News: ROBOT HARVESTER INVASION

Stop the stupid event till you fix the shit .. ffs. Can't event mine .. coming back to where i dropped 2 mins ago like wtf

Reactions: jak
If they had like 20 harvesters continuously spawn over a bigger area on each location, people would spread out and activly hunt them, it should also ease the server load to have them and people spread out.
Don´t forget they need to make it harder as well. More robots defending their precious harvesters. Heavy Robots should be heavy, not equivalent to something that people could do solo 15 years ago (The robots, one by one, not the whole event thingy. Although I wouldn´t be surprised if there was some people who could have done this entirely solo 15 years ago) :D

The gen3 would be great for a decent sized group of maybe 80 dps. Doesnt't work so well with 200 people where a lot of them are above the double.

Don´t forget they need to make it harder as well. More robots defending their precious harvesters. Heavy Robots should be heavy, not equivalent to something that people could do solo 15 years ago (The robots, one by one, not the whole event thingy. Although I wouldn´t be surprised if there was some people who could have done this entirely solo 15 years ago) :D

The gen3 would be great for a decent sized group of maybe 80 dps. Doesnt't work so well with 200 people where a lot of them are above the double.
This. The HP of the heavy matrix needs to be higher if its intended like Sandking to be a boss mob for heavy avatars

Simply reduce the timers on all sites to 20min respawn, use the 9 existing sites for harvester matrix gen01-09 with respective difficulty increase.
High difficulty surely could involve gen09-10 of all the hard robots maybe even have a top difficulty setting where the defending bots are mulcibers,lord teletons,big berthas,etc maybe dont just deploy shield generators deploy turrets that have to be destroyed.

Have a real good mix of nasty - something noone goes afk in and where everyone has to fight to survive.

And remember to have everything shared loot including all deployed objects.
Dont forget to have a wave event message when one enters the area so people know how long till it respawns.

- Make the shield generators shared loot
- Scale the HP 50-100x or spawn multiple harvesters simultaneously in the area, you can scale it down when activity drops
- Lower the CD and give us some tough ones and adds on top to kill in between
-Just scaling the HP of the harvester and shield generators would do this much more enjoyable - atleast for Gen03/Heavy
-There is no incentivizer to shoot adds nor shield generator, most just target the boss once it spawns and be done with it
a. The first time Shield Generator or any of the adds dropped rare we would see change of pace at these events
b. The harvester could also do 30% of players hp as damage per tick when its protected - to the avatars near it.

index.php

PS. Dont think Gen01/Gen02 has dropped anything so far, if that happened ppl would start exploring for the locations and learn rotation -> Cycle more.
- Incentive for MA and players.
@Ludvig|MindArk

- the Matrix should also do dmg inside the shield, 100% of avatar HP to determine everyone get out and kill stuff or at least push everyone out of the shield
- the numbers of the robots spawned by matrix should be relative to the number of players in the area

- the Matrix should also do dmg inside the shield, 100% of avatar HP to determine everyone get out and kill stuff or at least push everyone out of the shield
- the numbers of the robots spawned by matrix should be relative to the number of players in the area
or lets just face it, ppl have too good gear for the actual mobs.

A quick update on the Robot Harvester Event

We're aware of the issues, gathered your feedback, and shared it internally with the teams.

We're looking into a fix for the faulty images for the TWEN armor parts, along with adjusting the event cooldown, and are doing our best to address other changes as quickly as possible. The lag issue on our servers are currently being investigating and we are looking for solutions to decrease the lag.

We're aware of the issues, gathered your feedback, and shared it internally with the teams.

We're looking into a fix for the faulty images for the TWEN armor parts, along with adjusting the event cooldown, and are doing our best to address other changes as quickly as possible. The lag issue on our servers are currently being investigating and we are looking for solutions to decrease the lag.

This is exactly the kind of communications that is needed, more like that will never hurt your community and your team.
More testings needs to be done before releasing stuff.

Yeah, doing this event and seeing guys AFK(ish) in the shield leaching / wacking away at the boss ignoring the actual event adds and such is very annoying.

I vote for serious damage inside the shield as well.

And maybe make attacking the shield decay weapons and use ammo? That might discourage the AFK guys attacking the shield?

Last edited:
Yeah, doing this event and seeing guys AFK(ish) in the shield leaching / waking away at the boss ignoring the actual event adds and such is very annoying.

I vote for serious damage inside the shield as well.

