Save the economic collapse of sweat

Do you think its about time to bring out more things to make sweat with?

• Yes.

Votes: 80 58.4%
  • No.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Not Sure.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Just in it for the EFD!

Votes: 20 14.6%

• Total voters

zelldot

Guardian
Society
Entropia Market
Felix Zell Shallow
Over the last few years prices of sweat continues to fall to a ridiculously low level.

Less than 5 years ago sweat prices was as high as 5-10 PED/K.
Since version 10 the price droped to half that 4-5 PED/K.
Today prices continue to fall to 3-4 PED/K.

The main reason for this was because in the early days there was less items and less things to make, and more you could do with sweat, which allowed competition. The ratio of sweat demand compaired to the market was good, unlike today where most of the mindforce is making a very very slow comeback, and with much more items on the market in the form of raw resouces for all the new items that are produced, sweat is getting left behind.

Do you think its about time to bring out more things to make sweat with to bring the market back to the way it was, at the current moment in time the supply outweighs supply

Last edited:
Less than 3 years ago sweat prices was as high as 10PED/K.

Stupid panic thread,

3 over years ago sweat sold for 4-5 PED/k

Today sweat sells for 4-5 PED k still

THERE IS NO ECONOMIC COLLAPSE OF SWEAT

stop letting resellers make you panic!

:: EDIT ::

i buy sweat regularly for 6 ped/k

but only to those that regularly sell for 5 ped/k or more

Last edited:
They should add mindforce stuff that allows you to carry more, jump higher or run faster during a limited period of time, using normal ME :)

EDIT: If I get Nexus, I usually buy sweat, and never for less than 5PED/k

Stupid panic thread,

wise man has spoken :laugh:

Stupid panic thread,

If this was a panic thread i wouldnt post it in wishlist and i would say something much more deverstating.... like MA is shutting down entropia... but this is not that.

If this was a panic thread i wouldnt post it in wishlist and i would say something much more deverstating.... like MA is shutting down entropia... but this is not that.

it is a panic thread because you think the sweat price is falling, which its not.

just resellers trying to buy for stupidly cheap prices like they always have been

and to add to that, the use of sweat is not much diffrent to as it was, because attack and heal chips when using sweat ME was rearely used because of the MU of ME making it highly uneco

it is a panic thread because you think the sweat price is falling, which its not.

just resellers trying to buy for stupidly cheap prices like they always have been

So you are trying to say sweat didnt not cost much more when there was a sweat cap?

Stupid panic thread,

:: EDIT ::

i buy sweat regularly for 6 ped/k

but only to those that regularly sell for 5 ped/k or more

Cmon, if you realy green about something then just leave it as it is.
You better go to Nea's place and ask for real sweaters whos been working there rly hard for how much sweats are selling these days.

I would laugh seeing you at trying to sell 1k/5ped these days.

i guess i have been playing longer than i thought, but this is from 2006 for reference

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-economy-discussion/17786-prize-sweat.html

i will edit my above post to be less than 5 years ago

yeah well ofc it fell when the cap was removed, but its not fallen anymore...

ya know sweat price on RT is a solid 5 ped/k

if anyone sells for less than that they get told off, so i fail to see why a planet with 100x more players cant do the same

forgetting the idea of the price falling over what ever amount of time, do you think there should still be more things to do with sweat?

and just to add to the price discussion, 2½-3years ago sweat sold for 5-6ped atleast it did when I started dec -07, the golden days was long gone by then already lol

And as many already said, it's resellers that push the price down fooling newbies to sell to them, try go out and make a friends network and you might find people buying for the reasonable price of 5ped/k or more. (which I think are the least sweat should be worth, and what I pay myself if not more when I need)

a

And as many already said, it's resellers that push the price down fooling newbies to sell to them, try go out and make a friends network and you might find people buying for the reasonable price of 5ped/k or more. (which I think are the least sweat should be worth, and what I pay myself if not more when I need)

yeah im considering getting my tour agency together to attempt something like this...

and to raise awareness about resellers

Unfortunately the price of sweat is the same as any other common item in Entropia.

See price of animal hide, eye oil, explosive ammo for 3 examples of commonly acquired items.

