Sabakuma Broodmother vs afk sweating

thanks for the pos cave is neat and all but y'all are crazy about sweat bots, way to much agro in there for any serious sweating.

so unless that's not the cave your complaining about. quit tripping just because you saw a sweater.."imo"

I'm not sure what instance issues are involved, I went in there, roamed around the whole cavern (at least I think I saw it all) hunted any mob there (all Sabakuma of various lvls including the Broodmother) didn't get kicked, wasn't killed, saw a few sweaters, didn't recognize any bot activity. What's the beef here? If someone was sweating the Brood's, they'll likely be attacked by the other Saba spawning near it and...life goes on Spent a few hours in there, seems decent enough if Saba's are your game

Gotta love the sweat rage :laugh:

Wonder if the haters have notion of how much PED MA spends with sweaters.

Here goes an estimation, just an example to help some people to gain some insight on the matter:
- 500 sweaters
- 8h per day
- 1k per 4h

1k/4h = 2k/8h

So, according to the estimation, 1 sweater does 2k daily.
Meaning 500 sweaters do
500 * 2k = 1000k of sweat daily

With the TT sweat price being 0.01 per k,
MA spends, according to this estimate, 10 ped daily with sweat.

Giving the annual value of 3650 PED. Which translated to dollars gives 36.50 dollars per year.

This is just an estimate, but even if the number of sweaters is doubles or tripled, the TT value of the sweat is so insignificant. Does the sweat rage make sense? :ahh:

But yeah, sweaters are leech - as in not requiring to spend PED (added after input of Farmer smurf, thanks for pointing that out) - of the system, but how about the super uber HOFs? Or that is a matter that can't be talked about? Just to clarify, I'm not saying the super uber HOFs are bad, just comparing sweaters that take out 36 dollars per year, vs 3k dollars plus per year.

Just think about it.

Last edited:
But yeah, sweaters are leech of the system, but how about the super uber HOFs? Or that is a matter that can't be talked about? Just to clarify, I'm not saying the super uber HOFs are bad, just comparing sweaters that take out 36 dollars per year, vs 3k dollars plus per year.

Just think about it.

sweater does not always = non depositor. (granted more of them in the sweat group, but not all)

I have deposited TONS more than I have ever been able to get from sweating, sweating is just a fun activity to do between deposits for some peeps.

saying sweaters are a leech on the system, is far far from accurate. in fact once upon a time, sweaters were an important part of the food chain (before vehicles)

sweater does not always = non depositor. (granted more of them in the sweat group, but not all)

I have deposited TONS more than I have ever been able to get from sweating, sweating is just a fun activity to do between deposits for some peeps.

saying sweaters are a leech on the system, is far far from accurate. in fact once upon a time, sweaters were an important part of the food chain (before vehicles)

I mean it for the activity not requiring to spend PED, excluding the healing and MF related actions. I do sweating myself also as part-time.

Editing post to make it clearer.

wow. a few of the posts above mentioned they went in and don't see how it's possible because of agro and such. If you see anyone sweating in there - that is your answer right there. They are standing in spots where - no mobs spawn to "protect" the brood mother - and the brood mother does not attack or go unreachable. It is a flaw in the design of the instance pure and simple. You can tell me how much sweat is worth and how much people doing such things costs MA next to nothing. Consider that people sweating afk for hours at a time brings in more sweat than would otherwise be in the market and then bring the price down. It is at a super low right now- and I am not saying it's because of this activity at all - just saying the more in the market the more worthless it becomes.
There is also the point of people skilling "for free" this makes skills worth less. This has been a long standing problem in the game and one that MA and other players always have frowned upon and fought against.
Also consider what one of the above posters mentioned - this "teaches" new players and others a bad precedent. It says it is OK to break the rules, and you should look at any ways you can find to work around the system and take advantage of it's flaws.
Any experienced player would know that is one of the stupidest place to sweat you can think of. Every time you exit your game crashes to desktop for one. Hey you can sweat almost any mob anytime, but focusing on sweating a lvl 57 mob ....:scratch2: And it's not just sweating. You can hunt this mob all day long too and not take any damage from it. No one does cause it traditionally gives crap loot.
Do I loose sleep over the fact that people are in there doing afk sweating - not allowing a mob to go unreachable? No. But is it against the rules we all agree to every time we log in? Yes. Is it some BS? Yes. I don't see why we should just do nothing and care nothing about it - no matter how small scale or how it might barely affect the economy. That doesn't make it right.

when I tried to sweat her, the brood mother most certainly attacked. as did everything else in the tunnels, the sweaters I saw spent more time running back from the entrance after death then they did sweating. I wasted a couple of hours trying, before giving up..solo sweating punies is faster.

Edit: apparently there is a noob cave at half moon bay that you can sweat a bit easier at. still nothing to panic about, but yes a nice place to swunt.

Last edited:
Back