Ricks Budget Cat4 MM 2013 For LAUGHS!!!!!

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Hey Entropians

Deposited £65 exchange for 1026 peds.

Time for some laughs....lol.

I must admit it's exciting to be back in MM, but rather than go all out and get stressed out, lets play for some entertainment and see how far I can go.

Running Mindforce chips too, so no $40 gun to worry about to go high end shooting.

Can only hunt kerbs in Cat4, won't even attempt the spiders or Yule Bot.

First run, and hit an 87 ped globals weeee!!!! I only managed to burn 293 ped SME (ammo) in an hour...how funny is that.

Round 1: Took 500 ammo in, came out with 514. Need to take off chip and repairs. Think that run cost me 20 peds.....can't stop laughing.

So folks, worried it might cost a lot? DONT...play for laughs if on a budget

Good luck and Merry Christmas

Rick

Cant find the funny part?

I can hunt baby Keberos naked with less than 20 ped/hour turnover as well with a Powerfist or such, but it is just boring :confused:

hmmm...looks like they huntable in Gremlin :D
Maybe I should take a peek in Cat4 also :D

Cant find the funny part?

I can hunt baby Keberos naked with less than 20 ped/hour turnover as well with a Powerfist or such, but it is just boring :confused:

Those cat4 kerbs hit me reasonably hard in phantom 5B's, I need a fap. It's funny playing for fun with new entertainment mindset.

hmmm...looks like they huntable in Gremlin :D
Maybe I should take a peek in Cat4 also :D

I'm sure they do cold, so gremlin should be fine (I only have phantom).

Sure go for it. just have some laughs if chances of winning are next to zero. Play for some Christmas spirited fun.

Would be funny to run 500 keys (if possible)....sod the prizes.

Rick

Its only 552 hours in 23 days so can be hard to do all 500 keys ;)

Those cat4 kerbs hit me reasonably hard in phantom 5B's, I need a fap. It's funny playing for fun with new entertainment mindset.

Sure go for it. just have some laughs if chances of winning are next to zero. Play for some Christmas spirited fun.

Rick

Actually 1000 keys ;)

EEEEVEN harder! 100 ped to anyone that finish every minute on every key :laugh:

Actually 1000 keys ;)

not possible!
One already loses too much time due to the server time outs :D

Go go go rick :D Finish MM with a profit if you can :D

Actually 1000 keys ;)

LOL gents. Would be cool to do all the keys. Like you say time would be an issue.

Go go go rick :D Finish MM with a profit if you can :D

Update:

Hour 01: even-ish, tiny loss 87 global
Hour 02: even-ish, tiny loss 105 global
Hour 03: tried enhancers on Pyro chip, bad mistake, no global 140 loss.

860 peds left. Will continue another day.

Now I'll contribute to the serious cat4 thread....mmmm maybe.

Rick

Update:

Rick's budget Cat4 Mayhem rocking forward with some little VI combustive (L) chips.

Hour 04: 2 globals 77 + 152 (3 guns in that), was about 150 up on that run.
Hour 05: no globals, loss, but pulled some back from yesterday over all.

Had a little count up, got about 948 peds left after 5 runs if those guns sell. I had about 150 ped before start of MM included in that 948 and already had a UR125 and few chip.

Going ok after 5 hours. 25 hours to go.

Another Update:

Hour 06: no globals, down to 830 peds after 6 hours (assume items in auction sell)

Big gratz to Fort on his hofs.

nn

Rick

Last edited:
Update:

Rick's budget Cat4 Mayhem rocking forward with some little VI combustive (L) chips.

Hour 04: 2 globals 77 + 152 (3 guns in that), was about 150 up on that run.
Hour 05: no globals, loss, but pulled some back from yesterday over all.

Had a little count up, got about 948 peds left after 5 runs if those guns sell. I had about 150 ped before start of MM included in that 948 and already had a UR125 and few chip.

Going ok after 5 hours. 25 hours to go.

Another Update:

Hour 06: no globals, down to 830 peds after 6 hours (assume items in auction sell)

Big gratz to Fort on his hofs.

nn

Rick

Thank you Rick, it was an exciting day :)

add fort to the list of people from the team in the zombie kong debacle that got some nice loots, that leaves only cc I think to claim his. maybe he got em already though, im not sure.

