Rings becoming too overpowered?

Do you think the christmas 2020 is too overpowered?

• Yes

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 62.8%

• Total voters
Grats to all the winners so far. There have been about 7 dropped the past couple days.

Yes it seems like this ring is dropping very frequently to saturate the market a bit unlike how the hw 18 only like 5 dropped during the event and the rest dropped over time. Or it may be that there are A LOT of boxes being open. Right now the prices are trying to stay in the high 30s. What do you think the implications are if they keep dropping at this rate since we still got a whole month of mayhem boxes to deal with.

Or it may be that there are A LOT of boxes being open..
This ! When i got my ring 2 days i got 10 to 15 sec delay per box !
Yesterday during same time Raven got the ring i opened few boxes and delay was up to 20 sec :eek::eek::eek:
The way i see drop rates with rings work for me is very simple ...every 10k-15k boxes a ring drop.Who ll get it is absolutly random and last 2-3 rings going to 25-30lvl players proves that . If the whole server opens same type of box then a lot of rings will drop and most of them will be during prime time and my guess is by the end of December 20-25 rings ll drop total

Last edited:
Just joined the Xmas 2020 ring club tonite. Opening my own looted boxes. Just to clarify -5% does not deteriorate your health it just negates life steal. So just means I stop using lifesteal mayhem amps and use another amp. Plenty out there. In the end the stats or value don't concern me too much. Whenever I looted a ring whatever it was I was going to keep it and its more than what i had a few hours ago. Hopefully will take me a notch or two up the mayhem results board. Though i just moved to 6 so might be a bit low on dps.

It seems to me that the characteristics are a little overstated. On the other hand, though, it's a Christmas bonus. It should be a bonus, not a useless handout.

It seems to me that the characteristics are a little overstated. On the other hand, though, it's a Christmas bonus. It should be a bonus, not a useless handout.
They are not a bonus. They are a cashgrab for mindark. Mayhem boxes a big part of their income. So the more people they can get to open boxes the better. They used to be purchasable directly through the web shop but 3 years ago during hw mayhem they made them lootable for the first time. I think this was a very smart move on their part. It allowed players who dont depo a lot to make money off the boxes to sell to the people that like the gamble or want the rings etc. They also introduced a lot of other much needed items like the melee amps with lifesteal and the other amps for guns. So the actual stats they put on the rings is a very delicate balancing act.
1. To make the ring desirable so many people open boxes
2. Balance the stats with other rings or future rings they will release (if they even think that far ahead)
3. Adjust the drop rate of the boxes themselves so that there is enough to meet the demand of those wishing to open them
4. Adjust the drop rate of the actual rings so that there are not too few rings to go around or too many
5. Keep in mind the owners of alll the other rings so they don't too heavily impact their prices. Mindark pissed a lot of people off with loot 2.0 and the devaluation of older unl items, so they have been careful not to create similar issues.

I am sure there are many more factors that go into deciding all this but those are the main ones i can think of.

They are not a bonus. They are a cashgrab for mindark. Mayhem boxes a big part of their income. So the more people they can get to open boxes the better. They used to be purchasable directly through the web shop but 3 years ago during hw mayhem they made them lootable for the first time. I think this was a very smart move on their part. It allowed players who dont depo a lot to make money off the boxes to sell to the people that like the gamble or want the rings etc. They also introduced a lot of other much needed items like the melee amps with lifesteal and the other amps for guns. So the actual stats they put on the rings is a very delicate balancing act.
1. To make the ring desirable so many people open boxes
2. Balance the stats with other rings or future rings they will release (if they even think that far ahead)
3. Adjust the drop rate of the boxes themselves so that there is enough to meet the demand of those wishing to open them
4. Adjust the drop rate of the actual rings so that there are not too few rings to go around or too many
5. Keep in mind the owners of alll the other rings so they don't too heavily impact their prices. Mindark pissed a lot of people off with loot 2.0 and the devaluation of older unl items, so they have been careful not to create similar issues.

I am sure there are many more factors that go into deciding all this but those are the main ones i can think of.

And, apparently, I misunderstood what subjects were being discussed. I'm just a beginner. Well, after you explained, it became clearer. An interesting way to make money on players. As I understand it, the chance of falling out of the coveted ring is not so high.

