Rocktropia - No UL loot (outside player ran instances)

I have already fulfilled the purpose of what I wanted to achieve with this thread which was getting attention to this issue.

Rocktropia is a planet all on its own.
This has always been.
It is an acquired taste.
If you feel it is not for you , there are others from which to choose.

These post without evidence are sadly to be considered "Gossip"
the source reported here is "Trust me bruh" evidence.
Documents or it did not happen.

as a side line, RT has only 2 interesting items in the drop list for me..
alternative ore, and vixen gears.
add some Grindhouse-related loot and ther we are.

@messi91: i save the "doubledip" missions of muscle park : local "workout IRONs" and Caly Codex skill bonuses

Well we probably don' t have UL loot on RT, that's known fact. And I can't care less. Bigger problem for me are 1k+ hp mobs without much L items with MU. Yeah some holy armor parts can be looted, but that's almost all. Dunno how you, but I don't loot UL offten, no matter where I hunt.
If you just want UL items try NI, there are some armors and FAPs. Or try ambu on RT, there are reported some shopkeeper pads at least.

I'm not sure and I have to test it. But caly mobs on RT have same loot tablet as on caly. Heck, there is so much more schrap in loot as well. So you can probably loot something UL from them. But again, I have to test it, it's just theory 😉

I work for my RT appartment as well and I hope that at some point ND will sell RT to someone who actually cares about it.

Last edited:
Well we probably don' t have UL loot on RT, that's known fact. And I can't care less. Bigger problem for me are 1k+ hp mobs without much L items with MU. Yeah some holy armor parts can be looted, but that's almost all. Dunno how you, but I don't loot UL offten, no matter where I hunt.
If you just want UL items try NI, there are some armors and FAPs. Or try ambu on RT, there are reported some shopkeeper pads at least.

I'm not sure and I have to test it. But caly mobs on RT have same loot tablet as on caly. Heck, there is so much more schrap in loot as well. So you can probably loot something UL from them. But again, I have to test it, it's just theory 😉

I work on my RT appartment as well and I hope that at some point ND Will sell RT to someone who actually cares about it.
Noone will ever buy this mess

I work on my RT appartment as well and I hope that at some point ND Will sell RT to someone who actually cares about it.
It is definitely not going to stop me from playing on RT, but it pisses me off. Not going to lie.
I want the possibility of getting a UL item in my loot versus not having the possibility at all.

That is an interesting thought with Caly mobs.

Im right there with you. I want to own my piece of RT and hope for better in the future.
RT is a great planet. The content itself is great but the management of the planet is terrible.

It is definitely not going to stop me from playing on RT, but it pisses me off. Not going to lie.
I want the possibility of getting a UL item in my loot versus not having the possibility at all.

That is an interesting thought with Caly mobs.

Im right there with you. I want to own my piece of RT and hope for better in the future.
RT is a great planet. The content itself is great but the management of the planet is terrib
Yeah there is a lot of unique stuff on RT, so many instances, Kongs, cool cars, nice appartments etc. It just need a bit of love and adjustments in loot and it can work pretty well again. Also what I do not enjoy much are taxes almost everywhere. That might work years ago, but 5% is a LOT nowadays.

What i have to highlight is community on RT, many nice and helpfull people. It kind of feels like village and that's nice 😉 And I have to say it feels more like game to me as well, I do stuff to be able make lockpicks and hellkeys, collecting some other crafting materials and I offten changing activities, have to say I really enjoy my stay.
But I understand that some ppl just see colorfull circus with hookers, dragons and gangsters and they don't like it at all. +ND, that's another book 🤣

Last edited:
Goto RT and try to loot a UL item (other than obviously Grunt armor). Report back when you do :)
I admit to having been gone for the about 3 years but as someone that has invested a ton into RT time and momey-wise I can tell you that in over 10 years there, decent uL items have not really ever dropped more than a handful of times, Most uL items ND made unique (1 drop ever, only) or just a few of each. In fact most decent uL items were the result of events. I know that the player you are referring to was making a hard push to put certain resources only in instances so he could profit more but unsure what uL items you think were moved to those instances. As the first person to purchase a key BP for the RT isntances, I am fairly certain there are no uL items in the instance I own the bp for - unless something I am unaware changed and I was not told on my return last fall. Mind sharing with me what exactly as moved into the instances as you have my curiousity up ?

