Help: Running EU on new Macbook pro's

Vincentino

Dominant
Society
Chicken Dinner
Vincentino Vincent Galbarda
Considering to by a Macbook pro 14" with the M2 max chip, but not sure if I can't play EU on it 😅
I understand that bootcamp is not a thing on these new chips, so I guess I would have to use software within OSX.
Has anyone got EU to run on a newer Mac with either the M1 or M2 chip?
If so, what machine and software are you using?
And how well is the machine handling the graphics?

Hard to find any info on this, so I really appriciate any help! 🤩

I use to run EU on that old white mac book. Not sure how long ago this was. So it should work...

EU only works on windows, but I believe you can get a second desktop (software) on your mac and run through that... I managed to do this and I know nothing about computers.

Sure someone with more knowledge will give you a better answer though :D

I have the Macbook M1 Max 16" - I tried EU through Parallels, it basically allow you to install Windows as Virtual - then you can launch Entropia, but the performance is not really good. Its ok for trading, crafting etc, but I wouldnt hunt with that.

Might not be useful for you atm but it sounds like with EU5 it will become easier to play on different OS if I interpreted it and remember correctly, so in a couple of years it'll probably be fine but atm, no idea, read above! 😘

I have the Macbook M1 Max 16" - I tried EU through Parallels, it basically allow you to install Windows as Virtual - then you can launch Entropia, but the performance is not really good. Its ok for trading, crafting etc, but I wouldnt hunt with that.
Thank you! 😊
I was hoping that the new specs would help out a lot, but I guess not.
Might have to keep using laptops that can run Windows then.

Might not be useful for you atm but it sounds like with EU5 it will become easier to play on different OS if I interpreted it and remember correctly, so in a couple of years it'll probably be fine but atm, no idea, read above! 😘
That sounds great! 🤩
But for now it seems like I have to stick with a Windows machine.

Thats like buying a Diesel car and fuel it with Petrol

Like , why do you want to do this ?

Can confirm, also tried this on a regular M1.
It's playable on low settings but not the best experience.

It's even worse than my linux performance 6 years ago on my old laptop.

Given we now have a lot more time for technology to do its thing (2025?), I'm already thinking about whether there will be something for PI, using a risc/arm chip whatsit structure. Already we have 16 GB memory single chip boards with graphics capabilities that will presumably be at least acceptable - it's just a question of what to run as an OS on a much wider range of tech. Thoughts?

Not really, but if I wanted a pure gaming laptop, then yes, I would naturally never look at a Mac.
The laptop would mainly be my work laptop for programming etc, but it would be nice to be able to play on it as well.

The reason for asking, was because of the change in processors, as I think it worked better with Mac's that had Intel processors, running bootcamp.

Thats what i'm saying , like it wuld runn but you dont like the result :D

You culd runn entropia on your old PC and mirror it on the Mac? Maybe

I’m in the same boat. The new MacBooks are superior to windows laptops for 80% of what I would use my laptop for. I would like to be able to play while traveling tho so can’t get me one yet. For now I keep a HUAWEI matebook to play on at hotels/airports but it’s not a mac.. I hope there will be a solution to playing Entropia on the MacBooks like we could on the older intel ones.

Update:
I tested Parsec to play on another machine remotely, which worked great after setting it up correctly.
Although it depends on high bandwidth and a stable connection, it worked pretty well.
This worked fine on both a 2016 16" Macbook Pro, and a 2021 Macbook Pro M1 Max.
Also, the graphics was set to "Very High" when I tested.

Just get some second-hand $200 Windows laptop to play EU.
That will probably give you better performance than running EU in Parallels on Mac.

Just get some second-hand $200 Windows laptop to play EU.
That will probably give you better performance than running EU in Parallels on Mac.
There are many reasons for not wanting a second laptop for playing EU. I haul a laptop for work and a second laptop for private use when traveling. If parsec works fine I’ll test that also to see if I can grab me a MacBook Air m2 for travel. Thx OP for the update :)

uh? this means you basically run a remote desktop with your gaming pc, which is running at your home/office?

on a sidenote:
i used to play entropia on my old intel macbooks using wine and/or parallels, which did the job.
i fast googled and found the arm-version of wine called "hangover" - but didnt really dive into it. prob will next week. also want to run eu on my mbp.

Back