Rules

Dam thats sad

LOL! Look at my location at the left!
I am one of this colonists who live here. Okay, I started the german team coz I was born there. But later when Lykke came up with the idea of team Amethera I did regret it ... future will teach me if it was a good decision to stay with Germany ;)

doesn't show location in FireFox :(

I havent read one of the pages on this thread so forgive my impending ignorance :p

What's to stop teams from getting the other 4 or 8 members not active during the rounds from forming teams with the same name and globaling?

I havent read one of the pages on this thread so forgive my impending ignorance :p

What's to stop teams from getting the other 4 or 8 members not active during the rounds from forming teams with the same name and globaling?

The screenshots to confirm scores will show team members and loot distribution, so will be a fiddle to fake.

Community policing will be a factor; many of the Mobs involved will lead hunters to the same areas, and many will be watching; if a duplicate team start globalling elsewhere and are noticed, then that team would face the wrath of the world. Hoping no-one bothers to try.

In an on-line event there will always be some way for people to cheat, most are covered, I'm just relying on folk's better natures:)

Last edited:

The members of the team will be noted by the judges at the start of the event and global screenshots will be required for the relevant post for scoring confirmation.

If the team names are different then something will be wrong. The judges are also noting global amounts, and these must tally with the global screenshots the team posts.

Edit - Hurri is faster than I :D and yeah, get caught cheating and you could not pick a more public place to do so...

Ok, i had thought of that before posting, but it's always better to forwarn that it may be attempted. {IM WATCHING YOU ENGLAND!}

Here is the big one though.

Highest Total Loot{TT Vaule} = 8 Points

I suggest you drop this.
Why?
Far to easy to fake.
Simply trade somone who is ready and waiting and claim to have gotten lots of 30 pedders :p

I sure as hell wouldnt{And if any of my team think about it ill land my ship on their head}, but there is always one :p

Ok, i had thought of that before posting, but it's always better to forwarn that it may be attempted. {IM WATCHING YOU ENGLAND!}

Here is the big one though.

Highest Total Loot{TT Vaule} = 8 Points

I suggest you drop this.
Why?
Far to easy to fake.
Simply trade somone who is ready and waiting and claim to have gotten lots of 30 pedders :p

I sure as hell wouldnt{And if any of my team think about it ill land my ship on their head}, but there is always one :p

This is the highest TT value of any GLOBALS (on listed Mobs)recorded in the hunt:) Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Hi,

I dont understand why judge couldnt join team as silent member.

Judge are supposed to be impartial so where is the problem ?

With judge part of the team, no need of pm or screenies (just keep screenies for confirmation if mismatch)

Easy to check, I guess. But thanks for your hint! Judges will have an eye on this issue now.

This is the highest TT value of any GLOBALS (on listed Mobs)recorded in the hunt:) Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Ahh, this makes perfect sense then :)

Thanks for clearing that up for me Hurr, with you behind it, this should be a great success! :D

Oh and to answer the questions on judges as silent memebers:

The reason they cannot is that the judges also have a competition remember ;).
Can't have those extra globals confusing the real team members, other teams or spectators.
Hope that explains it for you ;)

Take It Easy!

P.S Jamira, i actually thought you meant you were going to try it when i read the text in that +rep lmao. I was going to slap you for considering cheating, shake your hand for bravery and hug you for making me laugh{which caused me to wake my parents btw lol :laugh: }

The team have to get back, it's part of the Tournament.

You may have answered already, havent read most of the pages, buy why do all 4 members have to be back? as was said - one team member is surely all you need...

The rule that says the whole team must "check in" is for several reasons; to counter any unfair advantages (some teams might not be able to get to CND very easily, while some have their own hangars), to wrap up the hunt with all members present and able to deal with any issues that arise, and to ensure each hunt being over in time for the next. A highly-skilled and prosperous team may well choose to fly up in the chance of many globals, but whether they get them or not, they might find points dropped if this gamble does not allow them to return in time. This is just another factor to consider when building your score.

If it helps, it looks like only some of the teams are choosing this option.... a lot are choosing to hunt on the planet. And to add: not giving any secrets away, but future moblists for the further stages will feature very few mobs found on CND or CP.

Hurrikane

The rule that says the whole team must "check in" is for several reasons; to counter any unfair advantages (some teams might not be able to get to CND very easily, while some have their own hangars), to wrap up the hunt with all members present and able to deal with any issues that arise, and to ensure each hunt being over in time for the next. A highly-skilled and prosperous team may well choose to fly up in the chance of many globals, but whether they get them or not, they might find points dropped if this gamble does not allow them to return in time. This is just another factor to consider when building your score.

