Rings becoming too overpowered?

Do you think the christmas 2020 is too overpowered?

• Yes

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • No

Votes: 54 62.8%

• Total voters

Xanato Xan Kaso

Stalker
Society
The Frozen Flame
Xanato Xan Kaso
So I went and checked out the new christmas ring, and its pretty dope right?
christmas-ring-2020.jpg

But has anyone noticed a trend with the rings getting more powerful. This is the 3rd ring in a row with 3% crit on it, and this is a left hand ring... But not only does it have 3% crit. It has 30% crit dmg.... Thats half the strength of an EST set... AND THATS NOT IT. It also has 15% reload, BUT WAIT THERES MORE. It also has 5% of the max lifesteal from items. And if that wasnt enough it also gives you max runspeed... This is the single most powerful ring ever created, I am surprised they didnt add crit reduction to top it off.
Now my profession is rings, thats what i deal with the most. And as awesome as this ring is, I think its going to really mess up the market, especially with it being left handed. Dont get me wrong I want one, but I cant help but feel like this is another cashgrab by mindark to fix their Q4 income... I am sure a lot of people have made withdrawels over this year because of Covid 19.

When halloween 18 came out everyone wanted one. i think it sold on auction for like 45k... and it was only 2% crit... This thing makes the hw 18 look like a deflated balloon in comparison..
And no matter how many drop its going to mess up the market, turning it completely on its head. If they release a lot of these, then a lot of previously useless rings suddenly become more appealing and everythings price changes.. If only a few are released, its going to have an insanely high value im betting close to easter 16 prices. But back to my main issue.

Mindark does not seem to be releasing rings that are interesting or make it fun to mix and max. This ring just made every other ring obsolete.. This is both a grinding and a mayhem ring with max stats. Where the easter 20 and summer 20 both have 3% crit, they have 2 different jobs. After this ring what else could mindark possibly release that would be of any interest to us? A defense stat Right hand ring? And with the super early announcement and the practice time, people are going to be farming boxes like crazy to either sell to rich people or to open themselves. I know all rings are a way for mindark to make money. I get it they are a business, But this rings.... Its TOO MUCH. It is too overpowered. And no matter how many drop there will be way more demand than there will be supply.

And before anyone comments I am mentioning this because I make money off rings, you should know that I have many different rings and overall I wont be affected because half my rings will go up in value because they would make a good pair with this ring while some would go down. So in the end I would be about the same.

That, is Bonkers

I’m not voting, because I don’t know the ring/gear meta fully to understand the market. But this is fascinating and I look forward to reading this thread :popcorn:

I disagree with OP 100% but I understand the bias here, you are worried to loose value on your rings, especially when you have so many of them. I have a couple of them too and I am well aware they constantly decay in value. But I also understand the direction and I appreciate Sally is looking more closely to balancing the combat buffs that are so important. With the past 2 rings they are looking to closing the critical damage gap between the EST & Omegaton attachments and the 12-16% the rings used to have so far and this change is anticipated and most welcomed. A cashgrab? Isn't it the same thing for everyone involved, MA and players alike?
One thing is for sure, they are listening and that change is good :D
Nope, it's not too much, everything is going to be in even higher demand. with all the seasonal rings in the game, at this moment there are only 2 in auction for sale. I'd say the demand is very high right now with many new and retuning players.

If you read my second post i have no personal bias because of my personal stake in renting my rings. But just comparing the rings as a whole. But when you factor in the crit scopes and sights it does make some sense. But only if they release enough rings where more than a couple people have the benefit of them.. otherwise its just like the crit scope and sights.

There will never be enough because some people that want them will only biy if they are 20 peds or so and as I said they are filling a big void of critical damage which was greatly needed, meaning in the long term 'free' dps. This is a good trend and I hope it keeps up. It didn't start with the crit rings this year, it started with the mayhem amps a few years ago. A lot of 'free' dps very accessible. That's what I'm hoping for these buffs too, to become somewhat easily accessible for people instead of only a few having access to very high level buffs.
MA released good buffs starting many years ago but people kept selling and the items found their way to only a handful of players that saw the potential and invested, so the only option for MA was to 'flood' the game with buffs that anyone could loot, not just award them as prizes so that the only ones to access those would be the same few very well geared...
What's left to fix from this accessible dps path they walk is to sort out the other buffs, the pills because currently they are a big mess - some tradable, none actionable, so mostly at the hands of the resellers, some seasonal boxes drop seasonal buffs, all should. like halloween boxes should have hallowen candy in them then summer ones should have something too.
But overall I think this path is good for the game.

Now my profession is rings, thats what i deal with the most. And as awesome as this ring is, I think its going to really mess up the market, especially with it being left handed. Dont get me wrong I want one
Time for a new profession. ;)

Personally, I think Mindark should remove the limitations on the system as is as it maxes you below a level that you can actually obtain between combinations of items, rings, and pets... If it's in game and offers a buff they should allow it to stack... If it pushes you over they should compensate with other buffs to offset to overage. Current system's limitations are much like overkill type stuff pre loot 2.0 on buffs...

