safer currency then us$

they have already made a replacement currency ready to go for when the $ dies thats how much of a sure thing it is
the replacement currency they have ready to replace it is called "the amero" its already been created and is just waiting now

This ^ is fabrication. And if YOU use the internet like you are telling everyone else to do, you will see just that.
There is no way in hell the USA will ever share a currency system with any other country unless we own it. You aren't from the US I take it or you would have never said that.
Please keep your myths to yourself.... :monkey:

Last edited:
According to the bright future of the global economy... I recommend canned-food and ammunition as currency. :eyecrazy:

I think that this post would come closer to the truth than Sumfools posts in such a hypothetical scenario that the US$ fails completely. People tend to value gold quite low when they are starving. Most of the western countries don't have the means to feed their population for longer than a month or so. And if the US$ crashes the food imports would cease. However I don't think this would happen since its in the best interest of all the western countries to keep the dollar alive. :yup:

no problem for me if i have already traded in all my us$ for gold and silver and safer currencies (which i have)

Well not sure when you've done that... but if not recently ... then you might want to get out of gold... lol
I guess now is the perfect time to get out of gold ... b4 the bubble bust..
I don't think anybody with reasonable understanding about marketprice would invest in gold now.... only traders might be interested in gold...not investor with any kind of sanity!

Look at the graph from wikipedia:

gold_price_978083.jpg

Last edited:
if the $ crashed i would be happy to not worry about that as long as my in game investments still had real world value , and when it does crash you can feel silly because you sat here and preached how a change is not needed to protect our investments , i hope your big time land owner in game so you really feel the pinch
it wont effect me i have investments that can withstand a total $ crash because i dont think i am smarter then all the experts in money , i am willing to bet you dont even know about Fractional reserve banking is? do you?
im sure you even think the money is printed by the government :rollseyes:

1) Stop saying all the experts when there is only a fraction of them you have actually read anything from.
2) Stop backing up your arguments with pure speculation and conspiracy theories.
3) Stop acting like you're the only one ingame that knows anything about economy.
4) Stop acting like an asshole just because others are against your uninformed crap.

funny you have a problem with protecting our investments in the game , very funny

No, I have a problem with people coming with bad ideas and backing them up with bad arguments with facts that basically boils down to "I read some expert said this and it is on google so its all true". I base everything I do and say on knowledge, not hearsay and things there is no evidence of.

Do not put words in my mouth.

it can not ever be done cant be made in a lab and if it could they would

Gold has been made in labs, several times. The problem is that the cost to do it currently is too high to make it worth it.

lol this thread is stupid.

The Amero? BAHAHAHAHA yeah I've heard of this currency. They were talking about it on the history channel right after that episode about Thanksgiving being visited by aliens and ghosts.

It's tin foil hat time, boys and girls!

deja vu all over again.

Getting your expert "information" from YouTube might be the start of your misinformation...

It is written on the internet, someone made a video AND it can be found in google, so it MUST BE TRUE. I DEMAND !!!!1111oneeleven:p. SCNR:ahh:

...but somehow entertaining so far :popcorn:

Yuan perhaps? (CNY)

Probably should have a Central Reserve Bank of the Entropia Universe, where official reports can serve to us to know if our currency in the game, have real support or not. That is, if we had inflation or we have a solid economy, like in every country of the world. This Bank is no needed come directly from Mindark. It could be formed by a group of professionals in economy that also would be players of the game (obviously, players with good reputation between community). These persons could make analisys from official financial reports from Mindark. And after publish their reports in a independent forum. For example, a new forum called Central Reserve Bank of EU Forum. or inside another independent forum, like Entropia Planets, as a subforum. ;)

Last edited:
Troll Account?
I mean...

sumfool <--- :laugh:
Hatchling

The information is all there right in front of us.

Very much so. Its disappointing to see so many people taken in by it.

Well if it's just a troll account, it is a very intelligent robot that hit in the spot, because a potential inflation is one of the most important problems inside the game.

Well if it's just a troll account, it is a very intelligent robot that hit in the spot, because a potential inflation is one of the most important problems inside the game.
Okay...

But Europe's individual problems are actually worse than those of the US. Making up random doomsday claims helps no one.

*yawn* regular antisemitic conspiracy propaganda crap, just like most of the videos about the same thing I assume?

Not even going to watch it, enough with seeing a couple of seconds here and there in that video to see it is just some shit designed to appeal to peoples emotions rather than show pure facts and real arguments...

But Europe's individual problems are actually worse than those of the US. Making up random doomsday claims helps no one.

Well, i am not sure we are talking about Europe or America. I think we are talking about Entropia Universe. In Entropia Universe could be inflation too. Imagine this: PEDs is a virtual coin (only a drawing!). Some people have PEDs from their own deposits. Other people have PEDs from many years ago. (Ubers very succesfull, that do not necesarily have put deposits in game). ¿Every PED in game have a real support in USD or SEK? What would happen now if major holders of PEDs they are removed from the game (eg Ubers selling things)?. Mindark has monthly expenses. Can current deposits hold up to this equation: Deposits = Current expenditure + PEDs withdrawal from the game. ?

