Rude Miners

Lerxst

Prowler
By-Tor "Lerxst" Rivendell
Twice in the span of a few hours I encountered rude miners who decided it was cool to aggro mobs while I was drilling a claim. First time was in dome 17 and the dude aggro'd a Dasp Stalker onto me. Next was in dome 2 with a Fungoid Young but was able to kill it. He was nice enough to wish me good luck though. :rolleyes: I am not going to name names but it just pisses me off people are that rude up there. There are 20 domes and they are big. There is no reason to aggro mobs and run for a green dot that is mining a claim or intentionally aggro a mob when there is plenty of room to get around it without aggro'ing it. I do realize there are times when you tag a mob and the mob just does whatever it wants to and there is nothing you can do about it . I lagged and aggro'd a couple ambu in 1 but I drew the mobs off before too much damage was done and would have done whatever it took to clear his marker had he died. Sorry for the rant...just had to get that off my chest.

Unfortunatley it's old news. All I can say is that it's a jungle up there and from time to time shit happens :( Just gotta take it in your stride as a CND miner :)

~Tracer

Last edited:
miners are generally rude. it's annoying when trying to kill something like a dasp when a miner comes through shaking the ground with no forethought that maybe what you're doing is a bit hard without all that shaking.

with that said... it's a mining asteroid, so what ya gonna do.

thank god cp has no mining! the day they change that is the day i quit eu! :laugh:

Yup, it can happen by accident but most of the times the mob turns around before it reaches you, or after one or two attacks. We'll not a pleasure with Dasp lol.

Just move on and ignore it, let them not spoil you're fun.

Twice in the span of a few hours I encountered rude miners who decided it was cool to aggro mobs while I was drilling a claim. First time was in dome 17 and the dude aggro'd a Dasp Stalker onto me. Next was in dome 2 with a Fungoid Young but was able to kill it. He was nice enough to wish me good luck though. :rolleyes: I am not going to name names but it just pisses me off people are that rude up there. There are 20 domes and they are big. There is no reason to aggro mobs and run for a green dot that is mining a claim or intentionally aggro a mob when there is plenty of room to get around it without aggro'ing it. I do realize there are times when you tag a mob and the mob just does whatever it wants to and there is nothing you can do about it . I lagged and aggro'd a couple ambu in 1 but I drew the mobs off before too much damage was done and would have done whatever it took to clear his marker had he died. Sorry for the rant...just had to get that off my chest.

Who knows ... maybe ya interrupted "The quest for the tower!!!" or your presence in the dome was a too-much-to-handle variable for "The true mining log".

I wouldn't give some 2-3 peeps so much attention to even mention 'em in a forum thread ... prolly frustrated kids. Winter hollydays are comming, they'll get a ribbon from MA, sell it on auction, waste the ped on stuff and dissapear ;)

I wouldn't give some 2-3 peeps so much attention to even mention 'em in a forum thread ... prolly frustrated kids. Winter hollydays are comming, they'll get a ribbon from MA, sell it on auction, waste the ped on stuff and dissapear ;)

Yeah but it happens on daily basis, no exception.

No respect.

Yeah i have had that problem up there. But i have also by accident lost a mob that was chaseing me on someone else.. But i always try to warn someone if i have 10 trox on me or 15 ambu.. Or if i see someone i turn and kill the mobs but shit does happen sometime....

With Dasps on the other hand. I mine in the dasp domes until i see someone. i then will stop for a second to check if hunting or mining.. If hunting i walk by them and dont drop any bombs or probes cause it is a pain in the ass to hunt something that big with the ground shaking.. Plus i don't want to get PKed by some pissed off people that got killed and missed out on a ATH(just an example)

Get over it they will not change the way they mine....

miners are generally rude. it's annoying when trying to kill something like a dasp when a miner comes through shaking the ground with no forethought that maybe what you're doing is a bit hard without all that shaking.

I think u'll find that statement not to be entirely true... not all miners are generally rude...

I believe many hunters up there would recall me requesting "if it was ok to mine while they hunted"... I always waited for a reply (which was normally, yes) and I would carry on mining, giving the guys plenty of space...

On the odd occasion the answer was.. no... I would mine another dome and come back when the guys had finished...

There is no need for any hostility on CND.. and I have never come across any (as yet)...

If I saw you hunting the Dasp's up there Skippie... I would ask you also...

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

nb: I am always polite on CND, if I wasnt u'd blast me ass right outta the dome :laugh:

if they did it on purpose send a support with screenshot
hate such eye-holes :handgun:

Sometimes when you run close to a mob you and aggro it it zooms off miles in the opposite direction like a big eejit and bites somebody else's bottom instead. I remember this happening to me several times with dasps, I have been on both ends, I have dealt it and smelt it.

