FYI: Robots Incursion Event

Konvicted

Elite
Λкση ƬяυѕƬ Κσηνι¢тed
I read alot of Mothership owners complaint about the new Robot Incursion event.

Note that i have used a Mothership aswell as used Quad multiple times for this event.

I thought i'd make a thread to describ the event phase by phase, some comment posted on other thread can be misleading concerning the usage of MS.
This thread should make it clearer for anybody who hasnt joined the event yet.

All kind of ship can join the event and each have a strong purpose. Different purpose in each wave.
(Avoid using a sleipnir, the weapon is useless).

While a Mothership has a huge advantage in phase 2 and 3 to clear the dropship and progress through the event, The mothership still has a role to play in the Boss phase, The Quad in a presence of Mothership/privateer is more usefull in the boss battle.
That doesnt mean that the Mothership has no use in the boss fight, i'll explain below.

PHASE 1:
A cloaking device is hidding the robot incursion, you simply have to blow up the 1k hp device. 3.5ped shrapnel will be split and returned to the shooter.
Upon destruction of the device the 2nd phase is initiated.

PHASE 2:
In this phase it is highly recommended to use a Mothership to clean the Dropship or if you are using a Quad to be registered in a Mothership taking part of the action to use it as a revival point.

The Mothership will clearly dominate this phase by far.

Goal of this phase is to blow up 4 satelittes structure as well as clearing the area from all the dropship defending them.

As soon as the device is blown up the Dropship forces will be revealed, they have a higher aggro than usual, about 0.100UA.
A Quad will like to stay far enough when the Phase 2 starts.
Destroying the cloaking device with a quad alone could for the less experienced pilot lead to a death banged by several dropship.

Each of the Satelite will have 6 dropship spawned around it.
24 dropships total to kill this wave.

NOTE that a fully repaired quad should be able to take down 1.5 dropship maybe 2 before being blown up (could be more for the high Captains profession out there (space evader/dodger)).
A Quad will then need to be repaired after each dropship.
You understand that the presence of Motherships are essential, for the efficient killing and to provide a check point for Quads.

The Mothership even with a 1 Man crew will easily tank and kill the 6 dropships next to the satelite, repair and move on to the next one.

To sum up, this wave is in favor of MS/Privateer.

PHASE 3.

You have to kill some more Dropship that are randomly spread out around the area, a new maturity is available in small number, doable in Quad.
These dropship have close to 0 agrro, it is easier for a Quad to fly around.
Through the killing process to complete the progress bar there will be 3 separates Elites with their own spawning threshold.
Elite hit slow with there 1on1 attack but they also send a globe AoE damage (1000 damage) that are easily avoidable by a quad. It will take a skilled pilot to avoid them in MS.
A 1 man crew MS will be vulnerable to the AoE when soloing an Elite. They die quickly to the gunner though.
The range of the AoE is up yo 0.300UA

Once again the MS is the favorite for this Phase.

PHASE 4: The Boss

This final phase require organisation, team work and altruism.
The boss is static. It uses a slow 1on1 attack aswell as sending multiple globe AoE like the elites(1000 damage).
The boss can spawn rare dropship with low aggro to no aggro range.
He also has threshold on which he spawn 1 or multiple Repair Drone aswell as activating a shield against burn damage.
The shield will wear off after killing all the Repair Drone and meeting a new hp threshold.
The shield will be activated up to 4 times. Repair drone will frequently spawn.
The Repair Drone doesnt attack anybody. It repair the boss.
Each repair drone provide its own repairing per second stacking with the others around him.

I mentioned organisation and altruism.
Quad are able to dps the boss from full hp to the boss death. With no limitation.
Mothership are prevented to shoot at the boss when the shield is up.
Meanwhile the Mothership are very efficient at cleaning the area from the Repair Drone which have decent health points, they must kill them unless the shield is off.

Theorically 4 or 5 organised players are enough to kill the boss.
1 pilot for the MS to manoeuver and avoid the AoE. Pilot can join to dps the boss and repair drone if enough SI on the MS
1 gunner for the repair drone and the boss
3 quad to perma dps the boss. By doing so the shield on the boss wear off faster.

In this scenario quad are still using basic kismet or porcupine.

