Rules

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Rules of the WoF

Teams:

Each Nation's "Squad" is allowed 8 members in the Main Team, and 4 Substitutes once the Main Team is full.

Each Hunt requires 1-4 avatars from the Main Team only.

To sign up, add your full Avatar Name and the Nation you wish to represent to the "Hunt For Your Country" thread in this Forum. If your name does not appear on the Team List on page 1 of the Hunt For Your Country thread, you are not in the Squad.

The "first come first served" means that those who signed up soonest get a better chance of hunting.

Substitutes cannot hunt unless Main Team members have dropped out of the Tournament, creating spaces in the Main Team. When this happens, Substitutes move into the Main Team in the order they signed.

Main Team members who leave cannot re-enter the tournament. This to make sure no-one leaves unless they have to, and to stop the teams from changing every five minutes.

Those who turn up to hunt with incomplete or illegal teams will only be allowed to enter those members that are part of their Main Team (not Substitutes).

Any changes to your Main Team (members leaving, Substitutes moving up) must be PM'd to me at least 24 Hours before your next scheduled hunt.

"Last Minute Substitution" is not allowed.

If several members of the Main Team leave, the Squad can be "re-filled" to the original maximum of 8 in the Main Team, and 4 Substitutes.

If your Squad is FULL (8+4) and more members wish to sign, they should post in your Team Thread on this Forum to let you know, should you need them.

Avatars can leave one team and join another, but only with 24 Hours notice given on this thread or by PM to me. Avatars cannot be in two teams at once.

If only one of a Team shows up to take part in a hunt, they can do so, with their name being taken as the name of their Nation for the purpose of scoring.

Solo Hunters are awarded a small points head start, teams of 2-4 start equal.

The rough rule about who plays is that those who didn't hunt last time get the choice to hunt the next time, each time.

Scoring:

Mobs:

The scores for each individual Mob in each Stage's MobList will be posted at the conclusion of each previous Stage.

Bonuses:

HoF: Double points for that mob.

ATH: Double points for whole hunt.

This is after all other adjustments have been made.

Highest Total Loot: (TT Value)= 8 points

In each match the TT value of all globals for each team will be added. The highest scores 8 points.

Variety Boost:

If your team globals on more than one type of mob from the list during the hunt, you are awarded extra points. This is the Variety Boost.
So for example, if your Moblist included Neconu for 8 points, and you Global only on Neconu, you will get 8 points for each, but no boost.

If you Global on:

2 different Mobs:= 3 points

3 different Mobs:= 6 points

All 4 different Mobs:= 9 points.

Maturity/Generation differences do not count as different Types.

Winning any individual Match: 10 points.

A few details about the tournament:

There will be dozens of hunts, so not everyone will make every one of them. The Squads are bigger than the Teams to cope with this.

Although some flexibility will exist regarding match times, those who cannot present a Team or Solo Hunter for any agreed time will be scored 0, and their opponents allowed to amass points and claim the win.

Moblists will vary from stage to stage but not within stages; for example, the first set of hunts will all be on the same list as each other. As the tournament progresses, the Mobs will get steadily harder, but there will always be 2 mobs on the list that most hunters can easily kill.

The Hunts will consist of:

The Start;

The two teams involved in each hunt will meet their hunt's Judge at the pre-arranged Start/Finish point and Start time.

If one team is more than 30 minutes late they forfeit the win, and the team in attendance can go on to amass points. If neither team shows up for 30 minutes, both count the match as a no-score draw and progression continues.

If one team has no members present and the scheduled time arrives to Start, the Team in attendance may start on the Judges word if they are ready. The missing Team can join the Hunt only up to 30 minutes after the Start Time.
If at least one member is present from a Team waiting for members to arrive, the Start Time can be delayed for a maximum of 30 minutes. Abuse of this consideration will cause it to stop.

To Start a Hunt is to be sent out by a Judge: ALL teams, even if late, must Start from the Start/Finish point after meeting their Judge.

Team names:

Form teams with a name that starts "WoF (Your Country)"

Confirmation of Globals:

The Leader of each team should add the Judge to their Friend's list. When your team globals, the Leader should pm the Judge to confirm the details a.s.a.p., as well as taking a screenshot. The more proof, the less arguments.