Last edited:
RT is a great planet. The content itself is great but the management of the planet is terrible.
This is why I left for 3ish years, and had a long break not long before that departure. It was much worse when even the normal resource loot was not dropping and no one would fix it for over 2.5 years because the PP would not raise the issue (due to being MIA and unaware of it). I am glad you have hope, but I would not hold your breathe counting on that hope to come to fruition.

Last edited:
Sadly now we have lets say WW parts back in loot, but noone is buying them for nice MU as it used to be years back. You can just use remix BP. They solved problem with materials, but it created another problem that killed most of non-puny creatures.
This should be solved somehow, but question is how?

Yeah I have never looted any decent UL on RT but I never excpected any either so I guess I'm "lucky" that way.
Imo RT is the best place for me to grind for ESIs and various stuff for crafting and tiering. ;)

Sadly now we have lets say WW parts back in loot, but noone is buying them for nice MU as it used to be years back. You can just use remix BP. They solved problem with materials, but it created another problem that killed most of non-puny creatures.
This should be solved somehow, but question is how?
Yea, the remix bps were to fix the loot issue, after a few yeas of having it. Then they finally fixed the loot issue but made it so all the parts were pointless now that they are back.

Yea, the remix bps were to fix the loot issue, after a few yeas of having it. Then they finally fixed the loot issue but made it so all the parts were pointless now that they are back.
Easiest solution would be just erase those remixes, we don't need them no more.
It sucks when you lose high QR BP, but in this case it really should help whole RT economy for relatively low price.

I admit to having been gone for the about 3 years but as someone that has invested a ton into RT time and momey-wise I can tell you that in over 10 years there, decent uL items have not really ever dropped more than a handful of times, Most uL items ND made unique (1 drop ever, only) or just a few of each. In fact most decent uL items were the result of events. I know that the player you are referring to was making a hard push to put certain resources only in instances so he could profit more but unsure what uL items you think were moved to those instances. As the first person to purchase a key BP for the RT isntances, I am fairly certain there are no uL items in the instance I own the bp for - unless something I am unaware changed and I was not told on my return last fall. Mind sharing with me what exactly as moved into the instances as you have my curiousity up ?
Thanks for responding to the thread and appreciate all the information.
I did not realize just how few actual decent UL items dropped on RT, and that is a shame.
(I am guessing Italian Switchblade having the #1 in it's name is meaningless as there will be no follow up weapons :D)

I think UL chips, implants, level 100 weapons etc.. are what all use to drop on RT which I think is part of what would be considered the
normal loot table, and it at least appears to no longer drop anymore. Because of this (bugged or setup that way) there is the thought that
they were removed from normal loot in favor of being used as additional loot to bait people into using instances.

Outside of this I am not sure if all instances were in enriched, none of them or heck if this whole loot issue is a loot table
bug that everyone is confusing and pointing fingers because of.

I appreciate you at least confirming that the conversation did take place between ND and an instance owner regarding making
certain items, resources, UL items or otherwise exclusive to RT instances.

I appreciate you at least confirming that the conversation did take place between ND and an instance owner regarding making
certain items, resources, UL items or otherwise exclusive to RT instances.
I know the player posted about it in fourms and discussed it in chat multiple times but am unsure if he spoke directly to ND about it. Assume he did, but cannot confirm. His push was to make it so speed metal only dropped in those isntances. That did not hapen, as it still drops in the other instances and from rock crabs, so do not believe the change he wanted was ever made.

As for chips and implants, those would drop, super rarely and usually only from caly mobs (well the implants also from high level zombies). Other level 100 weapons would drop in the non-player BP owned instances (crib, booty, etc), or at least used to as of a few years back.

As for my old switchblade, ND said from early on it was only ever going to be just the one of them. That said, when Doc Gray was switching from player to Planet Manager for ND about 3 years ago he menitioned to me that he was talking to ND about changing that. His thought was if they put more in the loot pool, perhaps they could get more players to come to RT. I left just after that discussion but assume it mnever happened.

