Robot Beacon Preview Video

Cool Desing i want see execution

or more one istance place with full mob grind?
Example : Kill all mobs and in end kill boss ( everyone happy MA because decay , Loot because loot , and Player think in end change world to kill boss)
or maybe cool dynamic events to make more fun
Example : wait if destroy generator , somes mobs turn off and can procede without kill all istance mob

Case
Generator has gone shutdown for 2min - RUN max your can to avoid somes robot
Repair Bots has repair more early generator , Alert Look around
or Intercept enemty comunication say repair take more time , Great job to your "hacker"

Introduce hacking skills more high more mob your can skip or more time your have to loot
well i think get point

if I didn't already know what a beacon mission is and knew what they use to be like, I'd find the video to be completely void of any useful information. even knowing what I know, it still doesn't convey anything particularly meaningful.

would it have been that hard to show a bit of what actually happens?

Beacon in storage has a lot of dust on it, starting to polish it up :)
Will the beacon values stay the same or will there be new catagories ?

will be there possibility to DO beacon SOLO as before ?

Could the absence of the Bots from the Video mean that they are getting a revamp too?

After all the drones and drokas look way out of place in that background, exactly because they are from a different era.

Could the absence of the Bots from the Video mean that they are getting a revamp too?

After all the drones and drokas look way out of place in that background, exactly because they are from a different era.

Hmm good question actually, very few robots actually looks like they use the state-of-the-art tech and design that the robots are supposed to develop all the time :) maybe its time for them to look nicer

YEAAAAAH!!!!!!

Death to the robots, on Calypso and in space!!!

It's Thanksgiving in the US. Thanks MA for yet another thing to be thankful about!

will be there possibility to DO beacon SOLO as before ?

What.. you wanna try to loot all the boxes using a dune buggy?? LOL

Finally! :D
And just 4 days left, ty! :yay:

The video didn't really excite me. Would have preferred the time wasted spent making the video were instead used to fix graphical and memory errors.

Hmm good question actually, very few robots actually looks like they use the state-of-the-art tech and design that the robots are supposed to develop all the time :) maybe its time for them to look nicer

Maybe put them in Borat style mankini's :silly2:

Just tell me Wheatley doesn't feature in it! :)

wheatley.jpg

Previews always cool, and beacon owners must be those that are looking forward to it most of all!

p.s. why does this not show up when i click dev posts

I was wondering that too.

The beacon looks really nice.

Only on Calypso

Too bad other planets won't have access to them. Did the other planet partners had access to the developing tools needed to create beacons so they can release their version at the same time? I would like to see what an Arkadia beacon mission is going to be

really really glad to hear they are coming.
That preview though... aw man
reminds me of the preview we got for Shinikiba....
keep your day job guys... which is production :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wooooo!!!!!

And about it only being on Calypso, here is what ND said over on his forums,

Because the Robot Beacons are a Calypso story feature, they are getting the system first as a testbed because the mechanics are still being finalized by MA, after it is introduced on Calypso and stable other planet partners will have access to the same tools to create their own spin on the system.

looking forward to it as much as you are

Ive got one in storage and there is atleast one more owned by a soc mate, so I am excited for the new beacons!

narfi

It is a cool teaser, I prefer to not see to mutch. Looking forward to next VU!!!!!:ahh:

Oh WOW!

This looks just like...

...a man made spaceship?!

The robots are designed and built by humans from the start, maybe they got some kind of aesthetic module from back when they were made? :silly2:

The robots are designed and built by humans from the start, maybe they got some kind of aesthetic module from back when they were made? :silly2:

Transformers and Decepticons are not build by humans, but I guess no Bumblebee in the beacons, so not realy a reason for my post :tongue4:

Looking forward to some good old society beacons again, cant wait.

Good job folks.

All thats left now for you to do, is let poor Munchie and Chewie out of cryofreeze :)

Oh WOW!

This looks just like...

Actually it looks like some kind of underground complex, I think I can see stone walls. So maybe the beacons will open a doorway to some robot mines, robot asteroids or even to Akbal Cimi :yay:.

Is it my imagination or ar those stone walls in the background?

Is it my imagination or ar those stone walls in the background?

Now that you mention it, it does look quite a bit like massive cliffs :eyecrazy:

I approve :yay:

Did someone on the development team play Mass Effect? Some parts of the design reminded me of it :silly2:

I was thinking the same thing. Not the same, but it gave me a mass effect feel.

The same is true of the mother ships, that bridge is a mass effect rip off for sure.

Which is fine, i liked the mass effect graphics style.

----------------------

Beacons are Calypso only because they are content, and designed by the calypso team. Planet content designed by a planet team is for that planet.

Platform content. IE the instance system, will be available to all planet partners. And its up to them to actually develop instances if they want to. Im certain they will, would make no sense for them not too. I'm pretty positive akardia has already said they will be doing instances.

And neverdie will likely do a direct rip off off the beacons :p

Dear god...

I was speaking about beacons earlier in society chat.

If the calypso team screws up and makes this pvp, or having to return through some sort of pvp, i'll chip out for sure.

Please Kim or Bjorn, tell us it's not going to have pvp as part and parcel of beacons.

Back