The Hunt:

3 Hours on the mobs on the Moblist, any order, global all you can. The globals and amounts will be noted, but record them yourself as well. (You NEED a screenshotter in your team!).
Working out where to hunt, how best to reach each mob and covering the distances quickly will all be factors.

The End: Important! Points can be lost!

The Teams have to be at the Start/Finish point within 10minutes of the Finish time, or forfeit points.
For every team member not back in time a percentage is knocked off the team's score. This is chiefly for efficiency, so each hunt can have a quick de-brief with all participants present and settle any problems while they are fresh; Judges will want to get on with other things and there's a lot of hunts to get through.

For example, if 1 out of 4 is late= -25% points. 2 out of 3 are late= -66% points, whole team not back= No points.

If the Judge is affected by server/computer problems for a significant amount of time (judges discretion) and no-one is on-line to provide back up, the Hunt may be re-played. This is the only time this can happen.

Globals scored "on the way in", AFTER the finish time and during the ten-minute grace period, are NOT counted towards the score

ALL globals must feature in a screenshot, posted on the ***WoFGlobals*** thread in this Forum, before results are confirmed.

Screenshots must include the Team List, and time. If loot amount does not feature (in a busy hunt it can quickly dissappear off the chat) pleae note the loot amount for the records, and confirm with the Judge through pm's.

Co-ords are not necessary as this could aid other hunters in the same stage.

Then the scores are posted on the WarSheet thread.

TIE-BREAKS:

In the case of teams having the same points in any round of the Tournament, the Tie-Breaks will be decided;

Both teams must agree to either:

Settle the tie by a 4-person per team hunt until the first team globals once on the listed mobs; this is the Golden Global option.

Or by a loud, violent and brutally quick method;

The Tie-Break ShootOut.

These will be arranged on a weekend following the tied match, at a Boxing Ring in one of our fair cities. These can only go ahead if all tied teams agree.

The teams who take part in the ShootOut can consist of up to 4 avatars from the main team of 8, or any Substitutes, regardless of whether they have hunted.

If a team cannot present 4 hunters for the ShootOut, they must try to win with lesser numbers; their opponents are still allowed the full 4.

The tied teams enter the ring and face each other, armed as they wish, and armoured as they wish.

The teams are asked in turn by the Judge:

Is Team XXXXX ready?

Yes

Is Team XXXXXXXX ready?

Yes....

Then the Bell Rings... and the last Team to have any members standing wins the Tie. No return to the ring once killed, no un-teamed avatars in ring.

If more than one team has the same score, ALL enter the ring. The teams then fight again, but the winner of the last fight stays out, until all the teams have an order.

It's chaotic, laggy and unpredictable.... but it's conclusive, heart-stopping, and incredibly fast:)

I look forward to the first......

Judge Award:

While you hunt, the Judge can choose to slay the mobs or mine around the start point, for two separate 200 PED prizes at the end of the Tournament. Judge Award Globals must feature co-ordinates, of no more than 1000 m from the Start/Finish point.

Think that's it.

Oh, one more thing, on the subject of Cheating, in any way, shape or form.

Any Team caught cheating will no longer be a Team. And that country will never enter a WoF again, as long as I'm in charge.

Hurrikane.

Last edited:
What if server go down in the last 10 minutes?
What if you loose connection?
I think 1 man from each team is all you need to validate the points.... but rules are rules.

What if server go down in the last 10 minutes?
What if you loose connection?
I think 1 man from each team is all you need to validate the points.... but rules are rules.

The team have to get back, it's part of the Tournament. Even if they went to CND in the hope of more Globals.

This rule shouldn't affect the bigger teams too badly and it might help out the minnows. If you had server problems at the start, you would be at a similar disadvantage.

If the Server dies and boots the judge then the match can be replayed, but this is the only circumstance, or this would last 2 years:)

Last edited:
If is about how long this tournament will be, this is not a good argument, as people can post globals in a thread as in any regular event. And is not realy needed t reach a point in some time. From 140+ avatars, I bet some will miss the final meet from real reasons atleast once, ans I bet one or two will miss more than once. I hope it would not be me :D.
The event is nice anyway, and I'm in for the fun, and not to win. But it would be nice. :yay:
Gl all teams!

