ROCKtropia - MS9's Journal (Part 3)

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
As my journey continues once again from the City of Dreams, I ran into an old friend from back in my Atlas Haven Radio days as a DJ. It was J Daggert, and he is now a DJ on AHR. He was broadcasting his Sunday night show on the roof of Club Neverdie. I popped in for a while to hang out and listen to his show ... he has a great radio voice.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I jumped on my own radio station (MSR) and made the announcement that I was still on ROCKtropia exploring, but hanging out with JD at the moment, and to tune into Atlas Haven Radio for his show. I look at the EU radio stations as options, not competition, and when I’m not DJ’ing my Friday night MidNite Moods show, I don’t mind promoting my DJ friends.

I ran inside the club to get something from auction and bumped into one of the new NBK members (yoyo) that I met on the roof dancing. I gave him a little help to get him on his way and then captured the moment.

I started heading out the doorway to what I thought was outside the club, but instead found myself running through a long mountain tunnel of stairs. I was curious as to what it would dump into, but … it ended with no exit. It’ll be interesting to see what they do with it (see video).

I backtracked to the club to find the exit and continue my exploring. As I was leaving the center core of the city, I saw in chat where yoyo said he almost killed a Motorhead with a CB5. I love newbies!

I headed straight out North from the City of Dreams past the big ROCKTROPIA sign and didn’t see any red dots on the radar for quite a while until I started heading West.

It was then that I ran into my first Lonewolf, a Mature. He was a distance away from me, so I took out the Foxtrot, zoomed in for the photo op, and then the smackdown. A 115.8 and it was all over but the tears, except I now had to run to get the loot. Oh wait … “This creature didn’t carry any loot.” Ok, nothing new, so on to more red dots if I can find them.

It wasn’t long before I found my first Pop Dragon … an Old sitting at the edge of the radar. Hmmm I thought … should I start with an Old to test the fires (no dragon breath pun intended) … oh why not, this is an adventure. Thought I would get a bit of video, BUT … what the video doesn’t show is the intermittent fapping I had to do. Not too much, but enough, because it took a while to take it down with an unlimited M2875 laser pistol.

There were quite a few dragons where I was, so I decided to continue my exploring West and see what would pop up. Well, the following photo should answer that question. Lots of Pop Dragons popped up, but this time, more young and mature than any other maturity, so thought I would take on one or two of them.

Had a bit of fun and then decided to head East a bit. Ran into some more Pop Dragons of mixed maturity, but also a few more Lonewolfs. However, I discovered that when I looted the Lonewolfs in this area, there was no message in chat that the creature didn’t carry any loot, nor a pop-up loot window. I was told that there was a lag in this area and that eventually a loot window will pop up, and sure enough it did, but I was already on my way across another hill when it happened a few minutes later.

I continued NNE and upon getting close to the coastline, I ran into herds of Pop Dragons, but these were the big boys … Old Alphas, Prowlers, and Stalkers. One Stalker seemed to be levitating.

As I attempted to make a path around them, I soon realized that there were herds of them on both sides of me, but I managed to make my way through the center of them unscathed. I captured the coordinates in case any ubers decided they wanted to go out for some action.

Only for a moment did I think I would try herding them for the purpose of video footage, but they move pretty quickly once they’re engaged, and I probably wouldn’t have gotten that far. Not sure what I was thinking of … oh yes I do … there were a gazillion red dots on radar and I wanted to take them all on a jog along the coast.

It became clear to me that the coast was guarded with a line of these creatures which meant it was time for me to make a jump to the B.A.M.F. island. The map below shows my location and where I’m jumping to on the island. The radar also shows what I’m jumping over to get there.

When I arrived on the island, I was greeted by a few wolves, but … you’ll have to watch the video to see what happened after that.

As I got closer to B.A.M.F. proper, I could see that there were buildings under construction. I was thinking about how the island overall appeared to be rather dark and eerie, and then I ran into some Zombies roaming about, which only added to the creepy feel of the environment.

My first encounter was with a Zombie Sniffer, which wasn’t difficult to take down at all, nor was the Slow, Teen, Adult, Old, or Angry I encountered, but … I ran into a Zombie that cracked me up … it was a Zombie “Nutcase” … for real, and it was a little bit more of a challenge.

However, my understanding is that the most challenging one is the Zombie Intelligent, which I had a go at, only because he was chasing my ass. I did have a bit of a challenge with it, but then once he was down, I realized there was a Zombie Nutcase behind him who was beating up on me as well, so I didn’t get a true feel for the fight. I will have to stalk an Intelligent the next time I’m there.