Daily update:

Hour 07: no glob again, 689 peds remaining.

Laters

Rick

Rick

Im sorry but I dont understand why all this is so funny. I mean more the normal.
Hunting for laughs, and you laughed all thru the hunt.

Ive played PE for 10 years for fun, and laughed.... not all the time. Maybe its just me, but my time (on this earth) is to valuable that if I have the choise I will stop doing something that isnt fun, throw it out the window. Be it computer game, or food.

I think what you are trying to say, is your gonna do casual hunting this mayhem.

No need to thank me ;)
(I wrote this for fun)

Thank You Kimmi

Im sorry but I dont understand why all this is so funny. I mean more the normal.
Hunting for laughs, and you laughed all thru the hunt.

Ive played PE for 10 years for fun, and laughed.... not all the time. Maybe its just me, but my time (on this earth) is to valuable that if I have the choise I will stop doing something that isnt fun, throw it out the window. Be it computer game, or food.

I think what you are trying to say, is your gonna do casual hunting this mayhem.

No need to thank me ;)
(I wrote this for fun)

I will thank you for contributing to my thread Kimmi, and Merry Christmas too you.

Lets face it doing MM causally is not really the main idea behind the competition is it. It's all about maxing it up and blasting as hard as you can for 30 hours, not to mention ringing alarm bells at your credit card provider. So the first few rounds were pretty funny trying to get a good number of kills done with a Fire chip. I still feel the need to attempt to be competitive even at lower firepower.

However; It's getting a bit boring now, no globals for over 3 hours it's turning into falling asleep mode. If you want seriousness that last 3 hours just about sums it up. Moments of fun and excitement, followed by long periods of boredom and frustration.

It's no secret; I've struggled to laugh for a while here, although deep down the sad thing is I really want to smile hard (I gave a big part of my life to Entropia). Maybe that's why I'm trying a different approach looking for that equilibrium that both MA and I are happy with. Maybe I'm trying to find happiness in myself.

So the game doesn't piss you off in the slightest over 10 solid years of play and a bucket load of cash later? You've never had that feeling of wanting to throw your PC out of the window? Come on Kimmi I'm sure you're no robot, you're full of character.

I gave them $102 (£65 in my money), and I will push on and see how many rounds I can get done.

But hey; I can take it or leave it now, and that Kimmi is what makes me smile the most.

All the very best

Rick

How is it not possible to get a global in cat. 4?
I mean they are sopsosed to be stonger mobs than cat. 3 and 2 but the loot is badder makes no sense to me.

I mean they are sopsosed to be stonger mobs than cat. 3 and 2 but the loot is badder makes no sense to me.

Fort took it all....LOL.

I don't know mate, maybe each category has it's own pool.

I take down 30 - 33 kerb per round, around 90K damage. Not many kerbs, but not bad with non-enhanced chips I guess.

Maybe I'm building for a fat HOF.

Maybe is programmed for more hardcore damage turnover. It dropped globals in the first few rounds, so it's possible to find them I suppose.

All is cool my end. Good luck if in Cat4

Rick

He never said he can't get globals, he just said they didn't come for the last few runs :) I've seen eomon hunts with no globals so anything is possible...

Anyway, Rick, keep it casual :) If fun is the objective, throw in some variation, do some teams...I've done a few mayhem team hunts and they are a lot more fun then the solo and return usually better too :)

I've done 7 runs in cat 2. Put about 200 peds in mind essence a run and no globals so far. I use Lacerating Attack Nanochip VII (L).
Im running around in Adj Pixie and healing with SI heart. Not doing this in a hurry just normal grinding.
I kill about 70-80 Kerbs a round.
If i remember correct my worst return so far is 140 ped. Two rounds about brake even.

Im not doing MM to compete can't even beat the Yule Bot so just trying to loot something nice and different and skill MF. This far got one of those Christmas candys and a Binary mayhem gun :duh:

I have only poor experiences during these Mayhems. This is just first year playing but experienced 3 mayhems, tried two of them.
In Halloween mayhem things seemed to turn bad fast so i stop hunting those zombies and when Mr. Pumpkin desided to be a nolooter i continued with my normal Iron mission.
During that robot war mayhem i was doing Argo Iron Mission and did 250 ped runs and used Lacerating Attack Nanochip V. At moments i had about 15% nolooters and novas. I dont know if that is normal variance or just because of mayhem?
Later i got a small hof that evend out losses. I dont remember if it was during mayhem or after.