If is about how long this tournament will be, this is not a good argument, as people can post globals in a thread as in any regular event. And is not realy needed t reach a point in some time. From 140+ avatars, I bet some will miss the final meet from real reasons atleast once, ans I bet one or two will miss more than once. I hope it would not be me :D.
The event is nice anyway, and I'm in for the fun, and not to win. But it would be nice. :yay:
Gl all teams!

Some will miss, making the scores livelier. It's just another way to affect the score for good or bad. If a team dissappears off the screen mid-hunt it's unfortunate but in most sports they'd lose the match.

The reason they start and finish, all observed by a judge, is to keep this tournament as tight as possible, with no room for cheating or abuse. Screen shots can be faked and globals can be any team with the same name, but an on-line witness overseeing each global as it comes in, along with the confirmation with matching screenshot later on the forum, rules out all but the slimmest chance of mischief. It's precisely because there's so many people, and strong feelings involved that the rules have to be set hard. As everyone is in the same boat, it's fair, as far as I can see:)

For someone trick oriented, this contest is so easy to forge... All you need is a good knoledge of photoshop and few more friends to hunt with the same team name, and PM you with details about the globals when they come. Then change in PS the name and the avatars from the team that will take the global - easy to do - and then post on forum and claim your points.

But I think that most players are serious players and join the contest for the fun. Those that are cheat oriented, will only be able to run to a point, and then te skill and gear will be more important. A mod fap+Mod merc is hard to beat... I know there are many things where I can't comete with a mod fap/mod merc combo, and this is one of the vents where the end is easy to estimate.
I will stop posting about that matter, because if I ill continue, people will think I try to truble a good initiative as it is. I realy apreciate you give us all the chance to participate in an event out of the ordinary that will probably make us ejoy more hunting.
Please escuse my comments, if they are misplaced in any way.

A suggestion and a question.

How will the solo players be registered for the sake of judging since you cant be on a team consisting of only 1 person (unless Ma changed that in the past vu or so) and still get loot.

with the formal teams it would be easy to see by watching for the appropriate team name.

Now for the sugestion.

It seems that most of the actual teams have created a team specific thread here on this sub-forum.
It might be easier for all judges, players and for final scoring process.
If each team posted thier globals and hofs on their own team-thread.
Followed by a post by the judge on each of the 2 team threads confirming his/her observations of globals and rules after each heat.
The judges post can serve as a separation mark for each successive heat that that team plays in.

That way the main thread can be kept for official announcements and official scores without being cluttered by dozens of posts of individial screan shots for each team as the event goes on.
The team would only be responsable for posting to thier own thread, each judge would be responsable for posting the same post on the 2 team threads of wich he/she judged.
the promoter wil only have to look at 2 threads each time to confirm scoring ( or maybe the judge can make even a 3rd post on the main thread for scoring), everybody looks at the main thread to keep track of score (maybe to facilitate side betting) and everybody looks at main thread without having to wade through tons of posts to get up to date score and instructions and info for next round.

The idea mainly to keep things from ebing too cluttered and making information easier to access by the people who it is most pertanant to.

For someone trick oriented, this contest is so easy to forge... All you need is a good knoledge of photoshop and few more friends to hunt with the same team name, and PM you with details about the globals when they come. Then change in PS the name and the avatars from the team that will take the global - easy to do - and then post on forum and claim your points.

But I think that most players are serious players and join the contest for the fun. Those that are cheat oriented, will only be able to run to a point, and then te skill and gear will be more important. A mod fap+Mod merc is hard to beat... I know there are many things where I can't comete with a mod fap/mod merc combo, and this is one of the vents where the end is easy to estimate.
I will stop posting about that matter, because if I ill continue, people will think I try to truble a good initiative as it is. I realy apreciate you give us all the chance to participate in an event out of the ordinary that will probably make us ejoy more hunting.
Please escuse my comments, if they are misplaced in any way.

I think it will be a little harder to cheat than you think.
first there will be the judges who will have to witness the globals/hofs and that info will have to match.
Also i think hurriucane will most likely be on as much as he can during the event so he can to some degree police for accuracy and honesty from both players and judges.
Even if team were to "practice hunt" on the official mobs beforehand in order to get some screenshots to photoshop/gimp later to bolster the score. They will likely still have to get them posted within a limited amount of time. doing some PS/gimp edits will take time to do.
Also there are members of the community who have the expertise on if an image is altered who can raise concerns if something doesnt look right.
there is gonna be alot of other eyes from spectators and speculators who will also be watching for the globals to keep track on how their favorite team is doing as a kinda final screen for honesty.
After all i think alot of people would like to see more events like this and would want to help keep it honest.