If it helps, it looks like only some of the teams are choosing this option.... a lot are choosing to hunt on the planet. And to add: not giving any secrets away, but future moblists for the further stages will feature very few mobs found on CND or CP.

Hurrikane

I can understand the time limit, but just having all members there seems really harsh - compared to the previous fofs... Planning a mining trip to CND over the weekend costs 50 ped now to fly back on Friday night and then fly straight back up again?! :laugh:

What if the teams screenshots could prove that the members who'd come back were the ones up on CND and they had made sure to leave enough time to get back?

Also it still seems a bit unfair as CND is part of the game and if your team can get there easily it shouldnt be punished for it - would prefer it if featured more mobs from up in space in later rounds :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand the time limit, but just having all members there seems really harsh - compared to the previous fofs... Planning a mining trip to CND over the weekend costs 50 ped now to fly back on Friday night and then fly straight back up again?! :laugh:

What if the teams screenshots could prove that the members who'd come back were the ones up on CND and they had made sure to leave enough time to get back?

Also it still seems a bit unfair as CND is part of the game and if your team can get there easily it shouldnt be punished for it - would prefer it if featured more mobs from up in space in later rounds :)

It's not a rule against going to CND, and it's not a punishment for going there. There is also nothing telling you to go up there. The rule is your team starts, and ends the hunt together... like in most sporting events, the players have to be there, throughout.

If all the mobs/most of the mobs were CND mobs, I'd face accusations of lining NEVERDIE's, and pilots pockets and possibly working for him/them. Wishing I picked different mobs for the qualifiers now.... but the rule stands.

Hurrikane.

Initial Post Updated

Rules TIDIED UP AND MADE SO MUCH EASIER TO READ.

(Please look if you're not sure on any point)

Initial Post Updated

Rules TIDIED UP AND MADE SO MUCH EASIER TO READ.

(Please look if you're not sure on any point)

This is a bit confusing:

"If only one of a Team shows up to take part in a hunt, they can do so, with their name being taken as the name of their Nation for the purpose of scoring."

"...one of a Team..." should be changed to "...one member of a team..."

by SENTENTZ

How many points get for a round win in group C for ex.?like a football?3 points?1 for egual?

How many points get for a round win in group C for ex.?like a football?3 points?1 for egual?

10 points for winning a match; as stated in the Rules.

Hurrikane

Thx for updating all the country threads with new info, Oscar :)

One small question related to this new info:
The rough rule about who plays is that those who didn't hunt last time get the choice to hunt the next time, each time.

If players on a team is out of reach and/or not able to participate in any hunts for any reason, can we kick them from the team (ask them politely to leave)?

:wise: No, NOT being the issue with team Denmark at this moment. Just in case. ;)

Thx for updating all the country threads with new info, Oscar :)

One small question related to this new info:

If players on a team is out of reach and/or not able to participate in any hunts for any reason, can we kick them from the team (ask them politely to leave)?

:wise: No, NOT being the issue with team Denmark at this moment. Just in case. ;)

I've been asked this by other teams; all I can say is to make every reasonable effort to contact the members involved (pm's, declaring your intentions in the team thread, asking their Soc?) and if you still recieve no reply, they can be dropped. The whole competition was set-up and run from this Forum so all those interested should really be following it.

I'd say any team member not heard of for a week (7 days) could be dropped... and any Team members NOT wanting to be dropped should start contributing their opinions and support to the Team Threads.

Hurrikane

IMO, the rule of the EVERYONE HAS TO BE BACK is BS. Anyone cares to explain why it exists? To avoid late players from scoring more globals therefore giving them an edge? After the end of time, no globals are considered, right?
Rules are supposed not to be just made blindly, they are there to make the game fair to everyone!
Now I'll tell you what happened to team portugal and you will tell me if the end result was fair (nevermind the dogmatic rule for a second):
We were 3 players in the beginning (we agreed upon that time, it's our fault really, but sunday at 16:00 was impossible to make a team of 4, any other time would have been ok, but we were suckers and because denmark could only play on that time, we agreed with them). One of the players CTDed after almost 2 hours of gameplay. He tried to come back 2-3 times, but the connection was bad (wifi) and after a while, he coudn't log in at all. The judge noticed his problem, and i imediately informed her (jamira) of what was happenning. We only had 1 global until then. The judge saw he (garco) wasn't online for the rest of the time, because he's in the FL really.
We continued to play (it would be even harder to catch up denmark now we were only 2), and we scored 2 globals on warriors (hurray!). In the end we were informed that we had 20 points (yeah, not that bad), but without garco, that had his connection broke. So we were punished with a penalty. And do you think it was 25%? Nope, 33% because we were only 3 in the beginning (that's the cherry on top of the cake as we say here).