This event in my opinion clearly require Mothership in every aspect.
Quad are essential to defeat the boss and completely optional for the previous phases.
Pilots and repairing crew are missing out during this event.

Completing the tier 1 of the event by 100% will award 1 Possible Dropship Sensor that you can trade for a reward at CP.
Including new gear in the form of blueprints for MS and Quads.

This was typed on my phone, some area may require editing and i will add picture later.

Please discuss..

I have no experience with privateer but i heard they have different gunner setup. Some shooting Plasma, Blp and Laser making it possible to shine through the whole event. Anyone can relate and confirm this?

I have no experience with privateer but i heard they have different gunner setup. Some shooting Plasma, Blp and Laser making it possible to shine through the whole event. Anyone can relate and confirm this?
That is true and requires a much smaller crew to operate.

Motherships are essential for Quads to be able to participate in this event and Motherships would require Quads to dps the boss, while being forced to clean up the trash to successfully complete the boss in this event.

However, a single privateer with a couple good crew can complete this entire event with ease and can dps the boss from start to finish.

Thank you for sharing +1

That is true and requires a much smaller crew to operate.

Motherships are essential for Quads to be able to participate in this event and Motherships would require Quads to dps the boss, while being forced to clean up the trash to successfully complete the boss in this event.

However, a single privateer with a couple good crew can complete this entire event with ease and can dps the boss from start to finish.

Thank you for sharing +1
It doesnt require less crew.. requires different crew and using ALL of the tools available to it.. As convikted stated with MS setup it requires a 5 or 6 man MS crew setup.. well to do the same on privateer you require 1 Pilot, 4 gunners minimum and 2 Rk-0+. Possibly less RK's if highly skilled captain or rediculous SI on ship.

In terms of being able to do the event and take down the boss, it would require less crew and does not require a number of quads.

Not to mention the time required to run to any repair points if needed, while those quads also having to fly back constantly to land in hangar and take time to repair their quads before being able to fly back out to engage the boss again.

Last edited:
In terms of being able to do the event and take down the boss, it would require less crew and does not require a number of quads.

Not to mention the time required to run to any repair points if needed, while those quads also having to fly back constantly to land in hangar and take time to repair their quads before being able to fly back out to engage the boss again.

doesnt require less crew and privateer doesnt have the capability of quads. MS has that option and can use it. its deffinitly not doable in MS to one man show and do all positions but with the correct crew onboard MS can destroy boss faster than privateer

The issue is that the motherships do all the grunt work at the start, as you mentioned, then get locked out the boss. The other ships can do all these early stages without a mothership also. We are not required, we just provide some back up dps it seems.

A privateer can solo the whole event, a mothership cannot.

The mothership gets shielded from shooting the boss when the repair drones are up, so the mothership quickly tries to take down the repair drones so it can get a chance at shooting again. Whilst the mothership is busy on the repair drones, everyone else - privateers also, are killing the boss. The motherships are lucky if they get left with the scraps at the table.

Right now this event is aimed at privateers and some quads. Motherships are pretty much only usefull for some grunt work at the start, then nothing more than a hangar. Mothership crews will and have already got bored of being locked out the boss whilst others kill it.

When the V3 guns come out for the quads, they will be more powerful than a privateer, so essentially becomes a quad only event.

I look forward to them fixing this. it was a nice first attempt, but requires some adjusting.

Just to add - the point about "well just do it in a quad". Mothership crews consist of pilots, gunners and repair crew (some of whom may own quads). Gunners want to gun using the mothership guns they have been training on for years. The argument of " just spawn your quad" is ridiculous. By the time you exit gunner seat, load screen, run to televator, select level, load screen, run to hangar, spawn quad, fly out, load screen... the boss has been killed by privateers who can just shoot with their own guns. Sure it is nice that quads can use us a base to carry on from, but doesn't mean a mothership should be reduced to a redundant floating launch pad.

I have ran the event many times, in gunner, pilot, repair and quad. Wont be back until its fixed, which is absolutley devastating for me, since I have been active in space since day one, almost a decade as a Mothership captain and gunner, been waiting for the day when we got something like this - to be told " nope, you cant play" ?