As it is there should be plenty of safeguards and and community policing to make sure this is Fun event stays fun and fair.
Afterall this event is mainly for fun.
Lastly if anyone is caught cheating they will have long lasting hell to pay by the community and this will likely be the last event they will participate in for a while in any capacity as well as getting a kind of unofficial scammer title.

How will the solo players be registered for the sake of judging since you cant be on a team consisting of only 1 person (unless Ma changed .

I would like to make a suggestion regarding this, I think the simplest fix would be for the judge that over sees the team be a member of that team.

I don’t mean for the judge to shot or help in any way, but just join the team so a team can be established.

In Photoshop I can make FAST a forged screen shot if I keep all the elements I need at hand. And nobody can proove is not real, except for MA with server logs.
All I ned is 2 screen shots - one with me in game in the moment of the global to be able to use the globat chat at the time of my team global, eventualy, but not necesarly s creen from those who realy global - but I can fill the team chat with garbage and claim that I looted animal oil, or ESI or whatever
If you keep all on separate layers, with good mask's and well organized, you can make a new global of any value in 15 seconds. Just show what you need.
Trust me on this one. Anything can be done in photoshop. And I know for sure, because is my job.

I would like to make a suggestion regarding this, I think the simplest fix would be for the judge that over sees the team be a member of that team.

I don’t mean for the judge to shot or help in any way, but just join the team so a team can be established.

Yeah, I was going to say that as well Nicole. It would seem to to be the best solution.

Set on stack share.

And if the judge is doing a bit hunting for the judges prize, any globals he gets will obviously not be part of the scoring.

And as for the photoshop thing. Yes, these things are easily done, but I reakon there are not many people here who would stoop to this. Think of the shame for you and your country should you be found out.

"Practice" team globals before the event wuld be very difficult to do. The judge is taking screenines of globals as well complete with ped ammount and time stamp.

A sure way would be to have as many judges per event as there are teams, and each judge is a member of the team. But this would nessesitate a lot more judges and organisation.

I think it will work ok as it is, with a bit of common sense and trust for all concerned :)

How will the solo players be registered for the sake of judging ?.

...I have all of their names.....

Scores will be posted on the WarSheet as well as individual team forums.

To answer other queries: the screen shots will show loot distribution among the team, which will be hard to fake.

I think it will be a little harder to cheat than you think.

As it is there should be plenty of safeguards and and community policing to make sure this is Fun event stays fun and fair.
Afterall this event is mainly for fun.
Lastly if anyone is caught cheating they will have long lasting hell to pay by the community and this will likely be the last event they will participate in for a while in any capacity as well as getting a kind of unofficial scammer title.

Everyone: Read this and read it well:)

In Photoshop I can make FAST a forged screen shot if I keep all the elements I need at hand. And nobody can proove is not real, except for MA with server logs.
All I ned is 2 screen shots - one with me in game in the moment of the global to be able to use the globat chat at the time of my team global, eventualy, but not necesarly s creen from those who realy global - but I can fill the team chat with garbage and claim that I looted animal oil, or ESI or whatever
If you keep all on separate layers, with good mask's and well organized, you can make a new global of any value in 15 seconds. Just show what you need.
Trust me on this one. Anything can be done in photoshop. And I know for sure, because is my job.

Then I vote Blackhawk as head screenie-proofer!:yay: :yay: :yay:

In the end, all we win is bragging rights, so I hope people aren't so sad that tehy have to cheat just to achieve that.

Then I vote Blackhawk as head screenie-proofer!:yay: :yay: :yay:

In the end, all we win is bragging rights, so I hope people aren't so sad that tehy have to cheat just to achieve that.

And like has been said, if anyone spectating on the WoF saw an unsigned member global for their team.... oooooo

Rules of the WoF
Max team size 4, Min Team size 1. Solo hunters are awarded a small points head start, teams of 2-4 start equal.

HI. Rule-whore here ;)

A "Min Team size 1" is not a "team". Teams are formed of invited individuals which are then given a team-name. Team names would declare them as a participant in the WOF.