Mindark never tests anything to the level they need to so most every mayhem has to be reset, or stuff like the yog thing happens... They ought to allow power players to play. Fix the system to allow it.

Original game theme/idea was to use multiple accessories other than just one ring on each hand... make it so... each avatar has multiple fingers on each hands and toes on each foot that are ready for rints! Where's the ear rings?

index.php

Bring forth the munchkins!

Last edited:
There will never be enough because some people that want them will only biy if they are 20 peds or so and as I said they are filling a big void of critical damage which was greatly needed, meaning in the long term 'free' dps. This is a good trend and I hope it keeps up. It didn't start with the crit rings this year, it started with the mayhem amps a few years ago. A lot of 'free' dps very accessible. That's what I'm hoping for these buffs too, to become somewhat easily accessible for people instead of only a few having access to very high level buffs.
MA released good buffs starting many years ago but people kept selling and the items found their way to only a handful of players that saw the potential and invested, so the only option for MA was to 'flood' the game with buffs that anyone could loot, not just award them as prizes so that the only ones to access those would be the same few very well geared...
What's left to fix from this accessible dps path they walk is to sort out the other buffs, the pills because currently they are a big mess - some tradable, none actionable, so mostly at the hands of the resellers, some seasonal boxes drop seasonal buffs, all should. like halloween boxes should have hallowen candy in them then summer ones should have something too.
But overall I think this path is good for the game.
Your argument for crit and crit damage makes sense. But why did this ring need 15% reload AND 5% lifesteal to boot?? most right hand rings have high reload so why does this ring need 15%??? why not give it 5 so it maybe matches with the halloween 2020. which only got 10.

Up until this ring there was no single ring that was without a doubt better than any other ring. Different combinations were roughly equal to each other and you could debate what rings you used vs what type of hunting you were doing. But as it stands, there is absolutely no reason to have any other left hand ring except for the xmas 20. It is hands down the best ring. Period. The only reason to not use it is if you were using and xmas 16 for the mining buffs but that doesnt really count. So now it all depends on what do you want in your right hand. More crit dmg? go with summer 20 and max your lifesteal. Autoloot. pick one of the couple rings that offers it. Crit? Take your pick as most rings have crit. If you have a scope, you have even more flexibbility. Bt there is no reason to use any other ring than the xmas 20.. The reload is what took this ring from being 'the crit dmg ring' to the 'use for everything' ring.

And I am not complaining because I think this is going to hurt my business. As I previously stated, I have a lot of rings, so I will balance out in the end, that is not what I am concerned with. My issue is they built 'ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL'. They gave it the best of everything. There is no theorycrafting to be done, weighing the pros or cons of certain benefits, Making tradeoffs, would I rather life steal or crit dmg, reload or crit, etc. Do I want autoloot or defense buffs.

And my next concern is that mindark is not going to let a lot of these spawn, so they will just wind up in the hands of the same few who already have the best gear. But then what do they release next?? where do you go from this? This is like the best it gets.

Original game theme/idea was to use multiple accessories other than just one ring on each hand... make it so... each avatar has multiple fingers on each hands and toes on each foot that are ready for rints! Where's the ear rings?

index.php

Bring forth the munchkins!
Are those ASS Piercing's????

Trend of hgher buffs and higher DPS has been going up over the years. Hell of a ring ...yeah. I wonder how many are going to be out there. One in 5k or 10k boxes?

What is the best Right-Hand ring combo for this? Considering a 10% max on life steal?

One thing is certain, I want one. ?

What is the best Right-Hand ring combo for this? Considering a 10% max on life steal?
the summer 2020 is the best as it gives you 20 more crit dmg and maxes out the lifesteal and crit. then it would be your choice between xmas 17 for 2 crit 2 lifesteal and 25 hp or easter 17 for 2 crit 24hp autoloot and decrease crit 24.

It is inevitable that to promote opening of boxes the rings will keep getting better over time , there is no other playbook for MA unless ofcourse they come up with some other wearable to add bonus too. Rings as an investment over time ( few blips of up and down not withstanding) will depreciate over time and there is little that can change that.

Original game theme/idea was to use multiple accessories other than just one ring on each hand...
index.php

"Time for a new profession"
index.php

Sorry Maria, but in the image You posted I see 2 slots right in the ass.

WHAT KIND OF PROFESSION IS THAT ??

joking ?

Paul

Last edited:
Just like every damn year, and i'm cool about it, i have a mod ares haha.
This is so obvious that MA want more people to get good rings to play with, there we go with this, and summer 2020, and others...

Aint gonna buy one, but will try to get one for sure :)

Note : the ring does decay in value since DAY 1 !
Can't wait to see the other next ring, mark my word, one day we will see "Neck item" with tiny perks, could be some looting with X range and/or evade.

Cheers.

I agree with Maria and removing the caps or at least expanding them. Would love to be able to get 50% run speed off items or +50 hp, or 25% reload etc...

we need new buffs. Instead of just maxing out all of the existing ones... how about a crafting ring that gives a 25% increased chance of looting a gemstone, or a hunting ring that gives a chance to deflect damage like an upgraded armor plate, or a defensive ring that reduces damage taken from specific weapons by x%... I’m not saying it has to be these but the buffs have not really changed over the years there’s lots of room for creativity.