Hope so too.

Im running out of peds soon and not sure if im going to depo more now and continue to see what happens or wait till after MM?

Later i got a small hof that evend out losses. I dont remember if it was during mayhem or after.

Im running out of peds soon and not sure if im going to depo more now and continue to see what happens or wait till after MM?

Well gratz on small hof to even it out, it normally comes if you can hold out long enough.
Play to your budget Axos what ever happens, then all is cool.

Christmas Eve Update:

Run 08: 129 global, was quite pleased after quite few hours without one. Decided to do another run.
Run 09: 274 global, now we're talking. More peds for more runs :yay:

Back to 880 peds if oils sell. invested in another L chip to keep going.

Wishing you all a very lovely Christmas. Kids day tomorrow, so back on Boxing day.

Can't complain with 9 hours MM hunting done and 880 peds remaining. Thanks MA

Laters

Rick

I will thank you for contributing to my thread Kimmi, and Merry Christmas too you.

Lets face it doing MM causally is not really the main idea behind the competition is it. It's all about maxing it up and blasting as hard as you can for 30 hours, not to mention ringing alarm bells at your credit card provider. So the first few rounds were pretty funny trying to get a good number of kills done with a Fire chip. I still feel the need to attempt to be competitive even at lower firepower.

erhmmm...
even though it might sound rude...
Is your Ego too small ?
One has not always to be the best or to win.
MM is not about the top 100, it's about not caring too much about eco (but still staying with ones budget) .
Most of us do not even think about any rankings, it's about spending a bit of money and having a blast.
And even though MM might sound like the perfect place to "make money fast", most people do't fall for it.
Just take a look at the scores last year...maybe top 10 to top 15 were competing, rest was not even really trying.
I think your budget this year is challenging and there is fun in that.
...and a budget for winning...
well, a budget for winning does not cover the losses anymore.
Those that that do not care about money lost might win, but those that have already the necessary outfit and skill are the most probable to win.
And from my point of view, they do not really have the intended fun in MM, because for them there is no challenge.

Most of us do not even think about any rankings, it's about spending a bit of money and having a blast.

Here you are spending money on wrong thing then. Putting money in e.g. Argo mission gives a better blast. More globals even hofs. Better loot in average, much more different things. Not Just animal eye oil, some components, ammo and animal oil residue as in this mayhem. Argo mission includes suprises.

I did run 9. Killed 82 Kerbs and still no global yet. Killed around 700 of them and spent 1800 on mind essence. No big losses on this run though, just a few peds.

Im maybe building an ATH :laugh:

Sorry for spamming your thread Rick but both using MF in different categories is nice to compare with each other.

erhmmm...
even though it might sound rude...
Is your Ego too small ?
One has not always to be the best or to win.
MM is not about the top 100, it's about not caring too much about eco (but still staying with ones budget) .
And even though MM might sound like the perfect place to "make money fast", most people do't fall for it.
Just take a look at the scores last year...maybe top 10 to top 15 were competing, rest was not even really trying.
I think your budget this year is challenging and there is fun in that.
...and a budget for winning...
well, a budget for winning does not cover the losses anymore.
Those that that do not care about money lost might win, but those that have already the necessary outfit and skill are the most probable to win.
And from my point of view, they do not really have the intended fun in MM, because for them there is no challenge.

Hee,hee I've never really had a ego in game, all I ever wanted was for it to be enjoyable and affordable. That said a few times I've tried to "make it" so to speak. Buying a load of CLD's, buying a few top end MF chips.

Most of the guys I know really push hard (or used too), not only MM but usual hunting too. Personally I found it the only way to get the kick you need from the game. You will generally get hofs if you punch in enough peds and build enough damage.

Smaller hunters have got lucky, but that approach rarely worked for me. I'm only on a low budget now, because I don't have the confidence or belief to push harder (I've done that, let others have a go...laughing).

