, but you dont. It really depends on budget, if want to play top level like star and messi then yes you do. If shooting punys with tt gun a tenner a month is more than enough.

you have said before tting loot gives you bad returns, even after MA dismissed this you still believed it.

You accuse top hunters of being cahoots with MA, but here is plenty of other players out there who are are depositing, but making profit. These players like to keep under the radar, because they found a niche in game, that they know if shared then it will be lost.

You was under some disillusion that have the best gear in game you will profit all the time, even after just 4 runs. Now i could go and buy a UL L8 amp and a goldrush terramaster 8 finder. Now this is great set up for a high level miner as they dont ever have to pay MU, but i would have to re mortgage my house to buy it and to run it. This was a ultimate money maker back in the day when MU was so high on mining mats. No way as good it is now due to crash in mu on mats. With the right knowledge, skills and bank roll its still money maker, but will take a lot longer to money back, unless you ATH of course.

Now these a just a few examples of theory's you come out with and when players have tried to be polite towards you with advice. You just dismiss them and carry on blaming others for your own mistakes. This winds others up, So when you carry on being so egotistic and crying like a spoilt little brat in a supermarket because their mum wont buy them a bar of chocolate. The community will get annoyed and will be less civil to you.

Hi Rick,

I really admire you for the courage and perseverance in taking on so many "forum warriors" all by yourself. Thank you for sharing your observations. I believe some of the other players (especially the mid-level hunters, myself included) share similar experience as you.

It is a problem for mid-level hunters and the game at large if mid-level hunters requires US$1000s in bankroll to progress. Most of them will either downgrade to kill punies; quit the game; or quit hunting. This does not benefits the uber with high efficiency gear to sell. It does not benefit land/shop owners if mid-level hunter scale down on their activities. And it does not benefit the game economy and MA as there will be fewer players and lower revenue

So, this is an issue that MA needs to address or else most new players will eventually quit the game or scale down when they progress to mid-level. All the marketing dollar will just go down the drain...

I have listed 2 questions related to this issue in the AMA for MA to think about and hope that we can hear it from them.

In the meantime, just relax and not stress yourself up.

Cheers!

mmm interesting... originally i wanted to follow ricks hunting log on that FEN mace but thanks to everyone's input trying to bring rick back down to planet earth i learn so much!!:yay::yay:

Evey, there's no need to lower yourself (more than normal) by talking like that. This forum is not a gutter where trash accumulates. If you feel the need to be openly insulting and disgusting, go on some other forum. Enough is enough.

this "hunting log" is more toxic than rookie chat lol, but it's fun read keep it :wtg:

Evey, there's no need to lower yourself (more than normal) by talking like that. This forum is not a gutter where trash accumulates. If you feel the need to be openly insulting and disgusting, go on some other forum. Enough is enough.
In the middle of so many SciFi stories presented as facts, I only invoked recent history of this hunting log thread, without any intention of insulting anyone here. I get it that you slacked and haven't kept up with the full thread so far, what a shame. Let me pick up some of the highlights, the actual things I was referring to, quoting the author himself.
I got more rep int his thread than I got in the last 4 years since I came back to the game and only yours was negative, you should pay attention to what has been discussed here =))

The golden stuff:

Far from lonely mate, one of the reasons I play EU is my wife whose ten years younger than me, has an extremely high sex drive. It gets a bit much at times coping with her constant demands for 12 years solid. A man needs a couple of days to refuel after being milked....haha. Even cows get a rest from that kind of treatment.

Not sure if I'm allowed to talk like this in PCF....but anyway (funny).

When I was first dating her, she had this thing for on the spur of the moment passion. She'd drag me into McDonalds (ladies toilets) for a quicky. She was a very very bad girl....with out and about sessions.

This is type of woman she is. Back in the day when there was a lot more team hunting, I used to run "Juria Blood and Friends" team hunt every Sunday. Used to be maxed 12 team most of the time. For her 'entertainment' was giving BJ's while I was trying to manage the team on the hunt....that's her sense of humour....LOL.

I'll tell you what though, if you ever go to Venice for a passion trip. That's the type of woman you want with you, had some amazing short breaks there.