One solution only for your peace of mind, even though it can be annoying. Don't get upset by it ! Just take a deep breath, have a sip of coffee, and get on with it.

So, you guys know what respect calls?

Do noting to others what you don't like that others do to you !;)

Never ever all are same... not all miners are rude, also hunters !
but could be we life in a world fully of egoists.

FRED

I think u'll find that statement not to be entirely true... not all miners are generally rude...

I believe many hunters up there would recall me requesting "if it was ok to mine while they hunted"... I always waited for a reply (which was normally, yes) and I would carry on mining, giving the guys plenty of space...

On the odd occasion the answer was.. no... I would mine another dome and come back when the guys had finished...

There is no need for any hostility on CND.. and I have never come across any (as yet)...

If I saw you hunting the Dasp's up there Skippie... I would ask you also...

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

nb: I am always polite on CND, if I wasnt u'd blast me ass right outta the dome :laugh:

Top man. Any rude miners plying their trade should take a lesson in the Scudd School. And to thread starter then at the end of the day, as Scudd said, if politeness fails then tool up and PK them if you are having problems in 17 or another PK dome ... ask nicely first but after that it's fair game.

I've run across rude hunters as often as rude miners both on CND and on Calypso. The difference is that on the planet it is easier to avoid jerks.

I mainly mine, but hunt quite a bit too. I always try to be polite to others and I expect the same back. When people are jerks I make sure to let them know how I feel.

There really isn't a whole lot we can do most of the time, but venting your frustration can help a bit. Popping them with a Marber feels ok too. :D

Don't you target the mob and press the buttons? Or just aim with the mouse? Mob that size next to you can't be that hard to hit even if the ground is shaking. :scratch2: Or might be something else I didn't get. Sorry man, this just felt little weird to me.

And as for the aggroing. Yeah, shit happens. I just try to run away and HOPE for the mob to turn back and get the guy who set it off.

Mining while i hunt usually doesnt bother me as much, what does bother me though is miners using big mobs as "taxis" to get back to revive when you already have "something big" on you.
Considering we all know that AI is a little...errr... "shaky" team often end up with having lets say 2 or 3 dasp chewing because someone cant wait the few extra seconds a "T" takes.
Same goes on the ground btw with big trox, spiders, falx and other mobs where you dont really want to have more than 1 on you @ a time...

Thats one of the biggest reasons we often end up shooting some miners (people that ask first and stay away from mobs arent attacked ofc) when were sochunting dasp for instance. Its not because we find it funny to piss people off, but after you had some asshole run around your team dropping bombs making the world shake while taking no consideration at all, then to see them head off and use a mob to "leave", ending up with a dead team intead since 2-4 dasp stalkers ate us all, gets very old very very fast...

And yes im aware mistakes happen both ways, same as everywhere else. And yes theres assholes on both "sides" as well as nice people, ofc there is were all humans arent we?
The way to fix it would be to tweak AI a little bit i guess so that a mob that gets aggroed atleast goes for the "aggroing" target and stays on it a bit first before running off instead of the totally unpredictable system we have now where you actually have do do stuff "just in case" alot of the time... I have absolutely no idea if thats possible to program proper, but the whole problem kinda comes back to the AI in the end imo (besides that MA probably wants it unpredictable i guess since thats the way its been for a long time now?)

Hmm,

I am one of these rude sob´s!

I swear I am such an asshole at cnd you wouldnt believe it :)

Thing is, If ya in my line I couldnt care less about what the mobs around me do. Ill mine straight on if they agro me ill let them hit me and just keep mining as I dont stop untill I hit something OR am forced to fap..

If its pvp, Ill try and kill you. If your hunting dasp Ill try and go of your radar, as I hate it myself if a miner comes close when hunting there :)

If you cant handle the game, tough luck go mine in a chirpy field.
If u ask my nicely, 80% of the time ill be nice, If not I dont care:laugh:

And thats the truth. Everyone whining here, but So many dont actually give a damn, and damn right they are...

Edit, Read Optima´s post. Yes that is annoying.
Thats why I are glad those domes are pvp.
Besides if u see a mob argo someone on dasp dome kill the player then dasp will do nothing for a long time due to its dumbness :)

miners are generally rude.

Canadians generally have Floppy heads.

White man generally can't jump.

People who generalize generally are idiots?

come on Skippie, not your usual level of posting here, a bit disappointing.

/Slupor

Back