I've often believed we're competing against others on 'total' damage done, and if in those group of players that do "most damage" top list you will often be rewarded.

Similar to the two runs I just did in MM. There were a few hard core hunters pulling hofs in the same category (cat4) while I was hunting, they got paid I didn't. Highly likely due to their much improved damage on a shared cat pool. Very good luck to them, I'm pleased they were rewarded for their efforts.

Anyhow update:

Hour 10: no globs
Hour 11: no globs

The issue this year is you have to clock up the 30 hours to qualify for a prize, that will be more of a challenge than mobs killed on a budget.

581 Peds left, and need a new fap very soon.

Good luck, hof it up. I'll try another day.

Rick

Update:

Hour 12:
2 globals 147+106

Bought a new UR125 110 peds

718 peds left after that run if auction items sell.
Less fap is 608 peds

Should get passed key 13, hopefully now.

Laters

Rick.

Update:

Hour 13: Horrid.
Hour 14: Result!!! 3 globals 295 + 96 + 92

762 peds to go, if few weapons sell.

Looks like worst case will be at least 50% MM done.

Ticking over well now.

Rick

Hee,hee I've never really had a ego in game, all I ever wanted was for it to be enjoyable and affordable. That said a few times I've tried to "make it" so to speak. Buying a load of CLD's, buying a few top end MF chips.

Most of the guys I know really push hard (or used too), not only MM but usual hunting too. Personally I found it the only way to get the kick you need from the game. You will generally get hofs if you punch in enough peds and build enough damage.

Smaller hunters have got lucky, but that approach rarely worked for me. I'm only on a low budget now, because I don't have the confidence or belief to push harder (I've done that, let others have a go...laughing).

I've often believed we're competing against others on 'total' damage done, and if in those group of players that do "most damage" top list you will often be rewarded.

Similar to the two runs I just did in MM. There were a few hard core hunters pulling hofs in the same category (cat4) while I was hunting, they got paid I didn't. Highly likely due to their much improved damage on a shared cat pool. Very good luck to them, I'm pleased they were rewarded for their efforts.

Anyhow update:

Hour 10: no globs
Hour 11: no globs

The issue this year is you have to clock up the 30 hours to qualify for a prize, that will be more of a challenge than mobs killed on a budget.

581 Peds left, and need a new fap very soon.

Good luck, hof it up. I'll try another day.

Rick

well...I am more a bit on the other side of the fence this year :D
I allways had to play on a small budget, it was allways a struggle to at least complete MM and beeing in top200 would have been enough :D
This year I could afford pumping way more in, but if I make top100 thats enough christmas present for me :D
Besides...in order to really compete with the top10 I would need to chip up to level69 and even then, there are not enough high DPS guns on the market .
Scout200 is my main gun this year :D

Scout200 is my main gun this year :D

Scout 200 (L) is a really nice gun, I had tons of fun with that in MM cat3 last year. If you don't stand a chance of prizes, as long as it's entertaining and you get a few skills it's not so bad. Good luck having some nice runs.

Update for cat 4:

Afternoon session

Hour/Key 15: Global 122
Hour/Key 16: Global 148

Evening session:

Hour/Key 17: horrible
Hour/Key 18: still horrible..lol

Either was due two bad runs, or maybe multi 4 digit hof Cat5 teams are being funded from all categories....who knows. They must be pumping in huge amount of peds themselves though.

Still; Not doing too bad to get 18 keys done so far, I will push on.

Happy hoffing

Rick

who say EU can't be fun ?

the strange think is i did the exact same think that you did whith out depositing and i still did not manage to lose peds.

using L chips to heal and combustif for dmg my chips are lower as my MF skills are total crap.

mayby i will go MF for 2014 :yay:

oh and got 61 ped global to day am so awsome. :wtg:

who say EU can't be fun ?

oh and got 61 ped global to day am so awsome. :wtg:

Gz on global :)

Decided to do one more run this evening see if changed things.

Hour/Key 19: no global

Bought a 28 ped VI pyro chip.
327 peds for ammo tomorrow.

Should get 20 runs from 30 done.

MA say don't fear other players loot when fat hofs come in, although I still find that pretty hard to accept (over the years).

Laters, happy hunting.

Rick

Back