Don't get me wrong it's lovely to have a woman like that, but I'm pushing 50 now and at that age you just can't do 14 times a week anymore.....just can't. So I just buy her a load of bedroom power tools to play with these days.

Even with all the kids, hasn't slowed her down.

Ohhh and she's shit at housework.....so it's not all perfect. Funny stuff.

Rick

4k is ok budged for a mob around kerb old-provider and clearly a microscopic budget for a mace he bought.I am sure there are many other mistakes in there too but I am not going into right now.

Admittedly, i haven´t read the entire thread yet, but why are we as a playerbase okay with a pretty much "minimum buy-in" of $400?

Getting to a point, gear and skillwise where you´re comfortable hunting these mobs doesn´t take much time, nor money. Yet we expect people to push in $400 just to keep progressing?

I think there´s an inherent flaw in the progression in this game, where skills and gear progress much faster than the bankroll can be expected to do, at least on the lower end. In the higher "levels" gear is much more priced to match the bankroll. I think this is a detrimental aspect of the game and causes us to lose a lot of the new players.

... but why are we as a playerbase okay with a pretty much "minimum buy-in" of $400...

it's not we as a playerbase, it's you vs. the playerbase! bankroll and auctioneer are your only friends in there ;)

Totaly agree on forced depos, not long after 2.0 i was paying 150$ a week and i got to the point where i constantly loosing, anything i did was a loss (right after MM finished), i completely changed the way i play. Found out many new things and came to conclusion that i have to depo more. After many experiments low/mid muscle oil (105% at the time) mobs i still failed. The problem was MU on L weps (120%) i just gave up since i saw freshly baked players hittin 5k on mobs i was leading monthly according to EL, while i was turning around 5k a week on em. I decided to take a little break from EU. After 3 weeks finally decided to try out my luck.. and guess what i got 3.5k lyst from first probe and that was moment when i realised how this game works in general after 2.0 update. I dont like it, im here just cuz i used to like this game a lot.

It is hard for about 1-2weeks, try hitting gym or something physical to get your rage pain out and you'll be fine.

Hi Rick,

I really admire you for the courage and perseverance in taking on so many "forum warriors" all by yourself. Thank you for sharing your observations. I believe some of the other players (especially the mid-level hunters, myself included) share similar experience as you.

It is a problem for mid-level hunters and the game at large if mid-level hunters requires US$1000s in bankroll to progress. Most of them will either downgrade to kill punies; quit the game; or quit hunting. This does not benefits the uber with high efficiency gear to sell. It does not benefit land/shop owners if mid-level hunter scale down on their activities. And it does not benefit the game economy and MA as there will be fewer players and lower revenue

So, this is an issue that MA needs to address or else most new players will eventually quit the game or scale down when they progress to mid-level. All the marketing dollar will just go down the drain...

I have listed 2 questions related to this issue in the AMA for MA to think about and hope that we can hear it from them.

In the meantime, just relax and not stress yourself up.

Cheers!

Thank you, and I wish you well out there.

I do not intend to post much more, it took a while to nail down the facts. The conclusion I've come to is no matter what weapon you're using or how efficient that weapon is....you still need a huge amount of peds to run it in the new version of Loot 2.

So the 'Warriors" as you put it...smiles. Are stating this. You must run tens of K peds, we expect the system to pay you at some point. If that doesn't happen and you come back to the forum, we will give you a whole pile of poo and tell you to go back and pump in more tens of K peds.

This is becasue and here's the funny part...... If you're not getting that big equal out multiplier, then you're doing it wrong..... ok then. Thank you very much I know where I stand. That's all I ever wanted was to understand where I stand. Understand the 'real' expectations., then make choices based around that.

My other issue is (partly due to the brutality of the forum), is I'm at the position I don't want to contribute to some other players arrogance right now (and I have paid a lot of cash). I kind of want to let the game roll for a while, and see how some of them get on without most of my soc depositing. Some will say deposits have nothing to do with it....well I'm happy to watch the system go after depo's and see if a few of them crack under that pressure.

All is cool...I'm happy. Anyway everytime I think the thread is dying, I get sucked back in.

Rick

Back