Sell some at 105% someone will sell for 104.9%, so someone will sell some for 104.85%, then someone else will see the price and wanting a quick sell list some for 104.70% and so on and so on. Doesn't take long to get to 101% believe me!

Some of this is down to people wanting a quick sell, and some of this is down to the fact that you can only list items in whole ped amounts.

Then again some players will list stackables at 100%, sometimes selling for that amount which brings the price down further.

One last thing - MA/FPC finally coded the much requested filters to auction so anyone could sort by price which was the classic "be careful for you wish for, you may just get it" which buggered up the prices for most stackables.

I'm going to stop now as I'm ranting!!!

:laugh:

Unfortunately the price of sweat is the same as any other common item in Entropia.

See price of animal hide, eye oil, explosive ammo for 3 examples of commonly acquired items.

Sell some at 105% someone will sell for 104.9%, so someone will sell some for 104.85%, then someone else will see the price and wanting a quick sell list some for 104.70% and so on and so on. Doesn't take long to get to 101% believe me!

Some of this is down to people wanting a quick sell, and some of this is down to the fact that you can only list items in whole ped amounts.

Then again some players will list stackables at 100%, sometimes selling for that amount which brings the price down further.

One last thing - MA/FPC finally coded the much requested filters to auction so anyone could sort by price which was the classic "be careful for you wish for, you may just get it" which buggered up the prices for most stackables.

I'm going to stop now as I'm ranting!!!

basically mega is saying what i am thinking well maybe so maybe not.

my question is what about the other markup in game? no offense is sweat price the only one that needs to be "saved"?

lot of proffessions and markups have suffered over time in eu. sweat price is pretty bad only 1 thing is going to change it, which would be if sweat is used for more things, or even if something caused demand.

threads, words, wishful thinking will never change anything.

kosmos

edit: and for the record when i go buy i always stay above the reseller rate and usually end up giving peds away to new guys trying to start out. i am just saying what about everyone elses markup.

Last edited:
if anyone sells for less than that they get told off, so i fail to see why a planet with 100x more players cant do the same
supply and demand... If there's 100x more players, there's definitely 100x more sweaters, and subsequently 1000x more supply, so prices are obviously going to be cheaper on Calypso. If you like the price on RT, why don't you go there and stop wasting the precious time you could be sweating making stupid threads here on ef?!?

what are the prices on rock topia any better? lol

On top of all that has been said... I'm still using up sweat I stockpiled before CE2 update. I had a bunch stashed away. I know a lot of other people did the same thing. Once the stockpiles are gone people will be buying more sweat.

For the record, I'm another who always pays at least 5ped/k. I never collected that much myself, just a couple hundred max at a time and that was with the old system, only like 20 with the new. I know how long it takes to collect sweat and how boring it can be. It is worth the price to me.

i voted yes, becourse i think some new "sweat propeled" items can only help atract new ppl (everyone was non depo at some time :)

as for todays sweat price...just everyyear holiday seasons = 30% more sweaters online for few hrs more everyday = more sweat on market = prices droping

Two things that haven't changed in our sweat market over the last 2.5 years;

The Price.
These threads.

There was a sweat market crisis thread when I first started EU and I'm sure there'll still be sweat crisis threads being posted until the day EU closes.
Just because resellers offer 4ped/k doesn't mean that's the only price you can get. Why else would resellers be buying, if they can't sell for more?

Instead of useing the sweat to more things, it would be better do create more things for the new players to do. Create weapons that are realy low damage/cost, similar to the gateway weapons, something like 20% of the damage and cost of the opola. Add some very small mobs like birds, rabbits, fox and similar animals with very low hp and low damage. This way they could easier mix the sweating with some low level hunting.

hum....

you can get Nexus @ 110% on auction now.
you can get ME a stack of 10PED (100000 unit) for 16PED. 160%

auction fee: 0.80PED
refine decay (104 refiner): 0.23PED

16-11-1.03= 3.97PED

sweat is worth at least 4PED.

if you bought it @ 5PED/K, you may as well buy it from action.
faster and cheaper.

sweat prices dropping?

back when i started sweat was 5~10ped = 1k sweat...

