Rocktropia release date?

Trina Xenophage

Elite
Banned
Society
Jurai Blood
Corrianna Trina Xenophage
Was just doing my routine check ups on the progress of new places in the plat form and came across this....

Do we really have to wait this long for this? or is this a tenatative date that is subject to change? I really hope not as this is one of the few things I have been looking forward to and been excited to see.

I'd be surprised if it comes at all... to me this was nothing but a marketing stunt... another "great idea"... You don't seriously believe Mötörhead want to play PC :rolleyes:

I don't think it's only a marketing stunt. For Motörhead it might become a big addtional merchandise income (check what ppl payed for merchandise in Second Life and this wasn't even a game).

I have no idea when it will come, because I don't know how good the PR department for this planet is. If it would be as good as a normal game company, then this means Rocktropia needs until 2011 or 2012. So I think the PR of Rocktropia is as bad as MA's PR.

Reason:
A normal game releases Webkits for people to create own fan pages. They release sketches, later screenshots, then movies... not just 3 static movies on their own page as Rocktropia does.

So I think they have a bad PR and it might be very close, but nobody knows yet. Might be the reason that it goes online also in a Beta-stage as EU 10 was... then of course they don't want to have a big PR event :). Still I think it's bad for all of us, how Rocktropia is handled until now.

I dont see someone getting away with announcing anything with a band with that reputation for nothing and NOT having serious legal isseues for doing so.

So yes I do believe it will happen and sooner the better as I would love to be involved in something like that more so then in EU the way it is being run in its current state.

Im not saying you will hang with Lemme and friends day in and day out but several marketing type apprearences would certainly be in order.

who knows.. I saw a picture of Colon Powell and his new (L) wife on yahoo news today. I posted it for all to see.

No matter what, we have to wait long.. And longer.... And longest...... And MA/FPCs equivalent to rather soon............ :eek:

Last edited:
id say its coming sooner rather than later ;) they themselves will be putting the pressure on MA if things are delayed out of their control. Its big money talking now guys and gals.

C

Will the graphics be just like Calypso? i mean like, i can't run calypso at all; would i be able to run your planet?

Or is it all the same engine being used, so will be the same through out. :laugh:

I mean the same through out is great because from other pc's ive played on looks amazing, just wonding is it possible to target a much wider audince by toning it down or giving options to do so.

Ofcourse its the same engine, MA have just sold him the platform they have built and given him the tools to develop it and I for one am glad that a person like neverdie is developing the planet and not just some guy that knows nothing about entropia. I think neverdie will bring alot of players to the game.

Something ND said in an interview

neverdie said:
Q: You recently commented that when MindArk is ready to add new planets, planets are ready. Is there an ETA on the Next Island planet?

A: Soon, it’s almost ready for launch

There is an Exclusive interview with NEVERDIE about Next Island on a website with a forum I can't name somewhere on the web, where he answers some nice and interesting questions Next Island.

If you cant find it let me know in a PM :D

It'll will be here before you know it but then it will prolly be delayed

Good.. i'll soon prepare my luggage and emigrate. :yay: I never looted any item in Calypso.. perhaps somewhere else will i find a land of oportunities.

The day Rocktropia opens, is the day I leave Calypso. For good.

Roamn - Rocktropia's first superstar hybrid producer/composer & hiphop artist :cool:

:scratch2:
I thought we would be

"Rocking around the Christmas Tree
at the Christmas party hop
Mistletoe hung where you can see
Ev'ry couple tries to stop

You will get a sentimental feeling When you hear voices singing
"Let's be jolly; Deck the halls with boughs of holly"

Rocking around the Christmas Tree
Have a happy holiday
Everyone's dancing merrily
In a new old fashioned way"

:xconfused::xconfused::xconfused::xconfused:
but still
:dance::dance::dance::dance:

I also will be going to checkout rocktropia!

6 days left? Is there now a release date?

6 days left? Is there now a release date?

No Smoerble :)

Just joshing with Brooklyn and Brooklyn's unflappable faith that things happen when MA and FPC and the Planet Partners say they will happen :)

Brooklyn is a rather new player and has not yet seen the whole deadlines passed by months or years thing :)

But Brooklyn is learning :)

More Malt time :)

I let the guys have a breather for Xmas, they'll be back on it on Monday....

We can See the light at the end of tunnel..........................................

We can See the light at the end of tunnel..........................................

Aw ur just too nice :xsmile:

I let the guys have a breather for Xmas

WHAT?? That is scandalous! Break out the whip and break them, get it done! ;)

lol joke :D

Have you not watched the movies and what happens when lights appear?

DONT go into the light!!!!

Anyway Happy Holidays to the "Crew"

We are all waiting to be impressed 8=}}

So there`s hope to have it ready before 2010?

we are in the home stretch... but not this week... I wish:)

Back