I do see your concerns but also have to agree with evey, the already existing items needed an alternative EST sets and scopes/laser sights gave advantages in select areas on select weapon types that didnt exist for others - this new ring bridges the gap and opens up more combination options.

From a more general viewpoint however i have to say that i dont think its a wise aproach to release items that will allow to 'max out' all the caps - it defeats the purpose of caps in the first place. Buff caps in games exist to make it easier for game designers to offer a wide variety of options without having to balance them all, that why it usually should be the aim to have items/buffs that are more focused/specific in which benefits they provide.
Im convinced that releasing items that 'throw away' the advantages of bonuses by just giving too many in all areas reduces the ability of players to specialize and focus in one area.
Run speed for itself could have been an ability well worth sacrificing others to max out, so could lifesteal/evade/dodge/jamming as well as max dps options - but with the current rings its kinda specializing on everything and therefor on nothing because everyone else who can afford it will do the same - it doesnt require the choice of a player to accept a 'weakness' in one area for 'exellence' in another.
What this does in the end is that reaching the 'caps' becomes mandatory because its achievable and the only future ways to improve is by raising the caps at some point (which reduces the overall importance of skills and their value) or introducing totally new buffs that have a higher impact (which would deal a huge blow to the market value of all existing rings).

Buff caps in games exist to make it easier for game designers to offer a wide variety of options without having to balance them all, that why it usually should be the aim to have items/buffs that are more focused/specific in which benefits they provide.
The main problem I see with the caps is that the webshop doesn't mention a thing about it and that is one of the main points of sale of this game, and the item info screens don't say much about it - you only see the caps when you are over them (and in the past the max on some were different and different sets of stacking were possible).... i.e. some may almost look at it as 'false advertising' potentially, much like some governments look at the webshop boxes as gambling.

Your argument for crit and crit damage makes sense. But why did this ring need 15% reload AND 5% lifesteal to boot?? most right hand rings have high reload so why does this ring need 15%??? why not give it 5 so it maybe matches with the halloween 2020. which only got 10.

Up until this ring there was no single ring that was without a doubt better than any other ring. Different combinations were roughly equal to each other and you could debate what rings you used vs what type of hunting you were doing. But as it stands, there is absolutely no reason to have any other left hand ring except for the xmas 20. It is hands down the best ring. Period. The only reason to not use it is if you were using and xmas 16 for the mining buffs but that doesnt really count. So now it all depends on what do you want in your right hand. More crit dmg? go with summer 20 and max your lifesteal. Autoloot. pick one of the couple rings that offers it. Crit? Take your pick as most rings have crit. If you have a scope, you have even more flexibbility. Bt there is no reason to use any other ring than the xmas 20.. The reload is what took this ring from being 'the crit dmg ring' to the 'use for everything' ring.

And I am not complaining because I think this is going to hurt my business. As I previously stated, I have a lot of rings, so I will balance out in the end, that is not what I am concerned with. My issue is they built 'ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL'. They gave it the best of everything. There is no theorycrafting to be done, weighing the pros or cons of certain benefits, Making tradeoffs, would I rather life steal or crit dmg, reload or crit, etc. Do I want autoloot or defense buffs.

And my next concern is that mindark is not going to let a lot of these spawn, so they will just wind up in the hands of the same few who already have the best gear. But then what do they release next?? where do you go from this? This is like the best it gets.
I can easily answer these:
- on why so powerful - because someone in the management looked at sales for example on summer 2019 and asked why they were so low - because the ring was trash so someone had to do some proper homework finally; take into account they released very bad campaigns for them like the ethereal armor
- on why not to use it - there won't be that many in the game so you will still have demand for h18 & h19...
- on what's next - that's one is also super easy! crafting skill - a lot of ppl would want one, faster craft, more skill gains... mining rings also would be great for so many players; what would be better for hunt? an even better ring would be 2% crit chance and 70% crit dmg.

You're forgetting one thing, there are also different perspective and preferences, for example people prefer life steal over dps/dpp, ppl pay way more for a crap ring (in my opinion) as c2019 and way less for a great ring like h18 or h19.

On why not removing the cap on these... I wouldn't expect this from anyone else than mastermesh... removing the cap would create a huge imbalance and an enourmous gap between an average player and a pro hunter that would want to maximize on all buffs while MA is looking to somehow closing a gap between the average and the top to make the top spots seem achievable.

I am hoping they will make crit sights and EST a lot less an advantage and brig in the game more options.
And yes, I think the sales will skyrocket this season and that should always be their #1 concern, they need $ to profit, grow the team more, develop more and bring more content.
Good ring, I like it and I want it too. I still believe the h19 is the next best ring after this one, because what it offers for what it costs.

Much to read, but loot 2.0 means this is allowed. More and better even to come. Don't come with the shocked face :O

Stats were incorrect in the first announcement, it should say -5% (negative 5%) Life Steal and not 5% Life Steal. The ring is now updated with the correct info on the strongbox page :)
Can you elaborate?
Can lifesteal be reduced below 0% and does it then damage you instead of heal?

Back