While harassing the Zombies, I noticed a rather cool looking structure in the distant, and I knew that I had to go see what it was. My luck, it would be some kind of PvP arena and my ass would be splattered all over the terrain, but hey … this is an adventure, so I was off.

After weaving in and out, and around hills that couldn’t be climbed, along with smackin’ around some more Zombies, I finally reached the entrance to what looked like a fancy thunderdome. My adrenaline started pumping a bit more, but I’m always up for excitement, so I made my way inside.

I was surprised to see a large and open (but sunken) land area. There was only one red dot on the radar, and it was flying around in the center of the dome.

I pulled out the Foxtrot and zoomed in to find that it was a Hendrix Dragon Prowler. It was at the edge of the radar, so I wasn’t close enough to shoot at it. Shoot at it you say? Hey, my ovaries are brass, and I said I was up for adventure, so why not. However, I had to run around the top to another location so that the dragon was in range.

I had the Hendrix Dragon on scope and ready to pop. I could feel my pulse increase, and sweat being diverted from rolling down my face by the Rutuba head gear, but it was do or go home.

One click of the trigger and the adrenaline kicked into high gear. As the Hendrix got closer, I could only stand there frozen in my tracks. I heard these guys could hit over 300, so why even bother. As he hung there flapping his wings and breathing fire in my face, I felt the brass ovaries kinda giving way.

Remember what I said about my ass being splattered all over the dome? I think I’m just psychic, or I have some kind of death wish to embrace encounters like this, but hey … I love adventure, and I also like taking risks.

Here’s the evidence …

After catching my breath, I headed back to the City of Dreams and ended my exploration for the day. I may do one more trek out into the wild before returning to Calypso for my Friday night MidNite Moods show.

For now, it’s time to turn the lights out.

(here's a video showing some of my fun)

[YOUTUBE]n4db71ShiE0[/YOUTUBE]​

Last edited:
lmao :)

Love that hendrix dragon. Looked so kewl haha.

Nice journal MS9 :)

nice video and story :) almost makes going there unnecessary

lmao :)

Love that hendrix dragon. Looked so kewl haha.

Nice journal MS9 :)

Thanks "C" ... always nice to run into you ... hope all is going well my friend. :hug:

nice video and story :) almost makes going there unnecessary

Thanks, but ... while pics and videos can reveal quite a bit, everyone experiences these things differently, and it's always fun to have your own adventure. It's those spontaneous moments that give it a uniqueness, so give it some thought. :D

Last edited:
You mean "purple brass ovaries" :laugh:

Nice read, and an interesting video. My favorite mob on RT was the Zombie, it really felt natural to run into zombies in that gloomy city environment. The dragons felt a bit out of place for me., but I have never been much of a dragon fan. :)

Keep the stories coming, I really enjoy reading your journal. :wtg:

Cheers :beerchug:

You mean "purple brass ovaries" :laugh:

Nice read, and an interesting video. My favorite mob on RT was the Zombie, it really felt natural to run into zombies in that gloomy city environment. The dragons felt a bit out of place for me., but I have never been much of a dragon fan. :)

Keep the stories coming, I really enjoy reading your journal. :wtg:

Cheers :beerchug:

Ya, I guess so my friend ... I thought the purple part was a given, and I just kicked it up a notch. :D I'm not much of a dragon fan either (Arokh isn't around anywhere, is he :laugh:) ... and the Zombies definitely fit that "gloomy" environment at B.A.M.F. ... which is a perfect word for it, but that's the overall feel of the whole island, or as much as I have explored so far.

That's not a bad thing though ... and perhaps it felt a bit more gloomy because I was there in the night cycle ... or at least I thought it was the night cycle. It gives the feel of destruction and abandonment, except for the Zombies roaming the streets, but it's a cool effect. Kind of like an exiled location for the bad and the ugly, and if anyone wants to tempt fate, then there are options for that too.

So far ... writing the journal from an in-character perspective, and building a personal experience with each adventure gives me a vision different than I think I would have had if I had gone into this from a player perspective knowing some of the challenges that have been discussed. I'm having such a good time with this not going in jaded by player discussions that I'm going to do the same kind of journal with Calypso.