As you can see, it is not only an issue about America or Europe necesarily. ;)

As you can see, it is not only an issue about America or Europe necesarily. ;)
Not saying what you mentioned isn't important, but that isn't the topic of this thread. So in the interest of staying on topic, that isn't relevant.

The dollar isnt going anywhere anytime soon. IF the euro wasnt having troubles of its own, and the economic downturn wasnt so wide spread. Then i would like agree.

i thought "sumfool" was ironically appropriate name for the goldtard to use.

do youself (and your freinds) a favor and look up which countries recovered from the 1930s recession quickest and cross reference to which left the gold standard first. (and if you clever you'll also note something the gold standard didnt prevent...)

¿Every PED in game have a real support in USD or SEK? What would happen now if major holders of PEDs they are removed from the game (eg Ubers selling things)?. Mindark has monthly expenses. Can current deposits hold up to this equation: Deposits = Current expenditure + PEDs withdrawal from the game. ?

Yes I think every ped has real support in SEK and that it is the "UNCONSUMED USER HOLDING" accounted for in liabilities section of the financial reports.
It is 61.1 MSEK = 9.1 M$ in the latest report and I believe that is the sum of all TT value and peds in game.

It could give them a cash flow problem but the liability is accounted for in the balance sheet.
(by the way, ubers selling things does not remove peds from the system. Someone else is buying the stuff)

To OP: I heard from financial experts that it is not true that the us $ has maby 2 years left at most before it crashes and becomes worthless paper. So, there.

Last edited:
Whats that Chicken Little, the sky is what??!! :laugh:

hi there
i heard from financial experts that the us $ has maby 2 years left at most before it crashes and becomes worthless paper.(due to hyper inflation caused by serious over printing + the insane high debt )
in light of that i think that moving "ped" to a diffrent real world currency instead of the us$ (such as the Canadian/australian $ or the Norwegian krone or the swedish krone or gold / silver bullion for example there is more safe currencies to but thats a few examples ) would make peoples investment feel alot safer and ensure the game will live a longg time to come
thus encouraging more spending from players
thats just my opinion but i think its worth considering the shift to a safer currency
thanks for hearing me out

Wow are you serious right now? Do you have any idea how valid that makes your statement by saying "I heard from...", it makes you sound like a child. "Today I heard the news saying that if we don't pay into social securities now we will loose them forever." (Makes no sense at all) Please do us a favor and when you want to say something like this back it up with some kind of certifiable information.

The "kids" I work with use this terminology a lot and it gets annoying quite frankly. A proper way to have phrased your statement would have been to say:

Due to recent economic turmoil in America and excessive money printing, I believe that the USD will no longer be a world denominator in two years. How do you think MindArk will rectify this situation? Will they decide to move onto new currencies like the gold bullion? Let's Discuss...

Now to answer your question, I don't believe that the USD will ever go away. People "believe" too much in America and are always expecting some kind of "hand-outs" from them. We will probably see MindArk continue to use the USD as their main currency for the foreseeable future.

~Danimal

The only way to solve this is to start printing PED and PEC !!! :silly2:

Yes I think every ped has real support in SEK and that it is the "UNCONSUMED USER HOLDING" accounted for in liabilities section of the financial reports.
It is 61.1 MSEK = 9.1 M$ in the latest report and I believe that is the sum of all TT value and peds in game.

It could give them a cash flow problem but the liability is accounted for in the balance sheet.
(by the way, ubers selling things does not remove peds from the system. Someone else is buying the stuff)

To OP: I heard from financial experts that it is not true that the us $ has maby 2 years left at most before it crashes and becomes worthless paper. So, there.

Hm not sure they have the garantuee of "1RL value for every 1 ingame value" anymore.
If they had, shouldn't bankinterest be a bit more than 65k sek from 61.1m sek at bankaccount?

golds price wont ever drop thats a fact (as the $ becomes worth less the price of gold rises , if you paid attention at all you would know that and creating gold thats the oldest dream in the world your talking about the fabled "turning lead into gold" it can not ever be done cant be made in a lab and if it could they would
Same as they cant ever make diamonds in a lab or they can't ever cure cancer, they can never go to the moon and so on

Where is the fact that Gold is and will always hold it's position it does today?

And I vote for using Bitcoins (can find some fun things on the net sometimes...)
bitcoin-455-140x134.jpg

And I vote for using Bitcoins (can find some fun things on the net sometimes...)
bitcoin-455-140x134.jpg

I looked that up in the thread asking for MA to switch to that, god I hope that never happens :laugh: even if they work out the security problems and it being a pyramid scheme it would not help EUs rep to be associated with an online currency accused of being used for buying and selling drugs and such :silly2:

Back