Last edited:
As an operator of a Mothership, I should be able to do the same kind of damage to the boss as an individual and not have to clean up the trash for every other ship doing the event and rely on random quads to do the majority of the dps to the boss.

My Mothership accommodates the various Quads that show up and allow them to use the hangar to repair and the ability revive to continue to participate in the event. There is no incentive for other mothership to do this other than necessity.

Last edited:
While this is already starting the become a discussion about ship powers i suggest when looking at this encounter to take a step back and look at the very basics first:
Shared loot events in entropia are designed to give access to a wide range of players, so that 'ubers' cant just lock down a boss to themselfs but orthers can join in and 'win' their share and to overall have a challenge that in most cases requires a 'raidforce' that works together. Nevertheless hunters with the best gear/skills planetside still have an edge over others who shoot a starter weapon.
So i fully understand that the intend of the new encounter is to give quad hunters a fair chance to 'compete' and contribute.
I also understand that ewith the 'shield' buff of the boss someone tried to balance the power between different shipclasses.
But this attempt at balancing power becomes 'void' if the mob targeted is a 'shared' mob because 'teamloot' does not exist for them and ships in their entirety do not have a 'shiploot' from said mob either - in shared encoutners the loot is distributed to each single hunter based on their peds spent -> this is where things become unbalanced.
A quad hunter becomes able to obtain a larger and more efficient share of the potential shared boss loot then the gunner of a mothership who can not shoot the boss due to an immunity shield and therefor has to shoot repairdrones while all others (privateers/quads) can work on getting the best 'cut' from the boss.
They dont 'have' to do the drones bewcause they know if a mothership is present the mothership will shoot the only thing it can shoot.
I understand the developers may have considered that quads can take of from a mothership and therefor a mothership can beat the boss, but in a shared loot encounter a quad is a unit of its own, not a unit of the mothership since loot is obtained independantly.

Secondly in regards to motherships:
What this does to motherships in this encounter is it reduced motherships to a simple support function that does not generate added value for the ships owner (it more likely decreases it) who would have to jump into a quad himself if he wanted to shoot at the boss. It therefor makes the very large investment in motherships and the extremely large investment in mothership si upgrades which cost basically twice as much as privateer upgrades pointless in regards to this encounter (they have already been pointless for the last 8 years since players just log out for travels on non upgraded ships). My hope for a balanced encounter is that all ships will be able to damage the boss and that the boss will return fire to its attackers based on total damage done by a single player.

Suggestions:
If the shield was immunity to everyone and shield drones had to be killed then everyone would have to work together, or if the shield would only deflect 50% of a respective dmg and switch dmg types, this would still allow gunner to spent their share from mothership gun turrets while leaving other attack options to be more 'efficient' at times.
Or if owners of big ships could have an upgrade option to change dmg type of turrets to adjust to individual encounters.

In the closing in regards to ship power balance i just want to say that in all space games and sea games (outside of entropia universe) as well as in the real world the largest capital ships have the largest most powerfull turrets - they are not very good to hit small targets because of slow tracking but they outperform all smaller ships in regards to raw damage when it comes to hitting big targets.
I hope mindark will consider that for future encounters that the true reason why a large capital ship has a hangar to launch fighters is to deal with small targets efficiently to protect the big ship as it takes out other big ships. The total power of a mothership is still lootwise distributed between tons of players that are needed to operate it the owner of the ship is not often a gunner he may just as well be the pilot or just the manager/leader of the crew while still being the one who has all the 'expenses' that go into obtaining/upgrading/maintaining the ship.

On a more general note:
There is no way for a privateer or mothership owner to test the efficiency or dpp of their gun turrets while fighter pilots atleast can see their efficiency on the weapons - please consider to display efficiency and dpp(damage per pec) on armament devices and maybe even on all ingame weapons.

Furthermore the space wave event is a robot encounter which means robot looter profession applies - this means that planetside hunters will have a clear advantage over those who have hunted in space for many years - planets remain the fastest way to skill up looter professions which means the average return for planetside hunters likely will be higher then for pure space hunters - this would be even more so for animal or mutant looter professions. Please consider to introduce a 4th looter profession - space looter which is heavily based uppon space related skillgains to allow space hunters to specialize through space activity.

this isnt about loot MS guns are 50% greater than privateers.. if you bring 3 people with quads and assist with drones you still out dps anyone else

maybe not 50% but like 25% more dps. if that dont count for anything well not sure what to say.. u want lower dps priv guns? or keep the super high dps and shoot thru as well?

