Info: Salafa Laser Sight MK 3 (L) | (20%Crit Dmg Buff!) | Caly Auction

AckerZ

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingos
Anonymous AckerZ Anonymous
After a week+ of multiple players barely sleeping grinding/trading non-stop we have finally made the first Salafa Laser Sight MK3 (L).

I will be placing the first one ever made on Calypso Auction at 100% TT which means whoever buys it will be the first to know the decay stats as I will not being doing these calculations myself. From what we know of the MK1 decay data there is 2,380 shots per ped of TT so the MK1 has 37500 shots at 15ped TT and this one 'potentially' has north of 202,300 shots.
To read about the MK1 and its decay data Acey made a great thread here where he is selling the MK1 blueprint.

As I am not a competitive player I want whoever buys and then uses this first to share in the novelty and excitement of figuring this out and hopefully sharing that data with the community if they choose to.

YWZ56vj.png
D8YDQN9.png

A note that this Blueprint has an error on Efficiency % it is not 100% - this has been acknowledged by DME and the Virtual Sense team and is due to be fixed on the next VU.

The Auction will have a starting bid of 500% (which honestly is barely break even currently) and will run for 6 DAYS

Best of Luck to all the people interested!

*DO NOT BID IN THIS THREAD - THIS IS A CALY AUCTION NOTIFICATION & DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY.

Last edited:
Theorycraft from Wiki data.
at 10/10 critical chance is 2% of the attacks
so a 20% increase on a 2% occurencies (1 critical every 50 shots)
so that 1 shot every 50 will deal 20% more damage
means 20% * 2% = 0.4% costant damage buff (average)
on a 60 DPS weapon as an example it is 60 * (1+0.004) 60.24

not a game changer, that 20% cost 500% (at least) so
(i am n in need of caffeine so could be wrong) it is like 0.1% at TT cost increase (roughly)
or 60 *1.001 = 60.06 DPS

double it for 2 sights.......

(i am n in need of caffeine so could be wrong) it is like 0.1% at TT cost increase (roughly)
or 60 *1.001 = 60.06 DPS

Someone using this is gonna be using a top level gun with at least 5% focus blow as well. So 7% crit chance and probably 200+ dps as well. But people won't be buying this for the increased dpp, they'll want it for the extra dps for highly competitive events (mayhem/gold rush)

That being said, I've placed a bid on auction lol :D May the highest bidder win

ty Hijacker that is exactly the second part of the reasoning. i did nto want to write all about it
of course bigger critical chance and bigger dps make it interesting,
i agree 100%
i think that cat 8+ mayhem with 2x these sight can see the real benefit of it
newcomers avoid it, the cost is not worth for low dps users.

or 60 *1.001 = 60.06 DPS

I think as Hijacker said this won't be for the lower end players with low DPS and unmaxed focused blow - it appears to have been exclusively designed for serious competitive players who want a significant DPS advantage, where "seemingly" small edges give big results. The fact that this advantage comes from weapon slots that typically aren't providing advantage seems to be why they are likely to be popular - you don't have to sacrifice anything to get the additional 20-40% crit damage buff, very clever item design from the VS team.

MK2 now also made will be creating a new thread shortly.

Thanks to whichever mod moved the thread (y)

Bump for visibility - both auctions ending Sunday 19th 9.30pm Game Time

2 Days to go...

Last 24 hours on the auction for both the MK2 & MK3 sights!

Also anyone with any tinctures - ill be eternally buying them ^^

Final five hour reminder, gl to the bidders.

Back