Last edited:
I know the player posted about it in fourms and discussed it in chat multiple times but am unsure if he spoke directly to ND about it. Assume he did, but cannot confirm. His push was to make it so speed metal only dropped in those isntances. That did not hapen, as it still drops in the other instances and from rock crabs, so do not believe the change he wanted was ever made.

As for chips and implants, those would drop, super rarely and usually only from caly mobs (well the implants also from high level zombies). Other level 100 weapons would drop in the non-player BP owned instances (crib, booty, etc), or at least used to as of a few years back.

As for my old switchblade, ND said from early on it was only ever going to be just the one of them. That said, when Doc Gray was switching from player to Planet Manager for ND about 3 years ago he menitioned to me that he was talking to ND about changing that. His thought was if they put more in the loot pool, perhaps they could get more players to come to RT. I left just after that discussion but assume it mnever happened.
Ah. Sadness. So wait... you have the Italian Switchblade? :)

Ah. Sadness. So wait... you have the Italian Switchblade? :)
No, I sold it along with almost everything I owned when I was quitting 3 years ago....obviously that did not last but I did own it :)

No, I sold it along with almost everything I owned when I was quitting 3 years ago....obviously that did not last but I did own it :)
Nice. I have lots of questions :D

I hadn't realized that King Kong / Zombie Kong were in player run instances.

Oh, wait.

I hadn't realized no Snub's dropped in 3-5 years.

Oh..

RT drops no UL except for all the UL loot it drops! (But we don’t count that of course)!

what a statement

“I say we take off, nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.”

I hadn't realized that King Kong / Zombie Kong were in player run instances.

Oh, wait.

Oh..
Vandal u know this is like most threads complaining about the game full of tin foil 😂

Vandal u know this is like most threads complaining about the game full of tin foil 😂
I respect your perspective.

And no IMK2 in how long now?! No adj hero, no more worn fuel pumps or combat masks on ark. Shit, no more smuggler UL weapons dropping on ark?! Wait....did we check Cyrene to see if you can still loot an LR S1X4? I THINK you can still get an Archon's BP in NI, or was that 2011?

The fact of the matter is, items are often set to a fixed limit like people have said in here. Or gated by VU's. When the limit is reached, or it is removed from the drop table, that item is not going to drop anymore. We've seen it on most all planets with tons of weapons, armors, even phased out components to make BP's useless.

The difference between this thing that has always happened, is that other planets actually filled the void with new content. Cyrene took about 5 years to get with the picture, NI about 10, though they definitley get it now.

Until someone cares enough to add new items to RT, this is only going to get worse. I can only imagine grunt still drops because the majority of people TT them or they allowed infinite drops due to it having 0 impact on the economy of EU overall.

This has broadened out and turned into enough of a discussion for me to be interested in it, thank you.
I think really useful UL stuff should be rare anyway, and has probably reached a saturation in this universe of ours that is not really growing at the moment. As mentioned, RT is not alone in seeing less and less drop.

Personally, I now see some of the specific upgrade mats that pps have for improving low unl to improved up to perfected as being fractions of an unl drop. If I can get 10 peds mu off some dropped upgrade part, I am happy to see a regular slow mu payout rather than needing full-on luck for a very rare complete ul item. Other pps have been active here and been granted upgrade chains by MA, so a lack of this on RT (I dunno if there is) would be more down to the pp I think.

Also, if semi-common drops feed the crafting of a desirable (L) product, then this is also fine and even more sustainable. What I miss is knowing what is planetary bound or not. Apparently xmas sleighs/bumper cars and whatnot cannot be used everywhere, but what about certain amps that say in the description that they can be used in Hell/on RT? Are they actually usable everywhere?

Also, if semi-common drops feed the crafting of a desirable (L) product, then this is also fine and even more sustainable. What I miss is knowing what is planetary bound or not. Apparently xmas sleighs/bumper cars and whatnot cannot be used everywhere, but what about certain amps that say in the description that they can be used in Hell/on RT? Are they actually usable everywhere?
Which RT amp are you referring to?

I keep seeing it on non-RT auctions. Mining amp, but my memory refuses to deliver me with a name right now. I don't mine that much, but it's at about 108% or so, so was wondering how it compares to the slightly cheaper baseline of about 105% mu? But the description has put me off buying one... the story of quite a lot of EU stuff that may work well or may not even work at all.

D-Class - yes they are used everywhere

Back