However ... even though I'm taking the approach I am, I am still going to be writing about any challenges I run into as a Calypso citizen on holiday ... it will just be written with a different flavor, but an objective one. And no ... I haven't changed my opinion about the things I've been a bit vocal about in the past ;) ... I'm just taking a more personal approach with regard to experiences, and writing objectively about it in storytelling format. Besides ... it makes it more fun, and ... no matter what my opinions are, Entropia Universe will always be my first virtual love despite any challenges or frustrations I may have had along the way.

I just think (keeping in-character here) ... that the colonists of Calypso, and other space travelers who join us, should be cared for and respected a bit more. But then, when we were on Earth, did we have an easy go of it with our own governments? :silly2:

Hi MS9 great journal loved the track that went with the vid. As no one has said anything yet about the tunnel u went up at the bk of the trade area (club neverdie RT),when u get to the top it doesnt end u have to jump up, the tunnel gets smaller and leads out to a plain filled with Po0p dragons. Lookin forward to any more journo scribblings :)

Hi MS9 great journal loved the track that went with the vid. As no one has said anything yet about the tunnel u went up at the bk of the trade area (club neverdie RT),when u get to the top it doesnt end u have to jump up, the tunnel gets smaller and leads out to a plain filled with Po0p dragons. Lookin forward to any more journo scribblings :)

Hello my dear friend ... and oh how interesting,but ... when I got to the end of the tunnel (as shown in the video), I looked all around that area and didn't see where there was an option of getting out. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "jump up" ... I didn't see anything that would represent something I could jump up on. I'll have to go back there and check it out again, because now I'm really curious ... especially since I made what I thought was a silly comment in the video about maybe it will dump us out into a herd of Pop Dragons. Although I like your version of it better ... Po0p Dragons! :laugh:

Oh, and thank you ... I will be continuing with the journal ... there's still lots more to explore. :wtg:

*I loved the track with the video too* :D

Another great entry :D I loved the video the swarm of wolves following you was too funny. I only wish I could have been there watching you take on the Hendrix dragon. From a distance of course.... a nice safe distance :silly2:

Nice reading MS9... since I have not been on Rocktropia yet and since I woant go either... (at least not for the forseeable future... ) I most enjoy reading your report.

It gives a good basic insight and atm, in spite of your good writing, it just confirms my fears...

I am still heavily biased as to this planet business as it does not fit my concept of this game... then again, this is not my game and others might like it.

I have the choice to go or to stay on calypso...

I will keep reading and see what's happening going forwards..

Another great entry :D I loved the video the swarm of wolves following you was too funny. I only wish I could have been there watching you take on the Hendrix dragon. From a distance of course.... a nice safe distance :silly2:

Well ... if anyone's learned anything about me in the past 5 years, they know I love to take mobs jogging ... not training (just to make that clear), and try to be in an area where there are no green dots so I don't disturb anyone. I did not meet up with one green dot whatsoever while I was on the BAMF island, but maybe they were in a different area than I was, although, I was all over the southeast, as well as the south, upper east, and HQ teleporters. I guess I just need to explore more, but I'm avoiding the lootable PvP area. :D Oh, and what everyone really can't see very clear on the video is all of the wolves running at me underwater before dying. I'll have to get some underwater video next time. :silly2:

Regarding the Hendrix Dragon ... I wasn't really "taking him on" ... but rather harassing him with the full intention of getting him close for screenshots. I knew full well that I wasn't going to survive the "what, am I NUTS" behavior. :hammer:
I wanted to get video too, but it was actually seconds before I was in the red zone. :laugh:

Nice reading MS9... since I have not been on Rocktropia yet and since I woant go either... (at least not for the forseeable future... ) I most enjoy reading your report.

It gives a good basic insight and atm, in spite of your good writing, it just confirms my fears...

I am still heavily biased as to this planet business as it does not fit my concept of this game... then again, this is not my game and others might like it.

I have the choice to go or to stay on calypso...

I will keep reading and see what's happening going forwards..

Been a while ... hope all is well with you. I can say that you know my mindset pretty well, and we've had personal chats about the scope of things, so I can absolutely appreciate where you're coming from. This journal is a totally different approach than from a player perspective, and I'm doing this for myself, because I too can get so caught up in the negative discussions that I lose sight of the fun factor. However, my fun factor is quite different than most who are more heavily engaged in professions and perhaps more investment-wise as well.