What is the "small point head start" for solo hunters? Why do they need a bonus? Can we have 8 solo hunters and all get the bonus? Why allow solo hunters *AT ALL* in a TEAM event? Solo hunters just make tracking and points that much harder.

Must each team of the county have unique names or just "WOF-<country>"?

Having solo hunters would cut down on the opportunity to cheat, but not make it as fun and not give the event obvious advertising.

HI. Rule-whore here ;)

A "Min Team size 1" is not a "team". Teams are formed of invited individuals which are then given a team-name. Team names would declare them as a participant in the WOF.

What is the "small point head start" for solo hunters? Why do they need a bonus? Can we have 8 solo hunters and all get the bonus? Why allow solo hunters *AT ALL* in a TEAM event? Solo hunters just make tracking and points that much harder.

If the max hunting team size is 4, must each team fo the county have unique names or just "WOF-<country>"?

Having solo hunters would cut down on the opportunity to cheat, but not make it as fun and not give the event obvious advertising.

Solo hunters are allowed so no country is excluded. All names are recorded in the team-lists, as, for example, for any particular hunt, an otherwise full team might only be able to field 1 or 2 players, but may feel confident in doing so. This option must be open. Very few matches will be with one-man teams, as they can recruit more later. Tracking the globals with their name will not be a chore.

The head start is there (only 3 points) to cover the disadvantages of solo entry.

Max hunting team size is 4. One team per event. Each country fields a maximum of 4 hunters for each hunt.

Solo hunters are allowed so no country is excluded. All names are recorded in the team-lists, as, for example, for any particular hunt, an otherwise full team might only be able to field 1 or 2 players, but may feel confident in doing so. This option must be open. Very few matches will be with one-man teams, as they can recruit more later. Tracking the globals with their name will not be a chore.

The head start is there (only 3 points) to cover the disadvantages of solo entry.

Max hunting team size is 4. One team per event. Each country fields a maximum of 4 hunters for each hunt.

Ahh! Ok..that wasn't very clear from the rules and the nomenclature.

We call each contingent of 8 and their alternates "Teams"
The 4 people from each contingent who will actually compete in each hunt are also called "teams".

Solo hunters are allowed for those countries with one players, or smaller contingents where one or two can't make a hunt. Countries cannot field a team of four and then a solo hunter. One entry per country, per hunt, with 1-4 players representing the country. Got it. ;)

Thx.

HI. Rule-whore here ;)

What if I'm a schizophrenic? (You know, you're never alone with a schizophrenic!) :D

Regarding the idea about Judges joining each team as a silent member; this can not be done, as most Judges are on other Teams and will be able to read the Team Chat, which could give an unfair advantage.

Ok, after reading it all a simple question remains in my mind: team name.

Hurrikane said:
Form teams with a name that starts "WoF (Your Country)"
With actual team names, that would translate to:
a) "WoF Italy"
b) "WoF (Italy)"
c) "WoF Squadra Italia"
d) "WoF (Squadra Italia)"
e) "WoF <whatever as long as it says Italia>"
f) "WoF (Your Country) Italia" :rofl:
g) "Who Cares"!

Yeah, bit of nitpicking here, but with all those rules better be safe than sorry! ;P

P. :smoke:

Why don't we select non-participating members as judges instead then?

With actual team names, that would translate to:
a) "WoF Italy"
b) "WoF (Italy)"
c) "WoF Squadra Italia"
d) "WoF (Squadra Italia)"
e) "WoF <whatever as long as it says Italia>"
f) "WoF (Your Country) Italia" :rofl:
g) "Who Cares"!

This it should just be simply WoF Italy, or more to the point WoF England, I mean that's the name your going to see the most anyways ;)

Are you really allowing EU 'countries' to apply and play ?

Q: Can a team of 4 be divided in 2.... eg. 2 members hunting @CND, and 2 an Eudoria&Amethera ?

Q: Can a team of 4 be divided in 2.... eg. 2 members hunting @CND, and 2 an Eudoria&Amethera ?

The individual members of each team are free to go wherever they like during the hunt as long as they make it back to the Start/Finish point at the end of the hunt.

Hurrikane.

So yes, all four could go to the same place, 2 in a location each, or all 4 could split up etc.

Back