It is 15% and we are talking about a 45kPed+ ship(weapon) versus a 100kPed+ ship(weapon), that requires atleast 1 pilot, 1 gunner, 4 repair crew and 3 quads as you stated. That is 9 crew. And keep in mind it’s not “ShipCrew+QuadsSharedLoot”

Well they always were a much larger crew requirement. Ask yourself this question... Why did yu buy the MS over the privateer? If your answer is cuz of the hanger well... exactly

the more i look at it the more i can see how oddly but finely tuned this encounter actually is.. even for sleips which cant even shoot properly atm the repair bots be sick for them cuz they dont shoot back.. repaor bot be ideal for lower ped cycling players.. and they drop fuse im dying to chill with u guys in my sleip and blow up repair drones all day long :)

id be happy to hang with any of you and blow up repair drones if you like even in quad.. im currently skilling that too :)

I bought a Mothership, Privateer and an Equus because I wanted to be active and do my part to promote space.

At this point, the other MS owners aren’t going to participate in this event.
The majority of the Quads that are out there now attempting the event or doing the Dropship and codex missions are able to so because I have made the choice to allow them to have access to Victory and leave it stationed out there there for them.

But in all honesty, it makes more sense for me to just start using my Pathfinder V to do the encounters and leave the MS at Caly SS.

Well they always were a much larger crew requirement. Ask yourself this question... Why did yu buy the MS over the privateer? If your answer is cuz of the hanger well... exactly
And if our answer is: more gun turrets, 4 shield sections, torpedolaunchers as well as the sales reference that they 'are' the 'Titans' of entropia space all of which mindark promised during mothership sales in 2011 ? The sales pitch was not 'get yourself a hangar to support others' the hangar was an added benefit among many others that we still have not received all the while content is mainly made for everyone else and as it seems to avoid mothership to become what they were sold to be.

And if our answer is: more gun turrets, 4 shield sections, torpedolaunchers as well as the sales reference that they 'are' the 'Titans' of entropia space all of which mindark promised during mothership sales in 2011 ? The sales pitch was not 'get yourself a hangar to support others' the hangar was an added benefit among many others that we still have not received all the while content is mainly made for everyone else and as it seems to avoid mothership to become what they were sold to be.
Well you being an original owner in a different scenario as you were promised things that never happened.. anyone buying recently is buying for the hanger not promises theyre unaware of. Im not against you and it does kinda suck having to stop shooting and use other tools available but it does make the encounter interesting.

You guys speak like just because priv can shoot thru thats all they do which isnt the case.. maybe leave one on boss to help maintain hp while other guns still need to take out he drones. its really not as different as u think.. only difference is u are forced to to do any dmg.. priv is forced to hit drones if they want to win.

MS being higher dps could literally just shoot thru avoiding all mechanics and just mindlessly shoot which i think is what MA didnt want

Last edited by a moderator:
in the new RDI instance i read something somewhere about people having to stop and switch between guns and MF etc.. they freaking out about that too? honestly i havent noticed a single complaint about that yet but havent looked

in the new RDI instance i read something somewhere about people having to stop and switch between guns and MF etc.. they freaking out about that too? honestly i havent noticed a single complaint about that yet but havent looked
thats mainly because its not shared loot and they dont have to spent a minute running out of the instance and then back in to use a different weapon while someone else is allowed to shoot the mob all the while through - getting very offtopic here ;)

Im not sure why you are defending privateers so hard, noone is asking for them to be 'nerved' we only want motherships not to be 'nerved'...