And maybe make attacking the shield decay weapons and use ammo? That might discourage the AFK guys attacking the shield?

the mobs you kill around the matrix should be part of the lootpool of the matrix so people that actually kill mobs get a chance / share also.
in addtion there should be a shitload more mobs. the generator should not be shootable but shield should decay wenn mobs are killed or something last shield should only go down when all mobs are killed.

This is sort of like forced wave mining but hunting version. It lowers revenue for you, and lowers game play for us. @Vadio

It's better to spawn more mobs, give everyone chance to hunt. Lower the drop rate accordingly. MA gets more cycle, players don't wait. Win win :)

And this is why the move to Unreal Engine 5 will fail. It's not the game engine, it's the people behind it. You need talented people working and people who care about the game working on the programming, coding, design etc.

Once again, THE ENGINE is not the issue. This is a talent/skill issue. And I'm pretty sure it starts from the top of the company food chain down to the bottom. Which is really sad, maybe game design/program/coding etc. should just be a hobby for them instead of a career?
i think your loot will be put to 75% and only shrap :D

This is sort of like forced wave mining but hunting version. It lowers revenue for you, and lowers game play for us. @Vadio

It's better to spawn more mobs, give everyone chance to hunt. Lower the drop rate accordingly. MA gets more cycle, players don't wait. Win win :)
Drop rate should stay the same 🤣🤣🤣

Oh baby my loot is already set to 75% and only shrap.
Christ I wonder what mines set up like after today utter terrible. The lag in places omg what have you done ma I was floating about half the time out range. I didn't even dare to mine as server clearly struggling with positions half the time.

AMEN the Community manager speaks!! Thanks.

I don't see any "invasion" at those locations, where is it?

MA fudged something up?? are you sure? i think it was intended to be like this - no seriously i has to be at this point by design

Thanks for the communication, it does make a difference

And this is why the move to Unreal Engine 5 will fail. It's not the game engine, it's the people behind it. You need talented people working and people who care about the game working on the programming, coding, design etc.

Once again, THE ENGINE is not the issue. This is a talent/skill issue. And I'm pretty sure it starts from the top of the company food chain down to the bottom. Which is really sad, maybe game design/program/coding etc. should just be a hobby for them instead of a career?
Boom! A lot of truth here. I envision the MA team as more of a collection of musty bankers with degrees in statistics more than gamers or passion driven developers.

I feel like no one at MA actually even likes this game, let alone likes working on it. It's like this job is just a paycheck to every member where they work just hard enough to not get fired. Pretty sure they've got the rule that staff can't even play the game so that's always fun.

Kudos on the attempt here, I do want to give some credit there and for the communication but the lack of enthusiasm and passion is palpable in their execution of these things.

20 years in and they can still execute things with this fine level of percision. I'm sure it's mostly the game engines fault though lol

Staff can play and get 500 ped a month to play around with. They cannot withdrawal but can deposit additional if they want. This is all detailed by Kris on Cyrene forum
you actually believe that noone from MA have alt accounts on granny's, whom actually have more info than anyone else? Lets just face it, human nature will always trive.

Thanks for the communication, it does make a difference
Usually I'd agree with that, but with zero substance behind it, it's just empty rhetoric. The communication needs to go in the other direction, but when it's for the ump-teenth time it is unlikely to have any effect either. AOE causing damage of 0.1 per dev. They will remain oblivious. It is just word damage in the corridor, no consequences.
I'm pretty sure that anyone who does understand has long learnt to stay silent and just take the paycheques. It has been true(ish) of me in the past, but I also know of no strategy suggestion here.

It is possible that management have put any better devs they have onto UE5 work, so it's like flying two planes simultaneously, except that now there is nobody capable at all flying or monitoring the plane that still has all the passengers on it. This event (from the descriptions here both lagwise and setupwise of mobs and fields) suggests so.

Ehhh this game is unplayable today.. Seems time to take a break from grinding till they repair it or turn off that stupid laggy event at least -.-

Well, what came first, the chicken robot or the lagg?
From accounts it was the eggy new service centres; the bots just added injury to the insult...!
For non-native speakers out there, good luck even with deepl translator. I doubt it will understand.

As an aside, the latest financial says MA have started work on AI active in the design process. Yeah, in the Turing wars, give AI a fighting chance by setting the bar low, eh ;). Maybe AI even designed part of this event?

you actually believe that noone from MA have alt accounts on granny's, whom actually have more info than anyone else? Lets just face it, human nature will always trive.
Sure but that’s not what they were asking

Is there a list of waypoints of harvester spawns?

Reactions: Mac
Back