I really don't understand what's the use for this rule. Hurrikane tries to explain why here: "...This is chiefly for efficiency, so each hunt can have a quick de-brief with all participants present and settle any problems while they are fresh;"... Although I thought our problems were settled after speaking with the judge, it seems that it was for nothing... :rolleyes:
Hurray for -33% points, woohoo!

PS: And no, i wouldn't find it great if it happened to someone else.:scratch2: That would be hipocrysy.

Last edited:
Ok, ok.... let me say this. As Portugal are the only team so far to fall foul of this rule, it is understandable that you are annoyed.

The rule is there for several reasons, and the penalty was going to be worse.

As you know this is a huge event, and I can't tell people to do things that will make it easier to run (like turning up at the end and checking in) without having penalties for not doing them.

To get back in time is part of the event; in fact, to cross the finish line is part of most events; it adds drama. If you took a gamble on splitting your team to far-flung spawns, or went to CND in search of globals, or ran out of ME in a mob-filled location and couldn't get back, the gamble would result in the penalty. Crashing out of the game is unfortunate; but as I have very limited means to verify a LOT of possibilities the rules must be simple and clear; you get back or lose points.

If your avatar crashed out just before delivering the last hit on a Daspletor, you'd miss your chance of Hoffing; if a car hit you in a marathon IRL you wouldn't get a finishing time. Not everything can go as planned, but all teams face the same penalties.

However, I am not totally inflexible; even though with the Rules in place, and now MA watching to make sure that they are helping a legitimate competition, any bending of the rules is not good. You must appreciate that there are still several pm's in my inbox most mornings on the finer points of the Rules already posted; any changes lead to confusion and delays.

With this in mind, if the majority of teams involved support it, I will commute the penalty to 3 points off for every missing avatar. This will give your team a Round 1 score of 17. The Rule must stay, but the penalty may be seen by some as harsh, I can see that.

So as soon as 12+ Team representatives post here to agree, I will post a change of the Rules, something I didn't want to do but will if the Tournament demands it. If you want to save time, just get 12+ of the Team Captains to agree to it and post their names here.

Hope this is ok, don't want any unhappy competitors.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Hurray for -33% points, woohoo!

Btw: I asked Hurrikane to substract only 25% coz only one team member was missed ...<edit..current Rules state same % of points as % of team missing, so 1 out of 3 = 33%..Hurrikane> <and I knuckeled down immediately ;) Jamira>

But I can understand Hurrikane as well. Rules are rules. If you dont like them ... dont take part.

At last I was on your side - if you remember - and very unhappy about your harm. So I'm glad about Hurrikan's suggestion.

Ulla Jamira Brown, Captain of Team Germany, votes "YES", change the rule to this -3 points-thingy.

... let's see who will be affected next by such shitty problems ...

Last edited:
Diabolic Angel, Member of Team Denmark Votes YES to the -3 points rule.

Our team captain would need to be brought in for the Vote for Team Denmark.

I will post in our thread to make it happen.

Regards,
Dia.

:woot: :beerchug: :bowdown:
Now I feel really bad from complaining so much :( .
You guys rock! Thank you Hurrikane for your suggestion, -3 pts is really fair, Jamira (yes I remember), DiAngel, you guys are the best (nice fairplay there denmark ;))!

Zap Zapforker Forker, Captain of Team Austria votes "Yes" for this -3 points rule

Dont even know who is teamcaptain for Denmark, but I was asked to give my words on his here...

Im actually split 2 ways on this one. Not that I dont see the point made by Portugal for 33% vs 25% penalty. I do see a slight mishap there...

In their case the difference is (rounded) 13 points in stead of their score of 11 as is now.

But regarding the original idea of % penalty to teams, I think Hurricane did a very good conclusion:
- Adding the extra thrill of getting back in time.
- Pounding the importance of teammembers for a binding 3 hour hunt.
- Giving extra need for correct preparation and strategy.
- Evident danger of flying to CND.

Maybe a meere 3 point penalty would not be harsch enough to give this extra punchline?

I am not sure, but since this is only a game of which we should all get a kick and a laugh, I will vote yes for giving Portugal a 25% penalty in stead of the 33%. I will NOT vote for a complete alteration of the rules to a 3 point penalty in all.

Sorry for your loss, portugal. Im absolutely positive that your crash was a bad timed accident - and I really felt your dispair on scene. But the rules are made, and the judge is Hurricane.

Lets lean back and enjoy the ride :)

Back