Looks really interesting but since this is not the kind of shared event where you can just join an ongoing round with a tt gun and learn what's coming at you before choosing your tackle, it requires some preparation. Would someone be able to give an estimate of a budget needed for a meaningful participation? I understand it depends heavily on the chosen role and gear and ofc size of the entire attack force, but let's say I wanted to either come with a quad or try as a gunner on a ship, how much ammo should I pack to avoid endangering the mission and spoil it for everybody else? Or what is the entire budget needed for the event, if possible to say at all? How much in terms of health points to take down are we talking? Been trying to gauge wave events like that before, as an example.

well, i guess that depends on how many turn up : iv done it in a quad (kismet only ) with 3 others and a privateer and ofc a mothership to spawn on. for 400-500 ish ped

Last edited:
Reactions: San
thats mainly because its not shared loot and they dont have to spent a minute running out of the instance and then back in to use a different weapon while someone else is allowed to shoot the mob all the while through - getting very offtopic here ;)

Im not sure why you are defending privateers so hard, noone is asking for them to be 'nerved' we only want motherships not to be 'nerved'...
dont misunderstand im not defending privateers. im trying to be an neutral here as i can looking at it from all angles. the setup of that boss is really kewl in that it draws all ship types in and even new players. dps(per shooter) considering the odd mechanics is somewhat balanced imo and im saying that even tho my priv is lowest dps of all compared to MS and quads with V3. the shoot thru puts a spin on things tho and if the shields up a long time then MS at disadvantage majorly with its guns and i get that.

Looks really interesting but since this is not the kind of shared event where you can just join an ongoing round with a tt gun and learn what's coming at you before choosing your tackle, it requires some preparation. Would someone be able to give an estimate of a budget needed for a meaningful participation? I understand it depends heavily on the chosen role and gear and ofc size of the entire attack force, but let's say I wanted to either come with a quad or try as a gunner on a ship, how much ammo should I pack to avoid endangering the mission and spoil it for everybody else? Or what is the entire budget needed for the event, if possible to say at all? How much in terms of health points to take down are we talking? Been trying to gauge wave events like that before, as an example.
well ive run it a few times.. id say to do the bare minimum and thats get 100% contribution on trash and kill the boss only yur lookin at about 600ped cycle. Most of that is on the wave of drpships that are a faitly big mob like osseo or something.

Reactions: San
boss is really kewl in that it draws all ship types in and even new players.
But its not, Motherships are very specifically excluded.

I have no issue having to shoot repair drones, its actually fun. The issue is no one else does/has to and can kill the boss instead. They all happily shoot the boss whilst MS cant do a thing. By the time MS get through repair drones - privateers+everyone else has pretty much killed the boss completely.

Lock the boss out for everyone whilst MS + anyone else take on the repair drones, we would happily spend the extra peds to take them out too, wouldn't mind if quads sat back and wait for the boss if they didn't want to do drones, as long as we got actually in on the boss too. If the issue is that MS would down it too fast, then comes back to it wasn't supposed to be a boss and motherships were deliberately excluded. I'd hope for something is made very quickly that we are allowed to do.

There are of course loads of ways to do it to make it balanced, this is not it. Motherships are locked out, and I don't think it is unreasonable for them to be a little bit miffed about that.

Last edited:
I don't understand the problem with MS here...
In fact they have a great advantage in the sense that they are indispensable.
Without a revival on the spot, we land at FOMA which is far away, it takes 20 minutes to get back on the spot.

A team in a MS can do the whole wave, just take-off whith quad if needed.
A team of quads only can't do it.

So it is up to you to decide who you accept on the MS or not.
Basically it is the owners of the MS who have the keys to this event.
They can decide who, among the majority of people who have neither MS nor privateer, can have access to the event or not.

As for sharing the loot, being able to shoot the boss or not.
What prevents you from agreeing with the members of your team to switch between the different jobs during the event?
And for example, taking turns to shoot 50% of the boss?
Just swap posts at 50%, take your quad and go.

I think MA is trying to make sure that team based events are not feasible solo (RDI lab and this), and that's fine.

They try to encourage teamwork, and I think that's good.
I guess you know, as the owner of MS, the importance of teamwork.

But its not, Motherships are very specifically excluded.

I have no issue having to shoot repair drones, its actually fun. The issue is no one else does/has to. They all happily shoot the boss whilst MS cant do a thing. By the time MS get through repair drones - privateers+everyone else has killed pretty much all the boss.

Lock out the boss for everyone whilst MS + anyone take on the repair drones...

Again I don't get it, probably I miss a part (seriously).
What prevent you to take-off from your MS, whith your quad, to shoot the boss ? :unsure:

Without a revival on the spot, we land at FOMA which is far away, it takes 20 minutes to get back on the spot.