Thing is ... I have my personal opinions about the universe as a whole, and there are those I totally agree with, but ... after 5 years, I've learned that the more things change, the more they stay the same (in certain respects), and ... the most valuable asset this universe has is the community. Unfortunately, I feel that it is a priceless commodity that has been taken advantage of, but this isn't the place to entertain that type of discussion. I want to keep this journal as an in-character exploration and see what my discoveries are ... there is still much to be told. ;)

Big thanks for the video ! :)

There really is no reason at all to travel there.

thanks again

Im shocked...Entropia...where are you ? :(

thanks again

Well hello there McC ... nice to see you on my pages, and thanks for your comments. I think you know I can appreciate the space you're in, and while I'm having a bit of fun with this adventure from an in-character role-playing perspective, I still have much to write, and ... I will be doing an overall Summary when I have concluded this exploration. People need to stay tuned for that as well. :D

Now ... when is your next brilliant video my friend, I'm such a huge fan. :yay:

thanks again

My words :D

I can appreciate the sentiments ;) ... I had me an unplanned little adventure Tuesday night, so I will be writing about it and posting it sometime on Wednesday. It was fun, and I got to share a bit of time with a special friend. There will be some video footage as well to complement the photos. I had some fun with one little episode, and also caught some video footage of the Vampire Chicks which I found to be, well ... strange. :laugh: Overall, the experience was cool. When I complete my exploration of ROCKtropia (as I mentioned above somewhere), I will be writing a Summary, and it will include my thoughts about some things that have not been mentioned in my journal entries.

Stay tuned for Part 4 to be posted sometime on Wednesday :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpk_Y4MDbPs

Just a quickie this is what u do @ The end of the tunnel :)

Thanks Hon ... last night after I got home from teaching I decided I would sign in and go check out what you were saying in your other post. The first time I went through the tunnel it was dark and the walls all looked solid to me. This time I looked closer and found that area on the left where you said to jump up. I did a little filming of my own, which turned out to be a rather funny experience ... I guess I was a bit on the silly side, but it was fun. It will be a part of the video in my next entry later today. :D Thank you very much for taking the time to do your little video to give me a visual, that was very sweet of you. :hug:

Great reading; as said previously, there is a lot more to be covered... so I'm looking forward to the next chapters/parts, and of course to the big final conclusion.

In all honesty, I was trying to set my mindset on + when I went there, and try to get to see things from a fresh perspective. It worked fine up to the returning point, when a little thinking (yeah... I do that some times) showed to me that RT is either not ready yet, or not geared toward "old" players.

I for one, I didn't really find anything very exciting; I mean the sights are awesome and all, the music is decent... but other than that I've got a feeling that I won't be coming back until certain things will change.

Don't get me wrong... I don't believe that this is a complete failure, it's still a new planet!

But IMHO it should be an exciting new planet.

Great reading; as said previously, there is a lot more to be covered... so I'm looking forward to the next chapters/parts, and of course to the big final conclusion.

In all honesty, I was trying to set my mindset on + when I went there, and try to get to see things from a fresh perspective. It worked fine up to the returning point, when a little thinking (yeah... I do that some times) showed to me that RT is either not ready yet, or not geared toward "old" players.

I for one, I didn't really find anything very exciting; I mean the sights are awesome and all, the music is decent... but other than that I've got a feeling that I won't be coming back until certain things will change.

Don't get me wrong... I don't believe that this is a complete failure, it's still a new planet!

But IMHO it should be an exciting new planet.

Great post ... and I love hearing the different opinions of those who have made the trip. I read all of the threads and posts of those who have approached this from a player perspective, and who have analyzed the mechanics of their experiences ... even those who haven't been to ROCKtropia, or refuse to go for one reason or another, but still have an opinion. I totally respect that, and have my own thoughts with regard to that, but I first wanted to embrace this adventure from a role-playing perspective to see how it may fit into the scheme of things, and what kind of impact it may have on me personally as a Calypso citizen and participant in this expanding universe.

The thing is ... game-play is a personal and subjective experience, and not everyone approaches it the same way, so it's not a one-size fits all scenario. What works for one because of their own personal dynamics may not work for someone else. However, that said, there are certain commonalities that affect us all, and I am very well aware of this. I made the trip to ROCKtropia with an open mind, and so far, I'm enjoying the experience, but ... the Summary will have my overall assessment from both a role-playing and player perspective. It may reflect some of what others have shared, and/or may having something new to add, but the bottom-line is ... it's still a personal and subjective experience. ;)

Woot! Great to see MS9. Thanks for the video too.

Back