And, apparently, I misunderstood what subjects were being discussed. I'm just a beginner. Well, after you explained, it became clearer. An interesting way to make money on players. As I understand it, the chance of falling out of the coveted ring is not so high.
Hey its not a problem. We are here to have a dialogue, learn, and grow. Only through the freedom of expression of our thoughts and ideas can we give life meaning and purpose. Don't ever feel ashamed for posting something jst because you are new or dontt understand. As long as you are not flaming or being abusive and provide your comment in a constructive fashion and are willing to accept the same can we progress.

They have always increased the cost to play in various ways. When rings have reached the top there be a new item released that you'll need to buy to catch up with the then new "average player".

Always been like that, they want our money in the end :D

You won't take damage with negative Life Steal, but you will need to get more than 5% on other sources to get Life Steal again

Negative rings now haha. Well that's opened Pandoras box. New awesome weapons with negative run speed and negative hp regeneration coming soon. Haha.

Negative rings now

Negative rings were introduced as early as Halloween 2015 which was the first seasonal ring introduced.
This obviously is a secret information and only if you access a ultra secret website such as google.com you can find official information about its stats.

Hey its not a problem. We are here to have a dialogue, learn, and grow. Only through the freedom of expression of our thoughts and ideas can we give life meaning and purpose. Don't ever feel ashamed for posting something jst because you are new or dontt understand. As long as you are not flaming or being abusive and provide your comment in a constructive fashion and are willing to accept the same can we progress.

I am not prone to aggression or insults to others. I quite calmly accept criticism, constructive comments and another point of view that does not coincide with mine. And if I see that the interlocutor is aggressive, I don’t get in touch at all. It's a waste of time to prove something to someone:ROFLMAO:

I took tha
Negative rings were introduced as early as Halloween 2015 which was the first seasonal ring introduced.
This obviously is a secret information and only if you access a ultra secret website such as google.com you can find official information about its stats.

I took that 2015 halloween ring to imply increased critical damage "inflicted on a mob", and decreased critical damage "received from a mob attack" using that ring. Both are benefits.

This new reduced lifesteal ring offsets a 5% lifesteal benefit from another source. Do any other season rings offset or cancel a benefit from another source?

I do not now what is the problem with a new ring

If no better or improvement at all, we would be stuck in 2003 forever. There needs to be some better stuff now and then. Should be very easy to understand..

I took tha

I took that 2015 halloween ring to imply increased critical damage "inflicted on a mob", and decreased critical damage "received from a mob attack" using that ring. Both are benefits.

This new reduced lifesteal ring offsets a 5% lifesteal benefit from another source. Do any other season rings offset or cancel a benefit from another source?

When someone points you to a ring and you only read what you like from that ring you are either blind or ignorant.
When you read every line on Halloween 2015 ring you will notice "deceleration".I don't know where are you from and maybe your English is not your main language but for me deceleration is when I am trying to run and someone slow me down (in this case a ring property, not a person as you might imply)
This deceleration for an avid hunter who is running from a mob to another to increase turnover therefore increase performance/progress is a debuff.Maybe there is a scenario where deceleration is a buff for you so excuse me.
So far there have been rings with deceleration, no other negative buff introduced as far as I know so expect more to come.

I took tha

2015 Halloween ring shows the decreased run speed at 13% so you would need to find offsets in other buffs to counteract this effect to achieve a run speed increase.

The 2020 Christmas Ring now (after typo fix) has -5 life steal so if would need to find other sources of life steal to counter that effect if you want life steal back in some way. It is still a decent ring and at +5 life steal it would have been even better and probably commanded a higher resale price tag.

What is EU without trade offs? There have always been choices to make based on item stats and some are better than others while combinations of others may be worth it. So if life steal works well for your setup then maybe this ring is not an option while others might take the life steal hit to gain the other stats since they are more important to them especially on a left hand ring.

In some other games a - 5 life steal would be you got 5% damage every shot, but not here. Enjoy the new items

Almoust every high level hunter has life steal so the usual answer is i have LS why would i never need a healer . Dosen't MA think for even a second it's getting to OP ?

Almoust every high level hunter has life steal so the usual answer is i have LS why would i never need a healer . Dosen't MA think for even a second it's getting to OP ?
Thanks for the 2 year necro bump!

Back