but since sweat is 100% profit the change is not really too drastic

sure a higher price for sweat would be oh so wonderful for us sellers ;) but before it goes lower than what it is at now i don't think there is anything to worry about :)

and about the bird and other animals idea it sounds good but the small birdies are here already (cant remember the name) but they were 2 shots with opalo last time i shot one of the young's i think

I brief history of sweat prices from my recollection, from when I started, up to the present.
This may not all be accurate, I'm remembering this off the top of my head:

Early 2005: 1.0 - 1.3
-Trapping was possible
- Max amount of sweat obtainable at one time: 4
- Sweat cap stood at 110-140 roughly

Late 2005: 2.0 - 3.0
- Trapping was gone, but hill bugs and spaceship bugs were widely exploited.
- Autoclicking was widely used, and easy to use
- Max amount of sweat obtainable at one time: 20
- Sweat cap existed, but took a long time to reach

Early 2006: 4.0 - 4.5
- Hill bugs and spaceship bugs still widely exploited.
- Autoclicking still widely used, and easy to use
- Max amount of sweat obtainable at one time: 22
- Sweat cap still existed, skills had been revamped, sweat cap could be reached in a week or less, thus many 2nd, 3rd or even 50th avatars running around.
- At this point the market was almost litterally flooded with sweat. Many avatars selling 40-50k of sweat at once
- Avatars could sweat 1-2k sweat in an hour, with minimal effort, no problem.

Late 2006: 1.5 - 2.5
- Hill bugs and spaceship bugs both removed
- Autoclicking still widely used, and easy to use
- Sweat cap removed
- Max amount of sweat obtainable at one time: 22

Early 2007: 1.0 - 1.5
- Swamp camp and Nea's the main sweating grounds. Camp Pheonix had by this point been nerfed.
- Max amount of sweat obtainable: 22

Late 2007: 0.6 - 1.0
- Swamp camp and Neas still the main sweating grounds.

2008: 0.5 - 0.7
- Swamp camp and Neas still the main sweating grounds.

Early 2009: 0.5 - 0.6
- Server bug appears, afk autoclicking with second avatars come back in to fashion, price continues to drop.

Late 2009: 0.5
- Sweating Not possible for a large portion of this time. Price is frozen.
- Sweating comes back, along with TP chips.
- Sweat takes 3 to 4 times as long to get, but with demand still not where it was, the price remains the same
- Max amount of sweat obtainable: 4

Early 2010: 0.4 - 0.5 - All time low
- Mindforce comes back fully, however TT mind-essence introduced for some aspects.
- Demand increased from late 2009, with productivity down from early 2009, but miraculously the price decreases :scratch2:

Late 2010: Hopefully price will increase again.

Odd how when the market is flooded (2005-2006) the price is sky high.
Yet when sweat is far more scarce (2010) the price is rock bottom :eyecrazy:

Well, EU is dynamic :D

Last edited:
Actually, it's a fairly simple equation-

When the ratio of freeloaders to depositors goes up, the value of the free for the taking stuff goes down. No big mystery. If you want the price of sweat to go up, start depositing and replace some of the ME consumers who are leaving the game.

ahh and one more thing...vehicles.

i used to tp everywhere using 50ped TT ME each 2-3 weeks. Now since there are vehicles i drive everywhere, and using maybe 3-4 ped TT ME each 2-3 weeks.

solution==> most of sweaters shall move to oil digging with small amps and TT gear

Odd how when the market is flooded (2005-2006) the price is sky high.
Yet when sweat is far more scarce (2010) the price is rock bottom
I know stackable stuff is lootable in PvP zones - but is sweat considered a part of that? Maybe MA just ought to make Neas and swamp camp in to PvP and let the sweat be looted. That way prices will definitely go up eventually as supply/demand issues get resolved the old fashioned way that oil distribution at the rig is handled. ;)

this kind of question pops up with regularity... the sweat market still exists ;)

They should add mindforce stuff that allows you to carry more, jump higher or run faster during a limited period of time, using normal ME :)

EDIT: If I get Nexus, I usually buy sweat, and never for less than 5PED/k

If you're ever interested in buying sweat from me, please let me know. I've got 2k sweat at the moment.

Back