And this is exactly what the huge problem will be. I know already from most of the active hunting motherships that as their gunner crew are essentially barred from taking part, they just wont go. Which is a huge issue for quads who rely on them as a base. Essentially both MS crews and qauds will suffer.
I think MA is trying to make sure that team based events are not feasible solo (RDI lab and this), and that's fine.
Privateers can solo it.

Again I don't get it, probably I miss a part (seriously).
What prevent you to take-off from your MS, whith your quad, to shoot the boss ? :unsure:
As explained above, its not feasible for a gunner, as most often the boss is already dead, plus its a completely separate profession. When you head out in a quad on a shared loot mob, you become a single looter entity. Its not crew work any more, it defeats the purpose of creating a space crewed event.
I guess you know, as the owner of MS, the importance of teamwork.
Exactly the opposite is being created. Entire crews barred from taking part, and force to go out on their own if they want to even try. I think they should re-adjust to make it more crew based and all crew being required, none excluded.

Edited to add - I have done it several time switching between gunner and quad, it is absolutely frustrating and completely unfeasible. It also abolishes all the effort that was put into the motherships and their gunner crews. Might as well have told us all 10 years ago not to bother sitting on a MS gun, or have sold the ships without guns as floating launch pads. Hence the frustration and hope there this will be fixed, or new event asap that we are allowed to do.

Last edited:
And this is exactly what the huge problem will be. I know already from most of the active hunting motherships that as their gunner crew are essentially barred from taking part, they just wont go. Which is a huge issue for quads who rely on them as a base. Essentially both MS crews and qauds will suffer.

Sorry, probably my bad english, I don't get that part. :ahh:

Privateers can solo it.

Whith a good team, probably yes.

Exactly like MS can.
MS will need a Quad squad in their team.

It is the very definition of a mothership to carry other smaller vehicles... :)

As explained above, its not feasible for a gunner, as most often the boss is already dead, plus its a completely separate profession. When you head out in a quad on a shared loot mob, you become a single looter entity. Its not crew work any more, it defeats the purpose of creating a space crewed event.

It's all shared loot, again nothing prevent you to agree whith your team members to switch at 50% of the boss.

As a privateer to solo it we have to use everything at our disposal do it. pilot, 4 guns and repair crew.. cant be missing any of them unless u have a billion SI cuz 1000dmg per bomb is alot to not dodge. Also have to coordinate the gunners as 1 of the 4 cannot shoot thru shield and must either stop or assist with drones. It is in no way easy and the entire time your unsure if you will be able to kill it.

MS completely different ship and i can see why MA did it this way because it would be too easy for MS with 18guns or whatever and its quite possible this isnt the only boss coming.

I think its great they re-infused quads with MS to bring more people and bring attention to the strongest part of the ship.

There seems to be some confusion here and multiple wishes being asked simultaniously. Is it boss loot your concerned about then quad+V3 out the hanger and there you go.. Is it shooting with ship guns your concerned about then assist with drones and shoot boss when you can. you can have people on whatever theyre needs are rdy to go.

Ive gotten a sensor with 60% contribution when everyone else had 100 and i only started on boss for like the last 1/3 of it while also assiting with drones during that time. I realize that scenario isnt great for total tt loots from boss but does demonstrate that some of the rarer drops form it are achievable not thru DPS alone.

Hopefully the looting mechanics are are complex as the killing mechanics and then this isnt really an issue. drones shud be part of the encounter imo not seperate mobs and maybe that solves this concern

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all shared loot, again nothing prevent you to agree whith your team members to switch at 50% of the boss.
That theory works in an instance, but as there are others there doing it as a wave event, , there is no time to get out from gunner never mind to switch job with crew part way through. Everyone is busy killing the boss whilst motherships are locked out.

As a privateer to solo it we have to use everything at our disposal do it. pilot, 4 guns and repair crew.. cant be missing any of them unless u have a billion SI cuz 1000dmg per bomb is alot to not dodge. Also have to coordinate the gunners...
I would abosolutely love this opportunity in a mothership. I can see why you are having fun with it, I am happy that you are, but please appreciate the frustraiton in being told " Motherships banned - go play in a quad"

Back